I think Jankovic is slightly favorite to win thia match

JJ 2-6 7-6 6-4

I predicted JJ to win the title

Adal
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:36 AM
Jankovic in 3

Mikey.
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:46 AM
I hope JJ in 2. Dani was able to beat her at the AO, 2 and 2. I'm hoping JJ will do something similar. :angel:

Josh.
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:49 AM
Jelena 76 63.

Yep.

kittyking
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:51 AM
Jj 7-5 4-6 7-5 :D

SoClose
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:51 AM
Aga - 7;5 6;4

tennisbear7
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:53 AM
Jankovic.

I have a feeling that Aga's game matches well with her. Traditionally, when Aga beats a top player, they're having really erratic games. And surprise, they usually have flat strokes. Maria at USO, Elena at Istanbul, Venus at Luxembourg or whatever. That's how Aga wins against them - driving them crazy with her variety.

Jankovic, on the other hand, doesn't play as big a game as Elena or Maria, so she's more consistent with her strokes.

Jankovic in two.

Marty-Dom
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:56 AM
A-Rad produces an upset in just about every big tourney. She beat Sharapova at USO and Kuznetsova at AO (and Hingis at Miami too), now it's Jankovic's turn to be upset by her. A-Rad plays well on clay and she will take out Jelena in 2 sets in a similar fashion to how she took out Dementieva last week in Istanbul. I think she will make semis this year. After she beats Jelena it will be an easy QF over Penetta or Suarez-Navarro. Ivanovic will probably be too much in the semis- A-Rad doesn't match up well against Ana.

Lunatiq
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:57 AM
Jankovic in 2

Josh.
Jankovic.

I have a feeling that Aga's game matches well with her. Traditionally, when Aga beats a top player, they're having really erratic games. And surprise, they usually have flat strokes. Maria at USO, Elena at Istanbul, Venus at Luxembourg or whatever. That's how Aga wins against them - driving them crazy with her variety.

Jankovic, on the other hand, doesn't play as big a game as Elena or Maria, so she's more consistent with her strokes.

Jankovic in two.

Nice analaysis.

Coffee&TV
JJ in 2 sets 6-4 6-3

skanky~skanketta
Jun 1st, 2008, 08:02 AM
what's the head2head?

Marty-Dom
Jun 1st, 2008, 08:03 AM
what's the head2head?

Looks like this is their first meeting.

kolan
Jun 1st, 2008, 08:04 AM
i hope aga although i like both players, i will not be too disappointed if jj were to win. i think it will be a three set match. dont forget that aga comfortably beat dementieva in teo last week and hasnt lost for awhile, also has not dropped a set so far in the tourney

will be a good match anyway. i predict aga in 3

spriwi
Jun 1st, 2008, 08:08 AM
aga in 3 :confused: wishful thinking ;)

it will be really hard for both of them. i mean they are two players with great defensive game and fewer inclinations to attack. i think the one who tries to lead the game and starts making errors will lose.
aga is a slow starter and i don't think jj is a player who lets a huge lead (like 4-1) slip away, at least not to a player like aga who surely wont overpower her the way serena did @ miami.

one of you mentioned jj is not playing flat strokes and therefore it will be harder for aga to dismantle her game. it's partly true, but on the other hand i ve seen couple matches this year where jj was making tons of errors, especially with her usually awesome backhand, so... who knows ;)

anyways, if aga wins i want her to reach SF, if jj wins, i want her to win the whole thing :) :D good luck to both girls!

(i hope i ll find a livestream :unsure:)

spriwi
Jun 1st, 2008, 08:10 AM
what's the head2head?

they met only @ fed cup earlier this year, jj won 6-4 6-7(2) 7-5 and aga held a m.p. in the 3rd. was pretty tight :angel:

MaBaker
Jun 1st, 2008, 08:10 AM
Jelena in 2 :dance:

Win them all JJ :)

Marty-Dom
Jun 1st, 2008, 08:12 AM
they met only @ fed cup earlier this year, jj won 6-4 6-7(2) 7-5 and aga held a m.p. in the 3rd. was pretty tight :angel:

Thanks I forgot about that match. Was it on clay?

spriwi
Jun 1st, 2008, 08:13 AM
btw, both girls are on 7 matches winning streak :)

Nikkiri
Jun 1st, 2008, 08:13 AM
Aga for the upset. :)

CooCooCachoo
Jun 1st, 2008, 08:16 AM
I have a feeling Radwanska will win this one.

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 1st, 2008, 08:18 AM
hopefully its a draw after a 10 hr battle
and Flavia gets a "cakewalk" to semis ;)

spriwi
Jun 1st, 2008, 08:22 AM
Thanks I forgot about that match. Was it on clay?

no, on carpet

Natalicious
Jun 1st, 2008, 08:26 AM
aga in 3

Shvedbarilescu
Jun 1st, 2008, 08:29 AM
I like both players. Jankovic would be my favourite member of the top 5 and Aga is my favourite player throughout the whole top 20, so whoever wins will have my support for the rest of the tournament.

As to who will win, well, Jankovic has been the best clay court player for the last couple of years, aside from the retired Henin of course, but she hasn't been at her best this tournament. Infact during the 1st three rounds, Aga has been along with Safina and Azarenka one of the three most impressive players in the tournament. Aga showed she could compete with Jankovic at the Fed Cup and has shown she is pretty fearless facing top players at slams, if anything Aga tends to raise her game in such situations.

I really see this match as a 50/50 proposition but in such circumstances you have to select the underdog in these sort of polls. Indeed were I to put money on this match, which I won't be doing, it would go on Aga as she has substantially nicer odds. The heart might also be a factor in selecting Aga as well, if I am honest, but whatever, I went with Aga.

papru
Jun 1st, 2008, 08:50 AM
Chris :kiss:

A'DAM
Jun 1st, 2008, 08:51 AM
Heart says Aga brain says JJ ;)

frequentflyer
Jun 1st, 2008, 09:01 AM

Close but no cigar. They met in the FED Cup last February with J.JANKOVIC (SRB) def. A.RADWANSKA (POL) 6-4 6-7(2) 7-5, not without umpire's help, according to Papa-Rad.

Shinjiro
Jun 1st, 2008, 09:27 AM
JJ in two

young_gunner913
Jun 1st, 2008, 10:13 AM
I think Aga can pull off the upset. 6-4, 1-6, 6-3