Mikey.
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:14 PM
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/scores/schedule/schedule14.html

CHATRIER
11:00 Start

1 Women's Singles - 4th Rnd.
Vera Zvonareva (RUS)[11] v. Elena Dementieva (RUS)[7]

2 Men's Singles - 4th Rnd.
Roger Federer (SUI)[1] v. Julien Benneteau (FRA)

3 Men's Singles - 4th Rnd.
Ivan Ljubicic (CRO)[28] v. Gael Monfils (FRA)

4 Women's Singles - 4th Rnd.
Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS)[4] v. Victoria Azarenka (BLR)[16]

LENGLEN
11:00 Start

1 Men's Singles - 4th Rnd.
Fernando Gonzalez (CHI)[24] v. Robby Ginepri (USA)

2 Women's Singles - 4th Rnd.
Maria Sharapova (RUS)[1] v. Dinara Safina (RUS)[13]

3 Men's Singles - 4th Rnd.
Radek Stepanek (CZE)[21] v. David Ferrer (ESP)[5]

4 Women's Singles - 4th Rnd.
Petra Kvitova (CZE) v. Kaia Kanepi (EST)

InsideOut.
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:17 PM
Why did they put Sharapova and Safina on Lenglen instead of Chatrier?

Maybe to save Sharapova the humiliation of being thrashed on Centre Court. :haha:

Nikkiri
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:20 PM
Maria and Dinara's match not on Chatrier :eek: That's like the match of the day ;)

Mikey.
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:20 PM
Why did they put Sharapova and Safina on Lenglen instead of Chatrier?

Maybe to save Sharapova the humiliation of being thrashed on Centre Court. :haha:

:lol: Maybe. :scared:

It probably wont be shown on my tv channel now though :mad: They'll show a Federer walkover instead :o

LUVMIRZA
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:23 PM
Dinara deserves to play in Chatrier. French politics:lol:

InsideOut.
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:23 PM
They'll show a Federer walkover instead :o

True. I'm sure you'll be able to find a stream though. But who knows, maybe Federer will get it over quickly and you can catch the last games of Maria-Dinara. :)

LUVMIRZA
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:24 PM
True. I'm sure you'll be able to find a stream though. But who knows, maybe Federer will get it over quickly and you can catch the last games of Maria-Dinara. :)

U mean how Maria loses:p???

Natalicious
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:24 PM
:lol: Maybe. :scared:

It probably wont be shown on my tv channel now though :mad: They'll show a Federer walkover instead :o

maybe gonzo will play another 5-setter and inbetween bepa/elena and roger win ;)

DownTheLine21
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:26 PM
Maria and Dinara's match not on Chatrier :eek: That's like the match of the day ;)

This actually does surprise me. Sharapova-Safina is even considered the "Match of the Day" on the French Open website.

spiritedenergy
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:27 PM
Zvonareva-Dementieva will be boring as usual... Why did they put on centre court and as opening match?:tape:

Wiggly
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:27 PM
Sharapova vs Safina on Lenglen? :eek:

hayleytrotter
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:29 PM
If sharapova loses (and knock on wood that she doesnt) and fox sports shows the chatrier match, my head will explode!

(and fox sports will be getting some angry mail)

Noctis
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:30 PM
They Better Show Masha Vs Saf!!!!!!
Dont Show Badger Vs Frenchie

Mikey.
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:31 PM
If sharapova loses (and knock on wood that she doesnt) and fox sports shows the chatrier match, my head will explode!

:lol: You and me both. But I'm sure I'll be able to find a stream :)

Nikkiri

I hate fox sports. :fiery: They better show this.

goldenlox
Sveta was just on Chatrier vs Nadia, now v Vika.
Vera doesn't get on Chatrier everyday. That's good.

mckyle.
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:32 PM
I'm glad it's on Lenglen. Tennis Channel internet feeds aren't allowed to show Chatrier (they can show Lenglen) and the match will be over before NBC starts coverage.

kaktusino
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:33 PM
Zvonareva-Dementieva will be boring as usual... Why did they put on centre court and as opening match?:tape:

Boring for you? They are in good form, not as Sharapova on clay ... :rolleyes:

DownTheLine21
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:34 PM
I'm glad it's on Lenglen. Tennis Channel internet feeds aren't allowed to show Chatrier (they can show Lenglen) and the match will be over before NBC starts coverage.

NBC doesn't have coverage tomorrow. It's just TTC/ESPN2.

On another note, TTC announced that they will be showing Ginepri-Gonzalez instead of Dementieva-Zvonareva.

Lucas_Arg
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:36 PM
ESPN is giving here a great coverage so far, so I hope to see Maria and Roger at the same time...

kaktusino
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:36 PM
Where can I watch tommorow Lena vs Vera?
Thank you in advance. ;)

Craig.
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:40 PM
What the hell is this OOP? Maria and Safina NOT on Chatrier? :eek:

justine schnyder
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:42 PM
Wow! I really thought Safina/Sharapova will be on Chatrier instead of Lena/Zvonareva..
But maybe it's becuase Sharapova has alredy played all of her matches so far on Chatrier..

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:42 PM
i quite like the OOP

i'm only likely to miss one match before i get home
suprised that Kvitova vs Kanepi isnt 1st up as normally only 100 people are there for start of play

LudwigDvorak
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:44 PM
They're going to show Ginepri/Gonzalez instead of Elena? WHAT THE FUCK?

Chatrier hasn't been on the stream at all--how am I going to see Elena's match????

Uranium
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:45 PM
Elena before school:bounce:

DownTheLine21
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:46 PM
They're going to show Ginepri/Gonzalez instead of Elena? WHAT THE FUCK?

Chatrier hasn't been on the stream at all--how am I going to see Elena's match????

They'll probably cover it periodically, but they showed their lineup for tomorrow and Ginepri-Gonzalez was on it (Dementeiva-Zvonareva was not).

dybbuk
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:46 PM
So streams are continuing for the second week? I thought they only showed the first week last year.

DownTheLine21
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:47 PM
So streams are continuing for the second week? I thought they only showed the first week last year.

I'm not sure about the TTC streams, but I know for a fact that the ESPN360 streams are continuing tomorrow.

squig2k
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:48 PM
elena on centre court :) hope i can watch..

Dave.
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:52 PM
Maria vs Dinara was on Lenglen 2 years ago aswell so maybe they wanted the rematch to take place there. :shrug:

Anyway Lena is the most beautiful player and deserves the most people watching her. :hearts:

AndreConrad
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:53 PM
For some reason I got an impression while looking for live feeds that Lenglen is much more often broadcasted than Chatrier. It certainly holds true for the tennis channel.

mckyle.
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:57 PM

Please don't scare me.

I'll be very disappointed if the streams are gone.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:57 PM
Vera - Elena better than Maria - Dinara? :rolleyes:
In any case it's strange to put the number 1 not on CC.

ASP0315
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:59 PM
Well i assume the french too assumed that sharapova will lose and decided to put her in lenglin court.

I Guess ESPN got sharapova vs dinara's match which mean
TTC is covering Ginepri vs gonzalez followed by federer vs julian benneteu and ljubicic vs monfils.

faboozadoo15
Jun 1st, 2008, 06:05 PM
Damn, was hoping Sharapova would be on Chatrier. It's the faster court. Oh well though. She was 5-1 up in the third two years ago on Lenglen. SHe'll have to slam the door this time. She's a much better player these days, the form of her first two matches notwithstanding.

DragonFlame
Jun 1st, 2008, 06:22 PM
wierd order of play...:confused: awh well, as long as elena has the best chance to advance i don't care. Do it elena! :D

@Sweet Cleopatra
Jun 1st, 2008, 06:51 PM
thanks God bless Masha , i hope it'll be a good match

JAMESYBABY!
Jun 1st, 2008, 06:54 PM
thts just silly!!

DownTheLine21
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:05 PM
Well i assume the french too assumed that sharapova will lose and decided to put her in lenglin court.

I Guess ESPN got sharapova vs dinara's match which mean
TTC is covering Ginepri vs gonzalez followed by federer vs julian benneteu and ljubicic vs monfils.

Actually, Sharapova vs. Safina is on the TTC schedule for tomorrow.

debby
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:08 PM
In France, they just show the French when they are still there :tape: So I will have to watch Fedex-Benneteau and Monfils-Ljubicic :help: :bigcry:

V-MAC
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:41 PM
That is poor scheduling :tape: I hope Eurosport shows every point of the Maria/Dinara match

lola-b.
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:59 PM
Is the Eurosport programme the same in every country? In Germany, they will show tennis tomorrow from 11 am - 8.30 pm :bounce:

Coffee&TV
Jun 1st, 2008, 09:51 PM
Oh great! I wont see Maria's match :fiery:

47eggs
Jun 1st, 2008, 10:19 PM
I can understand why its been put on Lenglen. A typical spectator, who likes tennis but probably doesnt follow it very closely or has little knowledge about other players besides those in the limelight would hardly be thrilled by the schedule of play on Lenglen if, for example the Sharapova v Safina match was switched with one of the other womens matches. The fact that they are not able to watch a match with a countryman or woman participating is one thing, but without a big name like Sharapova in at least one of the matches would be pretty insulting for those who have forked out a lot of money for tickets.

If the Sharapova match was on Chatrier and switched with one of the other womens matches then the Chatrier shedule would be pretty amazing (mens and womens world number 1s and 2 French players) and the Lenglen shedule would be pretty bad for this stage in a tournament with no really big names and neither of the countrymen.

RenaSlam.
Jun 1st, 2008, 10:23 PM
Davai Safina. Davai!!

Dawson.
Jun 1st, 2008, 10:36 PM
i think they just wanna give the other girls a chance to play on centre

homogenius
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:16 PM
Dinara deserves to play in Chatrier. French politics:lol:

It'll be easier for her to play on the Lenglen against Maria, so it's a good thing actually.

Slutati
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:35 PM
Elena please win...you too Safina:)

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jun 2nd, 2008, 03:04 AM
Great i wont see masha losing :mad:

Wtatennis212
Jun 2nd, 2008, 03:05 AM
Monday should be a great day at Roland Garros. I'm waking up first thing in the morning to watch.

Predictions (http://protennisfans.blogspot.com)

Mikey.
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:28 AM
Here's the foxsports schedule: Featured matches on court tonight include Fernando Gonzalez (CHI) v Robby Ginepri (USA); Roger Federer (SUI) v Julien Benneteau (FRA); and Ivan Ljubicic (CRO) v Gael Monfils (FRA).

No WTA matches at all :sobbing: What the hell is wrong with them!? :smash:

Mikey.
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:33 AM
I mean come on... Gonzalez #24 seed playing some random, over Maria the #1 seed playing a huge match against Dinara :weirdo::silly::smash:

spiritedenergy
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:34 AM
Monday should be a great day at Roland Garros. I'm waking up first thing in the morning to watch.

Predictions (http://protennisfans.blogspot.com)

:weirdo::weirdo::weirdo:

did you understand yet that nobody cares about your blog and it is of poor quality? I could do it better:rolleyes:

fufuqifuqishahah
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:35 AM
Ginepri isn't random.... former USO SF

Mikey.
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:38 AM
Ginepri isn't random.... former USO SF

In 2005. :o

SoClose
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:19 AM
LENGLEN -Maria Sharapova (RUS)[1] v. Dinara Safina (RUS)[13] :eek: :o