PDA

View Full Version : Pennetta and Srebotnik....Williams Beaters

bertoltbrecht
Jun 1st, 2008, 12:57 PM
Statement to the board. Why is it that these girls, journeywomen, whatever you wish to call them play their hearts out when a Williams is across the net, yet when it is someone else, they wilt like wallflowers? Expect Srebotnik to fold next. Venus and Serena you should be ashamed of yourselves. This is from a staunch Williams supporter. I also feel like whatever motivation Venus had it burst after Serena's loss. Even in Serena's press conference there was no belief that Venus would do well. Hell, if you don't want to be there (French Open) then keep your ass at home!:mad:

Lolo8
Jun 1st, 2008, 01:26 PM
I read somewhere that after Penetta beat Venus she celebrated as if she just won a slam. I'v often noticed myself that averge girls will come out and be aggressive and play the match of their lives against the sisters. From the get go even when Serena played that woman in the second round Johansson she came out swinging. Venus in Serena should know by now that they just can't wait and raise the level of their games when they get to the second week. They have to be prepared from the first round. I blame them both because they seem delusional and in denail about their games. They need a new coach and come into a tournament with better preparation. They play like they just came from a party or fashion show.:o

lizchris
Jun 1st, 2008, 01:29 PM
Well, Pennetta must have celebrated too much because she got knoced out by a qualifier today. And it wasn't even a contest:o.

Zweli
Jun 1st, 2008, 01:37 PM
Pennetta can continue celebrating can't she? Her teeth might feel heavier nwo.

Dodoboy.
Jun 1st, 2008, 01:38 PM
Mathilde Johanson even had her super-hero moment in R2.

All of a sudden winners all over the place.

Even when i play better players, or players i know have accomplished a lot, i kick it up a gear. It is something you have to do.

Darop.
Jun 1st, 2008, 01:39 PM
I read somewhere that after Penetta beat Venus she celebrated as if she just won a slam.

Source? :rolleyes:

Natash.
Jun 1st, 2008, 01:40 PM
Mathilde Johanson even had her super-hero moment in R2.

All of a sudden winners all over the place.

Even when i play better players, or players i know have accomplished a lot, i kick it up a gear. It is something you have to do.

That's how Johansson plays actually. :lol: Saw her match against Pin and she goes for everything.

Carla Suarez Navarro is an unknown to most except the Chinese Fed Cup team anyways.

Dexter
Jun 1st, 2008, 01:41 PM
Pennetta didn't celebrate more than Carla after winning over Casey Dellacqua of all people.

Derek.
Jun 1st, 2008, 01:44 PM
Pennetta didn't celebrate more than Carla after winning over Casey Dellacqua of all people.

I think Carla was celebrating more over being in the 4R than beating Casey. :lol:

-VSR-
Jun 1st, 2008, 02:10 PM
This is so true. It's pretty pathetic, these girls will never win a slam in their lifetime but a win of Venus or Serena will get them by. Have fun. :wavey:

Darop.
Jun 1st, 2008, 02:16 PM
This is so true. It's pretty pathetic, these girls will never win a slam in their lifetime but a win of Venus or Serena will get them by. Have fun. :wavey:

Funny/ridiculous how alot of people just think of the whole WTA Tour as top 10 and slams.

jacobruiz
Jun 1st, 2008, 02:16 PM
Well, I wish that Serena would play like she did against Katarina or a number of lesser players when she plays Maria instead of playing like her life depended on it! :p

Dodoboy.
Jun 1st, 2008, 02:28 PM
Williams beaters are losing :rolls:

Kuti Kis&Monica
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:25 PM
Williams Sisters have been practicing in Paris the whole week before the tournament twice a day. They were well prepared, committed & serious. Obviously, players now give their best when they know they're playing them. But please, stop saying things like "Venus wasn't concerned" because it definitely was not the case.

meyerpl
Jun 1st, 2008, 04:34 PM
I read somewhere that after Penetta beat Venus she celebrated as if she just won a slam.Naturally. A young boxer will be elated after beating a former champion, even if the champ is well past his prime.

new-york
Jun 1st, 2008, 04:38 PM
Well, at least they'll leave the tournament with a good win.

starin
Jun 1st, 2008, 04:41 PM
Funny/ridiculous how alot of people just think of the whole WTA Tour as top 10 and slams.

