PDA

View Full Version : Who Didn't See This Coming? (10) Schnyder Def. (27) Srebotnik 6-2, 6-4

lizchris
Jun 1st, 2008, 02:59 PM
:o :yawn:

Slutati
Jun 1st, 2008, 02:59 PM
Katarina:rolleyes::smash:

+/-
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:00 PM
Oh Kata..

hayleytrotter
Patty made the 4R last year (and was close to making the QFs), she is a capable clay court player. I was hoping it would be Kata though.

Poor kata :hug:

RenaSlam.
:tape:

Embarrassed that Serena lost to Srebotnik. She is a good player but looked like a 15 year old ball basher with little to no variety out there against Patty...

Congrats, Patty.

Patty v. Ana? I still think Ana is playing too well for a mental head case like Patty to take her out.

GO ANA.

Mikey.
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:01 PM
Oh Kata. :hug: That big win over Serena and now this. Nice tourney though :hug:

Well done patty. Good luck against Ana, you'll need it. :unsure: Ana is in smoking hot form.:drool::devil:

Dexter
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:01 PM
Kata. :help: Same as Flavia, what a chance blown. :tape:

TomasUli
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:02 PM
Pennetta and Srebotnik only ruined the draw by kicking out the Williams sisters :tape::tape:... it's always the same. A big underdog has a huge win.. then they lose on the next round. :rolleyes:

hankqq
I kind of expected Schnyder to beat Srebotnik. Patty is quite good on clay. This is just shows how bad of a day Serena really had on Friday...

Schnyder will be tough for Ivanovic to beat if Ana isn't focused. I like Patty, but now Ana must win!

RenaSlam.
Patty made the QFs last year, she is a capable clay court player. I was hoping it would be Kata though.

Wrong. Patty choked MPs away to Maria last year in the 4R.

As a Maria fan, you should remember that...:tape: :help:

MatchpointPRT
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:03 PM
Patty will win the French open... i´m starting to think that she realized that is her chance and maybe she is focused to win the tournament.

new-york
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:04 PM
Ju.:hug:

cool win for Patty, QF at RG is a nice feat.:hearts:

what if....:tape:

hayleytrotter
Wrong. Patty choked MPs away to Maria last year in the 4R.

As a Maria fan, you should remember that...:tape: :help:

Headdesk. I actually knew it was the 4r, i just typed QF. Which really... it should have been. but thats another story.

Anyways, she is capable on this surface.

vettipooh
Kata. :help: Same as Flavia, what a chance blown. :tape:

Same ole soup warmed over. :tape: Big congrats to Patty. :bounce:

gmokb
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:05 PM
I did, not surprise either of them lost after beating WS, normally do. :cool:

justine schnyder
Nice comments from you guys :worship:
It's a matter of match up you know.. If Kata beat Serena it doesn't mean she has to beat Patty as well.. Patty and Serena aren't playing in the smae style you know..

Patty!!!!! :woohoo: :D
I'm so happy for you! :D
Congrats for reaching the QF against after 10(!) years! :D :hug:

(Although I don't see her beating Ana :( )

Kata :hug: Still great tourny for you! :)

Mikey B
woo! go patty! not sure how much she can do agaisnt ana in this form, but she could cause her some trouble... good luck in the quarters next week..

G&R
good win patty

LefandePatty
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:06 PM
Why " :o :yawn: " ?

That was an exciting match, Patty played so good, I haven't seen her playing such a great match for a loooong time. :worship:

If she plays like this against Ana then Patty a great shot to reach the semis !

samsam4087
Well done Patty

matty
Congrats Patty!

Oneofakind0490
Expected. Kata is a choker and this is huge for her to simply make round 4 and even thinking about a QF is just to much for her. Patty did play a good match

V-MAC
:aparty: Patty :bounce: At least 2 players I like are still in with a shot of taking the title.

mr_burns
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:07 PM
really nice win, though I thought patty was in a slump (think back to Miami and Berlin...

tim2502
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:07 PM
Well done Patty!
She palys prettt good..

Zweli
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:08 PM
:bounce::bounce::bounce:I couldn't be happier ,both Giant Killers OUT!
Well done Patty,that shows u are not a mushroom.:wavey::wavey:Kattarina:wavey:Pennetta.

ZeroSOFInfinity
What do you know... both Srebotnik and Flavia lost today :tape:

The Williams Sisters got their revenge after all...

Freewoman33
Congrats to Patty, she's a really great player, especially on clay.

Keaka
Katarina again showed why she can't beat better players. I mean, all honour for beating Serena, she can do it and she will do it more often now, believe me. But today, she gifted the match to Schnyder. Schnyder did play great, but Srebotnik was really really bad. She didn't play like a ballbasher at all, total opposite. She gave midcourt shots to Schnyder and was serving really really bad. She hit about 10 forehands to 30 or more centimetres long. She served to the low part of the net all the time. Schnyder on the other side played an awesome match, really caused problems to Katarina. But Katarina should win here, but I doubt she could cope with it, seeing her play :help: Hope she gets more great results, cause she's really a top 15 capable player.

Hope Patty goes far now, even though Ivanovic is next for her. Well I guess she could win that, and then even Ana's out :( But I wouldn't mind if Schnyder wins here or be in the final :yeah:

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:09 PM
Patty made the 4R last year (and was close to making the QFs), she is a capable clay court player. I was hoping it would be Kata though.

Yes she is! Congrats Patty, Patty:kiss:! Kata :hug:

FORZA SARITA
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:09 PM
:bounce::bounce::bounce:I couldn't be happier ,both Giant Killers OUT!
Well done Patty,that shows u are not a mushroom.:wavey::wavey:Kattarina:wavey:Pennetta.

Serena and Venus:wavey:

Lunaris
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:10 PM
I saw only a point here and there in each game as I was following Djokovic's match more, but it looked like Srebotnik's backhand was completely destroyed by Patty's forehand moonballs. Some misses from Katarina's bh were wild.

Keaka
I kind of expected Schnyder to beat Srebotnik. Patty is quite good on clay. This is just shows how bad of a day Serena really had on Friday...

Schnyder will be tough for Ivanovic to beat if Ana isn't focused. I like Patty, but now Ana must win!

:o

RenaSlam.
Serena and Venus:wavey:

Best result Pennetta will ever have :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Fluke :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Emina.
expected:yeah:GL against Ana!

gmokb
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:11 PM
What do you know... both Srebotnik and Flavia lost today :tape:

The Williams Sisters got their revenge after all...

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce: although both Serena and Venus should be ashamed. Way to go Patty:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

squig2k
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:11 PM
go patty! itd wdve great to see her playing so solidly, such a fluent player when shes on.

FORZA SARITA
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:12 PM

oh yeah that's why she leads the H2H against Venus:lol:

Kim's_fan_4ever
Congrats Patty :D

Williams fans in here :spit:

Keaka
I saw only a point here and there in each game as I was following Djokovic's match more, but it looked like Srebotnik's backhand was completely destroyed by Patty's forehand moonballs. Some misses from Katarina's bh were wild.

Not just BH... forehand was even worse

Well, she could win this, but she didn't partly because of herself but a big part also because Schnyder played a match I doubt she played that good for a while now. :yeah: Her forehand spins were great :bolt:

hankqq
:o

and the problem is? I speak the truth...

Keaka
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:13 PM
:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce: although both Serena and Venus should be ashamed. Way to go Patty:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

:o Can't believe someone roots against a player that his fave lost against before. Srebotnik was better, face it. BETTER. And Pennetta was BETTER too.

TennisPlayingFox
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:13 PM
Congrats Patty! Good luck in the quarters! Too bad Kata...

C. Drone
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:16 PM
what a Patty! great play. :cool:

-VSR-
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:16 PM
Oh my. Can never back up a win after beating a Williams. Pathetic. :o

Lunaris
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:17 PM

Well, she could win this, but she didn't partly because of herself but a big part also because Schnyder played a match I doubt she played that good for a while now. :yeah: Her forehand spins were great :bolt:
Okay, as I wrote I didn't pay much attention to this match.

Willam
Good patty :yeah:

Keaka
and the problem is? I speak the truth...

Oh, me too. Srebotnik and Pennetta were WAY BETTER. That's why they WON. And Srebotnik was better before against Serena, in their match in Charleston. Pennetta is gonna have more big wins and Srebotnik too, face it. :banana:

jujufreak
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:18 PM
This is just shows how bad of a day Serena really had on Friday...

This just shows what a bad claycourt player Serena is and how delusional people were if they thought she was a title contender

Keaka
Okay, as I wrote I didn't pay much attention to this match.

Yeah I knoe ;)

Escape
Congrats Patty :)
Good luck against Ana

Zweli
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:20 PM
Pennetta & Kattarina ,as soon as they saw the draw ,they focused on the Williamses game and forgot other players ,served them damn right.They don't look like Grand Slam Winners anyway,they only managed to get FLUKE WINNERS hahahaaaaaaaa.May be they can manage Grand Slam Winners in 300 years to come.Bless them.

switz
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:20 PM

yeah Flavia fluked two straight wins over Venus. Also fluked those wins over Henin and Hingis she's had.

tucker1989
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:22 PM
I thought Patty played a fantastic match. Especially in the first set, her forehand was on fire, and her serve was also quite effective today. Too bad for Kata, because she is such a nice person, but she just had an off day. Good luck against Ana, Patty!

zveeen
well done Patty :)

TennisFanForever
Kataaaaaaa :bigcry:

why ousting Serena to lose in doubles R2 and being crushed by Patty? :mad:

Congrats Patty though, finally a RG quarter final again :yeah: When I think anyone on this forum wanted you to retire... :rolleyes:

Keaka
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:23 PM
Pennetta & Kattarina ,as soon as they saw the draw ,they focused on the Williamses game and forgot other players ,served them damn right.They don't look like Grand Slam Winners anyway,they only managed to get FLUKE WINNERS hahahaaaaaaaa.May be they can manage Grand Slam Winners in 300 years to come.Bless them.

Well, they won against Williams sisters and they will again in the years and months to come. 2 facts ;)

yeah Flavia fluked two straight wins over Venus. Also fluked those wins over Henin and Hingis she's had.

Yeah, Flavia fluked her whole career!!11 ;)

Zweli
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:23 PM
Believe It And Live With It.

Olórin
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:24 PM
This just shows what a bad claycourt player Serena is and how delusional people were if they thought she was a title contender

:yawn: Must be useful having the same record on repeat in your head. Saves needing to actually think I guess.

Not a shock really, Patty is a superior player to Srebotnik. I didn't think her form had been that great all tournament, pretty solid but that's about it. She was playing better in Charleston, if she'd beaten Serena there, I think she might have got to the final.

vettipooh
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:24 PM

Not as delusional as those of us that thought Justine would be at this year's FO. :tape: :lol:

switz
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:26 PM
in any event i did expect Patty to win this mainly because Srebotnik has never gone deep in a slam and there's was the inevitable come down to deal with after her win over Serena.

If Ivanovic is hitting cleanly Patty has no chance but if she's a little error prone then Patty has ever chance (even if Ana follows JR advice :tape: )

it's nice to see Patty finally back in the RG quarters after 10 years. Although it's a sad as well to think back on how much i loved her in 1998 before all the other crap had got into her life. I have little doubt if that natural talent was nurtured properly that she would have made at least a final here at some point and maybe even taken a title at some point. Maybe there will be some freak occurrence and it will happen this year. Will not hold my breath :o

It's quite disturbing to think it's been 10 years since she was last in the quarters - where did that time go??? i was 13 :lol:

Zweli
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:27 PM
oh yeah that's why she leads the H2H against Venus:lol:

Yeah, against ailing Venus who is OFF FORM right now,that's why she celebrated as if she had won a Slam:lol::lol:

jonny84
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:27 PM
Shame that both Williams's conquerors go out soon after. :shrug:
Patty in a slam quarter final again! :yeah:

Keaka
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:28 PM
Believe It And Live With It.

I believe it, but I don't need to live with it, cause I have million other things in my life. And some people like you will just be thinking about that Serena match and be mean to people, because that's the only thing that happened in their life in the last 10 years.

RenaSlam.
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:28 PM
in any event i did expect Patty to win this mainly because Srebotnik has never gone deep in a slam and there's was the inevitable come down to deal with after her win over Serena.

