PDA

View Full Version : Ana Ivanovic DOUBLE BAGELS Petra Cetkovska 6-0, 6-0 (Was this ever a match???)

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:04 AM
:tape::tape::tape:

Worst ever result since Graf slaughtered her opponent 6-0, 6-0 in the 1988 final?

Ana played superbly... :yeah: 3 more to go!!!

starin
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:05 AM
:hug: Cetkovska finally gets to play on the big stage for a semi-big match and loses like this??? tough luck hopefully she doesn't take it too hard.

:worship: Ana...now make the finals at least. I knew her other clay results were just a blip.

Adal
:o :haha:

jonny84
Woah. Poor Cetkovska - did not even win a game. Must have been really nervous.

Wojtek
Ana played ok but Cetkowska terrbile player

iPatty
:spit:

What a joke this Cetkovska is. Her ranking won't stay this high for long, she's horrible.

tennisbear7
Ana working her way into form.

scoobsuk
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:06 AM
Brutal.

Well done to Ana - sort of statement you want to be making as the latter stages of a slam approach.

rhz
Poor Petra! Ana is being mean! but hey you got to do what you got to do!

ElusiveChanteuse
Ana :eek: :banana: :hearts: :drool:

starin

What a joke this Cetkovska is. Her ranking won't stay this high for long, she's horrible.

give her break maybe she was just really really nervous.

Natalicious
ana :hearts: :rocker2:

Petkorazzi
Petra :hug: She deserved a game at least.

#1SteffiGraf#1
YAAAY! I just got up and was about to have breakfast! Thanks Ana!!! :lol:

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/4873/1874347743fa36b2aa0ky5.jpg

LDF
Ana :speakles: Brutal :devil:

young_gunner913
Wow, total beatdown. Congrats Ana.

DownTheLine21
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:07 AM
Ana played fantastic, but she was never really pushed. You got the sense that she could save any GP/BP. Cetkovska couldn't handle the Ivanovic pace. Ana destroyed her serve for most of the match.

joćo.
Ana just played like Ana while Petra didn't just basically play at all.
Only in the last games I saw her doing something.
Anyway, Congrats Ana! ;D

Kim's_fan_4ever
That was a joke, it didn't deserve to be a 4R match but whatever. Ana is in awesome form, she should be the one holiding the trophy on Saturday :D

Elwin.
omg :o This is a disgrace, how did Cetkovska made the 4th round :smash:

Ana :D Thank you for demolishing that joke :yeah:

justine schnyder
Oh dear Ctekovska :tape: :o How did she reached the 4rh round?! :o

joćo.
C'mon, Pennetta! :o :o :o

SOA_MC
http://i31.tinypic.com/2vmyjk8.gif

:drool::drool::drool:

Wojtek
give her break maybe she was just really really nervous.
No she was very,very slow. No forehand no beckhand only good dropshots

svetaisthebest
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:08 AM
Congrats Ana :)

Petra :hug:

Ben.
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:08 AM
Very impressive performance Ana :yeah: just what she needed going into the qtrs :D

Petra :hug: guess the ocassion overwhelmed her.

Nikkiri
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:09 AM
Bagels :drool: well done Ana.

Petra is very pretty though ;) :p

TennisFanForever

women's tennis is such a joke sometimes :weirdo:

what about all these double bagels this year? :help:

InsideOut.
:yeah: Well done Ana! Was scared when Petra had GPs and BPs coz I was pretty hungry. :lol:

Second career double bagel on Tour level! :haha::haha::haha:

And to think I was worried about an upset. LMAO :haha:

kfh_9118
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:10 AM
Ana :yeah:

good warm up match for the QF :lol:

Dexter
Well done, Ana! 2nd double bagel of her career and 1st in a GS! Into 3rd RG QF! :banana:
I didn't even think Ana played that well... just solid enough. Good luck vs Kata/Patty. :hug:
Petra. :hug: Poor girl, she felt intimidated today out there. But she's done well to get that far. Good luck on grass!

Highlandman
Hm, I didn't expect that to easy, I mean: Cetkovska beat A. Bondarenko & Benesova pretty easy.

Congrats Ana.

cn ireland
Awesome result from Ana :bounce:. She's got better with each match and seems to be peaking at the right time:).

Medina
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:11 AM
i was starting to wonder why petra made the 4th round.

thanks ana, for putting the wta back to reality :D

mckyle.
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:12 AM
Poor girl. Hope she isn't scarred for life.

homogenius
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:12 AM
Ana was solid but Cetkowska was not 100% fit.Injured or just bothered by her abductor I dunno, but she really had problems to move.
The match had no rythm, barely no rallies...Not sure it's a good thing for Anna to not have been tested like that.

knm
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:13 AM
Anci :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
it was great :worship:

Shoulderpova
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:13 AM
:rolls:

madamtennis
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:14 AM
Ana well done it's just fantastic:worship::bounce::banana: very good for her confidence

StZox
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:15 AM
I think Petra was just nervous.
On the other hand, Ana was impressive today.
RG CHAMPION!!!!!

celia
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:15 AM
Not impressive at all by Ana, but it wasn't her fault. Petra just didn't move and even when she did, the ball went into the net. Even training practices are harder. I don't think Ana enjoyed it that much (even if she reacted like she beat a top 10 at the end :lol:)because she hasn't been tested yet and it can be dangerous. Except if there are injuries somewhere, Srebotnik/Jankovic/Radwanska are certainly not gonna be that bad and she'll have to fight a lot more.(I have my doubts about Schnyder...). I also think Ana deserves to win a slam, but I hope for her it's not gonna be an easy/boring one, or else it wouldn't mean anything. She has to hope to lose a set and make things a lot more exciting to win her first slam, I'm pretty sure that's what she wants too.
Easy matches and easy draws are the worst traps.

miffedmax
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:16 AM
She beat who?

Ana's draw has become a joke. But then my favorite has been known to turn joke draws into absolute tragedies, so I must throw some props Ana's way. She's picked a good time to peak.

DownTheLine21
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:17 AM
Not impressive at all by Ana, but it wasn't her fault. Petra just didn't move and even when she did, the ball went into the net. Even training practices are harder. I don't think Ana enjoyed it that much (even if she reacted like she beat a top 10 at the end :lol:)because she hasn't been tested yet and it can be dangerous. Except if there are injuries somewhere, Srebotnik/Jankovic/Radwanska are certainly not gonna be that bad and she'll have to fight a lot more.(I have my doubts about Schnyder...). I also think Ana deserves to win a slam, but I hope for her it's not gonna be an easy/boring one, or else it wouldn't mean anything. She has to hope to lose a set and make things a lot more exciting to win her first slam, I'm pretty sure that's what she wants too.
Easy matches and easy draws are the worst traps.

LOL! I agree that she hasn't been tested, but I'm sure she's not hoping to lose a set.

blackcrave
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:19 AM
nice game.. congratulations anna!

celia
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:19 AM
LOL! I agree that she hasn't been tested, but I'm sure she's not hoping to lose a set.

I meant winning an exciting match, even 7/5, 7/6 :p

Cp6uja
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:24 AM
Ana and her team is obviously too much impressed with Petra 13 red clay winning strike or great upsets here like 6-3 6-0 wins against Alona Bondarenko for example, so Ana played on way higher level than she usualy played against #77 players. Her famouos forehand forks perfectly till 5-0 results (after only 15 minutes!) and remind on her 1st set 6-1 performances against Safarova or 2nd set 6-1 against Wozniacki which is both better players than Cetkovska. After 5-0 when Ana started to give her more oportunities with more UE's or trying to play longer points, Petra have some chances in almost every game - but never managed to won any game.

Princeza
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:24 AM
Training.

Wintermute
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:29 AM
That was a ruthless display from Ana.

I've not seen Cetkovska play before but she looked very out of her depth. She was putting her shots right into Ana's hitting zone and had no pace on them at all. She just seems very inexperienced at this level. But despite it she left the court smiling. Hopefully she'll learn a few things from this and set about improving her game.

Hashim.
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:36 AM
Ana:yeah:

Petra:help::hug:

spriwi
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:44 AM
:spit: wtf was that? :rolls:

serenus_2k8
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:48 AM
Ana :eek:
:scared:
Glad Ree is safely back home now :haha:

Mikey.
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:49 AM
Holy crap :eek: What a beat down. Ana :worship:

I'm pretty sure Ana will win now. :)

Mashafaaaaan
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:54 AM
Holy crap :eek: What a beat down. Ana :worship:

I'm pretty sure Ana will win now. :)

Don't judge so fast, when you don't have tough opponents, it's a trap. Look at the past winners in GS, everytime they had tough draws, they win the title.

Deck
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:55 AM
yeah Ana:worship:

pka_liloo
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:57 AM
2 winners???? :tape:
or is the RG statistics wrong again? :unsure:

Nikkiri
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:58 AM
Don't judge so fast, when you don't have tough opponents, it's a trap. Look at the past winners in GS, everytime they had tough draws, they win the title.

Masha for the title!1111111111 :worship::worship::worship:

Marco Fernandes
Jun 1st, 2008, 12:02 PM
And then people still say Maria is the one that has an easy draw. Gimme a break .

Selah
Jun 1st, 2008, 12:02 PM
Ana's easy March to semis and finals in GS,where she is rarely pushed reminds me so much of Kim C., and then she fades..lets hope it won't be that way this time.

Shvedbarilescu
Jun 1st, 2008, 12:03 PM
Well done, Ana! 2nd double bagel of her career and 1st in a GS! Into 3rd RG QF! :banana:
I didn't even think Ana played that well... just solid enough. Good luck vs Kata/Patty. :hug:
Petra. :hug: Poor girl, she felt intimidated today out there. But she's done well to get that far. Good luck on grass!

Good post. I feel very sorry for Petra. She is actually a pretty decent player albeit not someone who can compete at the very highest elite level. She has has a great tournament and had won 13 matches in a row prior to this result. I hope this thrashing doesn't take away the pride of what has been an excellent streak for her. :awww:

As for Ana, what can one say, after an indifferent start to the tournament following a rather disappointing red clay campaign, Ana has found her best form at a good time and she is going to be very tough to beat by anyone from here on in. Well done to her. :yeah:

Corswandt
Jun 1st, 2008, 12:06 PM

Quite.

Cetkovska has no business being in the 4R of a Slam. Just a challenger level scrub who got lucky.

Of her "awesome" RG run, ES showed only the MP vs Benesova, with Cetkovska hitting puffballs that landed around the T until Benesova missed. I suppose that's how she played throughout the tournament, because Cetkovska has no weapons whatsoever, no speed, no fighting spirit, nothing at all - other than being really gorgeous. I don't whine about "the current state of the game" all that much, but it really says a lot when a player such as Cetkovska can reach a Slam 4R. It's more likely to happen at RG than anywhere else, but still.

Ivanovic still serving rather poorly according to stats.

anon57
Jun 1st, 2008, 12:07 PM
Well done to Ana :yeah: After some shaky matches earlier in the clay season and at RG, she seems to be finding her best form. Keep it up
:hug:Petra, she seemed to be overwhelmed by the occasion, hope she keeps improving her results

austennis
Jun 1st, 2008, 12:14 PM
OMG ANA SO PROUD OF U ... yay and the RG champ is.. ANA (PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN)

The Daviator
Jun 1st, 2008, 12:16 PM
I can't believe I was worried about this :help:

Ana :hearts: :banana: Keep going :kiss:

#1SteffiGraf#1
Jun 1st, 2008, 12:38 PM
ANA's post match press conference :)

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/4584/55jg8.jpg

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5mld2_untitled0004_sport

lilimi
Jun 1st, 2008, 01:00 PM
i think petra was injured, she didn't move well. ana's game was solid though she missed some easy shots. i hope the reason was the lack of rythm during this match.

doni1212
Jun 1st, 2008, 01:15 PM
Good job, Ana!!!

piksi
Jun 1st, 2008, 01:16 PM
I like how some people keep saying that Ana just played okay and how her opponents keep having bad days and Ana just played well enough. I said it before and I say it again - if Ana continues to play like this - she will NOT be beaten. It doesn't matter how well the opponent plays because it is way too much power on that forehand. Just like Graf did.

ce
Jun 1st, 2008, 01:18 PM
i have to say a new French Open champion :p

hayleytrotter
Jun 1st, 2008, 01:20 PM
Go Ana!!

RenaSlam.
Jun 1st, 2008, 01:23 PM
Go on, Ana!

Ivanovic-Kuznetsova final :drool:

Emina.
Jun 1st, 2008, 01:29 PM
Great test here :cool::worship:

Princess Fiona
Jun 1st, 2008, 01:41 PM
Well done, Ana! Verrry impressive... (I wanted to wake up at 9:00 this morning to try and watch this match - I didn't make it :o and I'm not sure I'd have wanted to watch this match, really... Poor Petra!)

I hope that Petra will take 'something' from this experience - she's had a good run in the tournament (and defeated some good players!) and I hope she'll be back stronger. :)

JackFrost
Jun 1st, 2008, 01:51 PM
Her opponents are bad jokes.

SOA_MC
Jun 1st, 2008, 01:57 PM
I like how some people keep saying that Ana just played okay and how her opponents keep having bad days and Ana just played well enough. I said it before and I say it again - if Ana continues to play like this - she will NOT be beaten. It doesn't matter how well the opponent plays because it is way too much power on that forehand. Just like Graf did.

:yeah:

Sean.
Jun 1st, 2008, 02:02 PM
:lol: Owned!:worship: Ana, if you loose to either patty or Kata now you're a complete moron!

I really don't want to jynx it but this could be Ana's slam:lick:

:hug: Petrs, ouch!

Jorn
Jun 1st, 2008, 02:30 PM
well done Ana! :eek: :)

Maria Croft
Jun 1st, 2008, 02:40 PM
Ana played a very good match but her opponent was horrible, smiling all the time, after Ana hit winners, after her own errors, no fighting spirit at all.

Russianboy
Jun 1st, 2008, 02:48 PM
:lol:²

Corswandt
Jun 1st, 2008, 02:52 PM
Ana played a very good match but her opponent was horrible, smiling all the time, after Ana hit winners, after her own errors, no fighting spirit at all.

I think there's room in pro tennis for every type of player, from the "Yeah! I'm such a gritty competitor!" style à la Spanish claycourter, to those who graduated from the Serena Williams/Maria Sharapova School of Theatrical Hystrionics, to the less assertive, less demonstrative or even more lackadaisical types. But Cetkovska takes it a bit too far.

Shimizu Amon
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:02 PM
Ana played very solid tennis and well Cetkovska just sucked ass.

Tennis90
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:17 PM
I`m really impressed,I knew Ana could win but 6:0;6:0!!!The match was over before it even started!!!Bravo ANA!!!!!!!
Keep playing your game!!!Sooo proud of you...
Next please :)

morningglory
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:26 PM
:lol:

SharapovaFan16
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:28 PM
Ana still needs to get her first serve % up. When she runs into a player that can hurt her off a return of serve is when she is going to find problems.

Dawson.
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:30 PM
wow! tough on petra!

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:33 PM
Ana still needs to get her first serve % up. When she runs into a player that can hurt her off a return of serve is when she is going to find problems.

Yes, that's the only thing that isn't working yet.
If she improves that, then it will be her 1st slam.

spiritedenergy
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:35 PM
kthanxbye. Next?

:lol::worship:

Srebotnik/Schnyder and/if JJ will be different Ana, stay focus.

Ryan
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:03 PM
I hope she keeps this up against Patty. I just want to see her play though, so far our coverage hasn't shown Ivanovic once.

cocco80
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:08 PM
Her serve is worrying me.
Anyway, impressive score but her performance not so much (I think she was playing much better in the last 2 rounds). Not to be too harsh she was solid but she will have to work on her serve.

Anci :yeah: so happy..pls keep it going and just stay strong.

hankqq
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:16 PM
Go Ana BUT I hope she doesn't have a let down against Schnyder. Sometimes players come out flat in their next match after beating someone 60 60.

Milito22
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:27 PM
Anita :banana:

Slutati
Jun 1st, 2008, 05:43 PM
WTF:weirdo: I'm happy Iveta lost to Cetkovska then:scared:

InsideOut.
Jun 1st, 2008, 06:13 PM
LOL at all the people saying they're glad Iveta and Serena lost earlier :lol:

Lindsayfanumber1
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:16 PM
:hearts:

*Jean*
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:20 PM
Ridiculous, as she deserves :lol:

Serenita
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:22 PM
Damn.....6-0 6-0
ANA take the title and make me proud!

Wtatennis212
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:32 PM
Wasn't as bad as Azarenka over Cirstea. Today (http://protennisfans.blogspot.com)was a pretty boring day at Roland Garros.

Wiggly
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:34 PM
WTF:weirdo: I'm happy Iveta lost to Cetkovska then:scared:

Yeah. :lol: I don't think she could've handled one more match anyways. If she loses in straights against Cetkovska, it means she's burn out. :lol:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:36 PM
:banana: forward to the title

jazar
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:37 PM
this is unfortunate for petra. she played really well the other day

njnetswill
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:38 PM
Ana should reach the finals.

NeoZod19
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:56 PM
a complete cakewalk for her! such a joke!

Do you notice Ana now do the thank you kiss like Maria as well!! :lol:

yeah I guess she needs that.

SOA_MC
Jun 1st, 2008, 08:00 PM

What?:confused:

At least she wins when she has cakewalk draws unlike Pova at US Open 07

Nikkiri
Jun 1st, 2008, 08:05 PM

Ana copied Maria with her kisses. :awww:

First she took her cakewalk draws and now her thank you kisses. :speakles:

Mashafaaaaan
Jun 1st, 2008, 08:06 PM

You can't compare Ana and Maria, don't even try that.

The Daviator
Jun 1st, 2008, 08:15 PM

MaRIAA sToLE tHAt FrOM AgaSSSSii!!!!111

fufuqifuqishahah
Jun 1st, 2008, 09:18 PM
i thought Cetkovska was very good actually... I just felt like she wasn't even thinking about the match lol. I just kept waiting for her to actually expend some energy. :p

The Dawntreader
Jun 1st, 2008, 09:20 PM
I didnt think it was the worst double bagel ever, at least Cetkovska hit some winners:lol:

Thank god Anna from what i've read hasnt said the word 'aggressive' yet. She says it in EVERY press conference and it drives me insane :haha:

Even for the Seles tribute clip, she still said it:rolleyes::lol:

Kai
Jun 1st, 2008, 09:22 PM

:worship:

Niunia
Jun 1st, 2008, 09:27 PM
Ana :D:rocker2::

Wiggly
Jun 1st, 2008, 09:37 PM
:worship:

:devil:;)

cellophane
Jun 1st, 2008, 09:39 PM

Maria copied Serena, so Ana really copied Serena though. :angel:

dearplastic
Jun 1st, 2008, 09:49 PM
YAAAY! I just got up and was about to have breakfast! Thanks Ana!!! :lol:

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/4873/1874347743fa36b2aa0ky5.jpg

Those bagels remind me of animal fetuses.

Beat
Jun 1st, 2008, 10:12 PM
Those bagels remind me of animal fetuses.

Diesel
Jun 1st, 2008, 10:17 PM
:clap2:

Coffee&TV
Jun 1st, 2008, 10:34 PM
Ana :yeah: bagels are yummy. :lick:

Europe rocks
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:03 PM
Petra :sad: It's never nice to see someone go out there and get crushed 6-0 6-0 when they have reached the last 16 of a Grand Slam for the first time. Hope this doesn't affect you too much

Danči Dementia
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:09 PM
yeah Ana :rocker2: :worship:
Amazing.......

Shvedbarilescu
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:28 PM

I disagree. I bet you she is still in the top 50 at the end of the year.

franny
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:42 PM
Ana is going to win this tournament. I'm sorry, but Jankovic, with her injuries will not able to stay with Ana. Ana runs her ragged every time they play. And no one else in the draw can beat Ana. Only Maria, but definitely not on clay. And Kuznetsova? Ivanovic owns her.

Cp6uja
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:53 PM
BTW according to official RG site (http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/scores/stats/day13/2120ms.html) Ana for this double bagel win hit only TWO WINNERS :tape: :tape: :tape: :lol: :lol:

Emina.
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:56 PM
BTW according to official RG site (http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/scores/stats/day13/2120ms.html) Ana for this double bagel win hit only TWO WINNERS :tape: :tape: :tape: :lol: :lol:

:yeah:

NeoZod19
Jun 2nd, 2008, 02:41 AM
MaRIAA sToLE tHAt FrOM AgaSSSSii!!!!111

At least it's from Agassi!!:lol:....and not from my opponent!!!

StZox
Jun 2nd, 2008, 03:32 AM
What's wrong with the official stats?
It seems that they are wrong for almost every match

fufuqifuqishahah
Jun 2nd, 2008, 03:43 AM
Ana is going to win this tournament. I'm sorry, but Jankovic, with her injuries will not able to stay with Ana. Ana runs her ragged every time they play. And no one else in the draw can beat Ana. Only Maria, but definitely not on clay. And Kuznetsova? Ivanovic owns her.

Dementieva....

skanky~skanketta
Jun 2nd, 2008, 04:28 AM
oh my.

AnywhereButHome
Jun 2nd, 2008, 08:18 AM
boring match :tape:

Nikkiri
Jun 2nd, 2008, 08:25 AM
Maria copied Serena, so Ana really copied Serena though. :angel:

Huntress55
Jun 2nd, 2008, 09:56 AM
Good win for Ana, but it was pretty boring. Oh well, carry on Ana :D

BlueTrees
Jun 26th, 2011, 12:18 PM
I think this really shows how far Ana has fallen. :sad:

Gaz.
Jun 26th, 2011, 12:21 PM
I hope Petra doesn't get double bagelled again after coming to R4 for the second time. :unsure:

Lisicki will be tough I guess. :shrug:

eck
Jun 26th, 2011, 12:27 PM

No way. She's playing better than 08. :rolleyes:

:oh:

JAS_
Jun 26th, 2011, 12:29 PM

Oh and you are so sad you had to go dig this thread out to show how low she has fallen? :rolleyes:

:yuck: