PDA

View Full Version : French Open's balls too heavy?

spiritedenergy
Jun 1st, 2008, 06:53 PM
By Pritha Sarkar

PARIS, June 1 (Reuters) - Jelena Jankovic blamed the heavy balls being used at Roland Garros for the injuries she has picked up over the past week.

After receiving medical attention on a sore wrist during her second-round win on Thursday, the Serbian third seed again asked for the trainer on Sunday, this time requesting a rubdown on her stiff neck and shoulder.

"Here in Roland Garros a lot of players have been suffering with the arm because of the balls," grumbled Jankovic following her 6-3 7-6 fourth-round win over Poland's Agnieszka Radwanska.

"The balls are a little bit heavier and I think also Agnieszka, I saw on the screen it showed she had her arm taped, as well.

"I don't know what kind of problems she has but a lot of players have been complaining they have some pain and stiffness in their arm, which is not usual.

"I'm not the only one that is suffering from that but I'm working hard to keep my body in shape to stay injury free. But sometimes you don't have a choice."

The rain that has dogged the first week of the claycourt major has also compounded Jankovic's problems as she has been forced to play four days running.

"I've been playing three or four days in a row now, so I didn't have any rest," said Jankovic, who remained on course for an all-Serbian semi-final with Ana Ivanovic.

"Finally I will have a day off tomorrow, to recover, and do some treatments and try to feel the best possible for the next one.

"I wish I didn't have any injuries. I wish I was healthier and I can enjoy my games, my matches. But sometimes that's the way it is. Hopefully I'll get better."

Next up for the 23-year-old will be Spain's Carla Suarez Navarro.

(Editing by Miles Evans)

Did JJ really play 4 days in a row? I didn't know that:eek:

and maybe the balls are just heavy because of the rain...

mckyle.
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:02 PM
Horse shit. She has no injuries. She's cried wolf so many times that when she actually does get a serious injury, she will get no sympathy.

Serenita
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:09 PM
Horse shit. She has no injuries. She's cried wolf so many times that when she actually does get a serious injury, she will get no sympathy.

:lol::lol: Omg

spiritedenergy
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:10 PM

:unsure:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:14 PM
4 days in a row? At one day she played only 3 games against Cibulkova.
Don't pretend like that is a real match.
Like always she is complaining.

RenaSlam.
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:16 PM
Always a complainer.

Not to mention she holds ZERO slam titles to her name and thinks she is a diva.

:lol:

Please, Jelena. Just shut up.

Optima
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:17 PM
I love her honesty.

I complain a lot too :devil:

tequila
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:19 PM
Jelena is risking her career playing 4 days in a row with a career threatening injury. :devil:

spiritedenergy
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:20 PM
4 days in a row? At one day she played only 3 games against Cibulkova.
Don't pretend like that is a real match.
Like always she is complaining.

well but it's indeed mentally draining. I imagine she would have to prepare like it was a full match anyways.

But the balls heavy thing is weird, how could they make the balls heavier? :weirdo:

дalex
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:21 PM
In her previous interviews she was saying that balls get heavier due to wet and humid conditions.

Wayn77
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:25 PM
Don't listen to some of these dumbells JJ

Keep on complaining babe

Slams or no Slams - we still love you. :devil: :hearts:

spiritedenergy
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:28 PM
In her previous interviews she was saying that balls get heavier due to wet and humid conditions.

oh ok that makes sense then. The article made it look like it was an attack to RG or something:weirdo:

Wiggly
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:31 PM
A broken nail is a career threatening injury in her case. No worries.

AndreConrad
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:33 PM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20080601/2008_06_01t103238_450x301_us_tennis_open.jpg
Serbia's Jelena Jankovic receives medical care during her match against Poland's Agnieszka Radwanska at the French Open tennis tournament at Roland Garros in Paris June 1, 2008.(Vincent Kessler/Reuters)

tickle, tickle :p

Cam'ron Giles
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:33 PM
French balls too heavy?

You know I have that same problem at times...:unsure:

njnetswill
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:35 PM
As if JJ doesn't know how to handle heavy balls. :rolleyes:

spiritedenergy
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:37 PM
French balls too heavy?

You know I have that same problem at times...:unsure:

As if JJ doesn't know how to handle heavy balls. :rolleyes:

:haha:

дalex
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:39 PM
A broken nail is a career threatening injury in her case. No worries.

No, she just thinks it doesn't look pretty (broken nail) and then she can't play her best tennis.

Wayn77
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:49 PM
No, she just thinks it doesn't look pretty (broken nail) and then she can't play her best tennis.

Yes a broken finger nail during play, would be traumatic for "Team Jankovic" tennis.

Actually having looked closely I have detected a couple of minor scratches on Jeca's stunning deep-blue nail varnish. Which may explain the walkabout in the second set today.

Cp6uja
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:02 PM
By: Reuters

Jelena Jankovic blamed the heavy balls being used at Roland Garros for the injuries she has picked up over the past week.

After receiving medical attention on a sore wrist during her second-round win on Thursday, the Serbian third seed again asked for the trainer on Sunday, this time requesting a rubdown on her stiff neck and shoulder.

"Here in Roland Garros a lot of players have been suffering with the arm because of the balls," grumbled Jankovic following her 6-3 7-6 fourth-round win over Poland's Agnieszka Radwanska.

"The balls are a little bit heavier and I think also Agnieszka, I saw on the screen it showed she had her arm taped, as well.

"I don't know what kind of problems she has but a lot of players have been complaining they have some pain and stiffness in their arm, which is not usual.

"I'm not the only one that is suffering from that but I'm working hard to keep my body in shape to stay injury free. But sometimes you don't have a choice."

The rain that has dogged the first week of the claycourt major has also compounded Jankovic's problems as she has been forced to play four days running.

"I've been playing three or four days in a row now, so I didn't have any rest," said Jankovic, who remained on course for an all-Serbian semi-final with Ana Ivanovic.

"Finally I will have a day off tomorrow, to recover, and do some treatments and try to feel the best possible for the next one.

"I wish I didn't have any injuries. I wish I was healthier and I can enjoy my games, my matches. But sometimes that's the way it is. Hopefully I'll get better."

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Plaease dont treat this in discussions like some kind of Jelena "trash-talking" or complainations about some minor important things. This is serious protest of WTA#3 player.

Noctis
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:05 PM
French Ppl Need To Know How To Make A Soft Ball That Also Bounce

Dawson.
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:06 PM
:lol:

Wiggly
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:07 PM
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=344684

RenaSlam.
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:08 PM
Whine whine whine.

Shut up Jelena, you aren't a champion.

frontier
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:11 PM
She whines and whines about everything,I'm really fed up with this chick.I hope Ana kicks her butt really hard and rid the tournament of this nonsense.:fiery:

IMPOSSIBLE
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:12 PM
please Jelena, stop moaning

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:14 PM
Heavy balls aren't needed to give Jelena an injury.
She first has to look at her scheduling instead of complaining about others. She's injured everywhere and always another story. It's never her.

terjw
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:15 PM
Well clay is going to be the worst surface to get and play with an arm or wrist injury on. But are the balls heavier than last year or is it the fact that it's rained and thet the courts are slower so longer rallies and the balls are picking up more clay.

Wayn77
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:15 PM
^ don't take any notice of these idiots

Jelena you keep talkin babe - we are listening. :kiss:

дalex
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:18 PM
JJ :hearts:

Bruno71
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:19 PM
Plaease dont treat this in discussions like some kind of Jelena "trash-talking" or complainations about some minor important things. This is serious protest of WTA#3 player.

You didn't honestly expect these losers to oblige you, did you?

Emina.
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:20 PM
JJ :awww: :hug: hope her injury is not serious at all..

Wannabeknowitall
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:26 PM
How about you actually work out like the rest of the players and not use wta tournaments as practice so you won't be complaining about heavy balls (besides the two you have on your body).

RenaSlam.
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:34 PM
How about you actually work out like the rest of the players and not use wta tournaments as practice so you won't be complaining about heavy balls (besides the two you have on your body).

:worship:

Once I can give out reps again, you will be getting a good one for sure.

Coffee&TV
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:37 PM
JJ :kiss:

Wayn77
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:40 PM
Jelena :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Optima
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:40 PM
JJ's haters cause as much drama as she does :yeah: :o

piksi
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:41 PM
come on now - Jelena has to be Jelena. If You give her opportunity - she will complain. If You pay attention - she might drive You crazy just as well as if You watch her matches.

Wannabeknowitall
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:45 PM
JJ's haters cause as much drama as she does :yeah: :o

You don't have to be a hater.
She's the one who says stupid shit.

She was the one who mentioned she didn't want to work out and look big and muscular like the other girls on tour at Dubai a few years.

She still doesn't seem to be putting in the extra work, so I don't see the reason to complain.

Sharapova has had shoulder issues for years.
She's worked incredibly hard on strengthening her upper body.
She hasn't complained.

How about she be the professional she's suppose to be and actually work out to the point where heavy balls are the least of her problem.

And the posters who are giving me bad reps because I dare question Jelena on her work ethic, FUCK YOU. :lol:

Let her continue to get to number one her way.
Oh wait that hasn't worked has it.

Optima
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:48 PM

She was the one who mentioned she didn't want to work out and look big and muscular like the other girls on tour at Dubai a few years.

She still doesn't seem to be putting in the extra work, so I don't see the reason to complain.

She hasn't complained.

How about she be the professional she's suppose to be and actually work out to the point where heavy balls are the least of her problem.

If you'd actually look into what she's been doing, she's been working incredibly hard. Learn before you speak. Unless she's lying, which is what she does all the time. And not everybody is Sharapova.

LUVMIRZA
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:49 PM
Never stops bitching. Good name - JankoBITCH!!

Bruno71
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:49 PM

She hasn't complained.

She's not the only one, Mr. "Serena lost because she got laid last night" :rolleyes:

VeeJJ
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:50 PM
well if u hit more winners and play agressive u won't have to all those heavy balls, so get ur shit together!!!!

Slutati
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:52 PM
LOL, she is always injured but keeps winning matches:lol:...poor thing:hug:

Wannabeknowitall
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:53 PM
If you'd actually look into what she's been doing, she's been working incredibly hard. Learn before you speak. Unless she's lying, which is what she does all the time. And not everybody is Sharapova.

:yawn: Incredibly hard on that serve of hers. :lol:

Wouldn't be the first time a top player has lied.

RenaSlam.
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:53 PM

She hasn't complained.

:worship:

Optima
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:57 PM
:yawn: Incredibly hard on that serve of hers. :lol:

Wouldn't be the first time a top player has lied.

Her serve is better. She serves aces more often now than she used to.

She loves lying to her fans, especially in her blog :)

Wannabeknowitall
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:00 AM
Her serve is better. She serves aces more often now than she used to.

She loves lying to her fans, especially in her blog :)

So much better when it counts the most.

Right now I kinda wish that Justine Henin was on the forum.
She could tell us if her serve is better.

Oh wait. I don't need her to. The 0-10 record against her shows there was not enough growth in a place where there needed to be.

RenaSlam.
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:01 AM
What a load of crap, as usual.

Wasn't Sharapova out with her serving shoulder problem last year?

Jankovic is one of the most professional and fittest girls on tour ... plagued with niggling injuries all season.

Apparently a lot of the baseline sluggers have been complaining about the heavy conditions .... Jankovic as usual is the loudest.

The loudest only because she complains the most. Nothing more, nothing less.

Wayn77
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:02 AM
The loudest only because she complains the most. Nothing more, nothing less.

I wasn't speaking to you Junior. Shut up.

Optima
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:03 AM
Oh wait. I don't need her to. The 0-10 record against her shows there was not enough growth in a place where there needed to be.

Better than what 99% of what most of the tour could pull off against Justine. At least Jelena kept the scoreline close most of the time.

danieln1
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:04 AM
The good and old drama queen! And I thought that she had matured... guess not! I want to see what excuse sheŽll give when Ivanovic trashes her in the semi-final, IF Jelena manages to win her quarter-final...

homogenius

Right now I kinda wish that Justine Henin was on the forum.
She could tell us if her serve is better.

Serena ?

дalex

And the posters who are giving me bad reps because I dare question Jelena on her work ethic, **** ***. :lol:

:worship: I just hope you're not feeling violated right now. :tape:

RenaSlam.
I wasn't speaking to you Junior. Shut up.

This is a forum. If you need one on one communication, text WannaBe or page him.

I can respond to whichever posts I choose, asshole.

Wannabeknowitall
What a load of crap, as usual.

Wasn't Sharapova out with her serving shoulder problem last year?

Jankovic is one of the most professional and fittest girls on tour ... plagued with niggling injuries all season.

Apparently a lot of the baseline sluggers have been complaining about the heavy conditions .... Jankovic as usual is the loudest.

I don't deem playing tournaments really only for appearance fees a professional attribute.

You have the names of these baseline sluggers with links to articles?
Probably not.

I mentioned that Sharapova had shoulder injuries for the last few years and she's worked hard to strengthen her upper body.

terjw

:worship: Exactly - she has been working very hard lately with her coach. But when has Wannabe ever been interested in the truth.

homogenius
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:06 AM
The good and old drama queen! And I thought that she had matured... guess not! I want to see what excuse she´ll give when Ivanovic trashes her in the semi-final, IF Jelena manages to win her quarter-final...

She'll blame Davenport's baby for the cold.Oh wait...excuse already used by another player.She must find something else now.

Wannabeknowitall
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:08 AM
:worship: Exactly - she has been working very hard lately with her coach. But when has Wannabe ever been interested in the truth.

When results show that she's working very hard.
Like you know. Making the finals of a slam.

ivanban
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:08 AM
:drool: apparently JJ must be doing good tennis wise and others favs not so, now that haters are out from their holes in full force :drool:

Wayn77
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:09 AM
This is a forum. If you need one on one communication, text WannaBe or page him.

I can respond to whichever posts I choose, asshole.

Fuck me renatard is trying to get all fruity with me all of sudden ... assholes and one on one's.
Sorry pal, not doing.

Emina.
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:10 AM
Jeca :worship:

schorsch
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:10 AM
Oh no, isnt there any nail varnish in the suitcase of those physios?

thats just unfair :sad: :lol:

:lol: at the thought of jj making her nails during a changeover... its actually not even too far fetched :bolt:

Wannabeknowitall
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:13 AM
:drool: apparently JJ must be doing good tennis wise and others favs not so, now that haters are out from their holes in full force :drool:

It really has nothing to do with haters.
Here is a great opportunity to win a slam on argubly her favorite surface and all she can do is moan and groan and complain.

And I'm suppose to go, oh poor quarterfinalist Jelena, everything in the world is so bleak.

You haven't played one top 25 player to make the semis but go ahead and cry your eyes out.
It's so tough. I know. Beating the players you're suppose to beat.

Bruno71
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:13 AM
You guys are underestimating the importance of strong, colorful nails to the wild animal we call the WTA drama queen ; )

Emina.
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:14 AM

yeah :lol::cool:
They are very loud lately. Ajde!!!!!111:devil::drool:

Optima
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:14 AM

Some people can work and practice and do all they can to improve, sometimes it just won't happen. I personally don't care if she makes a slam final/wins one or not, if she does great, if not, oh well. Doesn't change my perspective or opinion of her. Which is what Renatroll tries to emphasize all the time to make her fans feel bad - YOU ARE NOT A CHAMPION! Christ on a cracker.

Bruno71
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:18 AM
Some people can work and practice and do all they can to improve, sometimes it just won't happen. I personally don't care if she makes a slam final/wins one or not, if she does great, if not, oh well. Doesn't change my perspective or opinion of her. Which is what Renatroll tries to emphasize all the time to make her fans feel bad - YOU ARE NOT A CHAMPION! Christ on a cracker.

That's the problem with some fans of past slam champions...they think that the only thing in the world is how many slam titles one can put by their favorite's name. If that's what floats their boat fine, but I don't really see the point in disrespecting players who don't have those types of accomplishments, or their fans.

Wannabeknowitall
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:19 AM

Yes because it's asking too much of a player who can hit winners in 80 mph range to actually stop hitting second serves in the 70 mph range.

Obviously yall already feel bad. You know she's talented and has the capability.
So when she gets the distinction of best player of her generation to never win a slam, like Nadia Petrova of this generation, I hope you do feel bad.

terjw
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:21 AM

Results of working hard:- Defending Rome, finals at Miami, 2nd in the race, not dropped a set yet despite her arm injury.

But according to you - 99.9% of the players don't work hard because they have not made a slam final. :rolleyes: You are big on talk but weak on fact and have no idea on how hard she works.

Wannabeknowitall
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:23 AM
That's the problem with some fans of past slam champions...they think that the only thing in the world is how many slam titles one can put by their favorite's name. If that's what floats their boat fine, but I don't really see the point in disrespecting players who don't have those types of accomplishments, or their fans.

Oh you know that's not the case.
Again you have your panties in a bunch because someone dares question Jelena's work ethic.

And you know it would be a damn shame if Jelena didn't win at least one slam with her all court all surface game.

And some of you have the nerve to say i'm full of shit.
When Mauresmo hadn't won a slam still in 2005, they didn't go, you know we're just satisfied with her playing.
The fact of the matter is that she was too good to not win one.
So stop with this humble :bs:.

дalex
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:23 AM
You know she's talented and has the capability. So when she gets the distinction of best player of her generation to never win a slam, I hope you do feel bad.

Some people don't know this. :sobbing:

Optima
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:24 AM
Yes because it's asking too much of a player who can hit winners in 80 mph range to actually stop hitting second serves in the 70 mph range.

Obviously yall already feel bad. You know she's talented and has the capability.
So when she gets the distinction of best player of her generation to never win a slam, like Nadia Petrova of this generation, I hope you do feel bad.

I don't think I'll lose sleep over it if she doesn't win a slam. She has the game, the talent, capability, and yes, I'll be disappointed, but it still doesn't change the fact she's my favorite player. It's just a game after all. There are MANY more important issues at hand in the world than winning a slam title. These girls go out there, practice all their lives (except for Jelena, of course) to entertain us. Maybe I will be sad, maybe I won't. But I'm glad you're getting satisfaction out of my sadness if she doesn't.

homogenius
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:24 AM
It really has nothing to do with haters.
Here is a great opportunity to win a slam on argubly her favorite surface and all she can do is moan and groan and complain.

And I'm suppose to go, oh poor quarterfinalist Jelena, everything in the world is so bleak.

You haven't played one top 25 player to make the semis but go ahead and cry your eyes out.
It's so tough. I know. Beating the players you're suppose to beat.

Radwanska ?
Besides that,Jelena had indeed the thoughest draw of the top players.

As you said she has a great opportunity to win here, so I think she would prefer to be healthy and fully fit instead of being bothered by physical things that make her unfocus at time, and alter her game.

Bruno71
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:26 AM
Oh you know that's not the case.
Again you have your panties in a bunch because someone dares question Jelena's work ethic.

And you know it would be a damn shame if Jelena didn't win at least one slam with her all court all surface game.

And some of you have the nerve to say i'm full of shit.
When Mauresmo hadn't won a slam still in 2005, they didn't go, you know we're just satisfied with her playing.
The fact of the matter is that she was too good to not win one.
So stop with this humble :bs:.

Maybe it'd be a shame, maybe not. I have no idea if she has what it takes to win a slam. The point is, she shouldn't be knocked for trying hard to do it, even if her career choices haven't taken her there yet. I bet you some people were satisfied with being fans of a slamless Momo in 2005. There are people who don't need their favorite to win a slam to be a satisfied fan, it'd just be the icing on the cake.

SharapovaFan16
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:26 AM

McEnroe would laugh at a comment like this. Don't think I would tell a successful tour player how to go about their business. I mean she is #3, no? And what heavy balls do you speak of, JJ is flat as they come in that department.

You constantly come out of your little hole from time to time to try and stir things up. Stay in that black cave of yours. WTAWorld would be better served without you.

Wannabeknowitall
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:28 AM
Results of working hard:- Defending Rome, finals at Miami, 2nd in the race, not dropped a set yet despite her arm injury.

But according to you - 99.9% of the players don't work hard because they have not made a slam final. :rolleyes: You are big on talk but weak on fact and have no idea on how hard she works.

:lol: I never said that.
I said she was too good not to win a slam.
Does that mean for other players who are on tour, yes but they're few and far between.

Well one she did say she didn't want to be big and muscular on tour like the other ladies.

Two she continues to say that she doesn't like to practice and she plays a lot to negate that which isn't really a good negater.

She won't play a top 25 player until the semis, I hope she can not lose a set until then. :lol:

Bruno71
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:30 AM
:lol: I never said that.
I said she was too good not to win a slam.
Does that mean for other players who are on tour, yes but they're few and far between.

Well one she did say she didn't want to be big and muscular on tour like the other ladies.

Two she continues to say that she doesn't like to practice and she plays a lot to negate that which isn't really a good negater.

She won't play a top 25 player until the semis, I hope she can not lose a set until then. :lol:

What's Radwanska's rank?

SharapovaFan16
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:34 AM
What's Radwanska's rank?

I'll answer for him 15. This guy doesn't know much about tennis, I've seen that from his "informative" posts time and time again.. Hence the name "Wannabeknowitall". You can't give much cred to a guy who uses a picture of himself as an avatar wearing a skull cap. :lol:

Wannabeknowitall
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:41 AM
McEnroe would laugh at a comment like this. Don't think I would tell a successful tour player how to go about their business. I mean she is #3, no? And what heavy balls do you speak of, JJ is flat as they come in that department.

You constantly come out of your little hole from time to time to try and stir things up. Stay in that black cave of yours. WTAWorld would be better served without you.

Are you kidding me.
You are the one with the nasty ass attitude who takes everything out on whoever disagrees with you on Sharapova and you have the nerve to say WTAworld would be better off without me. :lol:

She's number 3 because one women has retired and two others don't feel like playing as much as her to be higher than her in the rankings, when they can beat her without doing that.

ivanban
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:46 AM
Are you kidding me.
You are the one with the nasty ass attitude who takes everything out on whoever disagrees with you on Sharapova and you have the nerve to say WTAworld would be better off without me. :lol:

She's number 3 because one women has retired and two others don't feel like playing as much as her to be higher than her in the rankings, when they can beat her without doing that.

So, basically it's her fault that someone retired and others don't feel like playing much tennis (although that's their job, cause they're professional tennis players) :confused:

Optima
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:49 AM

It's not Jelena's fault they don't have the work ethic.

:cuckoo:

SharapovaFan16
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:50 AM
Are you kidding me.

You couldn't be farther from the truth. Get your facts straight ferry. I'll take it out on you because you have no idea what you are talking about. I'm trying to help you bro because you're the one making yourself look stupid.

Look at your reasoning for her being #3... what the hell does that mean? Does that still take away from the fact that she is #3 in the world? When you look at the rankings and you look at #3 does it not say Jelena Jankovic? She only controls what she does, not anyone else. Please try to make sense next time.

And a little rewind for ya, where is Radswanka ranked? Or should she not be ranked in the top 15 because players ranked 17, 18, 20, 21, & 27 aren't doing this, this, and that? Seriously bro WTF are you talking about?

Don't worry guys leave this chump to me. I can go on tearing everything he says to shreds because his cred is equal to his IQ: 0.

Do you know anything about tennis, do you even play? Or are you just some fruitcake that enjoys bad mouthing other people to make you feel better about the pathetic life you lead?

ChriS.
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:55 AM
Thanks guys for this load of nonsense. At least we are all agreed on one thing - JJ has the talent to win a slam.

Matt01
Jun 2nd, 2008, 01:00 AM
It's not Jelena's fault they don't have the work ethic.

Which was exactly what that Wannabe-poster was talking about and Jelena criticizing for (lack of that) in the first place. Ironic, isn't it?

homogenius

It's getting embarrassing now...

Matt01
Thanks guys for this load of nonsense. At least we are all agreed on one thing - JJ has the talent to win a slam.

:rocker:

Wtatennis212
Jun 2nd, 2008, 01:08 AM
Jelena complains about everything she can. Maybe the balls are to heavy!!!!!!

pov
Jun 2nd, 2008, 01:22 AM
I jumped over the "usual crap" in this thread so my apologies if someone else brought this up: Does anyone know what exactly Jankovic means by heavy balls? ITF rules are that the weight of a ball is between 1.975-2.095 ounces (56.0-59.4 grams). That's not a whole lot of difference.

Bruno71
Jun 2nd, 2008, 01:23 AM
I jumped over the "usual crap" in this thread so my apologies if someone else brought this up: Does anyone know what exactly Jankovic means by heavy balls? ITF rules are that the weight of a ball is between 1.975-2.095 ounces (56.0-59.4 grams). That's not a whole lot of difference.

Initially she said she found the balls heavy due to the humidity when she played in the morning. I don't know if she's implying that the ball they use is actually heavier or not.

hankqq
Jun 2nd, 2008, 01:52 AM
I don't know if the balls they use at RG are very heavy or not, but what I do know is that the slams try to cater to their domestic top players. I know Mauresmo likes heavy balls, so maybe the RG people wanted to do everything possible to help her get far in the tournament? Of course, she lost in rd. 2, but still...

for example: 1 of the reasons why the AO changed their surface to something faster than rebound ace: Hewitt bitched about how slow it was and how it didn't help his chances to win it for years...

Julian
Jun 2nd, 2008, 02:06 AM
The balls are too heavy i agree but i dont think she should have blamed that on her injuries.
But it was kind of weird seeing both her and Aga's forearm wrapped though.

hankqq
Jun 2nd, 2008, 02:14 AM
The heavy balls might have contributed to Jankovic's injuries, but she's not the only one playing. They don't pick a certain type of ball just to please Jankovic. Some players, such as Mauresmo and Kuznetsova, like to play with heavy balls.

I'm not trying to insult Jankovic by any means, so please no one jump on me for this post, but isn't Jelena injured in most of the events she plays? She doesn't seem to be able to get through a lot of tournaments without some injury, and that's a serious problem if she wants to win a lot of important titles.

Fidello
Jun 2nd, 2008, 02:20 AM
Whine whine whine.

Shut up Jelena, you aren't a champion.
she can't hear you, use caps

danieln1
Jun 2nd, 2008, 02:28 AM
The heavy balls might have contributed to Jankovic's injuries, but she's not the only one playing. They don't pick a certain type of ball just to please Jankovic. Some players, such as Mauresmo and Kuznetsova, like to play with heavy balls.

I'm not trying to insult Jankovic by any means, so please no one jump on me for this post, but isn't Jelena injured in most of the events she plays? She doesn't seem to be able to get through a lot of tournaments without some injury, and that's a serious problem if she wants to win a lot of important titles.

Yeah she had a "career threatening" injury in Perth, then played Sydney AND the Australian Open, reaching the semis, so these injuries are not a problem for her... maybe she learned to play with pain

Bruno71
Jun 2nd, 2008, 02:32 AM

It's not an insult at all, it's the truth. She has mostly minor injuries in every tournament she plays, because she's overplayed and has not treated her fitness with respect. She's also more vocal about her injuries, and likes to answer interview questions about them. It's nothing most players don't deal with to a smaller degree than her, she just talks about it, that's all.

fufuqifuqishahah
Jun 2nd, 2008, 03:00 AM

Jelena has been working out her upper body. Many commentators have said this, and said how she is proud to have more muscles. She is trying to beef up her serve. This could be a cause for the forearm taping -- she may not be used to trying to hit such hard serves. And besides, it's not wise to overwork -- look at Tracy Austin, Justine, and other players who went out early due to fatigue and injury caused from fatigue.

Jelena's schedule is good for supporting the tour, so it is not fair to attack her for playing so many tournaments. She is, as you may have noticed, cutting back her schedule this year, because she DID realize she was playing maybe a little too much. Also, she does a lot on the side to support the tour other than just playing. Also, keep in mind that just because she is outspoken about how she doesn't like to practice, that doesn't mean she doesn't practice.

Truth is, there are many talented players on the tour, very many that may even be more talented than she. However, she has reached a certain level of success that most other talented players will not. So, yes, it may be a shame, but at the same time, she has done a tremendous job getting a steady career as a top player going for her, after she was thinking about quitting.

Also, her work ethic cannot be bad. She is probably one of the most fit players on the tour. If it was bad, she'd probably be heavier. She's just recently hired a coach. So as you can see, she's been making a lot of changes to her game because she does want to move to the next level.
The one thing I argue that has been holding her back from winning more tournaments is her mental fortitude. She sometimes lets things distract her, losing her focus. She probably thinks about things too much, like the BALLS, the TIME VIOLATION, LINE CALLS, etc. ... but that's just her personality. She's just outspoken, and sometimes, it's good to have outspoken people on the tour. Everyone's different, everyone has different habits that work for them, everyone has something abrasive about their personality, etc. -- and if everyone was the same, what fun would that be?

Wannabeknowitall
Jun 2nd, 2008, 04:27 AM

Oh the irony. :tape:

cheo23
Jun 2nd, 2008, 04:33 AM
Umm Actually I have to say that Lindsay mentioned before that the balls at Roland Garros is actually heavier than in other Tournaments. But saying that it will Cause Injury.... Jelena :tape:

karimcartoon
Jun 2nd, 2008, 04:50 AM
well, if more players complain about it then its' a problem. Jelena's the kind of girl that says whats' on her mind. Heavy balls, same as heavy shots take a little bit more out of you so it might be it. And Jelena has not played as much as she had last year so ... she is trying to cut back.

cheo23
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:54 AM
You're not really black, and by saying bro I'm not talking to you as if you were black. Would you rather me just call your a nigga, moon cricket, porch monkey? Don't act like your offended by me calling you bro it's a weak ass cop out that most black people use. Why you guys think the white race owes you something or a word like "bro" is meant to talk down to you is beyond me. I mean you are gay man, you are going to hell. Sorry but I have a big problem with that. I'll pray for you.

And when you have a problem with someone, you're going to HELL too :eek: Pray for yourself first :hug:

switz
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:46 AM
i tend to think Jelena would be very happy to lose the favorite tag considering she's known to be partial to some choking on the big stage. or maybe she is just injured. i would have thought heavy balls would have been to her benefit really.

ivanban
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:43 PM
Umm Actually I have to say that Lindsay mentioned before that the balls at Roland Garros is actually heavier than in other Tournaments. But saying that it will Cause Injury.... Jelena :tape:

you obviously never played tennis, now did you?! :rolleyes:

RenaSlam.
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:54 PM
And when you have a problem with someone, you're going to HELL too :eek: Pray for yourself first :hug:

:eek:

InsideOut.
Jun 2nd, 2008, 02:09 PM

She was also 2nd in the race this time last year, and she ended up going to YEC to be breadsticked by Bartoli, thrashed by JJ, and outslugged by Chaky. Yeah that's working hard - too hard.

She probably thinks about things too much, like the BALLS, the TIME VIOLATION, LINE CALLS, etc. ... but that's just her personality.

She learnt the time violation tactic from Djokovic, come on.

Fact is, Jelena, complaining just doesn't work. If you think they're too heavy and you don't want to play with them then withdraw. :tape:

ivanban
Jun 2nd, 2008, 02:17 PM
She was also 2nd in the race this time last year, and she ended up going to YEC to be breadsticked by Bartoli, thrashed by JJ, and outslugged by Chaky. Yeah that's working hard - too hard.

She learnt the time violation tactic from Djokovic, come on.

Fact is, Jelena, complaining just doesn't work. If you think they're too heavy and you don't want to play with them then withdraw. :tape:

Wow :worship: you even menaged to outsmart CheO