If Ivanovic is hitting cleanly Patty has no chance but if she's a little error prone then Patty has ever chance (even if Ana follows JR advice :tape: )

it's nice to see Patty finally back in the RG quarters after 10 years. Although it's a sad as well to think back on how much i loved her in 1998 before all the other crap had got into her life. I have little doubt if that natural talent was nurtured properly that she would have made at least a final here at some point and maybe even taken a title at some point. Maybe there will be some freak occurrence and it will happen this year. Will not hold my breath :o

Please do.

hankqq
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:29 PM
Oh, me too. Srebotnik and Pennetta were WAY BETTER. That's why they WON. And Srebotnik was better before against Serena, in their match in Charleston. Pennetta is gonna have more big wins and Srebotnik too, face it. :banana:

They were better on Friday, because neither Serena nor Venus played well. Simple as that. Pennetta is better than Srebotnik so I give her more credit. I'm much more surprised about Pennetta's loss. Srebotnik had the win of her life the other day and good for her, since she's a nice girl. Obviously if Serena won in Charleston she was better there too. In general I shouldn't even have to explain this...:p

Yes, that's why Serena won the FO, Rome, Charleston and made other finals, semifinals and quarterfinals at important clay events...:rolleyes:

Il Primo!
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:30 PM
WD Patty!:)
Kata :hug:

Keaka
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:30 PM

Schnyder :yeah: I kinda hope for a final here for her, even though Ivanovics on the way... Ivanovic has many years left, Schnyder would deserve the win on the claycourt GS :D

roxi
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:31 PM
Bravo Patty!!! Win the whole thing!!!!

Elwin.
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:32 PM
Patty :bounce:

Zweli
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:34 PM
Well, they won against Williams sisters and they will again in the years and months to come. 2 facts ;)

Yeah, Flavia fluked her whole career!!11 ;)

YEAH THEY JUST WANTED TO GRAB THE HEADLINES ,NOW THEY GO DOWN AS THEY HAVE DONE NOTHING ,JUST A WIN AGAINST THE UNDISPUTED CHAMPIONS.they are just NOT GOOD ENOUGH.:lol::lol::lol:

hankqq
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:34 PM
I do like Patty and hope if Ana can't reach the final, she or Jelena will...

anyway, Srebotnik's a great girl and is a good, but not great player. I'm not surprised Patty beat her because Patty is in general better than her.

Keaka
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:35 PM
[QUOTE=hankqq;13290450]They were better on Friday, because neither Serena nor Venus played well. Simple as that. Pennetta is better than Srebotnik so I give her more credit. I'm much more surprised about Pennetta's loss. Srebotnik had the win of her life the other day and good for her, since she's a nice girl. Obviously if Serena won in Charleston she was better there too. In general I shouldn't even have to explain this...:p

Ok, great! I don't care, both have still done so much more than anyone of you people in this thread and will have so many great results following this week. i'm really sorry for people who try to put other people (people that have done so much more) down. Get to top 20 and then talk :D

Marshmallow
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:36 PM
Patty's first FO Quarter final since 1998!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana: Well done Patty, so happy for her. Gains some points after last years disappointments, and has recovered from her foot issue. I don't expect anything Big from her against 'Rickets' in the quarters, but give it your best Patty. Clay is YOUR home! :D

Kata :hug: It's such a shame, because i'm not sure if she's ever made a slam quater-final. Beating Serena (who was not injured or physically unable) though will probably be a career highlight, so that's something to hold on to. She's playing better this year, and I hope she can just keep on going up.

Zweli
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:37 PM

This shows that Serena and Venus are NOT MOLES.:lol::lol::lol:

hankqq
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:41 PM
[QUOTE=hankqq;13290450]They were better on Friday, because neither Serena nor Venus played well. Simple as that. Pennetta is better than Srebotnik so I give her more credit. I'm much more surprised about Pennetta's loss. Srebotnik had the win of her life the other day and good for her, since she's a nice girl. Obviously if Serena won in Charleston she was better there too. In general I shouldn't even have to explain this...:p

Ok, great! I don't care, both have still done so much more than anyone of you people in this thread and will have so many great results following this week. i'm really sorry for people who try to put other people (people that have done so much more) down. Get to top 20 and then talk :D

OMG that is always the most pathetic comeback. I could always say "why don't you get to top 10 and win multiple slams before you diss Serena and Venus?" but that would be a stupid thing to say too. This isn't about me and how I play this site is all about WTA tennis...:rolleyes: WOW

I never said anything mean about Srebotnik, you're just overly sensitive for no reason-get over it buddy! :wavey:

justine schnyder
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:41 PM

Finally nice words from a dissapointed fan :yeah:
Some of the comments here are just pathetic.

:o Can't believe someone roots against a player that his fave lost against before. Srebotnik was better, face it. BETTER. And Pennetta was BETTER too.
Yep.
Schnyder :yeah: I kinda hope for a final here for her, even though Ivanovics on the way... Ivanovic has many years left, Schnyder would deserve the win on the claycourt GS :D

Hope is good, but don't hold your breath for it :(

Marshmallow
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:42 PM

Of course she was a title contender, she was there in the draw, in the tournament playing. And she's going to go on contending titles for a while yet. I'm just so happy she's not a quitter like some other folk, doesn't run away from challenges. Many Many better days to come. Her fans will survive and recover. :D

hankqq
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:43 PM
Of course she was a title contender, she was there in the draw, in the tournament playing. And she's going to go on contending titles for a while yet. I'm just so happy she's not a quitter like some other folk, doesn't run away from challenges. Many Many better days to come. Her fans will survive and recover. :D

jujufreak OMG :o how can you say Serena or Venus aren't contenders? WOW...:o

Keaka
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:44 PM
[QUOTE=WatchOut;13290532]

OMG that is always the most pathetic comeback. I could always say "why don't you get to top 10 and win multiple slams before you diss Serena and Venus?" but that would be a stupid thing to say too. This isn't about me and how I play this site is all about WTA tennis...:rolleyes: WOW

I never said anything mean about Srebotnik, you're just overly sensitive for no reason-get over it buddy! :wavey:

I never said anything about Serena and Venus, they're awesome.

I know I won't be top 10. I'll be good in something else, cause I'll get somewhere, people can't get nowhere with being mean. And you said bad things about Srebotnik. I don't care about it though. Sorry if I ofended you with something, but that's my opinion :shrug:

switz
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:49 PM
Please do.

ouch :o

hankqq
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:52 PM
I never said anything about Serena and Venus, they're awesome.

I know I won't be top 10. I'll be good in something else, cause I'll get somewhere, people can't get nowhere with being mean. And you said bad things about Srebotnik. I don't care about it though. Sorry if I ofended you with something, but that's my opinion :shrug:

Why would I be offended? There's nothing to be offended at. We just obviously don't agree here, and I'm expressing my opinion the same way you are. I never said "bad things" about Srebotnik, just that I don't think she's a great player-good but not great. I would have been shocked if Patty lost to her. Peace! :)

Matt01
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:54 PM
Nice to see Patty back where she belongs: Top 8 at RG and on clay :)

Serena definately was a contender for the title, Venus is debatable considering her latest results...

starin
Jun 1st, 2008, 04:17 PM

u're joking right???? She has WON the FO and won a Tier I clay event this year.
That's more than justine can says she ever did at the Wimbledon in her entire career.

lol come on this was so expected. If Srebotnik had never beaten Serena this is the result most people would expect against Patty Schnyder. The only reason Srebotnik made it this far was Serena was just awful. Anyone who thought otherwise was jsut being delusional.

but this ain't about Serena. :worship: Patty finally back to the QF at RG. too bad she drew Ana next. But i mean kudos for finally using an opportunity when it's given to her. I half expected her to choke another chance away. I guess that foot really did feel much better after Serena lost??? lol

Beat
Jun 1st, 2008, 04:25 PM
10 years after her first QF at RG, patty does it again :yeah:

bring on ivanovic :devil:

Dave.
Jun 1st, 2008, 04:47 PM
Well done Patty! 1st French singles QF since 1998. It's amazing that with her game it's been 10 years but at least she did it.

Shoulderpova
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:01 PM
Patty :cool:
Please do it!

Hashim.
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:21 PM
great:woohoo:

kata:hug:

Michael!
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:30 PM
Finally a good tournament from Patty :bounce:
As I said, she´s still dangerous on clay!
Good luck against Ivanovic ;)

Boreas
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:43 PM
Never in doubt after seeing first game in first set:o.
Kata should improve or change her backhand. It was painful to watch, how Schnyder completely destroyed her with spins

jujufreak
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:49 PM

in Paris? Ivanovic, Kuznetsova, Jankovic, ... , Schnyder, Srebotnik are all able to beat the Williams sisters on red clay, so no, I never believed they would get the trophy from Justine ;)

jujufreak
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:55 PM
u're joking right???? She has WON the FO and won a Tier I clay event this year.
That's more than justine can says she ever did at the Wimbledon in her entire career.

So, was Conchita Martinez a title contender at Wimbledon at the end of the nineties, just because she won the title in '94? I don't think so. Green clay isn't red clay, so the Charleston title doesn't mean that much.

This isn't about Justine, but she reached the final of Wimbledon twice and won three titles on grass, her final in 2001 wasn't a lucky coincidence, which might be said about Serena reaching the RG final in '02.

starin
Jun 1st, 2008, 06:01 PM
So, was Conchita Martinez a title contender at Wimbledon at the end of the nineties, just because she won the title in '94? I don't think so. Green clay isn't red clay, so the Charleston title doesn't mean that much.

This isn't about Justine, but she reached the final of Wimbledon twice and won three titles on grass, her final in 2001 wasn't a lucky coincidence, which might be said about Serena reaching the RG final in '02.

lucky coincidence??? lol. whatever....i think you got hatervision blinding your vision atm.

Expat
Jun 1st, 2008, 06:04 PM
serena beat pierce and capriati the previous two years winners on route to the final
she may not be a natural claycourter but she is definitely a factor on clay
i can understand if you say venus 2002 run was a fluke
but not serena she totally deserved to win that year
unlike someone who won her first slam by cheating and then retiring when the going got tough

Patty Choker
Jun 1st, 2008, 06:11 PM
PATTY'S THE GREATESThttp://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg133/ertyrwryw/big-1.gif

gmak
Jun 1st, 2008, 06:12 PM
kata :( :o :sad: i knew this would happen

great tourney though :hug:

jujufreak
Jun 1st, 2008, 06:16 PM
lucky coincidence??? lol. whatever....i think you got hatervision blinding your vision atm.

you didn't respond to my remark about Conchita... with reason, I presume :)

I don't hate Serena, I respect her, it's just a fact that she has reached the RG final "only" once and she hasn't been a threat in Paris the past couple of years, so I don't understand why that would have been different this year. Of course all the people who thought she'd beat Justine last year in Paris, thought she'd win the whole thing this year :) but that's because they're a bit delusional

Matt01
Jun 1st, 2008, 06:19 PM
serena beat pierce and capriati the previous two years winners on route to the final
unlike someone who won her first slam by cheating and then retiring when the going got tough

Until that last part, that was actually a very nice and reasonable post :rolleyes:

*Jean*
Jun 1st, 2008, 06:21 PM
Allez Patty :D

jujufreak
Jun 1st, 2008, 06:22 PM

why is she definitely a factor on clay?

all she has is one final and one SF (and three QF's if you want to add those) in Paris

I just checked the tournaments she won... Charleston was only the third tournament she won on clay, the other two being Rome and the French Open, both in 2002.

Are those really the results you expect from someone who's a factor on clay?

*Jool*
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:01 PM
:hysteric:
this happening vs Patty could noty have been worse :weirdo:
since I left RG , all my faves are losing :tape: lol
Ju.:hug:

cool win for Patty, QF at RG is a nice feat.:hearts:

what if....:tape:

:hug: Mal' - and (ooch that hurts ) "congrats for Patty :kiss: " (I only say it for you ;) )

:hug:

sasha&tennis
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:14 PM
I had a feeling that this would happen but I really thought that pennetta could have went a little futher.

Expat
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:19 PM
why is she definitely a factor on clay?

all she has is one final and one SF (and three QF's if you want to add those) in Paris

I just checked the tournaments she won... Charleston was only the third tournament she won on clay, the other two being Rome and the French Open, both in 2002.

Are those really the results you expect from someone who's a factor on clay?
some people are consistent and some are not
but based on that you cant say if someone is a factor or not
henin is a factor on all surfaces and so is serena
but consistency only makes you go far
maria due to her mental strength goes deep on clay and has a semi in the FO but that doesnt mean she is someone good on clay

Zweli
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:28 PM
I believe it, but I don't need to live with it, cause I have million other things in my life. And some people like you will just be thinking about that Serena match and be mean to people, because that's the only thing that happened in their life in the last 10 years.

That makes you sound soo foolish for the fact that you are responding to the stupid posts and yet you claim to have life ,contradicting yourself are you ?Mrs,Miss ,Mr or no identity.

Shimizu Amon
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:28 PM
I'm dissapointed, I really hoped that Srebotnik would win. I think her chances beating Ivanovic were better than Schnyder beating Ivanovic.

Wtatennis212
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:29 PM
I saw it coming yesterday for sure. Patty Schnyder is underrated (http://protennisfans.blogspot.com).

BEEILOVEYA
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:39 PM
HAHA, I love it when my fellow Slovenian people shut other bitches down.

Anyways, this was a bad match for Kata. I can't be angry at her though, she played a great tournament.

Dodoboy.
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:58 PM
Patty has some bad talent.

I just wish she had another player in QF.

She has to lose here :devil:

To be honest if Serena got past Kata, beating Patty would not be a certainty at all.

Flavia and Kata :sad: Bastards :sobbing:

iPatty
Jun 1st, 2008, 08:56 PM
First slam quarterfinal in over two years, first RG quarterfinal in ten years, finally doesn't choke in a 4R match.

WELL DONE PATTY! :yeah:

So proud of her, I am so excited for the QF, she has a great chance.

Beat
Jun 1st, 2008, 09:01 PM
I think her chances beating Ivanovic were better than Schnyder beating Ivanovic.

h2h:
schnyder - ivanovic: 4 - 3 (schnyder won the first 4, ivanovic the last 3)
srebotnik - ivanovic: 0 - 4

SvetaPleaseWin.
Jun 1st, 2008, 09:07 PM
good to see Patty taking her chances for once :yeah:

hope she beats Ana :devil:

Coffee&TV
Jun 1st, 2008, 10:30 PM
Wow Patty! :devil:

Emina.
Jun 1st, 2008, 10:32 PM
GO PATTY! :devil:

iPatty
Jun 1st, 2008, 10:40 PM
After watching the first set, all I have to say is...

LOOK OUT ANA. :devil:

Pasta-Na
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:14 AM
patty's hair :woohoo:

PLP
Jun 2nd, 2008, 02:58 AM
Patty will win the French open... i´m starting to think that she realized that is her chance and maybe she is focused to win the tournament.

I Know! :eek:

She actually looks like she WANTS to win out there, LOL, but it's true.
She could definitely hurt Ana, Patty is moving exquisitely on the clay, I think that match is a total toss-up at this point.

DownTheLine21
Jun 2nd, 2008, 03:01 AM
I Know! :eek:

She actually looks like she WANTS to win out there, LOL, but it's true.
She could definitely hurt Ana, Patty is moving exquisitely on the clay, I think that match is a total toss-up at this point.

I agree. I haven't seen such determination and intensity from her in years.

morningglory
Jun 2nd, 2008, 03:13 AM
:lol:
Ppl are surprised that Patty looked like she wanted to win? :lol:
What this says about her attitude most of the time... :tape:

DownTheLine21
Jun 2nd, 2008, 03:28 AM
:lol:
Ppl are surprised that Patty looked like she wanted to win? :lol:
What this says about her attitude most of the time... :tape:

That it's been poor and indifferent for a few years now.

Pasta-Na
Jun 2nd, 2008, 03:32 AM
pls win the trophy, patty's hair :rocker2:

karimcartoon
Jun 2nd, 2008, 03:47 AM
Not really shocking. Serena is one of the most over-rated and under-rated players. Her losing to someone can mean nothing except that she played badly. Congrats for Patty. Maybe Semifinals? She certainly deserves it.

frontier
Jun 2nd, 2008, 03:50 AM
Its same old story ,Srebotnik focused all her energy into beating Serena and lost the next match.Its same old s... year in year out.:rolleyes:

young_gunner913
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:44 AM
Congrats to Patty! Take out Ana! :devil:

ram357
Jun 2nd, 2008, 08:21 PM
Are there any pics from this match? I think Patty looked awesome!!