PDA

View Full Version : Dinara Safina-love you girl thanks!

hankqq
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:06 PM
I LOVE Safina, and now I am a fan of hers. I want her to at least get to the semis, if not farther, and I won't mind if she wins the whole damn thing. What she did today, coming back from a break down in all 3 sets, was nothing short of spectacular. Thank you for beating Sharapova. We didn't need to see her win the career slam, at least not this year!

Davai Dinara!!!

joăo.
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:08 PM
I'm glad to see your hate for Maria inspires you to find favorite players.
Most of the people hate more Maria than they like their faves, lmao.

hankqq
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:12 PM
I've actually been borderline Safina fan for a while, but the fight she showed pushed me over the edge. I would have cheered her on no matter who she beat today. It's hard to come back from 2-5 in the 2nd set, 2-5 in the 2nd set tiebreaker, and then 0-1 in the 3rd set. Safina fought her way to victory. While I'm thrilled she beat Sharapova (that's icing on the cake), I'm more impressed with Dinara than anything.

Marco Fernandes
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:20 PM
I've actually been borderline Safina fan for a while, but the fight she showed pushed me over the edge. I would have cheered her on no matter who she beat today. It's hard to come back from 2-5 in the 2nd set, 2-5 in the 2nd set tiebreaker, and then 0-1 in the 3rd set. Safina fought her way to victory. While I'm thrilled she beat Sharapova (that's icing on the cake), I'm more impressed with Dinara than anything.

Humm, who do you cheer for?

Let me guess...

Asshole...

Slutati
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:32 PM
:worship: I agree. Thank you Dinara;)

hankqq
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:33 PM
Asshole...

right back at ya buddy! It's time to celebrate Dinara!!!

Serenita
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:39 PM
Safina got heart, and she is playing very good the last 3 weeks!

dynamoRockstarr
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:50 PM
omg thank her? i want to give her a hug, wash the clay out her socks.... lol.
but yeah, she got heart and i felt she could win the match even when she was down n the second set. Go Dinara!!

Becool
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:52 PM
http://i27.tinypic.com/o7qedy.jpg

yess!!

doni1212
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:56 PM
:lol:
Good job, Safina! That made my day!!!

Russianboy
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:59 PM
Good job, Safina! That made my day!!!

safina also made my day when she beat serena :lol:

looks like maria and serena have sth in common

soomaal
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:59 PM
I was a borderline Dinara fan and watched her mature since 2004 but now I'll follow her really closely, a bit like I stalk Venus :devil:

And although I'm glad she kicked ass today and showed heart this is not the sole reason for my new found love for this girl. Imagine if she won the RG this year :drool::drool::drool:

doni1212
Jun 2nd, 2008, 06:04 PM

LUVMIRZA
Jun 2nd, 2008, 06:04 PM
:worship: I agree. Thank you Dinara;)

I agree too:) Luv U Dinara:kiss::hearts:

LUVMIRZA
Jun 2nd, 2008, 06:05 PM

is the thread starter a Serena lover??

tim2502
Jun 2nd, 2008, 06:07 PM
i love her ,too.
She never gives up!
And she played a incrediable match!

I hope she can battle with Patty :)

Becool
Jun 2nd, 2008, 06:07 PM
he doesn't even know LOL

chris whiteside
Jun 2nd, 2008, 06:33 PM
Absolutely wondeful, Dinara.

You have saved women's tennis from a tragedy - at least for 2008.

Even better was to do it from mp down - I hope the loser is finding it really painful - I'm full of joy!!!!!!!!

sharapovarulz1
Jun 2nd, 2008, 06:34 PM
Well done Dinara :)

young_gunner913
Jun 2nd, 2008, 06:43 PM
Dinara :bowdown::hearts:

SOA_MC
Jun 2nd, 2008, 06:55 PM

It's all in your head:rolleyes:

hankqq
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:55 PM

Yes, I am. I didn't even mind when Safina beat Serena in Berlin though.

Think about it people-in the span of a month, Dinara has beaten Henin, Serena, Azarenka (who's playing really well), Dementieva and Sharapova. While she's normally known as a tempermental choker, Dinara seems to be turning the corner. Most other players wouldn't have won against Henin, Serena and Sharapova in a 3 set match. If she wins the FO, I'll be happy for her, even if Ivanovic is my first choice now that Serena and Venus are out.

tejmeglekvár
Jun 2nd, 2008, 08:17 PM
i love her ,too.
She never gives up!
And she played a incrediable match!

I hope she can battle with Patty :)

Dina-Patty final :hearts:

what a fighter-headcase party! :lol:

DOUBLEFIST
Jun 2nd, 2008, 08:28 PM
...Most other players wouldn't have won against Henin, Serena and Sharapova in a 3 set match....

Agreed. That, to me, is the most impressive thing about those victories. If she had just won in two, it would be easy to dismiss as a horribly off day for the others. The fact, however, that she's won in three sets- when Juju, Serena and Shapo all are known for locking it down and imposing their mental will on an opponent- is DAMNED IMPRESSIVE. I say Kudos to her!

I'm still hoping that Kuz can win this whole thing, but if not her, than Dinara!!

mon72
Jun 2nd, 2008, 08:51 PM
love u Dina for this :)

Dave.
Jun 2nd, 2008, 08:59 PM
Dinara has done amazingly well. I really did not see her beating Maria before today. I just didn't think she had the consistency to pull out another great performance like that.

I was so annoyed when Dinara beat Lindsay in Miami but looking back on what she's done since then, I'm just glad Lindsay won some games :lol: Dinara has impressed me so much this claycourt season, and the good thing is she's a top doubles player too- she has the whole package. :D

pittsburghsteely
Jun 2nd, 2008, 09:16 PM

lol, maria was beaten at a grand slam event, she has nothing in commom with serena being beaten by safina

Denise4925
Jun 2nd, 2008, 10:11 PM
Win it all Dinara. I've always been a borderline Dinara fan, because I love her brother :hearts: Marat :hearts: so much. Also, I love what she said at the end of her first Tier 1 title championship this year to Marat and about her mother. :hearts: This girl is capturing my heart.

Uranium
Jun 2nd, 2008, 10:23 PM

the world doesn't revolve around Maria, i am glad that diva lost:o
I love Venus way more than i hate Maria.
Also Maria isn't even my least favorite player:p