PDA

View Full Version : So what's your feeling on the final?

hankqq
Jun 6th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Just thought I'd get a sense of what everyone is thinking about the final tomorrow.

Mikey.
Jun 6th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Ana in straight sets.

RenaSlam.
Jun 6th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Don't really care who wins, although would be much happier if Ana won.

Noctis
Jun 6th, 2008, 07:09 PM
Catfina to win to complete her victory in RG

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Jun 6th, 2008, 07:10 PM
I miss Justine

Tennisballova
Jun 6th, 2008, 07:18 PM
I just hope it's going to be a good final (and no rain delays please!).

Nikkiri
Jun 6th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Really want Ana to win but i have no problem with Dinara. :)

elise1986
Jun 6th, 2008, 07:19 PM
well, i like both, but i really want Ana to win. she's been in a final two times, so it's time to win a grand slam ;)

ce
Jun 6th, 2008, 07:22 PM
i really hope Dinara :)

Mashafaaaaan
Jun 6th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Safina deserve to win, and I think she can do it, she has much confidence, and one thing I noticed, it's always the girl who has the toughest draw who win the title since 3 years.

OZ : 2005 Serena def. Mauresmo, Sharapova and save 2 Mpoints and Davenport
FO : 2005 Henin def. Kuz, saved Mpoints, Sharapova, Pierce
Wimbledon : 2005 Venus def. Pierce, Sharapova and Davenport, saved 1 MP.
US Open : 2005 Clijsters def Venus( 1 set and break down), Sharapova and Pierce
OZ 2006 Mauresmo def . Clijsers and Henin. I know they were injured.
RG 2006 : Henin def. Myskina, Clijsters and Kuz.
Wimbledon 2006 : Mauresmo def. Sharapova and Henin.
US Open : 2006 : Sharapova def. Mauresmo and Henin
OZ 2007 : Serena def Jankovic, Sharapova
RG 2007 ; Henin def Serena, Jankovic and Ivanovic
Wimbledon 2007 ; Venus def. Sharapova, Kuz, Ivanovic
US Open 2007 : Henin def Williams Sisters and Kuz.
OZ 2008 : Sharapova def. Davenport, Henin, Jankovic and Ivanovic
RG 2008 : Safina def. Sharapova, Dementieva, Kuz and Ivanovic tomorrow.

cocco80
Jun 6th, 2008, 07:27 PM
well, i like both, but i really want Ana to win. she's been in a final two times, so it's time to win a grand slam ;)

same here.
voted 2nd option.

Ksenia.
Jun 6th, 2008, 07:27 PM
While I like both finalists, they aren't the 2 finalists I was hoping for but I want Dinara to win :D

hankqq
Jun 6th, 2008, 07:35 PM
While I like both finalists, they aren't the 2 finalists I was hoping for but I want Dinara to win :D

:D I can only put 10 options! I just knew someone would put this as an answer!! :D

Highlandman
Jun 6th, 2008, 07:41 PM
I think Safina will surprise once again and win the final. ;)

elise1986
Jun 6th, 2008, 07:43 PM
same here.
voted 2nd option.

i voted for the 4th option :)

Fidello
Jun 6th, 2008, 07:43 PM
i really hope Dinara :)
A ja se nadam da dobijes suljeve

cocco80
Jun 6th, 2008, 07:45 PM
i voted for the 4th option :)

who exactly? Masha, Elena?

A ja se nadam da dobijes suljeve

:haha:

LudwigDvorak
Jun 6th, 2008, 07:47 PM
My feelings on it:
I'm torn Safina beat Dementieva, but if anyone else were to win this slam, I've said I wanted it to be her since day 1.

The closest to my feelings in the options is "I dislike Ivanovic so I want Safina to win it." So I'm picking that.

wtatennisballer
Jun 6th, 2008, 07:54 PM
I think Ivanovic will be crying when she gets the second place trophy but Dinara would be proud either way. I think if theres any pressure in this match it's on Ivanovic. :tears:

ninanina19
Jun 6th, 2008, 07:57 PM
I want Dinara to win because I like Dinara and I've wanted her to win from the beginning. I voted the 5th option because I'm not rooting for Dinara just because I don't like the other finalist.

AcesHigh
Jun 6th, 2008, 08:09 PM
I don't have anything against either, but I like Ivanovic so I want her to win. I also don't want Safina to win.. Safina is talented and everything, but I think if she won, this would be a joke almost. Henin is absent and Safina of all players wins?? Makes me even more sad that Venus lost. Safina has talent but she's not a Serena, not a Henin, or Sharapova, etc. in terms of skill, ability, athleticism, etc.

Maybe i'll change my mind, but that's what I think for now. To me, this final reminds me a lot of JCF vs. Martin Verkerk in 2003. JCF=Ana and Verkerk=Dinara

sammy01
Jun 6th, 2008, 08:13 PM
i want safina to win, but then i think safina a grand slam champion for real! shes been playing the best tennis and had the best wins, i dont realy like her and didn't think of her as a slam champion but i think she deserves it.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 6th, 2008, 08:58 PM
2nd option for me :)

hankqq
Jun 6th, 2008, 09:00 PM
For me, it's a kind of tough. I'd like to see Ana finally win her 1st slam, especially since she's already lost 2 finals. On the other hand, given how many great wins Safina has had in the past month, I wouldn't be upset if she won. Still, my vote was option 2.

LucasArg
Jun 6th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Dinara is my clear favorite for the title now. But I would like Jelena to be in the final.

miffedmax
Jun 6th, 2008, 10:19 PM
I picked the last one, although I'll probably watch part of it. I won't get up early or anything like that.

And it's not so much hating the finalists as it is I'm still depressed about Black Wednesday, a vomitous day of unmitigated horror that shall forever live in infamy.

supergrunt
Jun 6th, 2008, 10:20 PM
Dinara's first slam and emergence into the women's game as a consistent top-tenner and slam threat! :D

Rex59
Jun 6th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Indifference. For Safina's sake and personal achievement for a lackluster career so far in tennis, it is an achievement to be in the final. However, other than that.......I'm indifferent.

goldenlox
Jun 6th, 2008, 10:52 PM
I think this final is huge for both players, because it won't be easy for the loser to win one.
It's not easy to win these, and this is a huge opportunity for both.

Marshmallow
Jun 6th, 2008, 11:55 PM
I don't have anything against either, but I like Ivanovic so I want her to win. I also don't want Safina to win.. Safina is talented and everything, but I think if she won, this would be a joke almost. Henin is absent and Safina of all players wins?? Makes me even more sad that Venus lost. Safina has talent but she's not a Serena, not a Henin, or Sharapova, etc. in terms of skill, ability, athleticism, etc.

Maybe i'll change my mind, but that's what I think for now. To me, this final reminds me a lot of JCF vs. Martin Verkerk in 2003. JCF=Ana and Verkerk=Dinara

Agree almost entirely. I'm just not comfortable with Safina coming out of nowhere really and scooping a Slam, especially when Ana has been a top contender for a while and one of the most consistent performers. No problems with Safina at all, she's very likeable, but I am really hoping Ana can pull this one out. It'll be tough though.

And how will Jelena cope being the only top serb left without anything major to show? Poor thing :tape:

Dawson.
Jun 6th, 2008, 11:58 PM
ivanovic in 2. safina will choke

Malva
Jun 7th, 2008, 12:04 AM
I didn't vote. I am missing the option:

I like both players but I wish somebody else be playing the Final (my favorite, of course).

I miss Justine

Me too.

ivanovic in 2. safina will choke

You should know by now that against a player at the top of her game Dinara must choke in order to win... ;)

Agree almost entirely. I'm just not comfortable with Safina coming out of nowhere really and scooping a Slam, especially when Ana has been a top contender for a while and one of the most consistent performers. No problems with Safina at all, she's very likeable, but I am really hoping Ana can pull this one out. It'll be tough though.

Coming out of nowhere? This is a little unjust. It is almost like saying that the Grand Slam titles are reserved only for Top 10 players (unless it is Venus or Serena, of course ;)).

Safina has been a Top 20 player for awhile, on Monday she will be #9 in the World whether she wins or loses, and her record this season on clay is simply beyond reproach. Finally, if she wins on Saturday, her route to the title would be probably more difficult than of any Roland Garros champion in recent memory.

I am saying this not as one of her fans -- in fact her behavior on court is terrible -- smashing her racket and her very loud and very vulgar swearing (in Russian, so you may not understand how vulgar it is).

No Name Face
Jun 7th, 2008, 12:41 AM
While I like both finalists, they aren't the 2 finalists I was hoping for so I don't care who wins.

And I don't know why but I see Ivanovic choking bigtime.

Il Primo!
Jun 7th, 2008, 12:59 AM
OZ 2006 Mauresmo def . Clijsers and Henin. I know they were injured.

:spit::help:

Dave.
Jun 7th, 2008, 01:14 AM

That's a great comparison. JCF was the runnerup the previous year too and became no.1 soon after the tournament like Ana will. I just hope Ana doesn't go the same way JCF did the following year (:sad:)

My feelings on the final are I want Ana to win but I'd like for her to play someone else (Lena :bigcry:)