PDA

View Full Version : Who will win a title first?

hankqq
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:20 PM
Here are the highest ranked women without a singles title. Who will a title first?

Shoulderpova
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:20 PM
Azarenka without a doubt. :)

Uranium
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:23 PM
whoever plays the weakest/easiest tournament of the year, Forest Hills:lol:

hayleytrotter
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:30 PM
hopefully cornet! Allez Alize!

HenryMag.
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:31 PM
not Azarenka.

kwilliams
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:32 PM
Azarenka, Cornet, Cibulkova or Wozniacki.

Vincey!
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:33 PM
Cibulkova or Wozniacki

Azarenka played so much final though :lol:....like 3 and some were against really beatable opponents so I don't think she'll win one soon

SOA_MC
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:34 PM
Wozniacki will win a Tier IV somewhere in a Scandiavina country after the US Open

Mikey.
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:35 PM
I think Cornet. But I'd like to see Vika win a final for once :o

Shvedbarilescu
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:40 PM
If Cornet plays a tier III or IV on clay after Wimbledon as I suspect she will then I expect it will be her.

Slutati
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:42 PM
Dominika

jonny84
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:53 PM
I still can't believe we are waiting for a first-time winner half way through the year :shrug:
Azarenka should win one - maybe a claycourt title post Wimbledon maybe.

TennisFanForever
Jun 1st, 2008, 06:04 PM
Alizé will unless she withdraws from Barcelona next week.

edit: sorry she already did, she just planned Eastbourne before Wimbledon. So maybe Azarenka will, she plays Birmingham next week.

mckyle.
Jun 1st, 2008, 06:05 PM

Forest Hills usually has a pretty strong draw for a Tier IV 16 player draw. Bogota and Fes are usually the weakest tournaments, I believe.

Uranium
Jun 1st, 2008, 06:09 PM
Forest Hills usually has a pretty strong draw for a Tier IV 16 player draw. Bogota and Fes are usually the weakest tournaments, I believe.

i said easiest because it is 16 draw
it's kinda weak because it's the leftovers from new haven:lol:, the ones who couldn't play there
i went there last year on the Wednesday and saw every player there and even Vera Zvonareva:hearts:

fufuqifuqishahah
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:37 PM
im surprised some of these players (especially the top 4) haven't won a title yet...

Dexter
Jun 1st, 2008, 08:20 PM
As much as I like and appreciate Wika, it has to be said that she has some complex in the finals. She can beat a top5 player 60 60 in the SF and lose to an inferior player the next day. It will be also tougher for her now, because I don't expect her to play many Tier IIIs in the future... and as much as she's capable to beating top players I can't see her beating 2-3 of them in the same week as yet (and she would have to do it to win these Tier I or II, if she doesn't get a lucky draw that is).
I'm going with Dominika winning a minor claytitle after Wimbledon.

ViennaCalling
Jun 1st, 2008, 08:46 PM
Caro :rocker2:

sharapovarulz1
Jun 1st, 2008, 08:58 PM
Azarenka :D

hankqq
Jun 1st, 2008, 09:18 PM
With Azarenka, Cornet and Cibulkova, I think it's just a matter of time. Wozniacki will win too, but she seems to hit a wall against the top players.

I don't get Vesnina-she has a nice, solid game, and gives the top players a tough time, but she doesn't seem to get past the 3rd-4th rds of many tournaments.

I expect some of these players to do something this year-no offense to Hantuchova, but if she could battle her nerves to win her 1st title at IW, some of these girls can win a big title too.

I think that during the lead up events to the Olympics, when there will be less top players than usual this year playing the US hardcourt events, we'll get a 1st time champion. My bet in Cincinnati. Of course, as some of you already mentioned, Forest Hills, Barcelona, Palermo, Stockholm and Budapest are good options too. In Birmingham a lot of players who already have titles are going to be there, so I'll be surprised if we get a new champ on the grass.

young_gunner913
Jun 1st, 2008, 09:26 PM
IMO it will most likely be Azerenka or Cornet.

Corswandt
Jun 1st, 2008, 10:47 PM
Azarenka will never win a title, so Cornet or Cibulkova, if they keep out of each other's way in some lower tier event. Doesn't even need to be clay.

Dawson.
Jun 1st, 2008, 10:47 PM
look at it realistically. cornet is due to play barcelona after RG as the top seed, she a big fav for this title.
i can see wozniacki winning in stockholm after wimbledon also

Azarenka SHOULD have won 3 titles by now; estoril, tashkent and gold coast

goldenlox
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:12 AM
Azarenka is playing excellent tennis right now. She's going to beat a lot of name players. I won't be surprised to see her in a SF this coming week

Pasta-Na
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:26 AM
shuai peng :rolleyes:

NeeemZ
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:45 AM
In my opinion, Azarenka should have won a title this year already, particularly at the Gold Coast.

I think Cornet will win if she is playing Barca next week. If not, then Wozniacki if she is playing in Stockholm after Wimby.

Renalicious
Jun 2nd, 2008, 02:25 AM
Wozniacki, but hopefully Azarenka! :D (At Roland Garros)

pepaw
Jun 2nd, 2008, 03:47 AM
Azarenka will step it up mentally and win one.

AnywhereButHome
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:16 AM
Tsveti :)

hankqq
Jun 13th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Well, I thought I should bump up this thread, since apparently whoever picked "someone else" (except for super na who said Peng!:lol::lol: ) in my poll is correct! Think about this people, 1 of the following: K. Bondarenko, Erakovic, Mattek or Wickmayer will win a title before all of the higher ranked title-less players listed on my poll. Who would have thought 1 of these 4 would be the first first-time title winner of the year? Well done final 4 in Birmingham-you've surprised many of us!!

Equus
Jun 13th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Erakovic,Wickmayer,K.Bondarenko or Diva Mattek will win a WTA singles title this sunday :lol: You all should vote for "someone else" but it doesn't seem like you guys follow the latest results :lol:

Equus
Jun 13th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Oh and my "someone else" is Erakovic :p

Danči Dementia
Jun 13th, 2008, 09:16 PM
I accidentaly voted for Dominika....because I didn´t see Vesnina....so I ´ll go for Vesnina

hankqq
Jun 13th, 2008, 09:24 PM
Erakovic,Wickmayer,K.Bondarenko or Diva Mattek will win a WTA singles title this sunday :lol: You all should vote for "someone else" but it doesn't seem like you guys follow the latest results :lol:

if you read my most recent post on this thread, you'll see that I bumped up this thread, which was created on June 02. I think it's funny that "someone else" other than the favorites (by rank anyway) will be the first new winner this year. :)

Alexj
Jun 13th, 2008, 09:24 PM

haha i agree :lol:

Equus
Jun 13th, 2008, 09:31 PM
if you read my most recent post on this thread, you'll see that I bumped up this thread, which was created on June 02. I think it's funny that "someone else" other than the favorites (by rank anyway) will be the first new winner this year. :)

Oh sorry couldn't see that. ;) OK then Cornet will win a title after "someone else" :p

jbeacinu
Jun 13th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Dominika hopefully =\ (win wimbledon boo :0)