PDA

View Full Version : Anna Kournikova answered 2 of my questions today! (both interesting)

WhatTheDeuce
May 31st, 2008, 07:47 PM
monicAnna: Anna, what do you think of the state of the Tour right now? Do you feel at all like women's tennis was in a better place when you were around, along with the likes of Seles, Capriati, Arantxa, among other legends?

Anna Kournikova: what an awesome question!
Anna Kournikova: i definitely feel that it was so exciting. we had the legends like you mentioned and a lot of young people like me in the late 90s and early 2000...
Anna Kournikova: now anybody can win and there's not as many famous names...
Anna Kournikova: there's sharapova and the williams sisters but there's not as many recognizable names...
Anna Kournikova: so i definitely think it was a more exciting time when i was playing.

---------------

monicAnna: You haven't made an "official" retirement announcement just yet... is that something you plan to do when you're positive you'll never come back, or are you just gonna let things be?

Anna Kournikova: i never made a retirement announcement because it started as taking a break for an injury i had...
Anna Kournikova: and then it continued with me not wanting to come back until i'm 100%...
Anna Kournikova: i just wanted to avoid the hoopla and i don't know whether i'm retired forever or if there's a chance i might play 1 tournament, 5 tournaments, etc...
Anna Kournikova: i don't want to be one of those people who retires and then everybody talks about how they come out of retirement, even if i came back just to play 1 tournament.

frenchie
May 31st, 2008, 07:48 PM
thank you WTD!

very interesting read

fufuqifuqishahah
May 31st, 2008, 07:49 PM
i hope she comes back, even if it's just for one tournament :D

WhatTheDeuce
May 31st, 2008, 08:03 PM
Got a 3rd one in :haha:

monicAnna: What kind of music are you into these days? And on a sort of similar note, do you sympathize with Britney Spears' situation, being hounded by the paparazzi and the media?

Anna Kournikova: i definitely sympathize with her being hounded but everybody has choices. you can take yourself out of that environment and make arrangements that make it hard to be hounded...
Anna Kournikova: i haven't bought a CD in a long time actually...
Anna Kournikova: i like listening to my old russian stuff and i do listen to the radio as well but i'm that much into music.

Tennisballova
May 31st, 2008, 08:06 PM
:bounce:Great questions and interesting answers :D

GoDominique
May 31st, 2008, 08:06 PM
There must have been few people in that chat .........

:p

WhatTheDeuce
May 31st, 2008, 08:09 PM
There must have been few people in that chat .........

:p
About 30-40 :p But my questions were obviously the best. :angel:

thesupernova
May 31st, 2008, 08:13 PM
wow those were really good answers especially the first one:yeah:

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 1st, 2008, 06:45 AM
http://i3.tinypic.com/89uwqyf.gif

Hashim.
Jun 1st, 2008, 06:47 AM

Imperfect Angel
Jun 1st, 2008, 06:52 AM
Although I never liked Anna,after reading this,all I can say is I prefer Anna >>>>> Martina.:angel:

Spiritof42
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:26 AM
Interesting read, thanks :)

So Disrespectful
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:28 AM
Good questions, and hot avatar. :drool:

Natalicious
Jun 1st, 2008, 08:33 AM

Highlandman
Jun 1st, 2008, 10:13 AM
:yeah:

I wish we could see her back in tournaments :awww: Can't believe her last tournament is now pretty exactly 5 years ago.

No Name Face
Jun 1st, 2008, 01:23 PM
she actually sounds intelligent. :D
now that's a turn-on.

hayleytrotter
Jun 1st, 2008, 01:29 PM
Got a 3rd one in :haha:

monicAnna: What kind of music are you into these days? And on a sort of similar note, do you sympathize with Britney Spears' situation, being hounded by the paparazzi and the media?

Anna Kournikova: i definitely sympathize with her being hounded but everybody has choices. you can take yourself out of that environment and make arrangements that make it hard to be hounded...
Anna Kournikova: i haven't bought a CD in a long time actually...
Anna Kournikova: i like listening to my old russian stuff and i do listen to the radio as well but i'm that much into music.

What about Enrique?! :O hahaha.

jojoseph
Jun 2nd, 2008, 06:15 AM
That's good to hear that you got so many questions answered. :)
Unfortunately mine were ignored like the plague. :(