PDA

View Full Version : Is Lindsay playing Olympics??

joaco
Jun 4th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Anyone knows?? I know she wanted, but is she in the team?

Elldee
Jun 4th, 2008, 04:14 PM
yes.

joaco
Jun 4th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Gr8!

Lindsayfan32
Jun 5th, 2008, 12:49 AM
There has been some articles on the net about the make up of the US olympic women's tennis team and Lindsay been mentioned in all of them. The ranking cut off is 9th June (day after Lindsay's 32nd birthday) and there is no reason why Lindsay won't get nominated. The team should be Lindsay, the Williams sister, Jill Graybas and Huber.

LindsayRulz
Jun 5th, 2008, 03:28 AM
There has been some articles on the net about the make up of the US olympic women's tennis team and Lindsay been mentioned in all of them. The ranking cut off is 9th June (day after Lindsay's 32nd birthday) and there is no reason why Lindsay won't get nominated. The team should be Lindsay, the Williams sister, Jill Graybas and Huber Raymond.

;)

Lindsayfan32
Jun 5th, 2008, 06:20 AM
Lindsayrulz I would love to see Lindsay and Lisa team for doubles at the olympics but what are the chances of it actually happening?

Justin
Jun 8th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Have Huber and Raymond ever played together b/c that is the only scenario I can see that would leave Lindsay out of the dubs?

Lindsayfan32
Jun 9th, 2008, 12:33 AM
I read the rules for the olympics and there is no reason why Lindsay won't play singles and doubles? i hop she is paired with Huber as what chance would she have to win gold with anyone else and i would like to see Lindsay get the doubles chance over the fourth wheel of the team.

Justin
Jun 9th, 2008, 12:54 AM
The US can send 4 singles players and can have 2 doubles teams, but a total of 6 different players. So, at least two singles players will play doubles (so long as the US uses all its spots, which I am sure it will). I know Lindsay, Huber and Lisa all want to play dubs. I imagine that Venus and Serena want to play, too. So, assuming V&S are a team, that leaves Linds, Lisa or Lizel out of the mix (since I can't image Venus or Serena playing w/ someone else).

This reminds me of 2000, when Lisa was #1 in dubs and was left off the team in favor of Serena (who played doubles only).

If V&S do not want to play dubs, I guess Linds/Lisa and Jill/Huber can be the teams. It will be interesting,

Shakira4000
Jun 9th, 2008, 02:45 AM
;)

Raymond has done nothing this year to grant her a spot. Huber deserves it.