Every player comes on tour to win slams and be in the top 10. only journeywoman don't want to make the top 10 and do well at slams. And the only reason they don't want it is cuz they know they're not good enough to make it. ohhh wait I guess Pennetta and Srebotnik fall into that category.

canuckfan
Jun 1st, 2008, 04:46 PM
Every player comes on tour to win slams and be in the top 10. only journeywoman don't want to make the top 10 and do well at slams. And the only reason they don't want it is cuz they know they're not good enough to make it. ohhh wait I guess Pennetta and Srebotnik fall into that category.

Yes, and so what?

Because being the 30th best in the world at your job is such a bad thing... :rolleyes:

Darop.
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:16 PM

That just makes 0 sense, and is contrary to any sort of logic.
And I forgot you were a major sports psychologist and know exactly what's going through Flavia and Kata's minds.

:smash:

dybbuk
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:23 PM

Of course every player wants to win Slams. It's annoying when fans of players who have won Slams/Top 10/etc. put down the less successful players though. While WTAWorld bashes these girls for never competing for GOAT status, most of these girls are perfectly happy with a top 50 career. You don't have to win a Slam to have a successful career, regardless of what WTAWorld thinks. :shrug:

Keaka
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:26 PM
Of course every player wants to win Slams. It's annoying when fans of players who have won Slams/Top 10/etc. put down the less successful players though. While WTAWorld bashes these girls for never competing for GOAT status, most of these girls are perfectly happy with a top 50 career. You don't have to win a Slam to have a successful career, regardless of what WTAWorld thinks. :shrug:

Well said :D

They have both done so much that they can live off it

starin
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:31 PM

i'm not putting them down. they're good players. The person said the whole WTA isn't about the top 10 and slams. and that's not true. That's the dream of every single player on tour. They want to be in th top 10 and win a slam or at least do something significant at a slam. Every player on tour wants that. And no i'm not in Pennetta's head but I would be shocked if someone came to her and said I'll give you the FO if you turn over all your titles and your current ranking and she turned it down.

meyerpl
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:33 PM
Of course every player wants to win Slams. It's annoying when fans of players who have won Slams/Top 10/etc. put down the less successful players though. While WTAWorld bashes these girls for never competing for GOAT status, most of these girls are perfectly happy with a top 50 career. You don't have to win a Slam to have a successful career, regardless of what WTAWorld thinks. :shrug:I completely agree. How many of us are able to say we're doing what we love for a living and being well paid for it? Who are we to deride any professional tennis player?

Darop.
Jun 1st, 2008, 10:18 PM
i'm not putting them down. they're good players. The person said the whole WTA isn't about the top 10 and slams. and that's not true. That's the dream of every single player on tour. They want to be in th top 10 and win a slam or at least do something significant at a slam. Every player on tour wants that. And no i'm not in Pennetta's head but I would be shocked if someone came to her and said I'll give you the FO if you turn over all your titles and your current ranking and she turned it down.

You said that "journeywoman" like Kata and Flavia don't want to go far in slams because they know they can't.

That's the most retarded bs I've ever heard, especially considering they're both comfortably in the top 30.

debopero
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:46 PM
too bad otherwise they're losers :(
Sorry just venting :tears:

DemWilliamsGulls
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:48 PM
I watched both matches...well if they beat a legendary williams sister...thats an accomplishment because too many people dont beat them and its slim to non when they are playing their best...moreso none ;) But I dont think Pennetta and Srebotnik game was ascended to the level of Vee and Rene, but moreso that their game descended to theirs and below. Lookin at the match Venus and Serena could have taken them out easily in straight sets...but you have days when you dont play well and for Venus, she's had a lot of those days since 2003. But when their level goes back to where what we are use to seeing thats when they win. Congrats to the 2 who beat them, I dont see neither of them winning the tournament but best luck to them.

Becool
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:54 AM
let them be happy

its not like they will beat serena again...

Pasta-Na
Jun 2nd, 2008, 01:01 AM
poor flavia and kata :hug: u girls shouldnt have defeated W's sisters :p see, like a recruitment of haters :lol:

Dave.
Jun 2nd, 2008, 01:08 AM
What a stupid point the OP is making. Pennetta and Srebotnik have had comfortable singles careers and just because they didn't win a slam as a teenager doesn't mean they can't have success. They both had huge opportunities to make names for themselves by beating a Williams sister, and they both took them.

Most players get more intense and even care more about a match against a better player. Look at Venus at Wimbledon. She has lost to Sprem and a before-peak Jankovic, and was close to losing to Kudryavtseva. Yet she is unbeaten against Davenport and Sharapova there.

xan
Jun 2nd, 2008, 01:09 AM
It's the same with Maria.

Many players know they're never going to win a slam, but if they can get a win over a famous slam champion, they have something to get them into the papers for a week, and they can tell their grandchildren how they beat a GS Champ.

iPatty
Jun 2nd, 2008, 01:21 AM
:weirdo: thread.

A bunch of (still) bitter Williams fans re-assuring each other that Flavia and Katarina suck and will never accomplish anything in tennis while rubbing the accomplishments (once again) of Venus and Serena to the fans of those players. Nice, you guys. The funny part is, none of you can seem to comprehend simple logic, especially manatee. I don't think I've ever seen such a dumb person on this forum, can you not see more than one thing at a time? Good grief...

vettipooh
Jun 2nd, 2008, 01:24 AM
Well, at least they'll leave the tournament with a good win.

No. They will leave the tournament with disappointment in their performance, and a 4th rd consolation prize check.:p

DA FOREHAND
Jun 2nd, 2008, 01:30 AM
I completely agree. How many of us are able to say we're doing what we love for a living and being well paid for it? Who are we to deride any professional tennis player?

I agree %100.

I envy them, but I never feel sorry for them. I'd be on the tour if I could make the same money i'm making now.:wavey::angel:

Lindsayfan32
Jun 2nd, 2008, 01:55 AM
I don't know much about either of them but I love anyone who beats a Williams sister early at a slam.

starin
Jun 2nd, 2008, 02:19 AM
:weirdo: thread.

A bunch of (still) bitter Williams fans re-assuring each other that Flavia and Katarina suck and will never accomplish anything in tennis while rubbing the accomplishments (once again) of Venus and Serena to the fans of those players. Nice, you guys. The funny part is, none of you can seem to comprehend simple logic, especially manatee. I don't think I've ever seen such a dumb person on this forum, can you not see more than one thing at a time? Good grief...

well i wasn't sure that they sucked so it was nice to see that they really do.

DemWilliamsGulls
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:52 AM
Penetta lost already what about the other girl...I'm not taking anything away from them..they just dont have a grand slam game from watching them play the other day...

frontier
Jun 2nd, 2008, 06:14 AM
they are just spoilers thats all,like jj,craybas,pironkova,sesil and katarina

karimcartoon
Jun 2nd, 2008, 06:43 AM
sorry, this sounds pointless. I used to act like this when i was like 11 or 12. Lets' be mature.

-Sonic-
Jun 2nd, 2008, 09:10 AM
Excuses, Bitching, Victim Mentality, Moaning, Snide Comments, Putting down other players.... All normal for the couple of days after someone's beaten a Williams sister.

Tossers.

serenus_2k8
Jun 2nd, 2008, 09:40 AM
I'm not bothered by their loss anymore, they both have more slams than the other players on tour and are still better players (no offence) than who they lost to, but its easy to 4get that Flavia and Katarina have fans too, and a win like that is great for them so just leave them be :wavey:

Elldee
Jun 2nd, 2008, 09:52 AM
Naturally. A young boxer will be elated after beating a former champion, even if the champ is well past his prime.

Ha.