PDA

View Full Version : Anna Kournikova's live chat - full "interview"

karimcartoon
May 31st, 2008, 10:43 PM
Moderator2: Anna will be joining us shortly so we're going to put the room in moderated mode in a few moments. Once we're in moderated mode, you can submit your question at any time.
Moderator2: First, we'd like to thank K-Swiss for sponsoring this live chat. Be sure to check out the K-Swiss Win a Call from AnnaK Sweepstakes & Contest at http://www.kournikova.com/win-a-call-from-annak/.
Moderator2: To ask Anna a question, simply enter it in the chat window and click "Send".
Anna Kournikova has entered the room "Anna Kournikova"
Anna Kournikova: hi everyone!
Moderator2: Welcome Anna. Glad you could make time to chat with us today!
shelldraik1: Hi Anna!
roland8: Hi Anna
Lill: hi Anna!! Nice to be here
Anna Kournikova: Thanks I'm really excited to be here!
wirbel2: Hi Anna!
stefan_turcot: Really nice to have you with us
Moderator2: Our first question taken from the message boards as part of the K-Swiss Win a Call from AnnaK Contest is a two-parter from dkolenz and jojoseph_ak. Have you thought about returning to the tour? Have you considered coming back to play doubles only?
Anna Kournikova: I have thought about it on and off...
Anna Kournikova: Right now it'd be difficult physically and it would take a big toll on my physical health...
Anna Kournikova: So unfortunately right now I don't see it happening.
Crazyemerald: Hi Anna, Martina Hingis has signed up to take part in an exhibition in Liverpool in the UK during the summer. Do you think you two will link up for any exhibition matches?
Anna Kournikova: We don't have anything set up with martina as of right now...
Anna Kournikova: I will be playing in Germany and in World Team Tennis events. The dates are on the website in the upcoming events section...
Anna Kournikova: So I'm really looking forward to those.
enriquemaniac: Do you have any pets?
Anna Kournikova: I don't right now.
Nica: What thing - or place - in Russia do you miss most while living in Miami?
Anna Kournikova: I miss my family, my grandmother, the food.
monicAnna: Anna, what do you think of the state of the Tour right now? Do you feel at all like women's tennis was in a better place when you were around, along with the likes of Seles, Capriati, Arantxa, among other legends?
Anna Kournikova: What an awesome question!
Anna Kournikova: I definitely feel that it was so exciting. We had the legends like you mentioned and a lot of young people like me in the late 90s and early 20002...
Anna Kournikova: Now anybody can win and there's not as many famous names...
Anna Kournikova: There's Sharapova and the Williams sisters but there's not as many recognizable names...
Anna Kournikova: So I definitely think it was a more exciting time when I was playing.
Nica: Anna, you enjoy reading, we all know it. What book whould you name to recommend to us as the most important?
Anna Kournikova: Well the book that I read that made the biggest impression on me was Eat, Love, Pray...
Anna Kournikova: It's more for girls and I don't know how how guys would relate to it...
Anna Kournikova: But as a girl it was the book that I related the most to in the past couple of years.
stefan_turcot: Having seen around the world, any places you think that are a must go/see?
Anna Kournikova: Yeah I really loved going to Indonesia and Bali. The scenery is great but the people too...
Anna Kournikova: They are so nice and humble...
Anna Kournikova: I also love Australia. The people are great...
Anna Kournikova: I love so many places. Every place is unique. For me it's about the people and the culture...and then the scenery.
michaelb: what do you think about Henins surprising retirement?
Anna Kournikova: Shocked!
Anna Kournikova: It was really unexpected. Normally people say they're going to retire at a certain time or at the end of a tournament...
Anna Kournikova: So I didn't believe it. She was the last person I would expect to retire because she's so strong mentally and physically...
Anna Kournikova: At least I thought she would have announced it and not retired on the spot.
Grunn: Do you follow Roland Garros and who is your favourite.
Anna Kournikova: Actually I haven't followed it yet. I usually follow from the second week because there's too many matches in the beginning...
Anna Kournikova: I was really really surprised to see that serena has lost. She's a good friend...
Anna Kournikova: I will probably start following the draw really closely from Monday.
Crazyemerald: Any interest in appearing in movies or TV? Have you considered commentating on tennis?
Anna Kournikova: I have not considered commentating yet...
Anna Kournikova: Movies and TV aren't a career path that I'm interested in...
Anna Kournikova: If something interesting and appropriate comes up like a cameo that I like, I might consider it...
Anna Kournikova: But I don't want to become an "actress".
Grid_Kournikova: when you watch tennis games on tv do you ever feel nostalgic? Like thinking you could bee there?
Anna Kournikova: I don't feel nostalgic in terms of thinking I could be there now...
Anna Kournikova: But I do feel nostalgic about when I played there...
Anna Kournikova: If I see a match on center court I might think about how I played there against that person...
Anna Kournikova: But I don't think about how I could be there now...
Anna Kournikova: Basically it just brings back good memories for me.
steam: what was your favorite victory, and also what was the toughest loss?
Anna Kournikova: I have a couple favorite victories...
Anna Kournikova: When I beat Monica Seles for the fist time it was amazing because she was my idol growing up...
Anna Kournikova: And then my other most memorable victories were against Graf because I beat her on grass and only a couple other players had done that...
Anna Kournikova: And also beating Martina when she was #1 for years in a row was very memorable...
Anna Kournikova: The toughtest loss was losing in the finals of the Lipton in 1998 to Venus Williams. There were a bunch of other tough losses that took place where I was close to winning a tournament.
Moderator2: Our second question taken from the message boards as part of the K-Swiss Win a Call from AnnaK Contest comes from Grid_Kournikova, who asks "We all know you work with the Boys and Girls club of America, but do you plan on starting your own foundation to help kids?"
Anna Kournikova: I thought about it when I was thinking about getting involved with the Boys and Girls Club about 5 years ago...
Anna Kournikova: But I thought why reinvent the wheel and try to build something new...
Anna Kournikova: So I decided to get involved with an established organization that has a great reputation and was already doing so much to help kids.
enriquemaniac: Where's enrique now?
Anna Kournikova: We're both in miami right now.
joao_c: who do you enjoy watching the most from the wta at the moment?
Anna Kournikova: I love watching the crazy matches. I love when there's drama in a match or it's really close. It's not so much about the person but...
Anna Kournikova: I do love watching Serena because there's always something happening. Sharapova, Ivanovich (she's really cute too!) in the women as well. Federer, Nadal, etc. in the men...
Anna Kournikova: But as long as there's drama and action I love watching.
stefan_turcot: Do you have a favorite funny moment to share from "on the tour" days or during exhibitions? Or who were the funny players to be around?
Anna Kournikova: Well I do have a funny moment...
Anna Kournikova: When I was playing Zvereva at Wimbledon in doubles we had a famous English streaker come across. That was the most hilarious thing ever! He was completely naked and had "only the balls should bounce" written on him!
enriquemaniac: Can you cook? if yes, what can you do best?
Anna Kournikova: I have been cooking much much better especially since last year...
Anna Kournikova: My specialty is steaks and russian dishes that my grandmother has taught me. She's been visiting me for 2 months at a time...
Anna Kournikova: So during that time she teaches me and I really love cooking with my favorite grandmother...
Anna Kournikova: Truthfully I enjoy cooking but I just don't like the cleaning up process as much.
Anna Kournikova: You guys can ask me more personal questions...
Anna Kournikova: I'm here to answer them. Be brave! You can ask something controversial!
Nica: Would you tell us by what things or events some usual, ordinary day can become perfect for you?I mean - what things exactly are making you happy?
Anna Kournikova: Getting a good night's sleep, working out, staying busy on challenging projects, spending a nice night with my boyfriend, family and friends in the evening is a perfect day for me.
Crazyemerald: You and Enrique don't live together - it seems kind of strange- why not?
Anna Kournikova: Well..it's not really what it seems...I don't want to get into those details but I'm perfectly happy and if I wasn't, i would get out of it...
Anna Kournikova: We have something that works for both of us and that's the most important thing.
michaelb: the rumors about the wedding to sergej fedorov. He stated you've been married briefly. Have you been married? (or is this too personal?)
Anna Kournikova: Everything was such a long time ago with him. Let's leave it in the past.
monicAnna: You haven't made an "official" retirement announcement just yet... is that something you plan to do when you're positive you'll never come back, or are you just gonna let things be?
Anna Kournikova: I never made a retirement announcement because it started as taking a break for an injury I had...
Anna Kournikova: And then it continued with me not wanting to come back until I'm 100%...
Anna Kournikova: I just wanted to avoid the hoopla and I don't know whether I'm retired forever or if there's a chance I might play 1 tournament, 5 tournaments, etc...
Anna Kournikova: I don't want to be one of those people who retires and then everybody talks about how they come out of retirement, even if I came back just to play 1 tournament.
edwynx: if i may ask, have you ever dated an atp player?
Anna Kournikova: Dated is a little strong. I did have a lot of friends on the ATP who kind of took me under their wing and there definitely was some attraction with some of them but I never dated any of them.
enriquemaniac: What's the thing you like most about enrique? Both mentally and physically?
Anna Kournikova: Well mentally he's just the most down to earth, real person. He keeps me grounded. He was really there for me during difficult times and he's had a great impact on my life...
Anna Kournikova: I've known him for almost 7 years now...he has a great sense of humor, has a great heart...
Anna Kournikova: Physically...he's obviously hot...but for me it's about really clicking...
Anna Kournikova: Physical attraction only lasts so long...
Anna Kournikova: For me it's about getting along, being there for one another and pushing each other to be better.
Moderator2: Our final question taken from the message boards as part of the K-Swiss Win a Call from AnnaK Contest is a humorous one from annafan32225, who wants to know what the best pickup line you've heard is and what the worst pickup line you've heard is.
Anna Kournikova: You'd actually be surprised but most of the time guys get very scared and speechless when they see me...
Anna Kournikova: The most common thing is "you look like Anna Kournikova" and I always say "I'm not as ugly as her"...
Anna Kournikova: Most of the time they just don't expect that I would be in the place they're at and they can't believe it's me.
Nica: Talking about personal questions, would you tell us what horror movie scares you most of all and why?
Anna Kournikova: I try to avoid horror movies because I don't get any pleasure from getting scared...
Anna Kournikova: I'll just go to a horror movie if my friends are going...
Anna Kournikova: The ones I did enjoy were the Ring movies but normally I'm not into horror. Normally I'd like to see guy movies like Iron Man and The Transformers...
Anna Kournikova: I can't wait to see Indiana Jones!
shelldraik1: Was it Enriques idea to invite you for the his music video?
Anna Kournikova: Really he doesn't admit it and he says it was his record company...
Anna Kournikova: That is the story I hear but it's a funny thing and we keep talking about it...
Anna Kournikova: I guess i'll never know the truth.
July23: South Florida has so many amazing beaches! Which one do you think is the best overall or would you recommend... if you really want to enjoy a great day at a local beach??
Anna Kournikova: Honestly the funny thing is that even living in Miami Beach I never actually go to the beach. The only time I'm really out near the beach is when I'm out on a boat or lying outside my house...
Anna Kournikova: It's like living in New York...ask how many people have visited the Empire State Building and most people who live there probably won't have...
Anna Kournikova: So normally I'm out by my pool or on a boat with friends.
adal12: Are you friends with Tatiana Golovin?
Anna Kournikova: Absolutely. she's a great girl and wise beyond her years....
Anna Kournikova: I've known her since she was around since she was around 7 at the academy and she's an absolute sweetheart.
shelldraik1: Anna, what do you think about all the press, photographers, paparazzi etc. Are they bothering you much?
Anna Kournikova: Honestly not really...
Anna Kournikova: When I'm home in Miami it's usually just once or twice a week at worst that somebody follows me around...
Anna Kournikova: When I'm traveling and they know that it happens more. It happens a lot in Los Angeles especially.
Crazyemerald: The idea of the Boys and Girls club is an excellent one - giving hope and opportunities to kids in struggling communities as you said in Mexco. You have acted as patron for the first BGC outside the US in Tijuana. Have you ever considered the idea of taking the concept of the club to your home town of Moscow? I know this would be a long term and daunting prospect.
Anna Kournikova: I have absolutely thought about doing something with kids in Russia and Moscow...
Anna Kournikova: But I'm very worried about where the money goes and making sure that it's benefitting the kids...
Anna Kournikova: It's difficult in Russia and a lot of countries to make sure how the money is being used and that everything is legal.
wirbel2: Is there another shooting session for calendar or magazine coming up?
Anna Kournikova: As of right now I have not done any magazine photo shoots besides the one I shot with K-Swiss in Miami in June...
Anna Kournikova: I'm very picky about photo shoots...
Anna Kournikova: Quality over quantity is my belief...
Anna Kournikova: I haven't done a 2009 calendar but a 2010 calendar is something I'm considering.
stefan_turcot: Some photographers(with their teams) have gifted talents to make people look gear and at their best. Is there a favorite photo shoot that you really enjoyed the way you looked?
Anna Kournikova: There's one photographer who I love working with...
Anna Kournikova: Bill Ling did my calendar shoots. He's very talented and I really get along great with him.
Moderator2: We have time for one more question.
monicAnna: What kind of music are you into these days? And on a sort of similar note, do you sympathize with Britney Spears' situation, being hounded by the paparazzi and the media?
Anna Kournikova: I definitely sympathize with her being hounded but everybody has choices. You can take yourself out of that environment and make arrangements that make it hard to be hounded...
Anna Kournikova: I haven't bought a CD in a long time actually...
Anna Kournikova: I like listening to my old Russian stuff and I do listen to the radio as well but I'm not that much into music.
michaelb: how are you going to celebrate your birthday on June 7th?
Anna Kournikova: As of right now I don't have any plans. I'm one of those crazy people who doesn't make plans...
Anna Kournikova: As long as I'm with the right people it will be great even if I decide what to do 5 minutes before...
Anna Kournikova: I don't even have to celebrate it on June 7. It could be a week later. As long as I'm having a good time and I'm with the right people, it will be great.
Moderator2: Thanks for taking the time to chat with us today Anna. We look forward to chatting with you again in the future!
Anna Kournikova: Thank you SO much! Tthank you for all your support
Anna Kournikova: I love you guys and hope you'll keep supporting me
Anna Kournikova: I appreciate you being there for all these years...
Anna Kournikova: I can't wait until the next chat! This has been really fun and get your questions for next time ready because I love sharing everything!
Anna Kournikova: I hope my typing has been okay!
Anna Kournikova: Talk to you soon!
Moderator2: We'd also like to thank K-Swiss for sponsoring Kournikova.com and presenting this live chat. Check out http://www.kournikova.com/win-a-call-from-annak/ for more information on the K-Swiss Win a Call from AnnaK Sweepstakes & Contest.
Moderator2: We're going to open the chat room up and everybody is free to stick around.

Credit to the owner of Anna4ever.

hankqq
May 31st, 2008, 11:08 PM
I love how she asked for more personal questions, and then didn't want to answer the Fedorov question! :lol:

Noctis
May 31st, 2008, 11:12 PM
Oh invite more players,whens next chat?

Allez-H
May 31st, 2008, 11:12 PM
Anna :hearts: Gosh, I can't believe it's been so long already. Thanks for the transcript! It was definitly nice to hear from her again.

hankqq
May 31st, 2008, 11:14 PM
Oh invite more players,whens next chat?

this chat is copied from her website.

AnomyBC
May 31st, 2008, 11:28 PM
If you read between the lines of this "interview" you can totally tell that she wants me :)

rhz
May 31st, 2008, 11:33 PM
stefan_turcot: Having seen around the world, any places you think that are a must go/see?
Anna Kournikova: Yeah I really loved going to Indonesia and Bali. The scenery is great but the people too...
Anna Kournikova: They are so nice and humble..

Woo hoo!!! Indonesia is the best... seriously guys, if you have not done so! please go to Indonesia, especially to Bali! You will feel what a tropical heaven feels like :)

wally1
May 31st, 2008, 11:55 PM
And then my other most memorable victories were against Graf because I beat her on grass and only a couple other players had done that...

Eastbourne 1998 in 3 sets, when I was lucky enough to be there :) One of my favourite tennis memories.

Slutiana
Jun 1st, 2008, 12:18 AM
adal12: Are you friends with Tatiana Golovin?
Anna Kournikova: Absolutely. she's a great girl and wise beyond her years....
Anna Kournikova: I've known her since she was around since she was around 7 at the academy and she's an absolute sweetheart.

:hearts:

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jun 1st, 2008, 01:01 AM
And then my other most memorable victories were against Graf because I beat her on grass and only a couple other players had done that...

Eastbourne 1998 in 3 sets, when I was lucky enough to be there :) One of my favourite tennis memories.

who knows what may have happened that year at Wimbledon :sad: Stupid thumb injury :(

Just Do It
Jun 1st, 2008, 01:09 AM
Love how someone mentioned Britney Spears :angel:

Dave.
Jun 1st, 2008, 01:19 AM
:hearts: I love when she does these.

She's completely right about her generation in tennis and I love how she asked for more personal questions. :lol:

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:58 AM
Love how someone mentioned Britney Spears :angel:
That was me! :haha:

Adal
Jun 1st, 2008, 08:00 AM
I forgot to ask her about her fight with Martina Hingis at some exhibition event in 2000 :sad:

And my question was obviously the best one (at least for Tatiana Golovin fans :p)

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 1st, 2008, 08:02 AM
monicAnna: Anna, what do you think of the state of the Tour right now? Do you feel at all like women's tennis was in a better place when you were around, along with the likes of Seles, Capriati, Arantxa, among other legends?
Anna Kournikova: What an awesome question!
Anna Kournikova: I definitely feel that it was so exciting. We had the legends like you mentioned and a lot of young people like me in the late 90s and early 20002...
Anna Kournikova: Now anybody can win and there's not as many famous names...
Anna Kournikova: There's Sharapova and the Williams sisters but there's not as many recognizable names...
Anna Kournikova: So I definitely think it was a more exciting time when I was playing.

monicAnna: You haven't made an "official" retirement announcement just yet... is that something you plan to do when you're positive you'll never come back, or are you just gonna let things be?
Anna Kournikova: I never made a retirement announcement because it started as taking a break for an injury I had...
Anna Kournikova: And then it continued with me not wanting to come back until I'm 100%...
Anna Kournikova: I just wanted to avoid the hoopla and I don't know whether I'm retired forever or if there's a chance I might play 1 tournament, 5 tournaments, etc...
Anna Kournikova: I don't want to be one of those people who retires and then everybody talks about how they come out of retirement, even if I came back just to play 1 tournament.

monicAnna: What kind of music are you into these days? And on a sort of similar note, do you sympathize with Britney Spears' situation, being hounded by the paparazzi and the media?
Anna Kournikova: I definitely sympathize with her being hounded but everybody has choices. You can take yourself out of that environment and make arrangements that make it hard to be hounded...
Anna Kournikova: I haven't bought a CD in a long time actually...
Anna Kournikova: I like listening to my old Russian stuff and I do listen to the radio as well but I'm not that much into music.

All me! :banana: And damn proud of it! It was so thrilling to "talk" to her. :hearts:

ce
Jun 1st, 2008, 09:31 AM
so nice of her :awww:

Chance
Jun 1st, 2008, 10:51 AM
I feel her parents really screwed her over.... So much talent wasted.
Anna sounds like a grounded simple girl, a far cry from the 90s ....

starin
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:03 AM
memories..aww fond memories of when women's tennis was freaking exciting.

the rivalries, the drama :drool:

goldenlox
Jun 1st, 2008, 12:17 PM
Why does she want people to ask personal questions when she says over and over for years that she's not answering them?

Selah
Jun 1st, 2008, 12:21 PM
Why does she want people to ask personal questions when she says over and over for years that she's not answering them?

I guess she wanted them to ask her what color knickers she was wearing or something :lol:

I love her interviews, she has always come across and as very smart, fun, well-rounded young lady, and she seems to have her life in perspective. Go Anya.

TomasUli
Jun 1st, 2008, 12:35 PM
Anna Kournikova: I love watching the crazy matches. I love when there's drama in a match or it's really close. It's not so much about the person but...
Anna Kournikova: I do love watching Serena because there's always something happening. Sharapova, Ivanovich (she's really cute too!) in the women as well. Federer, Nadal, etc. in the men...

Ivanovich? ...I guess she's not a big fan. :lol: :lol:

Kworb
Jun 1st, 2008, 01:19 PM
Ivanovich? ...I guess she's not a big fan. :lol: :lol:

Well there are many ways to transliterate ћ :p