PDA

View Full Version : Paris audience

Peetz
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:05 PM
I think the audience in Paris is by far the most unfair audience I have ever seen.I am not a Sharapova fan but the crowds behaviour towards her is totally unfair.Like many other people here i watch Roland Garros every year,and its the same every year...always this booing out and shouting between 1st and 2nd serve.:smash: is how I find this behaviour...

tennnisfannn
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:07 PM
they are not an audience but a crowd.

pcrtennis
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:09 PM
this isnt a new thing...get used to it.

serenus_2k8
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:10 PM
Yeh, try being Serena :o

Dawson.
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:11 PM
they are pigs

Sefo
They were unfair to Hingis and now to Maria.

The Kaz
Yeh, try being Serena :o

:o

Everyone gets it, not just Serena...quit using her as an example.

RenaSlam.
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:12 PM
More like a mob scene of idiots that know nothing about tennis.

Peetz
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:13 PM
and they are unfair to everyone who plays a french player

joćo.
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:13 PM
I agree but we can't do anything bout it.

homogenius
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:14 PM
Reality check : life is not fair.
French crowd rules

hankqq
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:16 PM
I fully agree. Clearly, I'm not a Sharapova fan, but there was no reason to boo her today. Last year in the Schnyder match, I understand why the crowd turned on her. Today, all Sharapova did was try to win, and the RG crowd booed her, which was stupid. They truly are the worst slam crowd in tennis, and it's a shame.

Many of my favorites have received similar treatment in the past. It's just unfortunate.

Julian
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:19 PM
i love the French crowd!! It is solely pure entertainment.

Peetz
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:21 PM
I fully agree. Clearly, I'm not a Sharapova fan, but there was no reason to boo her today. Last year in the Schnyder match, I understand why the crowd turned on her. Today, all Sharapova did was try to win, and the RG crowd booed her, which was stupid. They truly are the worst slam crowd in tennis, and it's a shame.

Many of my favorites have received similar treatment in the past. It's just unfortunate

and somehow this crowd is representative for the whole country.They make french people only seem stupid and unfair

ASP0315
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:24 PM
stop whining about the crowd.
The world is not perfect. get used to it. if you go to USO it will also be the same. Underdogs are always get high support and favorites are expected to get booed and heckled.
Frankly i enjoyed the crowd with the exception of a couple of jerks.(which really didn't bother me.)
But sharapova behavior is unexceptable. She is a proffesional player not a club player. Sh should handle it better.

ASP0315
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:26 PM
The world is not perfect. get used to it. if you go to USO it will also be the same. Underdogs are always get high support and favorites are expected to get booed and heckled.
Frankly i enjoyed the crowd with the exception of a couple of jerks.(which really didn't bother me.)
But sharapova behavior is unexceptable. She is a proffesional player not a club player. Sh should handle it better.

ASP0315
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:27 PM

Many of my favorites have received similar treatment in the past. It's just unfortunate.

have you ever heard of J-Block.?
If you please stop complaining about the crowd. ;)

Myggen
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:32 PM
I love the crowd here. They make it more fun and thanks God there are some different crowds around. A Wimbledon crowd every week would be boring. And besides, Sharapova is asking for it with all her bitchy princess tactics.

joćo.
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:36 PM
I love the crowd here. They make it more fun and thanks God there are some different crowds around. A Wimbledon crowd every week would be boring. And besides, Sharapova is asking for it with all her bitchy princess tactics.

Obviously you can't appreciate tennis' class.
The crowd sounded like they were on a football game, they're probably used to that, so they just think it's funny and don't realize tennis is a mental game and may disturb the players. So someone that says that loves such a crowd shouldn't be taken seriously as a tennis fan. And the bitchy princess tactics that gave her mental strenght gave her 3 GSs and being #1 on the WTA on her own already.

Mikey B
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:38 PM
it is a bit bad, i mean when they decide to turn up they boo a great match and great players... empty seats or boos, which do you pick?

Coffee&TV
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:39 PM
They're assholes like Maria said :lol:

Dodoboy.
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:39 PM
To be honest they weren't too bad.

It is not like they cheered when she missed a first serve or anything THAT surprising.

Although at times they were unfair .

SharapovaFan16
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:41 PM
have you ever heard of J-Block.?
If you please stop complaining about the crowd. ;)

The J Block doesn't boo people off the court or make sounds right before a second serve. That was a really bad example. They are there to support James. They could care less who his opponent is.

manu32
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:43 PM
pathetic audience as always since a few years now...they are morons and don't know anything about tennis ,tickets are reserved for big societies to
sign contracts and for unknowed televisions starlets....their attitude against sharapova (and serena past day ) is inacceptable...and i'am french...
no comment about supranationalism when french players play ( no pierce however becoz not she is not enough french!)..
great risk for this tournament maybe,some voices are thinking that spain or others countries could organize better or red clay is a bad surface (gaudio,costa and others poor winners etc..)
maybe one day sharapova,the williams and others will boycott RG and they will get a russian serbian championship??
they don't like stars ,GS winners,pretty girls (just ivanovic???),and women's finals are pathetic since 6 or seven years..
i have tickets for lenglen tomorrow but sorry i prefer "great names " and powerful players (no offense for kanepi or martinez...)...
worst audience in grand slam and unsportivity ...bravo les grenouilles

toxina90
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:43 PM

'They truly are the worst slam crowd in tennis, and it's a shame.'

Yeah totally, I mean I wanted Dinara to win, but it was so awful for Maria. The crowd were pathetic, its not a football match.

Julian
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:44 PM
Obviously you can't appreciate tennis' class.
The crowd sounded like they were on a football game, they're probably used to that, so they just think it's funny and don't realize tennis is a mental game and may disturb the players. So someone that says that loves such a crowd shouldn't be taken seriously as a tennis fan. And the bitchy princess tactics that gave her mental strenght gave her 3 GSs and being #1 on the WTA on her own already.
so maria's bitchy princess tactics is class to you?
Im glad the French did not stand for it!

Becool
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:44 PM
:o

Everyone gets it, not just Serena...quit using her as an example.
not everyone gets it

Peetz
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:45 PM
yes unsportivity thats just what it is

Noctis
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:48 PM
Lindsay is clever choosing not to play there

homogenius
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:49 PM
and somehow this crowd is representative for the whole country.They make french people only seem stupid and unfair

and somehow bitterness leads to ignorance...

tequila
Jun 2nd, 2008, 06:03 PM
It's the French. They're pigs. :shrug:

@Sweet Cleopatra
Jun 2nd, 2008, 06:32 PM
they are assholes

young_gunner913
Jun 2nd, 2008, 06:38 PM
Cant handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

ASP0315
Jun 2nd, 2008, 06:55 PM
The J Block doesn't boo people off the court or make sounds right before a second serve. That was a really bad example. They are there to support James. They could care less who his opponent is.

it seems that you don't follow mens tennis a lot. you are totally wrong.
1) First they are drunk 2) they heckle the opponents repeatedly
3) Yes they whistle repeatedly on opponents serve.
4) they are doing that alone at USO. They do that repeatedly at pilot penn open as well.
5) Just take a look at tommy haas vs james blake match. They tried repeatedly throw tommy haas off tracks by whistling him. But unlike your baby sharapova, tommy haas kept his cool during the mps and shut them up.
6) Another example is carlos moya vs james blake in 2005 . same old story

Let me remind you in case you watched 2001 USO don't even bother to complain about the french crowd.
Don't tell the USO crowd is good. they are as bad as the french. But since it is happening the US, the US media doesn't give a damn about it.
Overall i don't really care about these crowds.But these players are pros, they should know how to handle them. caling the crowd "fucking assholes" doesn't do sharapova any good plus it also makes look like sharapova is just whining baby and will lose her reputation.

homogenius
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:01 PM
It's the French. They're pigs. :shrug:

Pigs : 1
Cow : 0

sharapovarulz1
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:03 PM
Wimbledon crowd are the most respectable they would never boo a player!

LUVMIRZA
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:05 PM

U mean boring???

Peetz
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:09 PM
U mean boring???
So you watch tennis to see an interesting crowd or what? isnt it the match that is supposed to be intesting? :lol:

ASP0315
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:14 PM

yeah i agree.
even during the controversial phillipousis vs henman match 4 years ago. the people were very respectable. They are very gentlemanly and offcourse quiet.(which many people find it boring, but i don't.)

ASP0315
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:22 PM
So you watch tennis to see an interesting crowd or what? isnt it the match that is supposed to be intesting? :lol:

very true. But some people come from different backgrounds.( I mean they are used to following football ,basketball, Cricket etc etc where there are huge crowds and the loud atmosphere make the game very interesting actually. Beacuse the home team can get pumped up and play well. It will also be interesting to see the how the teams will tackle the hostile environment. The loud crowd might become quiet. Yes for some instances even the neutral matches get huge crowds. They will always root for the underdogs in case it is neutral match and high ranked team might be alosh eckled.)
Overall i do prefer larger crowds because it make the game interesting and will test the players body language. Thats why Davis cups are very interesting.

A Magicman
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:25 PM

If anyone deserved this horde it was Hingis.

LUVMIRZA
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:25 PM

Dont be silly. If a match is good and the crowd doesnt get involved, then we say the crowd is boring. It doesnt mean that we didnt enjoy the match. Whenever the crowd goes roaring & get involved in a match, we all love it!

joćo.
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:27 PM
so maria's bitchy princess tactics is class to you?
Im glad the French did not stand for it!

Those are ways she finds to keep herself focused and then comes the assholes interfering with that and not letting her do her job. Most of the players that are mentally tough have routines so they can keep being strong out there, you didn't know that? :rolleyes: And i thought tennis was supposed to be a sport with class and not with a bunch of people boo'ing someone when, in fact, she didn't do anything wrong to them (she only insulted them after they kept on disturbing the play).

@Sweet Cleopatra
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:27 PM

that's right and i feel they respect players and tennis

Peetz
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:29 PM
very true. But some people come from different backgrounds.( I mean they are used to following football ,basketball, Cricket etc etc where there are huge crowds and the loud atmosphere make the game very interesting actually. Beacuse the home team can get pumped up and play well. It will also be interesting to see the how the teams will tackle the hostile environment. The loud crowd might become quiet. Yes for some instances even the neutral matches get huge crowds. They will always root for the underdogs in case it is neutral match and high ranked team might be alosh eckled.)
Overall i do prefer larger crowds because it make the game interesting and will test the players body language. Thats why Davis cups are very interesting.
I completly agree with you.Actually I find a loud atmosphere good for a match.I only dislike an unfair behaviour.And some people here define an unfair crowd as interesting and a respectful as boring,but that was not the topic of the tread.I cannot understand in how far an unfair crowd should make a match more interesting; probably it just has the opposite effect becaue it disturbs a player in his concentration,who in the end only commits more unforced errors and the result is a more boring match

Peetz
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:31 PM
Dont be silly. If a match is good and the crowd doesnt get involved, then we say the crowd is boring. It doesnt mean that we didnt enjoy the match. Whenever the crowd goes roaring & get involved in a match, we all love it!

LUVMIRZA
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:32 PM
I completly agree with you.Actually I find a loud atmosphere good for a match.I only dislike an unfair behaviour.And some people here define an unfair crowd as interesting and a respectful as boring,but that was not the topic of the tread.I cannot understand in how far an unfair crowd should make a match more interesting; probably it just has the opposite effect becaue it disturbs a player in his concentration,who in the end only commits more unforced errors and the result is a more boring match

I dint say that french crowd was great. Dont make that up. I meant if the crowd gets involved in a match, excitement doubles up. thats it!!

Peetz
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:34 PM
I dint say that french crowd was great. Dont make that up. I meant if the crowd gets involved in a match, excitement doubles up. thats it!!
of course an involved crowd is good for a match, but why express it in such unfair ways?

woosey
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:34 PM

they were not unfair to hingis. hingis actually went across the net to graf's side during that match. she was clearly in the wrong and deserved the pelting she got.

besides, the players have to be able to handle rude and rowdy crowds. there's no such thing as an "unfair" crowd. this is sport.

woosey
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:37 PM
Cant handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

basically.

just as serena should have overcome them during that infamous match against henin, maria should have risen to the occasion.

people do it in sports all the time. can't depend on the crowd to like you and cheer you on.

LUVMIRZA
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:41 PM
basically.

just as serena should have overcome them during that infamous match against henin, maria should have risen to the occasion.

people do it in sports all the time. can't depend on the crowd to like you and cheer you on.

right. y shuld u expect others to support u. then it means u're week.

Peetz
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:44 PM
must also be weak not to expect others to disturb you

ASP0315
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:44 PM

I do agree it effects players concentration but it is same for both players.(sharapova and safina for instance. the loud atmosphere affected them both but however that should not be used as an excuse for losing.Safina stepped during crutial moments and sharapova self destructed. If you look the match the crowd did not play any part in maria sharapova's loss. safina served well and outplayed her from the baseline) Pros should learn how to handle that.

Here is the thing when you play well the crowd will cheer you and when you play badly the crowd will boo you. It will be different scenerario for home player vs away player. The crowd will be quiet if the opposition players plays wells and hitting good shots in row. If you play badly they crowd will obviously boo you and heckle you and root for the home player loudly.

It is up the the players to tackle the crowd just like how they tackle the media and public critism. They just need to ignore the crowd and play thier game.

ASP0315
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:47 PM
they were not unfair to hingis. hingis actually went across the net to graf's side during that match. she was clearly in the wrong and deserved the pelting she got.

besides, the players have to be able to handle rude and rowdy crowds. there's no such thing as an "unfair" crowd. this is sport.

completely agree with you.

Monica_Rules
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:51 PM
The paris crowd does it every year. theres no real explanation as to why. Its the french being french

LUVMIRZA
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:52 PM
of course an involved crowd is good for a match, but why express it in such unfair ways?

The crowd dint think that its unfair, coz may be they dint like her ice cold attitude. She shuld have handled it well (think about the Fed cup match in Israel, where she handled it very well). So it shows that the opponent was good and she started blaming the crowd for her bad play.

Peetz
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:53 PM
I do agree it effects players concentration but it is same for both players.(sharapova and safina for instance. the loud atmosphere affected them both but however that should not be used as an excuse for losing.Safina stepped during crutial moments and sharapova self destructed. If you look the match the crowd did not play any part in maria sharapova's loss. safina served well and outplayed her from the baseline) Pros should learn how to handle that.

Here is the thing when you play well the crowd will cheer you and when you play badly the crowd will boo you. It will be different scenerario for home player vs away player. The crowd will be quiet if the opposition players plays wells and hitting good shots in row. If you play badly they crowd will obviously boo you and heckle you and root for the home player loudly.

It is up the the players to tackle the crowd just like how they tackle the media and public critism. They just need to ignore the crowd and play thier game.
I dont blame the crowd for sharapovas loss.I am not even a fan of her,actually im glad Safina won.
You are right with what you say,but concerning booing the french crowd is really kind of special.They start booing a player for everything when they are on his opponents side.if it is a close line call that a player starts to discuss or a thrown raquet.I mean that there are situations in which a crowd just shouldnt play a role.
Just remember the match nadal vs grosjean some years ago.nadal played an excellent game and grosjean wasnt getting much together.for every fault nadal committed,people were springing out of their seats,clapping and roaring,especially between 1st an 2nd serve.thats an awful behaviour

Peetz
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:55 PM
The crowd dint think that its unfair, coz may be they dint like her ice cold attitude. She shuld have handled it well (think about the Fed cup match in Israel, where she handled it very well). So it shows that the opponent was good and she started blaming the crowd for her bad play
i dont think her "ice cold attitude" is a rectificatioon for that.

tobe
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:57 PM
still....hate those generalizations!! Just cos 10 % jerks in the crowd booed makes ALL FRENCH bastards? Chill guys:o..........

LUVMIRZA
Jun 2nd, 2008, 08:01 PM
i dont think her "ice cold attitude" is a rectificatioon for that.

I said - may be a reason, we dont know wat exactly the reason is. I also dont think a crowd will boo a person without a reason may be one or two people in the crowd, not a whole stadium.

misael
Jun 2nd, 2008, 08:02 PM
The French crowd is hardest on it's own players, Mary pierce was booed on more then one ocasion, so has Ameliee.If Maria was/is so metally strong ,she should'nt let them get to her.

Nicolas
Jun 2nd, 2008, 08:02 PM
pathetic audience as always since a few years now...they are morons and don't know anything about tennis ,tickets are reserved for big societies to
sign contracts and for unknowed televisions starlets....their attitude against sharapova (and serena past day ) is inacceptable...and i'am french...
no comment about supranationalism when french players play ( no pierce however becoz not she is not enough french!)..
great risk for this tournament maybe,some voices are thinking that spain or others countries could organize better or red clay is a bad surface (gaudio,costa and others poor winners etc..)
maybe one day sharapova,the williams and others will boycott RG and they will get a russian serbian championship??
they don't like stars ,GS winners,pretty girls (just ivanovic???),and women's finals are pathetic since 6 or seven years..
i have tickets for lenglen tomorrow but sorry i prefer "great names " and powerful players (no offense for kanepi or martinez...)...
worst audience in grand slam and unsportivity ...bravo les grenouilles

WTF? :confused:

LightWarrior
Jun 2nd, 2008, 08:03 PM
I am French. And I can tell you this crowd is horrible for many reasons :
on the two main courts( Chatrier and Lenglen) they are not tennis lovers for the most part, just a bunch of poseurs, behind sunglasses, money loaded, who got tickets through whatever way. I'm talking about the ones around the court with the best seats.
They're racist people. They hate Serena (got to do "the hand" back in 2003). Most shockingly, they way they booed Mary Pierce several times when she was losing a match was horrible.

Peetz
Jun 2nd, 2008, 08:06 PM
The crowd dint think that its unfair, coz may be they dint like her ice cold attitude. She shuld have handled it well (think about the Fed cup match in Israel, where she handled it very well). So it shows that the opponent was good and she started blaming the crowd for her bad play.

yes probably its only some of the people that are so unsportiv,but still its a phenomenon that has been there for the past years.and its bad for the image of the tournamanent

ys
Jun 2nd, 2008, 08:16 PM
You have to understand how influential this nasty audience really is. If it is not for Paris crowd, Serena could well have been in double-figures in won Slams already, Hingis would have completed career Slam and probably would have been in double-figures too, Henin could well still be slamless. For each of them Paris crowd was a turning point. It stopped Serena's absolute dominance, it pretty much derailed Hingis's career, it has made a champion out of Henin. Players should understand that already and learn to use it.

tobe
Jun 2nd, 2008, 08:20 PM
You have to understand how influential this nasty audience really is. If it is not for Paris crowd, Serena could well have been in double-figures in won Slams already, Hingis would have completed career Slam and probably would have been in double-figures too, Henin could well still be slamless. For each of them Paris crowd was a turning point. It stopped Serena's absolute dominance, it pretty much derailed Hingis's career, it has made a champion out of Henin. Players should understand that already and learn to use it.

:help:

meruvien
Jun 2nd, 2008, 08:26 PM
I am French. And I can tell you this crowd is horrible for many reasons :
on the two main courts( Chatrier and Lenglen) they are not tennis lovers for the most part, just a bunch of poseurs, behind sunglasses, money loaded, who got tickets through whatever way. I'm talking about the ones around the court with the best seats.
They're racist people. They hate Serena (got to do "the hand" back in 2003). Most shockingly, they way they booed Mary Pierce several times when she was losing a match was horrible.

Oh come on ! French crowd is the hardest, they want a show no matter what your ranking is and if a low ranking player is playing well they're cheering for him/her to make him/her win. Sure they booed Serena and Pierce but they also booed Mauresmo , Tauziat , Gasquet , Pioline , Leconte. Nearly all the best French players were booed not only Serena and Pierce. So don't tell bullshit about racism !!!! What happened with Gustavo Kuerten at the beginning of the tournament is a proof we are not racist cos i don't think it could have happened everywhere else ! French crowd has their favorites (Guga, Agassi, Steffi Graf, Henin etc...) That's all.

JadeFox
Jun 2nd, 2008, 08:30 PM
The French crowd is hardest on it's own players, Mary pierce was booed on more then one ocasion, so has Ameliee.If Maria was/is so metally strong ,she should'nt let them get to her.

Even the most mentally tough people can crack at times. Maria, contrary to popular belief is human. I still think that she has better nerves of steel than most women on the tour. She just had a bad day in that department.

wateva
Jun 2nd, 2008, 08:33 PM
i was watching cibulkova vs jankovic and i thought jelena was the more popular figure.
however, they were fiercely behind cibulkova, chanting "dominika" throughout the match.
guess the french crowd knew about gael n dominika. :lol:
anyway, it's only normal that people root for the underdogs. (except their french players of course)

athake
Jun 2nd, 2008, 08:33 PM

it it it... hahaha, r u real
sampras or fedex? it seems u know everything about it, say it, pls it...

what a waste of 15000 posts...

hankqq
Jun 2nd, 2008, 08:40 PM

actually you're very wrong. The USO crowds cheer for people, but rarely boo. They usually only boo if a player starts acting like a jerk. At night matches, the crowd gets noisy cuz some of them are drunk (the AO crowd is like this too), but they aren't mean to a player unless there is good reason for it.

The RG crowds just like to boo. Sometimes the players they boo don't do anything boo-worthy. Again, I don't like Sharapova, but the crowd just wanted to see her lose, so they booed her. I'm not blaming her loss on the crowd, I'm just saying their behavior is often inappropriate. It certainly was today.

If they were fair, they would boo Llodra for acting like a clown or boasting in his opponents' faces when he wins cheap points. They would boo Cornet when she takes little tantrums if she's losing-but they won't because the RG crowds are so nationalistic it's pathetic. Of course, I expect crowds at every event to cheer for the home player, but not boo the other opponent just because he/she is playing a domestic player. Only if a French player is losing badly will he/she get booed by the crowd, which is also pathetic. How can you boo the player you're supporting?

I know there are always decent fans (like some who post on this board) who would never behave like the majority of the RG crowd, but unfortunately most of the RG crowd is just rude.

LightWarrior
Jun 2nd, 2008, 08:40 PM
Oh come on ! French crowd is the hardest, they want a show no matter what your ranking is and if a low ranking player is playing well they're cheering for him/her to make him/her win. Sure they booed Serena and Pierce but they also booed Mauresmo , Tauziat , Gasquet , Pioline , Leconte. Nearly all the best French players were booed not only Serena and Pierce. So don't tell bullshit about racism !!!! What happened with Gustavo Kuerten at the beginning of the tournament is a proof we are not racist cos i don't think it could have happened everywhere else ! French crowd has their favorites (Guga, Agassi, Steffi Graf, Henin etc...) That's all.

No, they don't seem to care about the game, they are biased from the beginning and most players get caught in that.

celia
Jun 2nd, 2008, 08:56 PM
Well they hate Sharapova nothing new.

I actually felt really bad during the Mathieu-Hernandez at the beginning of the week. And I love PHM. Hernandez was tired as hell, he was even red, I thought he was gonna pass away, then he misses a bad point, throw his racket in the air, not even in a violent way, and gets booed. The winners he made weren't even applauded. I mean the poor guy was just fighting out there to make it a little more exciting, for the crowd, and he doesn't even get one applaud in return.

Pathetic.

Shvedbarilescu
Jun 2nd, 2008, 09:38 PM

You're absolutely right. If not for the French crowd, Serena Williams would have 15 grand slams by now. Martina Hingis at least a dozen. Mauresmo would probably have 8 or 9 by now. Mary Pierce would have at least 7 or 8. Infact most players would have roughly twice as many Slams as they do right now, aside from Henin of course. Those nasty mean French people. :tape:

:haha:

Sharapower
Jun 3rd, 2008, 10:01 AM
So it shows that the opponent was good and she started blaming the crowd for her bad play.

Could you tell us where and when she blamed the crowed for her bad play?

FrenchY52
Jun 3rd, 2008, 11:09 AM
I hate how they behave when a French player is playing.. I like when they cheer for him, do the 'Ola' (Mexican wave) etc, but not when they boo the oponent for any reason.. Otherwise I love it, I hate when the crowd is dead and cold like in Wimbledon.

Anyway not a lot of people in the crowd are booing players, so blame THEM, not all the French people :lol:

Avid Merrion
Jun 3rd, 2008, 11:19 AM
their tournament, their rules. deal with it.
it's not like this is some kind of new phenomenon at RG.

Elisse
Jun 3rd, 2008, 12:44 PM
Personally, I love the French crowd!!! :o :worship: I love watching tennis in France because of the atmosphere, the crowd really get involved and yeah..sometimes I don't agree with their behaviour towards certain players like Marion - but in general, I love the the fact that they boo when a player is showing off, I love when they do the Mexian Wave until they feel like stopping and I just love being part of a crowd who are really very passionate about Tennis!!! :hearts: