PDA

View Full Version : If Maria decides to quit tennis, she'll still have a great career as a Supermodel?

LegendsofTennis
Jun 1st, 2008, 09:26 PM
The tall, beauteous and sexy Maria Sharapova (w/ ideal supermodel figure) can certainly give the current "IT girl" in the modelling world, Giselle Bundchen a run for her money.

mckyle.
Jun 1st, 2008, 09:28 PM
She's not skinny enough and too conventional.

Shvedbarilescu
Jun 1st, 2008, 09:55 PM
No not a chance.

The only current tennis players who could conceivably cut it as fashion models would be Ivanovic, if she were prepared to lose a little weight, and Hantuchova. Even then I'm not sure they would make it.

AnomyBC
Jun 1st, 2008, 10:24 PM
I think she could definitely become a supermodel, yes. And I don't really understand the comments above. Sharapova is not skinny enough to be supermodel??? If she was any skinnier she'd be Hantuchova! And Sharapova definitely has a more "supermodel" type body than Ivanovic (who's not skinny enough) and Hantuchova (who's too skinny). Hantuchova could maybe become a runway model, but that's the only type of modeling where being that skinny would be acceptable. Ivanovic could maybe do some men's magazines, but that's about it. If you want be to a supermodel, you need to have a body like Sharapova has---skinny, but also with some curves. Otherwise it's too limiting. Sharapova is the only one of the 3 of them who'd be able to do stuff like Sports Illustrated AND runway modeling. So yeah, definitely Sharapova would easily have the most supermodel potential out of the three of them.

Kipling
Jun 1st, 2008, 10:29 PM
Why the hell would she want to be a supermodel? Those women look seriously unhappy.

Besides, she makes $25 million a year off the court as it is.

nelsondan
Jun 1st, 2008, 10:39 PM
How many supermodels make as much in endorsements as Maria does, already? Maria has too much muscle definition to be a conventional model. It is a different kind of slender. (better, as far as I can see).

In her doodles, she constantly talks about the great food, and restaurants in all the countries----she loves to eat. When she retires from tennis, I am sure she will continue to exercise and stay fit, but I doubt if she would want to starve herself to stay super skinny. She will just enjoy her life. She will have earned it.

Slutati
Jun 1st, 2008, 10:42 PM
OK, then she should just retire now:wavey:

LUVMIRZA
Jun 1st, 2008, 10:47 PM
OK, then she should just retire now:wavey:

:lol: Wat we can do without u? She should'ne become a super model, there are so many midgets who are super models. Maria is a real talent. So jus stop ur suggestions.

Zauber
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:07 PM
Maria is an outstanding tennis player.
She is great to watch because of her intensity, looks, and simply great play.

Slutati
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:12 PM
:lol: Wat we can do without u? She should'ne become a super model, there are so many midgets who are super models. Maria is a real talent. So jus stop ur suggestions.
It was not my suggestion, I'm just encouraging her in doing the right thing;)

SharapovaFan16
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:23 PM
This would never happen anyways. Maria wants to get involved with fashion, not being a super model. As for the poster above who said Ivanovic has a better chance of being a supermodel than Sharapova what are you smoking?

tinkerbell
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:30 PM
as model she could she could probably make it but a supermodel? no way. she would lose the muscle once she stopped playing so she would slim down (look at Anna K) but she is no way striking enough to be a supermodel.

LUVMIRZA
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:37 PM
It was not my suggestion, I'm just encouraging her in doing the right thing;)

I asked the thread starter to stop suggesting. Sorry I wasnt more clear.

Now, lemme encourage u in doing the right thing - Y dont u go and wipe Tati's bored ass with ur papercuts? :lol:

416_Man
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:38 PM
Her face is too rounded and not unique enough. She's too tall. Average is 5'8 to 5'11. With 6'2 being the absolute max. She's about half an inch over that.

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:42 PM
Erm... model yes, but supermodel... nah, not exactly.

She has the body, but lacking a fine pair of legs and the look...

Now, if she has legs like Dani, and the charming face like Ana.. :drool: Everyone would be dying to sign her up.

But then, she gains 25 million per year just for tennis alone. So, might as well keep playing or become a spokeswomen ("The Face") for tennis... she'll be paid much more. ;)

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:42 PM
She's too tall. Average is 5'8 to 5'11. With 6'2 being the absolute max. She's about half an inch over that.

I always taught she was 6' 3"?

Slutati
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:44 PM
I asked the thread starter to stop suggesting. Sorry I wasnt more clear.

Now, lemme encourage u in doing the right thing - Y dont u go and wipe Tati's bored ass with ur papercuts? :lol:
Look at you trying to be all funny and saying the stupidest things:weirdo: I would, but she's too far away:kiss:

LUVMIRZA
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:45 PM
jus wanted to know, u know there're two differnt verbs teach (past tense - taught)& thought, dont u?

416_Man
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:46 PM

Maybe. I remember Mary Joe once saying that her wta profile was 6'2, but she that in person, it was a little taller. Don't know for sure though-

LUVMIRZA
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:46 PM
Look at you trying to be all funny and saying the stupidest things:weirdo: I would, but she's too far away:kiss:

oh dear u shuldnt have answered to the stupidest comment, how smart of u:kiss:

nelsondan
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:54 PM
If she wants to, (she will have to work on that nervous "you know" thing she does in interviews), she will certainly be in demand as a commentator---I can think of some male partners she could work with and they would be hilarious. Her good looks will certainly be a big factor in that line of work. By the way---here is a link to Kate Moss.

http://theskinnywebsite.com/site/2008/05/30/kate-moss-candids-5/

goldenlox
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:58 PM
Maria is one of these type A's who will be doing dozens of things after she retires.
She can't sit still or relax.

Uranium
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:07 AM
jus wanted to know, u know there're two differnt verbs teach (past tense - taught)& thought, dont u?

oh dear u shuldnt have answered to the stupidest comment, how smart of u:kiss:

you talk about grammar, but spell shOuldn't wrong.:rolls:

LUVMIRZA
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:11 AM
you talk about grammar, but spell shOuldn't wrong.:rolls:

u do understand that its - shouldn't , dont u?. I used it deliberately, but taught & thought are two completely different verbs.

Danči Dementia
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:39 AM
she is an average girl.....she is not skinny enough plus she won´t get a model job with that huge German soccer player back....................no way.....how can you compare someone like Bunchen or Adriana Lima(perfection) to Sharapova???..
:help:

pittsburghsteely
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:49 AM
no way she is aging really fast in the face, her skin is blotchy and those big massive shoulders and long middle torso looks weird compared to the runway supermodels and her hair is thin, stringy and damage looking.

spec7er
Jun 2nd, 2008, 01:28 AM
Hantuchova fits the bill better I think. Even with her I doubt she can be a supermodel, a model perhaps. Sharapova can be a good model for tennis. To crossover to being a supermodel would mean she'd have to lose the broad shoulders and all the bulk. She cleans up pretty well from the few shoots I've seen so that's not the problem.

DA FOREHAND
Jun 2nd, 2008, 01:34 AM
as model she could she could probably make it but a supermodel? no way. she would lose the muscle once she stopped playing so she would slim down (look at Anna K) but she is no way striking enough to be a supermodel.

yeah and we all know Anna went on to become a supermodel....NOT

NOT A CHANCE IN HELL FOR MARIA

She could def become a spokesmodel.

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jun 2nd, 2008, 01:41 AM

Whoops! Forgot about that... was typing the message after I just woke up! :lol:

fufuqifuqishahah
Jun 2nd, 2008, 02:04 AM
Due to sun exposure and sweat, it is likely that most tennis players do not have good enough skin for modeling.

nelsondan
Jun 2nd, 2008, 02:10 AM
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=13008099&postcount=1009

Poor, pathetic, falling apart in the looks department Maria.:rolleyes:

When you can walk out on David letterman's show, and get the reaction Maria did of stunned disbelief regarding your attractiveness---from a host so jaded by night after night of seeing women from movies, tv, modelling, and music that it almost bores him---you have something pretty good going on.

Supermodel would be a downgrade from what Maria's possibilities are.

homogenius
Jun 2nd, 2008, 02:19 AM
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=13008099&postcount=1009

Poor, pathetic, falling apart in the looks department Maria.:rolleyes:

When you can walk out on David letterman's show, and get the reaction Maria did of stunned disbelief regarding your attractiveness---from a host so jaded by night after night of seeing women from movies, tv, modelling, and music that it almost bores him---you have something pretty good going on.

Supermodel would be a downgrade from what Maria's possibilities are.

:unsure:
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=344242&page=4

Slutati
Jun 2nd, 2008, 02:21 AM
http://image2.sina.com.cn/ty/t/p/2006-01-08/U1612P6T12D1979620F44DT20060108103816.jpg
Supermodel:drool:

Tennisstar86
Jun 2nd, 2008, 02:25 AM
yeah RIGHT!!!!!lol

Shes not think enough to be a super model. Not Fat enough to be plus sized.... and has no curves.... without Tennis marias just another average face in the crowd.....

Tennisstar86
Jun 2nd, 2008, 02:29 AM
Maria is one of these type A's who will be doing dozens of things after she retires.
She can't sit still or relax.

haha... dream much... shes not that talented... she'll just be another celeb putting their name on stuff....

nelsondan
Jun 2nd, 2008, 02:42 AM
http://image2.sina.com.cn/ty/t/p/2006-01-08/U1612P6T12D1979620F44DT20060108103816.jpg

Maria is photographed more than even the top supermodels. The internet thrives on finding unflattering pictures of everyone famous. Percentagewise, it is not that easy with Maria, unless you use her facial expressions while she is playing If you really get off on that---she had a press conference about a year ago where she really looked awful. Here is a nice shot of Kate Moss. There was one of Bundschend with a little pot belly and Tom Brady's HOA---but I still thought she looked really good.

http://profusion123.blogspot.com/2007/11/amy-winehouse-and-kate-moss-criticized.html

starin
Jun 2nd, 2008, 02:43 AM

:lol: horrible pic.
She's too tall to be a model. She's what like 6'2" or taller. Models are like 5'9-5'11" usually. and her shoulders are too broad.

Dominic
Jun 2nd, 2008, 03:01 AM
Seriously maria could be anything she wants after she retires. ppl who dont realise that are just blind or very biased. And she has more curves than 90% of today's models.

Wtatennis212
Jun 2nd, 2008, 03:02 AM
She's beautiful, but she's not a supermodel please

nelsondan
Jun 2nd, 2008, 03:31 AM
She's beautiful, but she's not a supermodel please

The title is not much of a question. Those who have a negative opinon would say of course not. Those who view her positively can easily recognize that her athletic, muscular physique---especially at her height is not what they would want, and it would be pointless anyway---it would not be something she would want to be. It takes about 1 percent of the things she is capable of to do the spokesmodel things which bring in millions for her. If I could take pictures of people taking pictures of me and get paid what she gets---I would think---that is kind of super. But it would not make me a supermodel.

pepaw
Jun 2nd, 2008, 03:37 AM
Some of you are just crazy. Too tall? Yeah right. Maria has proportions fashion designers would kill to have on their runways.

Models are supposed to look like clothes hangers, Maria is tall and has broad shoulders. Perfect.

She also happens to have a beautiful face and a great body. To be high fashion, she would obviously have to lose some weight and muscle. But yeah she could be a supermodel. The only player better suited is Hantuchova.

sasha&tennis
Jun 2nd, 2008, 03:42 AM
She doesn't have what it takes to be a supermodel. I've seen her pictures when she is all made up and she doesn't look special. She looks like someone you could run into anywhere in the looks department. The pictures are nice but there is nothing there that says supermodel. Supermodels are gorgeous and Maria is not she is average. Ivanovic has the face to be a supermodel she would just have to lose a little more weight but Ana is the one with that kind of it factor.

pepaw
Jun 2nd, 2008, 03:43 AM
She doesn't have what it takes to be a supermodel. I've seen her pictures when she is all made up and she doesn't look special. She looks like someone you could run into anywhere in the looks department. The pictures are nice but there is nothing there that says supermodel. Supermodels are gorgeous and Maria is not she is average. Ivanovic has the face to be a supermodel she would just have to lose a little more weight but she is the one with that kind of it factor.

http://C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\a15og5.jpg[/IMG]a15og5.jpg

You're either crazy or you don't know a thing about fashion.

Ivanovic is beautiful but she looks like "the girl next door".

Maria is also beautiful but she has odd, striking looks that set her apart as supermodel-worthy.

sasha&tennis
Jun 2nd, 2008, 04:01 AM
You're either crazy or you don't know a thing about fashion.

Ivanovic is beautiful but she looks like "the girl next door".

Maria is also beautiful but she has odd, striking looks that set her apart as supermodel-worthy.

There is nothing striking or unique about Maria Sharapova in my opinion. I also happen to know a lot about fashion I went to school for it but that has nothing to do with the fact that Maria has a typical image that you can see in many places. I had a neigbor who resembled her a lot. But Ivanovic has that unique rare beauty that you don't see everywhere. From behind you can hardly tell the difference between Sharapova and Hantuchova and there are many tall blondes on the wta tour. But no one on the tour resembles Ivanovic she is in a league of her own.

cheo23
Jun 2nd, 2008, 04:02 AM
She will have to walk every where with a cake of HEAVY make up so that She doesn't Actually "look" like herself!!!!

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/tsf-maria-sharapova-oceandrive-spr08.jpg
http://russiantennis.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/mariasharapova_kremlin_5.jpg

It's Obvious that she can only be a "model" with the aid of TECHNOLOGY, that is AIRBRUSHING.

Dominic
Jun 2nd, 2008, 04:06 AM
There is nothing striking or unique about Maria Sharapova in my opinion. I also happen to know a lot about fashion I went to school for it but that has nothing to do with the fact that Maria has a typical image that you can see in many places. I had a neigbor who resembled her a lot. But Ivanovic has that unique rare beauty that you don't see everywhere. From behind you can hardly tell the difference between Sharapova and Hantuchova and there are many tall blondes on the wta tour. But no one on the tour resembles Ivanovic she is in a league of her own.

Are you kidding? Sharapova has a much more unique face than Ivanovic. I know about 20 ppl who have a very similar look to ana, including facial features. Ivanovic is a pretty girl but she doesnt have any similarities whatsoever with a supermodel.

young_gunner913
Jun 2nd, 2008, 04:09 AM
Um no. :p

Kovalchuk
Jun 2nd, 2008, 04:20 AM
no way, her facial skin ruin everything

sasha&tennis
Jun 2nd, 2008, 04:22 AM
She will have to walk every where with a cake of HEAVY make up so that She doesn't Actually "look" like herself!!!!

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/tsf-maria-sharapova-oceandrive-spr08.jpg
http://russiantennis.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/mariasharapova_kremlin_5.jpg

It's Obvious that she can only be a "model" with the aid of TECHNOLOGY, that is AIRBRUSHING.

In the top 2 pictures she looks similar to a model posing for a calendar. The picture to the right she looks drunk and the picture to the left her face is not strong enough to pull off that look. All in all the pictures come over as someone trying too hard. But they are ok pictures for a tennis player who models sometimes because of her success on the tennis court. But as for a supermodel, no.

Tennisstar86
Jun 2nd, 2008, 04:35 AM
Seriously maria could be anything she wants after she retires. ppl who dont realise that are just blind or very biased. And she has more curves than 90% of today's models.

oh really...what exactly is she gonna be doing?

sasha&tennis
Jun 2nd, 2008, 04:38 AM
http://i25.tinypic.com/a15og5.jpg

Ana makes this picture look natural and unforced which allows you to see her that much more. Though I am more than sure no one even thinks of that because she is so beautiful.

cheo23
Jun 2nd, 2008, 04:45 AM
Ana Ivanovic :hearts::hearts::hearts: MARIA COULD NEVER Pull that off!!!!

nelsondan
Jun 2nd, 2008, 04:55 AM
http://i25.tinypic.com/a15og5.jpg

Ana makes this picture look natural and unforced which allows you to see her that much more. Though I am more than sure no one even thinks of that because she is so beautiful.

Wow! I loved that show she had -----the Nanny? Oh wait. I was thinking of Fran Drescher. My bad.

wtatennisballer
Jun 2nd, 2008, 04:58 AM
Ofcourse she can be a model and gross a few more million. But her legs are really long.

sasha&tennis
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:06 AM
Wow! I loved that show she had -----the Nanny? Oh wait. I was thinking of Fran Drescher. My bad.

The Nanny looks nothing like Ana http://www.abilitymagazine.com/images/coverfranl.jpg

sasha&tennis
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:18 AM
http://i32.tinypic.com/1z5kkzr.jpg

Ana just has it naturally. Her appeal is not media made like Sharapova. She has the look of a supermodel here but at the same time she is a classic, exotic beauty.

spiritedenergy
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:39 AM
no way, her facial skin ruin everything

:haha:

I think TrollsofTennis hates Maria by creating these controversial threads about her...:tape::lol:. I mean he/she has 15 posts and every post is a new thread:weirdo:

spiritedenergy
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:41 AM

:haha::spit::scared::tape::help:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jun 2nd, 2008, 06:10 AM
Ofcourse she can be a model and gross a few more million. But her legs are really long.

Remember Xenia Onattop from Goldeneye? Those legs.... :scary:

dwynn10
Jun 2nd, 2008, 06:20 AM
The tall, beauteous and sexy Maria Sharapova (w/ ideal supermodel figure) can certainly give the current "IT girl" in the modelling world, Giselle Bundchen a run for her money.

LOL! This sounds like delusional fan's talk. So, Shriekapova's fans are not content that a mindless ball-basher has become the number one player in the world by default, they want her who's no more than pleasantly pretty to become a super model too. If she does hava a career as a model after tennis, it won't be because of her looks, but rather her fame as a pin-up tennis player. Actually, with Shriekie's fair skin and high exposure to the sun, her looks might not even hold up 5-10 years from now, so I wouldn't count on any modeling aspirations, if I were her.

JPA
Jun 2nd, 2008, 09:52 AM
i doubt Sharapova would, she could continue to feature in magazines but not as a runway model. ivanovic could if she was a little bit slimmer. Hantuchova could maybe, wasn't Hantuchova a runway model at the Madrid fashion week a couple of months ago?

athake
Jun 2nd, 2008, 10:01 AM
Look at some Adriana Lima pics and realize that Maria has no chance...

Melly Flew Us
Jun 2nd, 2008, 02:37 PM
This would never happen anyways. Maria wants to get involved with fashion, not being a super model. As for the poster above who said Ivanovic has a better chance of being a supermodel than Sharapova what are you smoking?Would you rather me just call your a nigga, moon cricket, porch monkey? Don't act like your offended by me calling you bro it's a weak ass cop out that most black people use. Why you guys think the white race owes you something or a word like "bro" is meant to talk down to you is beyond me. I mean you are gay man, you are going to hell. Sorry but I have a big problem with that. I'll pray for you.you are a nasty piece of work.

DA FOREHAND
Jun 2nd, 2008, 02:44 PM
Areatha Franklin put it best..."Aint no way...."

tinkerbell
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:47 PM
yeah and we all know Anna went on to become a supermodel....NOT

NOT A CHANCE IN HELL FOR MARIA

She could def become a spokesmodel.
i was actually talking about the weight that Anna lost since she stopped playing &not about her modelling.

DA FOREHAND
Jun 2nd, 2008, 06:23 PM
i was actually talking about the weight that Anna lost since she stopped playing &not about her modelling.

Yes I know, and in my eyes, it's not as attractive as when she was playing. She has little chicken legs now.

DOUBLEFIST
Jun 2nd, 2008, 06:26 PM

Uh..., no..., she wouldn't. That's an absurd notion.

nelsondan
Jun 3rd, 2008, 03:48 PM
The Nanny looks nothing like Ana http://www.abilitymagazine.com/images/coverfranl.jpg

Ana really is beautiful--and if she wins the French or Wimbledon, her endorsement career will just explode. I just did not like that ridiculous picture of her. The one you just posted above is so much better.

Rik.
Jun 3rd, 2008, 03:50 PM
No, there are much better models ;)

Polikarpov
Jun 3rd, 2008, 04:10 PM
She's too tall! When you look at the current models, their height range is usually from 5'8 to 6'0

nelsondan
Jun 5th, 2008, 09:32 PM
She's too tall! When you look at the current models, their height range is usually from 5'8 to 6'0

Kate Moss could have had a hell of a career in modeling---but she was an inch or two too short. Never made it.

LegendsofTennis
Jun 6th, 2008, 02:18 AM
Kate Moss could have had a hell of a career in modeling---but she was an inch or two too short. Never made it.

Ha! Ha! Ha! :)