PDA

View Full Version : C.S.Navarro's backhand = BEAUTIFUL!

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:12 AM
Holy shit! I taught after Justine retired, we won't be seeing a beautiful one-handed backhand again... boy, was I wrong!!! :drool:

The Kaz
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:14 AM
Holy shit! I taught after Justine retired, we won't be seeing a beautiful one-handed backhand again... boy, was I wrong!!! :drool:

Ive known about CSN's bootyful backhand for ages :drool:

She's been known as the next Henin (technique-wise) for the last couple of months lol

FedererBulgaria
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:15 AM
Great backhand!:drool:

Kim's_fan_4ever
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:16 AM
This girl is damn good :eek:

beecharmer
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:16 AM
Totally agree. Best and most beautiful one handed bh in the game now. And the rest of her game is all there apart from a punishing serve perhaps.

eck
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:20 AM
There's nothing to dislike about her game atm.

starin
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:20 AM
There's nothing to dislike about her game atm.

seriously very nice. Did anyone see Pennetta's face at 0-30. lol.
pure shock and disbelief, like Navarro just queefed in her face.

fufuqifuqishahah
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:22 AM
:lol: :yeah:

Medina
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:26 AM
great technique. i love her dtl shot. xD

cellophane
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:26 AM
Gorgeous backhand.

hablo
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:33 AM
Yes, she has a very lovely backhand.

And to think no one gave a chance to the Spaniard to make the quarters after she beat Mauresmo. Most people picked her next two opponents to beat her in straights. :tape:

Thanx4nothin
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:34 AM
Video?

young_gunner913
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:35 AM
I'd like to see. :)

Hashim.
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:38 AM
i agree its awesome:bowdown:

C.MARTINEZ
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:41 AM
:kiss::kiss::kiss::worship::worship::worship:

tennisbear7
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:43 AM
It's not that beautiful, and certainly not comparable to Henin's.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KwR2lGa40eY

ViennaCalling
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:47 AM
I agree. Carla is very talented. I love her gamestyle :hearts:

spiceboy
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:54 AM
Video?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=F80PGe0N4hY

Around min. 5

Not too long but better than nothing I guess :lol:

anon57
Jun 1st, 2008, 12:00 PM
I hadn't seen Carla Suarez Navarro play yet, I was pleasantly surprised to see she has a nice single-handed backhand. There's not many youngsters left who play with a single-handed backhand :yeah:

silverwhite
Jun 1st, 2008, 12:10 PM
It reminds me more of Mauresmo's rather than Henin's...

pav
Jun 1st, 2008, 12:19 PM
She can play alright, but not a good look,hold the bloody racquet with both hands:fiery:

Bette_Midler
Jun 1st, 2008, 12:50 PM
you are the best Carla vamos :bounce:

Williamsser
Jun 1st, 2008, 08:23 PM
I agree, from a Henin fan! :worship:

Bette_Midler
Jun 1st, 2008, 08:24 PM
Carla is also a deep Henin fan

Q. Who's your favorite player? Is there a player that's your model?
CARLA SUAREZ NAVARRO: I used to watch Steffi Graf and Lleyton Hewitt. I saw Lleyton playing yesterday, and I really enjoy it.
I also watched Justine Henin quite a lot. It's a shame she decided to retire. You know, I think I just want to focus on me now (laughter.)

Q. You started playing with a one‑handed backhand. Is it because this is the way you started playing, or is it because now, in academy, this is what they taught you?
CARLA SUAREZ NAVARRO: Well, you know, the first time they gave me a racquet and a ball this is the way I started playing.
I practiced, and my coaches corrected me. I saw that with the one hand it worked perfectly well, and my coaches noticed the same. This is why I went up playing like that.

Q. You talked about Justine Henin, and you said she was one of your favorite players. Is there anything in your game, in the way you play, that was inspired by her style?
CARLA SUAREZ NAVARRO: Yes. There is something that she does well, and I need to improve, and that's speed and placements. She plays backhand with just one hand, and so do I.
What I loved in Justine Henin was the way she moved on the court, and this is what I admire most. Some matches were recorded, and these are matches I'm going to watch and use to improve that.

:D

RenaSlam.
Jun 1st, 2008, 08:31 PM
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/multimedia/index.html

Thursday, Day 5 Highlights

At around 3:20 there are highlights of C.S. Navarro and Amelie. Amazing BH.

Great rally cross court in which she wins. :worship:

Russianboy
Jun 1st, 2008, 08:39 PM
I hope she will reach the final or patty :)

Williamsser
Jun 1st, 2008, 08:42 PM
Carla is also a deep Henin fan

Q. Who's your favorite player? Is there a player that's your model?
CARLA SUAREZ NAVARRO: I used to watch Steffi Graf and Lleyton Hewitt. I saw Lleyton playing yesterday, and I really enjoy it.
I also watched Justine Henin quite a lot. It's a shame she decided to retire. You know, I think I just want to focus on me now (laughter.)

Q. You started playing with a one‑handed backhand. Is it because this is the way you started playing, or is it because now, in academy, this is what they taught you?
CARLA SUAREZ NAVARRO: Well, you know, the first time they gave me a racquet and a ball this is the way I started playing.
I practiced, and my coaches corrected me. I saw that with the one hand it worked perfectly well, and my coaches noticed the same. This is why I went up playing like that.

Q. You talked about Justine Henin, and you said she was one of your favorite players. Is there anything in your game, in the way you play, that was inspired by her style?
CARLA SUAREZ NAVARRO: Yes. There is something that she does well, and I need to improve, and that's speed and placements. She plays backhand with just one hand, and so do I.
What I loved in Justine Henin was the way she moved on the court, and this is what I admire most. Some matches were recorded, and these are matches I'm going to watch and use to improve that.

:D

Carla :hearts:

spiritedenergy
Jun 1st, 2008, 08:51 PM
I hope she will reach the final or patty :)

and then I hope she will crush her opponent in the final, or Patty:)

drgray
Jun 1st, 2008, 09:11 PM
Ive known about CSN's bootyful backhand for ages :drool:

She's been known as the next Henin (technique-wise) for the last couple of months lol

I haven't heard of any Henin comparisons. Who are you hearing that from?

The Dawntreader
Jun 1st, 2008, 09:17 PM
The thing with Navarro's backhand is she gets so much disguise on it, which is due to her extreme grip. Several times against Mauresmo, she just unleashed DTL and Mauresmo just looked perplexed, as you cant see it coming at all.

I'm not seeing too many weaknesses in her game generally, well on clay courts at least. Reminds me so much of Conchi Martinez, with that tad more pace on her shots.

fufuqifuqishahah
Jun 1st, 2008, 09:25 PM
i want her to reach the top 10 to fill the one hand backhand void at the top

Beat
Jun 1st, 2008, 10:06 PM

brilliant journalists' questions in full force. :help:

Jakeev
Jun 1st, 2008, 10:41 PM
I admit I was smitten with Carla's game and how she totally dismantled Flavia. It's terrific she is in her first Grand Slam quarter but the question of course will be if she can play on other surfaces and start winning more now that she has found instant success.

Good luck to her.

AnomyBC
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:29 PM
Now if only she had a face to match that backhand! :lol:

Wannabeknowitall
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:33 PM
Now if only she had a face to match that backhand! :lol:

Neither did Justine. :tape:
Seems to be some sort of correlation.

AnomyBC
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:38 PM
Neither did Justine. :tape: