PDA

View Full Version : Radwanska OUT of Birmingham and possibly Eastbourne too

spiceboy
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:37 PM
Jelena's Spanish coach is a commentator guest for ES Spain and being asked about the problem with the balls he said that the problem this year is that womens are playing with men's balls and he said that this is hurting the players :tape:

He said he saw Radwanska earlier today and told him that she will withdraw for the tournaments of the two next weeks :help:

fouc
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:44 PM
she confirmed in interviews that she will take part in both of these events, so... :rolleyes:

fouc
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:52 PM
OK, i've just read the newest interview with her father, and it says that they blame double performance with ula for aga's bad form and injury during 4r's match. aga's always treated doubles as a light training but it appears that since it has had effect on her single performances, she'll have to resign from doubles for some time. and so, she withdraws from birmingham and eastbourne doubles. and doubles only.

sharapovarulz1
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:58 PM
Oh please let it just be doubles I have tickets for Birmingham and really want to see her!!!! :D

aguy9797
Jun 2nd, 2008, 01:22 PM
Aga injured her arm during the 3-hour long double match, and was in pain playing Jelena, she decided to drop doubles playing on grass, probably a good move, she had so much succes playing grass the last two years, hopefully she can keep it going this year, GO AGA!!

Dawson.
Jun 2nd, 2008, 01:24 PM
as long as shes fine for wimbleon ;)

spiceboy
Jun 3rd, 2008, 04:17 PM
Radwanska is definetely OUT of Birmingham

Dubois takes her place in MD

Miss Atomic Bomb
Jun 3rd, 2008, 04:32 PM
omg no...first that tatiana entering birmingham and now radwanska withdrawing ...guess i am not going now :mad:

St.Sebastian
Jun 3rd, 2008, 05:32 PM
Aga :said:
But maybe that will teach her a lesson...

Malva
Jun 3rd, 2008, 05:40 PM

What that? What lesson? Could you express yourself more clearly?

spiceboy
Jun 3rd, 2008, 05:59 PM

I guess she wanted her little sister to go to the Olympics and both were aiming for a good result in Paris...now Jans/Rososlka are playing that $75K in Rome and if they win it they'll go to Beijing :hearts: :worship:

St.Sebastian
Jun 3rd, 2008, 06:06 PM
Her unwise scheduling, she is doing a Jelena 2007 and also plays doubles wherever possible.

Malva
Jun 3rd, 2008, 06:14 PM

Now, I understand. Your remarks are belated slightly though: she and her father already made appropriate adjustments to her future appearances at big tournaments.

We discussed this issue over the last couple of days in a thread in her forum.