PDA

View Full Version : racquet help ......

Dokicfan17
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:14 PM
Im a 4.0 flat aggressive player, who likes a head light stick......fast swing ...power player needs some more control.......how are the prince o3 speedport white....and the yonex ( the dementieva one ).......any racquet suggestions on a nice power racquet light enought for a fast swing but maintains great control?

Mikey.
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:15 PM
I like the Prince O3 white.

InsideOut.
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:18 PM
I like the Yonex RQiS Tour 1 because Ana uses it. :angel:

hayleytrotter
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:37 PM
I use a prince 03 white and sound quite similar to you. Check out Babolat AeroPro drive cortex racquets, and maybe head flexpoints. Have a look at tenniswarehouse.com, they have good info.

Darop.
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:38 PM
Best advice there is: grab a bunch that meet your desired specs and try them all out ;)

jazar
Jun 1st, 2008, 06:40 PM
Im a 4.0 flat aggressive player, who likes a head light stick......fast swing ...power player needs some more control.......how are the prince o3 speedport white....and the yonex ( the dementieva one ).......any racquet suggestions on a nice power racquet light enought for a fast swing but maintains great control?

the prince speedport white is lighter than the yonex and has a larger headsize. it also has the speedport technology making it faster through the air and giving it a large speedspot. subsequently the prince is the easier racket to use, but the yonex gives better control

drgray
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:08 PM
Hmm.. I hit very flat as well. I used the prince O3 White, definitely give it a try. I am currently using the Yonex RDS 002 Tour. Great racquet as well. I would suggest just demo a bunch of sticks.

drake3781
Jun 1st, 2008, 08:33 PM
I have a racquet help thread too, but I put it in Recreational Tennis forum (where it has received no answers :o ).

Mods, are we going to put this kind of thread in GenMes or in Recreational?

Any chance we can make Recreational its own forum... the idea of putting it with College Tennis is just :rolleyes: and hardly any recreational threads get any attention there. I don't see why Recreational and College are put together; for one we are talknig about our own playing, and the other we are talking about other people playing just like WTA or ITF.

shell
Jun 1st, 2008, 08:52 PM

Don't overlook Fischer. The M Pro #1 is a great racquet, head light, flexible so you can generate your own power and has great feel. I switched to the Head Extreme because I wanted more pop, but really have always had my doubts. Fischer makes great racquets and are worth a demo. Hope this helps.

Willam
Jun 1st, 2008, 09:01 PM
You have to go with the Babolat Z-Lite or the Head Microgel Extreme.

They both will suit great your game.

The dementieva one is way too heavy.

VeeJJ
Jun 1st, 2008, 09:04 PM
I use the Prince O3 Speedport Black. It's super light and has good amount of both power and control. It helps you set up your shot super earlier for cleaner shots.

Serenidad.
Jun 1st, 2008, 09:20 PM
I like the Hingis blue/white yonex or even the Yonex Vaidisova has. Both are very good sticks, I've played with both.

jazar
Jun 2nd, 2008, 06:57 AM
You have to go with the Babolat Z-Lite or the Head Microgel Extreme.

those 2 are really quite different. the OP will find the drive z lite, as the name suggests, light

n1ko0
Jun 2nd, 2008, 10:28 AM
I use wilson N4 (the racket Venus used to win wimbledon) and i love it! really easy power and control yet its light as anything!

davidmario
Jun 2nd, 2008, 10:43 AM
try dunlop aerogel 300 16x19

chuvack
Jun 2nd, 2008, 10:47 AM
there should be a separate forum for this type of questions. This is not womens tennis issue.