spiritedenergy
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:39 AM
Kuzzy 6-3 6-0

Pasta-Na
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:41 AM
kuzzy in 2 :p

Craig.
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:41 AM
Emmanuel Joseph 6-7(41), 7-6(101), 65-63.

hankqq
Jun 2nd, 2008, 01:02 AM
Azarenka has been torching everyone in her path so far at RG. Kuznetsova is a totally different player from anyone Victoria has faced yet though. Kuznetsova likes to be aggressive, but she knows when she plays someone like Venus, Sharapova, Vaidisova, Safina and Azarenka that she'll need to be a little bit more of a steady counterpuncher than a first strike player.

I wouldn't be surprised if something like Miami happens again-where Azarenka gets on a hot streak in the first set and for the first half of the second set, but then Kuznetsova wears her down to totally turn the match around.

Kuznetsova really is one of the top clay courters, and unless she doesn't play well tomorrow, I think she'll manage to stop Azarenka.

Willam
Jun 2nd, 2008, 01:22 AM
Hope vika :shrug:

iPatty
Jun 2nd, 2008, 01:26 AM
Kuznetsova pretty easily, Azarenka will still be thinking about that Miami match, knowing her...

Buitenzorg
Jun 2nd, 2008, 03:19 AM
this one of interesting match to me

I think 3 out of 4 matches today that I really want to see

Safina v Sharapova
Dementieva v Zvonareva
Kuznetsova v Azarenka

Wannabeknowitall
Jun 2nd, 2008, 03:25 AM
Kuzzie doesn't seem to have too much trouble against Sharapova, so I don't see a reason for her having a problem against Sharapova 2.0 (with updated grunts).

skanky~skanketta
Jun 2nd, 2008, 03:25 AM
I really really want Sveta to win the French Open, so please win this match girl!

pepaw
Jun 2nd, 2008, 03:38 AM
Kuzzie doesn't seem to have too much trouble against Sharapova, so I don't see a reason for her having a problem against Sharapova 2.0 (with updated grunts).

Your ignorance of tennis astonishes me constantly.

Wannabeknowitall
Jun 2nd, 2008, 03:49 AM
Your ignorance of tennis astonishes me constantly.

If you keep saying it, maybe you'll start to believe it. :lol:

I see no reason why I should hype up some girl whose idea of constructing a point off on clay is hitting the ball as hard as possible.

Kuznetsova has the all court game. She has every shot to pull this girl off the court and finish off points at net.
If she uses it, Azarenka will find herself on the inside looking out.

If she doesn't, she'll find herself out of the tournament for the same reasons as Venus.

I'm sure that Kuzzie will take full advantage of this situation.

And I find it hilarious that it's always the people calling me ignorant but then they say nothing in the thread besides commenting on me.
It's a pussy mechanism. Say something about the thread at hand and then come after me.

pepaw
Jun 2nd, 2008, 03:52 AM
If you keep saying it, maybe you'll start to believe it. :lol:

I see no reason why I should hype up some girl whose idea of constructing a point off on clay is hitting the ball as hard as possible.

Kuznetsova has the all court game. She has every shot to pull this girl off the court and finish off points at net.
If she uses it, Azarenka will find herself on the inside looking out.

If she doesn't, she'll find herself out of the tournament for the same reasons as Venus.

I'm sure that Kuzzie will take full advantage of this situation.

I'm shocked at how you think a tied H2H is "not having trouble with" someone.

I'm shocked you can't recognize differences in Azarenka and Sharapova's game.

No wait, I'm not shocked. I should expect it from someone of your intelligence.

RenaSlam.
Jun 2nd, 2008, 03:52 AM
Kuznetsova in straights.

Although most people here seem to think Vika is primed for an upset.

Wannabeknowitall
Jun 2nd, 2008, 04:00 AM
I'm shocked at how you think a tied H2H is "not having trouble with" someone.

I'm shocked you can't recognize differences in Azarenka and Sharapova's game.

No wait, I'm not shocked. I should expect it from someone of your intelligence.

:yawn:
Vagueness gets you nowhere. Still playing the pussy game.
I will say there are differences but I won't involve myself into getting specific about them.

If Kuznetsova plays her game, she beats Maria every time.

I hate people who just are not willing to see the reality of a situation.
Lindsay Davenport leads Venus h2h but I would be silly to say that it really means something if they play their best.
Venus is the better player regardless of that head to head.

pepaw
Jun 2nd, 2008, 04:17 AM
Maria playing her game against Kuznetsova has Maria winning on most surfaces.

Azarenka is not at Maria's level. Kuznetsova in 3, maybe 2 if Azarenka goes crazy.

karimcartoon
Jun 2nd, 2008, 04:20 AM
Honestly, Azarenka is hot right now but im sure Kuznetsova will make her hit a lot of groundstrokes. I could see this going tight for a set or two but i really believe Kuznetsova's experience and easiness on clay will get her the win. I have a hard time believing Azarenka's the next Hingis, even for one tournament.

Wannabeknowitall
Jun 2nd, 2008, 04:23 AM
Maria playing her game against Kuznetsova has Maria winning on most surfaces.

Azarenka is not at Maria's level. Kuznetsova in 3, maybe 2 if Azarenka goes crazy.

They've played on three surfaces and Kuzzie has beaten her on all three (grass, slow hard courts, fast hard courts).

LudwigDvorak
Jun 2nd, 2008, 04:45 AM
Azarenka is the most talented of all the young girls. This, with Sveta not playing very well on red clay this year (solid wins over Nakamura, King, and Petrova mean very little but do show she's gaining consistency in this slam at least), and Azarenka having played well on red clay/dropping only six games in Paris/showing lots of working added variety would say yes, Azarenka is primed to upset Kuznetsova.

Mentality is the biggest difference with these two. Kuznetsova hasn't played her best all year aside from the Indian Wells and Miami semifinals. If Kuznetsova isn't at or near her best and Azarenka doesn't choke, I think Azarenka has a great shot of upsetting Sveta. Beat Vika, she's probably in the semifinal, perhaps final if she keeps her "dominance" over Maria outdoors, especially on clay.

Aside from Elena/Vera for sentimental reasons, this is the most interesting match tomorrow. By far. It'll probably be bad but I hope it's good.

young_gunner913
Jun 2nd, 2008, 04:49 AM
Sveta will take her down in straight sets. 6-3, 6-1. :hearts:

Buitenzorg
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:19 AM
I am so excited about this match!

Dor Y
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:52 AM
Very hard match for both. I think Kuznetsova will win in 3

svetaisthebest
Jun 2nd, 2008, 06:54 AM
who i think will win -Vika :sobbing: