PDA

View Full Version : What if... Sharapova wins French Open ?

debby
Jun 1st, 2008, 08:32 PM
:help: Anything is possible, unfortunately. What would happen mostly? :tape:

Seriously, I think it would be quite embarrassing for WTA... I don't mind if Sharapova wins in AO, Wimbledon and US Open (okay, she already won there :tape: ) but HER GAME and HER MOVE on clay are just terrible and pityful. I really hope she picks up her skills and tactic for the day where she will win French Open :tape:

What do you guys think? For Sharapova's fans, what do you really think about her game?

ps : please do not bad repp me :lol: (even I know I am going to have some :hearts: )

LH2HBH
Jun 1st, 2008, 08:38 PM
I never think it's embarassing when someone wins a tournament. I think good for the player that was the last one standing.

Why is it when someone unexpected wins a title on the ATP tour we say, wow he was amazing good for him! But in the WTA if someone unexpected wins we say its an embarassmant???!

Uranium
Jun 1st, 2008, 08:38 PM
Radek and Maria, the perfect couple:hearts:

meyerpl
Jun 1st, 2008, 08:40 PM
I don't consider myself a Sharapova fan nor do I dislike her, so this isn't a Sharapova fan's perspective.

I think she's adding more variety to her game and improving. She still has room for more improvement in her game and, barring a career ending injury, she should retire a very accomplished player.

LudwigDvorak
Jun 1st, 2008, 08:41 PM
Light will turn to dark, water to blood, locusts will plague the earth, and there will be a drought and famine for seven years.

Or maybe she'll just win another slam.

patch.
Jun 1st, 2008, 08:41 PM
All of them :D

Mikey B
Jun 1st, 2008, 08:42 PM
if she wins its because she deserves to.. she would have beaten the 7 players in front of her to win the trophy and thats that... long, long, way to go... if she was playing well this week then i could understand all the fear that people have of her winning, but she's played awfully so i dont get why everyone is making threads about her winning... i'd love her to win, GM would be a very interesting place if she won!!!

BEEILOVEYA
Jun 1st, 2008, 08:43 PM
Maria is a hardworking and talented tennis player and it would be great if she could finally win The French Open. I would be absolutely ecstatic because she DESERVES IT, I am not one of those people who want others to fail.

GO MASHA.

meyerpl
Jun 1st, 2008, 08:44 PM
Light will turn to dark, water to blood, locusts will plague the earth, and there will be a drought and famine for seven years.

Or maybe she'll just win another slam.:lol:This made me laugh.

V-MAC
Jun 1st, 2008, 08:45 PM
She is my third pick that I want to win after Jelena and Patty. Go Maria :bounce:

mirzalover
Jun 1st, 2008, 08:46 PM
If she wins it I will be a bit bitter since players I like with games that are/were better for clay havent won the French, or did the career slam but its not the end of the world.

mckyle.
Jun 1st, 2008, 08:49 PM
Finally another girl with a career slam :woohoo:

Nicolás89
Jun 1st, 2008, 08:53 PM
I thought this was going to be funny at last, oh well.

ivanovic love me
Jun 1st, 2008, 09:00 PM
Sharapova will become the next Graf

Only in Their Dreams.....

Who will win the french open ??

the answer is simple ana ivanovic !!!! debby i see you to laugh but remender safin , the sister wiwi I Am the True.....

Zweli
Jun 1st, 2008, 09:02 PM
To answer your question direct
(1) Australia will become a Republic
(2) Pigs will fly
(3)We will have to switch off our televisions for at least a week until Big Brother program starts.
(4)No trips to the News Agent for at least a month until the storm dumbs down.

danieln1
Jun 1st, 2008, 09:03 PM
Last option... but I think Dasha might beat Diamond Jackson instead of Jones...

starin
Jun 1st, 2008, 09:09 PM
if she won i would rate her above Justine and Hingis. Prolly Venus too but Venus' career isn't over yet so i wouldn't want to compare.

Mashafaaaaan
Jun 1st, 2008, 09:12 PM
Oh please, stop these fucking stupid threads about Maria:rolleyes:

Zweli
Jun 1st, 2008, 09:12 PM
:if she won i would rate her above Justine and Hingis. Prolly Venus too but Venus' career isn't over yet so i wouldn't want to compare.

:lol::lol:

Optima
Jun 1st, 2008, 09:14 PM
She'll have won the French Open deservingly. She's a hard worker, and makes the most out of what she has. She should be proud of herself.

miffedmax
Jun 1st, 2008, 09:20 PM
I will continue to insist that Dementieva is better no matter how many Slams TOB wins or what the h2h is.

canuckfan
Jun 1st, 2008, 09:20 PM
The only thing certain:

If she wins she'll have even more haters!

sharapovarulz1
Jun 1st, 2008, 09:26 PM

Or maybe she'll just win another slam.

:lol::lol:

ivanovic love me
Jun 1st, 2008, 09:30 PM
tomorrow safina will humiliate sharapova....

debby
Jun 1st, 2008, 09:32 PM
Oh please, stop these fucking stupid threads about Maria:rolleyes:

Never, and never, you know I love to bother you :hearts:

But, it would be unfair in a sense that Masha, once she has won French Open, would be considered as greater than Justine. Masha has not the game on clay, but Justine has for green. And she never won Wimbledon and never won't.

I am biased of course but it would really heart-breaking to see Sharapova winning the Suzanne Lenglen's trophy without knowing how to slide on clay, to accept the exchanges during the points she had built... Even she said this : "I am feeling like a cow on ice" ... :tape: and she doesn't even believe on herself for reaching the final (just see her reactions... she is taking match after match, she has not the same attitude that at Aussie Open) ...

Mashafaaaaan
Jun 1st, 2008, 09:48 PM

But, it would be unfair in a sense that Masha, once she has won French Open, would be considered as greater than Justine. Masha has not the game on clay, but Justine has for green. And she never won Wimbledon and never won't.

I am biased of course but it would really heart-breaking to see Sharapova winning the Suzanne Lenglen's trophy without knowing how to slide on clay, to accept the exchanges during the points she had built... Even she said this : "I am feeling like a cow on ice" ... :tape: and she doesn't even believe on herself for reaching the final (just see her reactions... she is taking match after match, she has not the same attitude that at Aussie Open) ...

So what's your point? why did you create this thread if you don't think Maria can win. And excuse me, but if a player win the title, it means she deserves. Beside, did you see her tough draw, Ana has a pathetic draw not Maria. If she reaches the final, she will deserve to win.

And Maria believe in herself, of course she think she can win this event, if she doesn't, she would not even take part.

Marco Fernandes
Jun 1st, 2008, 09:49 PM

Crap crap crap .

Did you read what you wrote? It's obviously you don't know what you're talking about. She's taking match by match as she always is... At the AO, she said she wanted to take it slow and match by match. She did the same at the YEC...

And she's sliding right now actually... Watch her last match agaisnt Knapp... She was sliding.
Ana Ivanovic doesn't know how to slide too and she's the favourite. Serena won the French and she isn't a slider neither a clay court player like Jankovic. But she still won it. So what's the problem of Maria winning this?

Therefore, that is obviously not going to happen cause she's going down tomorrow but if that would happen, it would be deserved.

Tennis Fool
Jun 1st, 2008, 09:56 PM
Sharapova won't win. It's not even a concept I think about.

Zehri98
Jun 1st, 2008, 10:08 PM
I'm definately not a Sharapova fan but I totally disagree that it would be an embarrassment if she won at RG. In fact I think it would be amazing for womens tennis if a player stood a chance of completing the year long Grand Slam, especially someone with as a high a profile as Maria.

So go for it pova ya mad cow and watch you don't slip on the ice! Woo-hoo!!

goldenlox
Jun 1st, 2008, 10:25 PM
If Maria won, it would show how many of the top 10 just cannot bring out their best tennis in big moments.
Which is something we already know

franny
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:10 PM
It would show that hard work does pay off.

samsam4087
Apr 15th, 2010, 01:55 PM
She has no chance to win.

as1991
Apr 15th, 2010, 02:01 PM
i would rather want lena or wozniacki to win!....
if sharapova wins then she 'll have lots of money and another slam to her name(answer to your question)

Lord Choc Ice
Apr 15th, 2010, 02:03 PM
It would not be embarrassing if Masha won a FO (even if this thread is old lol). It would be one of the best things for the WTA in ages. First player to win the career slam since Serena.

It would be embarrassing if say Cibulkova won the French Open not Maria. :weirdo:

BournemouthBoy
Apr 15th, 2010, 02:04 PM
if Sharapova won the French i would climb the Eiffel Tower naked and sky dive from the top nude.

Beat
Apr 15th, 2010, 02:07 PM
She has no chance to win.

why do you bump such awfully old threads?

debby
Apr 15th, 2010, 02:07 PM
if Sharapova won the French i would climb the Eiffel Tower naked and sky dive from the top nude.

:rolls: Need new thread "If ________ wins RG I will _________ "

Mrs. Dimitrova
Apr 15th, 2010, 02:12 PM

:hehehe:

Sharapowerr
Apr 15th, 2010, 02:13 PM
If Maria won, it would show how many of the top 10 just cannot bring out their best tennis in big moments.
Which is something we already know

Because the top 10 now is a joke, Maria has got a chance

BluSthil
Apr 15th, 2010, 02:14 PM

Seriously, I think it would be quite embarrassing for WTA... I don't mind if Sharapova wins in AO, Wimbledon and US Open (okay, she already won there :tape: ) but HER GAME and HER MOVE on clay are just terrible and pityful. I really hope she picks up her skills and tactic for the day where she will win French Open :tape:

What do you guys think? For Sharapova's fans, what do you really think about her game?

ps : please do not bad repp me :lol: (even I know I am going to have some :hearts: )
I don't think so... Please !

debby
Apr 15th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Because the top 10 now is a joke, Maria has got a chance

Right Cibulkova is not top 10 :awww:

Petkorazzi
Apr 15th, 2010, 02:16 PM
Maria played good at RG last year :shrug: Her best slam performance since the comeback.

thrust
Apr 15th, 2010, 02:18 PM
It will be a very cold day in hell if Maria were to win the FO, especially this year.

madmax
Apr 15th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Maria played good at RG last year :shrug: Her best slam performance since the comeback.

spot on...and she was out of gas by the time she met Cibulkova anyway

The 2nd Law
Apr 15th, 2010, 02:19 PM
It would be an amazing achievement, certainly not embarassing for the WTA at all.

debby
Apr 15th, 2010, 02:20 PM

IMO she was very bad but she fought hard to get herself out of it. See Petrova's match. See Na Li's match.

Petkorazzi
Apr 15th, 2010, 02:26 PM
IMO she was very bad but she fought hard to get herself out of it. See Petrova's match. See Na Li's match.
Precisely. She got to the QF just by fighting, if she sorts her game out (which she should have in an year) it's more than possible that she go further.

And who do we exactly have as a fave this year? Sveta is playing horrible tennis, Safina is injured, Serena is injured too, Venus is a mess, Clijsters not comfortable on clay & if Henin v2. will still be good on clay is yet to be seen.

thegreendestiny
Apr 15th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Radek and Maria, the perfect couple:hearts:

I think Venus perfectly matches Radek. Extreme jungle fever. :tape:

brickhousesupporter
Apr 15th, 2010, 02:27 PM
spot on...and she was out of gas by the time she met Cibulkova anyway

She was injured.......she was out of gas......she did not want to lose to quality players........You have a plaster for every sore don't you.

Lord Choc Ice
Apr 15th, 2010, 02:30 PM
She was injured.......she was out of gas......she did not want to lose to quality players........You have a plaster for every sore don't you.
Every commentator I've heard have also agreed she was out of gas. ;)

brickhousesupporter
Apr 15th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Every commentator I've heard have also agreed she was out of gas. ;)

Cause, as we know commentators never say dumb shit......May I direct to this thread (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=406325).

Lord Choc Ice
Apr 15th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Cause, as we know commentators never say dumb shit......May I direct to this thread (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=406325).
One commentator yes but when others commentators say the same thing it's usually a safe bet. ;)

brickhousesupporter
Apr 15th, 2010, 02:50 PM
One commentator yes but when others commentators say the same thing it's usually a safe bet. ;)

Well back in the last 90's, all the commentators thought Hingis would be the next Steffi and the WS would never win a grandslam. They were wrong.......I win.:lol::lol::lol:

Mrs. Dimitrova
Apr 15th, 2010, 03:02 PM
So you're saying she wasn't out of gas? Well we don't know. But Maria has never been able to successfully play two tournaments back-to-back and she often refuses to play a tournament a week before a Grand Slam. She played 4 3-set matches in a row, I'm pretty sure she would have been tired considering she also just came back from her break during the time. But then again, who knows? :shrug:

Lord Choc Ice
Apr 15th, 2010, 03:04 PM
Precisely. She got to the QF just by fighting, if she sorts her game out (which she should have in an year) it's more than possible that she go further.

And who do we exactly have as a fave this year? Sveta is playing horrible tennis, Safina is injured, Serena is injured too, Venus is a mess, Clijsters not comfortable on clay & if Henin v2. will still be good on clay is yet to be seen.
How's Venus a mess? She's lost only twice this season and is #1 in the race.

AcesHigh
Apr 15th, 2010, 03:10 PM
Well back in the last 90's, all the commentators thought Hingis would be the next Steffi and the WS would never win a grandslam. They were wrong.......I win.:lol::lol::lol:

Exaggerating much?

debby
Apr 15th, 2010, 03:21 PM

Sveta, even playing horrible, can beat Maria.
Safina is injured yeah.
Serena will be back, she 's healing her injury.
Venus isn't really a mess, she is a bit inconsistent but can be very good.
Clijsters must learn to play on clay again.
Henin, even with her that called new game will be very hard to beat on clay because she knows how to slide and to play on clay, unlike Maria.

And you forgot Cibulkova, Wozniacki, Jankovic, Azarenka, perhaps even Ivanovic if she wakes up on clay... Maria isn't a favourite for the title, not even a contender.

SAEKeithSerena
Apr 15th, 2010, 03:23 PM
lol.

isn't the french open statistically her best surface anyway?

Volcana
Apr 15th, 2010, 03:24 PM
If Sharapova wins the French, good for her.

And it helps the WTA more than it hurts. There's a segment of the potential fan base for women's tennis who's only going to spending money on a young, pretty ,slender, white champion. Is the sport better off without their money? A lot of players bring 'ethnic' money with them. Sania Mirza, Venus and Serena, Li na and Shaiu Peng ... remember what Martina Navratilova said about Anna Kournikova. 'She's not taking money away from anyody'.

The better Sharapova does, the better it is for the sport. You want a debate? How this? What's better, LONG TERM for the sport? Maria Sharpova winngin RG? Or Jie Zheng winning RG?

Mrs. Dimitrova
Apr 15th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Sveta, even playing horrible, can beat Maria.
Safina is injured yeah.
Serena will be back, she 's healing her injury.
Venus isn't really a mess, she is a bit inconsistent but can be very good.
Clijsters must learn to play on clay again.
Henin, even with her that called new game will be very hard to beat on clay because she knows how to slide and to play on clay, unlike Maria.

And you forgot Cibulkova, Wozniacki, Jankovic, Azarenka, perhaps even Ivanovic if she wakes up on clay... Maria isn't a favourite for the title, not even a contender.

If Caroline is considered as a contender then Maria should too. She was beaten by Maria on clay, as well as some of the others. Maria might not be a favorite but she's definitely a contender. :shrug:

Vaidisova Ruled
Apr 15th, 2010, 03:28 PM
Exaggerating much?
:lol::lol::lol:

And for me Maria won't win the FO this year. Maybe she has a chance in 3-5 years if she is still playing/if she is not injured/if she plays good tennis

If Caroline is considered as a contender then Maria should too. She was beaten by Maria on clay, as well as some of the others. Maria might not be a favorite but she's definitely a contender. :shrug:
I would really like to see Maria vs Caroline (especially clay). Lots of top players have problems with Caroline, but somehow I believe that even playing like in 09-10, I think Maria would win for sure.

denny5576
Apr 15th, 2010, 03:45 PM
When Maria will win RG it will only prove how little some members of this forum know about tennis. But of course, as usual, they will continue saying the opposite.
Then Maria will sign even larger and bigger contracts and will become the first female in the sport history earning more than $300 million.
Otherwise nothing significant will happen because such win is expected by many.

Optima
Apr 15th, 2010, 03:47 PM
She'd have won the French Open. I'd love for her to win it, actually.

Why's it embarassing? Maria is a great fighter with a good drive.

debby
Apr 15th, 2010, 03:48 PM
When Maria will win RG it will only prove how little some members of this forum know about tennis. But of course, as usual, they will continue saying the opposite.
Then Maria will sign even larger and bigger contracts and will become the first female in the sport history earning more than $300 million.
Otherwise nothing significant will happen because such win is expected by many.

:spit: Serena has won all the Slams you know.... I don't think it will change something big in business if Maria wins RG.

Anyway it's an old thread. :rolls:

denny5576
Apr 15th, 2010, 04:02 PM
:spit: Serena has won all the Slams you know.... I don't think it will change something big in business if Maria wins RG.

:rolls:
Of course I know about Serena. But it is not correct to compare Serena's tennis success and it's reflection in/to her business to the Maria's tennis success and reflection in/to her business. Serena won several times more GS titles, but cannot come even close to Maria's business contracts. Maria has already secured an income around $200 million (career income). Win at RG will give her a new status and new place in the tennis history, which in turn will bring , larger, bigger and more contracts. I even think $300 million is very conservative figure.
But better wait first for Maria's win at RG and then we'll talk about the money.
:)

Williams 123
Apr 15th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Obama would appoint Palin to the supreme court. Sharpie will never win another major.

Steven.
Apr 15th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Oh my god, I would love for her to win RG10.

faboozadoo15
Apr 15th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Tennis would be saved.

People might actually show up to the women's matches at Wimbledon.

Williams 123
Apr 15th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Of course I know about Serena. But it is not correct to compare Serena's tennis success and it's reflection in/to her business to the Maria's tennis success and reflection in/to her business. Serena won several times more GS titles, but cannot come even close to Maria's business contracts. Maria has already secured an income around $200 million (career income). Win at RG will give her a new status and new place in the tennis history, which in turn will bring , larger, bigger and more contracts. I even think $300 million is very conservative figure.
But better wait first for Maria's win at RG and then we'll talk about the money.
:)

What kind of drugs r u on? , whatever it is, I want some. Maria is nowhere near that amount. Not. Even close. Go spread lies to some one else who don't read, like. Sarah Palin.

DOUBLEFIST
Apr 15th, 2010, 04:44 PM
Maria will win a French someday AFTER Serena and Justine retire.

brickhousesupporter
Apr 15th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Exaggerating much?

nope! I remember those day fondly......It makes the present reality so much sweeter

madmax
Apr 15th, 2010, 05:22 PM
What kind of drugs r u on? , whatever it is, I want some. Maria is nowhere near that amount. Not. Even close. Go spread lies to some one else who don't read, like. Sarah Palin.

do you have any reading comprehension issues or what?:lol: Maria is ALREADY the best paid woman athlete in the world, it's logical to assume she would be even more richer if she started racking up slams once again...not like she is short of money anyway LOL

Petkorazzi
Apr 15th, 2010, 05:31 PM
How's Venus a mess? She's lost only twice this season and is #1 in the race.
As much as I'd love her to be, I just don't think she's a threat outside Wimbly anymore, especially at RG. :sad: I just can't see her playing 7 good matches in a row. :awww: I'd love her to win RG though. :drool:

homogenius
Apr 15th, 2010, 05:32 PM

Not really (quite the opposite actually).She just fought tremendously and got a bit lucky to face some members of the "chokers united" team.

Williams 123
Apr 15th, 2010, 05:40 PM
do yoy have any reading comprehension issues or what?:lol: Maria is ALREADY the best paid woman athlete in the world, it's logical to assume she would be even more richer if she started racking up slams once again...not like she is short of money anyway LOL
No I understand. Maria's been the earner the past few years, but what about the large contact v had for Reebok years ago. I think that was a 100mill four. Year deal

lizchris
Apr 15th, 2010, 05:57 PM
What if Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones stops drinking?

Face it, neither is going to happen.

brickhousesupporter
Apr 15th, 2010, 06:05 PM

:wavey: Long time no see.

Joe.
Apr 15th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Not really (quite the opposite actually).She just fought tremendously and got a bit lucky to face some members of the "chokers united" team.

No. She played well.

young_gunner913
Apr 15th, 2010, 06:38 PM

http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/148472-1/Okay_wtf_reaction.gif?

Not everything.

homogenius
Apr 15th, 2010, 06:39 PM
No. She played well.

If you say so :shrug:

2Black
Apr 15th, 2010, 06:45 PM
The 2010 French Open??? :lol:

miffedmax
Apr 15th, 2010, 06:59 PM
She'll have four more slams than my favorite.

debby
Apr 15th, 2010, 07:13 PM
The 2010 French Open??? :lol:

:spit: It was in 2008 :tears: Sharapova only got one SF to her resume, and was thrashed by Ivanovic.... but then she proved she could beat some talented players on clay (mostly thanks to her mental strengh) and after all, with some luck , who knows. Yeah, that thread happened before Wozniacki's Slam final so I could not imagine Sharapova reaching RG final. Now I can.

And everything can happen in a Slam final.

So, now I've changed my mind. If Sharapova wins RG even if she is a cow on ice, if she plays like a brainless on clay, I can't say anything bad about it. Except that a cow on ice would have realised the Grand Slam, that GOATine will never realise.

debby
Apr 15th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Tennis would be saved.

People might actually show up to the women's matches at Wimbledon.

:happy:

sasha&tennis
Apr 15th, 2010, 07:17 PM
This is actually very possible. She has been able to make a deep run at this tournament before. Also since her return this is the one slam that she has made a quaterfinal run in. I think that the clay gives her more time to set up & she is not so rushed. I do also feel that if she runs into certain players she won't win but she will fight just the same. She may not win but she does have a chance to make a deep run.

Slutati
Apr 15th, 2010, 07:24 PM
It would be soooo funny if she won all 4 majors and certain players never do. :happy:

debby
Apr 15th, 2010, 07:28 PM
It would be soooo funny if she won all 4 majors and certain players never do. :happy:

If a certain player with 7 Slams never wins Wimbledon and Sharapova wins RG, it would show how hard it is to win Wimbledon when the sisters are here :(

young_gunner913
Apr 15th, 2010, 07:32 PM
If a certain player with 7 Slams never wins Wimbledon and Sharapova wins RG, it would show how hard it is to win Wimbledon when the sisters are here :(

2006 Wimby final?

mykarma
Apr 15th, 2010, 08:14 PM

Did you have baby yet?

debby
Apr 15th, 2010, 09:58 PM
2006 Wimby final?

Justine brainfarted and let's to be fair, Mauresmo was too strong. How awful was that match :tears: Please don't remind it me :lol:

Uranium
Apr 15th, 2010, 10:06 PM
I think Venus perfectly matches Radek. Extreme jungle fever. :tape:

http://i40.tinypic.com/v83f4k.gif
Get the fuck out of here with your FAIL.

denny5576
Apr 15th, 2010, 10:15 PM
Get your calculator, read what is written already about the Maria's income in the past and for the next 10 years and tell the forum what amount you got.
If you are not on drugs and can operate a calculator you'll see I was right.

denny5576
Apr 15th, 2010, 10:30 PM
No I understand. Maria's been the earner the past few years, but what about the large contact v had for Reebok years ago. I think that was a 100mill four. Year deal
Now I understood why you disagree with my previous post - you simply have no idea about the deals of Maria and Venus.
The largest ever contract for a female athlete is the contract Maria signed January 2010 with Nike. It is $70 million 8 years contract. In that number is not included the amount which Maria will receive as percentage from the sale of the clothing which she'll design and promote.
The contract which Venus signed with Reebok in 2000 was $45 million five years contract. At that time it was the largest ever for a female athlete.

Jedna je Jelena
Apr 15th, 2010, 11:30 PM
As far as I know,the biggest ever was signed between Ana Ivanovic and Adidas.. before this "lifetime contract" she had signed with adidas contract which was reported to be the biggest ever,better than graf's...but maybe it was just a rumor..

denny5576
Apr 16th, 2010, 12:01 AM
As far as I know,the biggest ever was signed between Ana Ivanovic and Adidas.. before this "lifetime contract" she had signed with adidas contract which was reported to be the biggest ever,better than graf's...but maybe it was just a rumor..
Just a rumor. She signed the contract but the amount has nothing to do with 100 million.
The rumor was created by Ana's management several years ago trying to influence Adidas, but it backfired because of Ana's bad form ...

Marilyn Monheaux
Apr 16th, 2010, 12:06 AM
Now I understood why you disagree with my previous post - you simply have no idea about the deals of Maria and Venus.
The largest ever contract for a female athlete is the contract Maria signed January 2010 with Nike. It is $70 million 8 years contract. In that number is not included the amount which Maria will receive as percentage from the sale of the clothing which she'll design and promote.
The contract which Venus signed with Reebok in 2000 was $45 million five years contract. At that time it was the largest ever for a female athlete.

But it does include performance requirements.;) So yeah, technically she has a $70 million contract, but factually she has not if she doesn't start winning again. Just like you, I have no idea what those requirements are, but winning Memphis surely is not.:lol:
And the equity she receives probably won't make that up, since you need a Sharapova body and attitude to wear most of her dresses.:tape:

mdterp01
Apr 16th, 2010, 12:14 AM
What if I woke up tomorrow with tits and a vajay jay?

Marilyn Monheaux
Apr 16th, 2010, 12:18 AM
do you have any reading comprehension issues or what?:lol: Maria is ALREADY the best paid woman athlete in the world, it's logical to assume she would be even more richer if she started racking up slams once again...not like she is short of money anyway LOL

Jup, that's true.

Off the top of my had she made around

18 million (June 04 - 05)
18 million (June 05 - 06)
23 million (June 06 - 07)
26 million (June 07 - 08)
22 million (June 08 - 09)

according to forbes.

That's about 107 million dollars in 5 years. Of course pre taxes, coaches, managers, etc. ;)

All of a sudden the 300 million Dollar prediction doesn't sound as absurd, does it?:lol:

But to be honest, I doubt that more on-court success would change her endorsement portfolio that much. She said herself that she's looking for brands who offer her a share of the sales and designing opportunities, so unless she's got a line in store for Walmart/Target/Kohl's, I don't see her going back to her PowerShot or Lady Speed Stick days.:shrug:

gc-spurs
Apr 16th, 2010, 12:53 AM
If Sharapova wins FO, I hope I had put some money on it.

claypova
Apr 16th, 2010, 12:59 AM
i'd be the happiest person ever! :):)

Mightymirza
Apr 16th, 2010, 01:11 AM
hehe if pova wins FO, Patty will win wimbledon :spit: You heard it here first ;)

Cakeisgood
Apr 16th, 2010, 01:17 AM
I would cry endless tears of happiness.

Craig.
Apr 16th, 2010, 01:33 AM
I would cry endless tears of happiness.

This.

claypova
Apr 16th, 2010, 01:39 AM
hehe if pova wins FO, Patty will win wimbledon :spit: You heard it here first ;)

:lol:

friendsita
Apr 16th, 2010, 03:47 AM
IF Masha wins the french I'll be the happiest girl & I would give a big party with tons of alcohol! (bigger than the party for Serena's Aussie open title this year... oh god! that was fun)

Gdsimmons
Apr 16th, 2010, 04:02 AM
If Maria wins the FO, I will literally pull my pants down and take my shirt off and run around and through my college campus, butt ass naked.

Mistress of Evil
Apr 16th, 2010, 05:55 AM
If Maria wins the FO, I will literally pull my pants down and take my shirt off and run around and through my college campus, butt ass naked.

Aren't you concern about people's health.:wavey:Somebody could have a heart attack.:angel:

claypova
Apr 16th, 2010, 06:11 AM
Aren't you concern about people's health.:wavey:Somebody could have a heart attack.:angel:

samsam4087
Apr 16th, 2010, 06:57 AM

:lol::lol::lol:

Marilyn Monheaux
Apr 16th, 2010, 07:42 AM

Worthless without pics.:hehehe:

bandabou
Apr 16th, 2010, 07:59 AM
The funny thing is...RG has actually been Maria's best major the recent years. Only one she's even reached the second week at since what, ' 07?! :eek:

Mashabator
Apr 16th, 2010, 08:03 AM
The funny thing is...RG has actually been Maria's best major the recent years. Only one she's even reached the second week at since what, ' 07?! :eek:

Err she won 08 AO :unsure:

Marilyn Monheaux
Apr 16th, 2010, 08:11 AM

But apart from that...

From 2007

AO: F - W - 1R (13 wins)
RG: SF - 4R - QF (12 wins)
Wim: 4R - 3R - 2R (6 wins:tape:)
USO: 3R - x - 3R (4 wins:help:)

Technically, the AO remains her best slam, but after winning the Australian Open, the only tournament where she went past the 3rd round was the French Open.:eek:

Mashabator
Apr 16th, 2010, 08:25 AM
But apart from that...

From 2007

Technically, the AO remains her best slam, but after winning the Australian Open, the only tournament where she went past the 3rd round was the French Open.:eek:

Yah, thats so weird! maybe she just gets easier draws :awww:
I would expect she would do better anywhere but FO!

Miss Amor
Apr 16th, 2010, 11:01 AM
Yah, thats so weird! maybe she just gets easier draws :awww:
I would expect she would do better anywhere but FO!

This.

bandabou
Apr 16th, 2010, 11:04 AM

My bad..but still, the point remains: Since ' 08 she hasn't reached even the FOURTH round anywhere else than RG!

shaktincredible
Apr 16th, 2010, 11:10 AM
But apart from that...

From 2007

it's 4R - 2R - 2R :bigcry: :crying2: :hysteric:

claypova
Apr 16th, 2010, 11:14 AM
and grass is her favourite surface :o

Marilyn Monheaux
Apr 16th, 2010, 11:21 AM
it's 4R - 2R - 2R :bigcry: :crying2: :hysteric:

:sobbing: I really thought it was the 3rd round!:bigcry:

Χριστος
Apr 16th, 2010, 11:39 AM
her footwork is a great drawback that impedes her to win RG.

Juanes
Apr 16th, 2010, 04:06 PM
another option: if sharapova will win French Open i will go naked to grocery morning to buy bread.... :lol:

homogenius
Apr 16th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Seeing the options of the poll : what happened to Dasha Sharapova or the "famous" Alexus Jones ?

Vaidisova Ruled
Apr 16th, 2010, 04:58 PM
Seeing the options of the poll : what happened to Dasha Sharapova or the "famous" Alexus Jones ?
The chances that Daria will ever be top 200 (wta) one day are very slim

Princeza
Apr 17th, 2010, 07:29 AM
@sweetcleo would finally come back :tearsofjoy:

Tennisstar86
Apr 17th, 2010, 07:32 AM
@sweetcleo would finally come back :tearsofjoy:

wasnt sweatcleo banned after they lost their mind on the board one too many times after a few of Maria's losses....

Mistress of Evil
Feb 4th, 2013, 09:33 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9iph19FOw1qbrs65o9_r4_250.gif

The 'a hater of hers fakes being a hardcore Mashabator all of a sudden' Option.

NashaMasha
Feb 4th, 2013, 10:16 PM

do you mean OP?

by the way , thanks for bumping , so many posters promised to run naked it the streets ..... and still no proof that they fulfilled their promise

and of course Masha as usual made her haters look foolishly;) So many fail threads are about "Masha will never ....."

iWill
Feb 4th, 2013, 10:23 PM
do you mean OP?

by the way , thanks for bumping , so many posters promised to run naked it the streets ..... and still no proof that they fulfilled their promise

and of course Masha as usual made her haters look foolishly;) So many fail threads are about "Masha will never ....."

To be fair to them they honestly thought Maria would never win in Paris :oh:

Also its been what 5 years since this thread was made some of these people don't even post anymore :haha:

I need receipts for the "Masha will never..." part though.

alfonsojose
Feb 4th, 2013, 11:13 PM
Maria :hearts:

toxina90
Feb 4th, 2013, 11:43 PM
What if the sky turns green?

dragonflies
Feb 5th, 2013, 12:16 AM
Has Sharapova experienced Radek's sexy lumpy juicy lips yet? :hearts::cheer:

$uricate
Feb 5th, 2013, 12:23 AM
Can we all remember this epic predictiveness too;

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=458230&highlight=

The only time I have felt the need to share my beliefs, and look what happened :hearts:

Julian.
Feb 5th, 2013, 12:34 AM
Epic bump :hysteric:

$uricate
Feb 5th, 2013, 12:51 AM

Oh how I love you :sobbing:

Annie.
Feb 5th, 2013, 01:08 AM

http://i.imgur.com/Z94F0kR.gif

Stonerpova
Feb 5th, 2013, 01:10 AM
:inlove:

Cosmic Voices
Feb 5th, 2013, 01:15 AM
:rolls:

:oh:

:hearts:

JarkaFish
Feb 5th, 2013, 01:22 AM
debby :eek:

debby
Feb 5th, 2013, 01:36 AM

http://media.tumblr.com/4fb589085865e51b29e0285ce448dc68/tumblr_inline_mhq1viOqyq1rbmn7i.gif
http://media.tumblr.com/4fb589085865e51b29e0285ce448dc68/tumblr_inline_mhq1viOqyq1rbmn7i.gif

I had a love/hate relationship with Maria, I was even stanning for her in 2006 before that dreadful US Open final to Jesustine.

http://media.tumblr.com/edabd69344dbb1131196c6781effd000/tumblr_inline_mhq1afuNuZ1rbmn7i.gif

Then I was still watching her matches, hoping for her to lose. And one day, late 2011 / early 2012 , I just wanted Maria to win more.

http://media.tumblr.com/cbe2fdcc0bfcdfce3f7aa814e4b003d8/tumblr_inline_mhq0mnjxPb1rbmn7i.gif

Then she started playing really well on clay, and I didn't even mind her winning on clay against Vichka anymore, and I was so happy when she finally won RG.

How times flies.

Only idiots don't change their minds I guess.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/0bb75f28ffcad6cf575c70f8afd26016/tumblr_mhq1m9BohV1r90bsso1_500.gif
http://25.media.tumblr.com/0bb75f28ffcad6cf575c70f8afd26016/tumblr_mhq1m9BohV1r90bsso1_500.gif

debby
Jun 7th, 2014, 06:09 PM

WTA is still alive.

And I am actually the total opposite of this debby. What an awful troll I used to be. :help:

2 RG for Maria, queen of clay !

ElusiveChanteuse
Jun 7th, 2014, 06:37 PM
Debby :lol: :hug: Most importantly you are alive and living well too.:oh:

Shivank17
Jun 7th, 2014, 06:40 PM
WTA is still alive.

And I am actually the total opposite of this debby. What an awful troll I used to be. :help:

2 RG for Maria, queen of clay !

:smooch: