PDA

View Full Version : Wake up RG organizers!

Dexter
Jun 2nd, 2008, 06:05 PM
I bet Monfils vs Ljubicić will go into 5 and Stepanek vs Ferrer won't end soon either. They better put Sveta vs Wika or Kaia vs Petra on court #1, because if they don't they won't take to the court today. :o Unless they'll force them to play in the twilight as it was the case with Flavia & Venus.

itzhak
Jun 2nd, 2008, 06:10 PM
The matches will be tomorrow. It will be official in the next minutes.

FrOzon
Jun 2nd, 2008, 06:17 PM
That's not fair.. should be moved to Court 1 and 2!

JAMESYBABY!
Jun 2nd, 2008, 06:18 PM
oh they better play today,, been waiting for the kaia match for ages!

anon57
Jun 2nd, 2008, 06:20 PM
I don't think the organizers should be moving one of the matches out to court 1 if the other match can't go out on court at around the same time. That way you could get that one of the matches is able to finish today while their opponent will only get to finish their match tomorrow. It's more fair to let them both go on court tomorrow.

FrOzon
Jun 2nd, 2008, 06:23 PM
I don't think the organizers should be moving one of the matches out to court 1 if the other match can't go out on court at around the same time. That way you could get that one of the matches is able to finish today while their opponent will only get to finish their match tomorrow. It's more fair to let them both go on court tomorrow.

Both matches could be started at the same time tonight!
Sveta - Azarenka: court 1
Kanepi - Kvitova: other court!

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 2nd, 2008, 06:24 PM
as they were hanging around all day today, i'll assume they'll be 2nd on courts tomorrow.

Kworb
Jun 2nd, 2008, 06:41 PM
They go without a day's rest between matches all year, it won't kill them.

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 2nd, 2008, 06:45 PM
they cant start one without starting the other
so looks like both will be tomorrow

RenaSlam.
Jun 2nd, 2008, 06:47 PM
RG sucks.

Jorn
Jun 2nd, 2008, 06:49 PM
they will play tonight... from ES. Sveta - Vika on C1

TheBoiledEgg
they are playing now

Vika vs Sveta on C1
Petra vs Kaia gonna go on a court without TV cams

ES Player better show it :fiery:

GoDominique
According to German ES, the matches will be played now. Sveta on Court 1, the other match on some outside court.

FrOzon
Jun 2nd, 2008, 06:51 PM
they are playing now

Vika vs Sveta on C1
Petra vs Kaia gonna go on a court without TV cams

ES Player better show it :fiery:

Right decision in my eyes. They should have played these two women matches before the last two men matches as those won't play tomorrow!

sharapovarulz1
Jun 2nd, 2008, 06:52 PM
Thank god been waiting all day for Vika's match!

Dexter
Jun 2nd, 2008, 06:53 PM
According to German ES, the matches will be played now. Sveta on Court 1, the other match on some outside court.Ridiculous to wait so long. Court #1 was empty since before 7pm I believe. At this point the shouldn't let them start so late.

FrOzon
Jun 2nd, 2008, 06:56 PM
Ridiculous to wait so long. Court #1 was empty since before 7pm I believe. At this point the shouldn't let them start so late.

That's right in way. Maybe they had 8pm as deadline and wanted to see if at least one of the main court matches would end a little bit earlier :shrug:

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 2nd, 2008, 06:59 PM
still no one there
Sveta might have told them to F off

Jorn
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:00 PM
The questions are if the players want to play tonight... Nobody on C1 yet ;)

Hashim.
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:01 PM
its written both matches start not before 20:15

on court 1 and court 6

they should have started earlier:(

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:02 PM
Svetlana-Viktoria on Court 1
Kaia-Petra on Court 6
Starts at 20:15

Jorn
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:02 PM
The questions are if the players want to play tonight... Nobody on C1 yet ;)

RenaSlam.
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:03 PM
I am shocked about this.

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:06 PM
quarter past 8 :rolleyes:
thats ridiculous
i guess they did that so they wont have to put Sveta on Chatrier tomorrow :rolleyes:

tobi
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:09 PM
They dont want to finish the matches,it is clear.

anon57
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:12 PM
Starting only at 20.15 is pretty useless unless the matches are over quick, they'll still have to go out on court tomorrow to finish the matches. But I guess they needed to notify the players and stuff, still pretty :silly: decision, to not put both matches out on court if they had empty courts they could have played on.

scoobsuk
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:15 PM
8.15 is bizarre since they have no lights - they went until 9.45 with the Venus match and it was almost pitch dark.

Plus it's not exactly warm and bright in Paris today.

Poor Petra and Kaia - you're in the 4th round of a slam and they stick you out late in the evening on a court in the arse end of nowhere with no cameras and no audience and this is the biggest match of your career so far, probably.

Ugh.

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:18 PM
Wimbledon organisation is the most fair of all the slams

RG been taking lessons from the US Open debacle it seems :o

and ES Player isnt showing C1 anymore :mad:

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:19 PM
PC will be over in 5 minutes :p

Kuti Kis&Monica
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:20 PM
quarter past 8 :rolleyes:
thats ridiculous
i guess they did that so they wont have to put Sveta on Chatrier tomorrow :rolleyes:

I guess they didn't want to have Kanepi And Kvitova on Lenglen either. Court 6:rolleyes: It would have never happened for the men or in others slams.

Dodoboy.
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:20 PM
When they start with 2 women matches it finishes on time!

They should end with men on all courts.

davidmario
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:23 PM
eurosport player really fucks me off! no mixed, no doubz, no juniors, and now no vika!!!

Dave.
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:25 PM
the boring stuff is over and Sveta vs Vika should be on soon :D

EDIT: Commentator just said that was the last match of the day.

anon57
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:26 PM
:mad::armed:Why isn't ES player showing coverage of court 1 anymore

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:28 PM
ES Player is crap in that sense

at least Wimbledon coverage on Wimbledon Media Zone they show EVERYTHING

Kuti Kis&Monica
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:29 PM
Can't believe that my All courts coverage (FranceTelevisions) is not showing Kaia's match :mad: Court 6 has cameras. Journalists just don't bother to show up for this match.

hablo
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:32 PM
So no livestream for Sveta's match ?

Dexter
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:36 PM
The scheduling at this year's RG has been to put it kindly questionable.

hablo
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:37 PM
Nothing beats the scheduling the year Roddick won at the USO though. NOTHING. :fiery:

Princess Fiona
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:41 PM
I'd been wondering about these matches! I would have liked to have seen some of Kuznetsova/Azarenka, and I'd really like to see Kvitova play... (Kaia too! I did see Kaia play somewhere a few years ago for a 'very' little while... Oh, and I missed Kaia's name in the "Favourite name" thread, grr... :) )

Poor Petra and Kaia - you're in the 4th round of a slam and they stick you out late in the evening on a court in the arse end of nowhere with no cameras and no audience and this is the biggest match of your career so far, probably.

Ugh.

That's made me feel quite sad... :(