PDA

View Full Version : Carla Suárez Navarro from RG quarterfinals to Wimbledon qualies in 2 weeks time!

spiceboy
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:41 AM
Will the Brits give her a WC? :tape:

Same happened with Marta Marrero in 2000, she made the QF here and then had to play qualies in Wimbly (and lost in 2nd round Q there :lol:)

oliverbecken
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:46 AM
Will the Brits give her a WC? :tape:

Same happened with Marta Marrero in 2000, she made the QF here and then had to play qualies in Wimbly (and lost in 2nd round Q there :lol:)

I don´t think so, Emi!:o

Maybe her georgeous backhand make wonders...:lol:

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:52 AM
top 50 player playing Wimby qualies

i doubt they'll give her a WC
unless the Spanish TA gives another Brit probably a MD WC into TMS Madrid :spit:

jonny84
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:53 AM
Doubt Wimbledon will give Carla a WC. But she wil be top seed for qualifying.
Just looked at her stats - she is yet to play a match on grass :eek: :eek:

Dexter
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:54 AM
I expect her to lose in qualies. :tape:

SUPER
Jun 1st, 2008, 12:00 PM
Please don't jinx her:lol:

She's still making the shift from ITFs to the WTAs, ok she's having a terrific run here, but don't expect her to win much main draw matches all of a sudden, she's not Ivanovic and her game has a lot to evolve yet. She will need time to be a consistent top 50, I think she will drop of the radar for most of this year and perhaps the next. Best of luck Carla, you play real tennis!!:worship:

mckyle.
Jun 1st, 2008, 12:03 PM
Oh dear :o I would hate to see her on grass :o Fun to watch on clay though :D

Bette_Midler
Jun 1st, 2008, 12:52 PM
good luck Carla :kiss:

young_gunner913
Jun 1st, 2008, 12:58 PM
I expect her to lose in qualies. :tape:

Same here. :tape::help:

sd3300123
Jun 1st, 2008, 01:02 PM
I don`t think she can make through the qulify

Dave.
Jun 1st, 2008, 01:14 PM
She should miss Wimbledon.

Is she playing Barcelona? (I assume so)

Emiel Goelen
Jun 1st, 2008, 01:15 PM
Same here. :tape::help:

Same here.
Everybody will be hoping to draw the first seed in quallies :help: :lol:

markhingis
Jun 1st, 2008, 01:17 PM
the same was with Aga Radwanska, who had to play Dubai qualies, although her ranking was high enough to get MD entry.

Привет
Jun 1st, 2008, 01:31 PM
If she's never played a match on grass as someone said, then she shouldn't exactly be awarded a MDWC. :shrug:

StephenUK
Jun 1st, 2008, 01:34 PM
I still think she should be given a wild card. It seems a bit ridiculous that a top 50 player and grand slam quarter-finalist should not be given this favour, even if she is inexperienced on grass. I imagine she will ask for one but it is a question of who she will be up against:
4 will definitely go to these Brits - O'Brien, Baltacha, South, Cavaday
1 will go to junior Wimbledon winner - U Radwanska
That leaves 3 left to be divided amongst other Brits such as Borwell, Fitzpatrick, Stoop, Elliott etc and other contenders - Samantha Stosur is a good bet and I would expect like former semi-finalists Dokic and Stevenson and quarter-finalist Sprem may be on that list.
I think Carla has a better chance than Marrero because fewer WCs get given to Brits these days - in those days at most 2 and usually only 1 went to a foreign player.

spiceboy
Jun 1st, 2008, 01:40 PM
If she's never played a match on grass as someone said, then she shouldn't exactly be awarded a MDWC. :shrug:

How many up and coming teenagers who have been never ranked enough to play Wimbledon qualies have played on grass? You talk like there are hundreds of grass tournaments out there to play :rolleyes: