PDA

View Full Version : Anna Kournikova chatting live on the internet today!

c0bra
May 31st, 2008, 03:05 PM
I don't know if you guys know or care... but Anna is doing a live chat with her fans on her new Kournikova.com website today at 3pm Eastern. Or: 9pm European Time 8pm UK Has anyone tried to access the chat room yet? It's not working for me in Firefox.

joćo.
May 31st, 2008, 03:09 PM
What's the chat room link? XD

c0bra
May 31st, 2008, 03:11 PM
http://clubs.sportsmates.com/kournikova

I think you have to be logged in as a member to her site to access the chat.

I click the "Chat Live" link but the page never loads for me.

joćo.
May 31st, 2008, 03:19 PM
Thanks and it's the same, page won't load.

joćo.
May 31st, 2008, 03:20 PM
It just loaded the chat but i'm the only one who's online. :confused:

c0bra
May 31st, 2008, 03:26 PM
The chat with Anna doesn't start for another 4 hours and 30 minutes.

Hopefully I can figure out how to access it by then. ;)

Willam
May 31st, 2008, 04:32 PM
2 members ive never seen in my whole life discussing in the same thread about a anna kournikova chat thread :haha:

Why is this so funny to me? :shrug:

c0bra
May 31st, 2008, 04:54 PM
I guess we're the only ones that still miss Anna on the tour lol. :)

I've been a member here for five years but don't follow the tour much anymore.

nelsondan
May 31st, 2008, 05:53 PM
2 members ive never seen in my whole life discussing in the same thread about a anna kournikova chat thread :haha:

Why is this so funny to me? :shrug:

so who era you?

Highlandman
May 31st, 2008, 05:55 PM
Anna :awww: I really miss her so much as well. And I have posted that a couple of times here :p

Hopefully I have time for that chat , otherwise I hope to see what others asked and she answered :D

goldenlox
May 31st, 2008, 06:50 PM
How does this work? Members of her website have already asked questions and Anna chooses which she answers?

WhatTheDeuce
May 31st, 2008, 07:13 PM
Oh snap. Thanks for the heads up. I hope I can get a question in, I can't imagine it'll be that packed in there.

c0bra
May 31st, 2008, 07:24 PM
Oh snap. Thanks for the heads up. I hope I can get a question in, I can't imagine it'll be that packed in there.

Anna is answering questions live supposedly.

It starts in about 35 minutes.

c0bra
May 31st, 2008, 07:27 PM
Anna :awww: I really miss her so much as well. And I have posted that a couple of times here :p

Hopefully I have time for that chat , otherwise I hope to see what others asked and she answered :D

Me too. I think the tour was at its best when it was Anna K, Martina Hingis, the Williams sisters, Seles, etc. I still enjoy watching women's tennis but it's not the same anymore for me. :sad:

WhatTheDeuce
May 31st, 2008, 07:30 PM
I'm in the chat. :lol: I hope she answers something I ask. I still don't know what I'm gonna say. :o

c0bra
May 31st, 2008, 07:35 PM
I'm gonna ask if she's pregnant and getting married. I'll probably get booted out lol.

WhatTheDeuce
May 31st, 2008, 07:37 PM
I'm gonna ask if she's pregnant and getting married. I'll probably get booted out lol.
Really? Of all the things you can ask that's what you choose? Lame. :o

Uranium
May 31st, 2008, 07:40 PM
obviously someone will ask if she wants to come back to tennis righT?:lol:

hankqq
May 31st, 2008, 07:41 PM
Can someone ask her what she does with her time since she's not playing tennis anymore?

c0bra
May 31st, 2008, 07:41 PM
I'm definitely gonna ask if there's any chance she will play on the tour again.

Slutati
May 31st, 2008, 07:45 PM
Someone should ask her if she considered posing for Playboy as well:hearts::p

c0bra
May 31st, 2008, 07:51 PM
I'm going to the chat now. Anna is expected any minute now....

If anyone else wants to join the link is:
http://clubs.sportsmates.com/kournikova

I will try to post a transcript here when it finishes if anyone misses out. :)

Adal
May 31st, 2008, 07:52 PM
Ask her who does she think is world's most recognizable female athlete.

Dodoboy.
May 31st, 2008, 08:00 PM
Ask her if Serena Williams is past her peak and will never win a slam :hearts:

goldenlox
May 31st, 2008, 08:07 PM
So what happened? Is Anna chatting?

WhatTheDeuce
May 31st, 2008, 08:08 PM
monicAnna: Anna, what do you think of the state of the Tour right now? Do you feel at all like women's tennis was in a better place when you were around, along with the likes of Seles, Capriati, Arantxa, among other legends?

Anna Kournikova: what an awesome question!
Anna Kournikova: i definitely feel that it was so exciting. we had the legends like you mentioned and a lot of young people like me in the late 90s and early 2000...
Anna Kournikova: now anybody can win and there's not as many famous names...
Anna Kournikova: there's sharapova and the williams sisters but there's not as many recognizable names...
Anna Kournikova: so i definitely think it was a more exciting time when i was playing.

WOOOO!!!! ANNA SAID MY QUESTION WAS AWESOME!!! :banana: hahahahha I love her so much

Slutati
May 31st, 2008, 08:10 PM
WOOOO!!!! ANNA SAID MY QUESTION WAS AWESOME!!! :banana:
:hearts::worship:

Adal
I think I might join in.

Adal
OMG congrats!1

WhatTheDeuce
May 31st, 2008, 08:15 PM
Anna Kournikova: i was really really surprised to see that serena has lost. she's a good friend...

Natash.
May 31st, 2008, 08:16 PM
Anna :hearts: :inlove:

WhatTheDeuce
May 31st, 2008, 08:21 PM
Anna Kournikova: the toughtest loss was losing in the finals of the lipton in 1998 to venus williams. there were a bunch of other tough losses that took place where i was close to winning a tournament.

Adal
May 31st, 2008, 08:25 PM
Are you sure it's the real Anna? :scared:

Jorn
May 31st, 2008, 08:26 PM
She won't come back... just now :sad: will play in Germany and WTT

WhatTheDeuce
Are you sure it's the real Anna? :scared:
Yes. :lol:

WhatTheDeuce
joao_c: who do you enjoy watching the most from the wta at the moment?
Anna Kournikova: i love watching the crazy matches. i love when there's drama in a match or it's really close. it's not so much about the person but...
BeckyBlair718 has entered the room "Anna Kournikova"
Anna Kournikova: i do love watching serena because there's something happening. sharapova, ivanovich (she's really cute too!) in the women as well. federer, nadal, etc. in the men..

LMAO awwww she thinks Ana is cute.

Adal
Anna Kournikova: i do love watching serena because there's something happening. sharapova, ivanovich (she's really cute too!) in the women as well. federer, nadal, etc. in the men..

:hug:

Adal
May 31st, 2008, 08:27 PM
She's about to tell about a funny moment.

Jorn
May 31st, 2008, 08:29 PM
I knew the fun she was ther straeker talking aboiut in wimby ;)

hankqq
May 31st, 2008, 08:29 PM
Anna is friends with Serena? :cool:

Her toughest loss in a final was to Venus, but her absolute worst final loss was to Smashnova. :o

It was fun having her around, too bad she'd rather waste her time with Iglesias. :rolleyes:

frenchie
May 31st, 2008, 08:31 PM
is it already over??

Has anybody asked about her comeback?

Jorn
May 31st, 2008, 08:32 PM
Anna Kournikova: you guys can ask me more personal questions...

Anna Kournikova: i'm here to answer them. be brave! you can ask something controversial!

:)

WhatTheDeuce
May 31st, 2008, 08:34 PM

Anna Kournikova: i'm here to answer them. be brave! you can ask something controversial!

:)
I was surprised she said that. I'm so tempted to ask her about her weight. :o

Jorn
May 31st, 2008, 08:34 PM
is it already over??

Has anybody asked about her comeback?
She's not fit to come back just now...

frenchie
May 31st, 2008, 08:35 PM
She's not fit to come back just now...

did she say that herself?

Slutati
May 31st, 2008, 08:36 PM
She will never come back, it's pretty obvious:shrug:

Dav.
May 31st, 2008, 08:37 PM
Can somebody as ker about her relationship with Tati? I remember one of them saying a few years ago that they were pretty good friends, but I don't know much about it.

Thanks to WTD and others for posting quotes. :)

frenchie
May 31st, 2008, 08:38 PM
can somebody put the whole conversation on thisz thread or send it to me via PM

Russianboy
May 31st, 2008, 08:39 PM
monicAnna: You haven't made an "official" retirement announcement just yet... is that something you plan to do when you're positive you'll never come back, or are you just gonna let things be?
Anna Kournikova: i never made a retirement announcement because it started as taking a break for an injury i had...
Anna Kournikova: and then it continued with me not wanting to come back until i'm 100%...
Anna Kournikova: i just wanted to avoid the hoopla and i don't know whether i'm retired forever or if there's a chance i might play 1 tournament, 5 tournaments, etc...
Anna Kournikova: i don't want to be one of those people who retires and then everybody talks about how they come out of retirement, even if i came back just to play 1 tournament.

Adal
Can somebody as ker about her relationship with Tati? I remember one of them saying a few years ago that they were pretty good friends, but I don't know much about it.

Thanks to WTD and others for posting quotes. :)
I asked it. But moderators don't seem to want to post any of my questions?

WhatTheDeuce
She answered another question of mine

monicAnna: You haven't made an "official" retirement announcement just yet... is that something you plan to do when you're positive you'll never come back, or are you just gonna let things be?
Anna Kournikova: i never made a retirement announcement because it started as taking a break for an injury i had...
Anna Kournikova: and then it continued with me not wanting to come back until i'm 100%...
Anna Kournikova: i just wanted to avoid the hoopla and i don't know whether i'm retired forever or if there's a chance i might play 1 tournament, 5 tournaments, etc...
Anna Kournikova: i don't want to be one of those people who retires and then everybody talks about how they come out of retirement, even if i came back just to play 1 tournament.

interesting..

Jorn
May 31st, 2008, 08:40 PM
She said that in onther words, but not fit...

Moderator2: Our first question taken from the message boards as part of the K-Swiss Win a Call from AnnaK Contest is a two-parter from dkolenz and jojoseph_ak. Have you thought about returning to the tour? Have you considered coming back to play doubles only?
Anna Kournikova: i have thought about it on and off...
Anna Kournikova: right now it'd be difficult physically and it would take a big toll on my physical health...
Anna Kournikova: so unfortunately right now i don't see it happening.

WhatTheDeuce
May 31st, 2008, 08:41 PM
edwynx: if i may ask, have you ever dated an atp player?
Anna Kournikova: dated is a little strong. i did have a lot of friends on the ATP who kind of took me under their wing and there definitely was some attraction with some of them but i never dated any of them.

LMFAO "took me under their wing"

Dodoboy.
May 31st, 2008, 08:41 PM
I miss her :hearts:

Congrats WhatTheDeuce :bowdown:

Friends with Serena :cool:

Dodoboy.
May 31st, 2008, 08:43 PM
i want to join :awww:

Probably too late :(

Dav.
May 31st, 2008, 08:43 PM
I asked it. But moderators don't seem to want to post any of my questions?
Thanks for trying. I wonder why your posts don't work, though.

Interesting comments about a return to the tour, although nothing surprising.

She asked for more personal questions, so somebody should ask what she thinks about Ashley posing for Playboy and etc, without being rude of course.

Natash.
May 31st, 2008, 08:48 PM
I was surprised she said that. I'm so tempted to ask her about her weight. :o

:spit: :devil:

dybbuk
May 31st, 2008, 08:48 PM
Anna Kournikova: dated is a little strong. i did have a lot of friends on the ATP who kind of took me under their wing and there definitely was some attraction with some of them but i never dated any of them.

:haha:

Slutati
May 31st, 2008, 08:49 PM

Slut:hearts::inlove: Safin was hitting that I knew it:worship:

Dav.
May 31st, 2008, 08:50 PM

:spit: :lol:

Natash.
May 31st, 2008, 08:51 PM

:spit: :hearts: Definitely Safin.

WhatTheDeuce
May 31st, 2008, 08:51 PM
Adal's question about Tati just got in :lol:

Adal
May 31st, 2008, 08:52 PM
wh00t :)

Adal
May 31st, 2008, 08:53 PM
Anna Kournikova: honestly not really...

:sad:

Adal
Oh was that an answer to my question?

Dav.
I love our reactions.

:haha:

:spit: :lol:

:spit: :hearts:

:lol:

WhatTheDeuce
May 31st, 2008, 08:54 PM
wh00t :)

That was in response to another question :silly:

This is what she said to you:

adal12: Are you friends with Tatiana Golovin?
Anna Kournikova: absolutely. she's a great girl and wise beyond her years....
Anna Kournikova: i've known her since she was around since she was around 7 at the academy and she's an absolute sweetheart.

Adal
May 31st, 2008, 08:54 PM
Oh okay :silly:
I'm soo soriiiiiiii

Slutati
May 31st, 2008, 08:55 PM

:rolls::rolls: Tati you liar!:p

frenchie
May 31st, 2008, 08:55 PM
can somedy post the WHOLE conversation please???

Slutati
May 31st, 2008, 08:56 PM
That was in response to another question :silly:

Anna Kournikova: i've known her since she was around since she was around 7 at the academy and she's an absolute sweetheart.
OH, ok then:lol::hearts::inlove:

Dav.
May 31st, 2008, 08:56 PM

Wow, very kind words by Anna. My two favorite players of all time are friends. :inlove:

Especially great to hear after the haters (and Bartoli :lol:) have called her stupid and snotty constantly.

*JR*
May 31st, 2008, 08:57 PM
monicAnna: Anna, what do you think of the state of the Tour right now? Do you feel at all like women's tennis was in a better place when you were around, along with the likes of Seles, Capriati, Arantxa, among other legends?
She was not a "legend" by any tennis measure. Frankly Jen wasn't, much as I like her. So I'm being objective here. But she did win 3 Slam singles titles and made #1. Anna's records were in things like calendar sales. :rolleyes:

You want to say she attracted fans (some of whom actually stayed after she left) and got more girls playing, fine. That's being an ambassador for the game, not a legend.

WhatTheDeuce
May 31st, 2008, 08:59 PM
She was not a "legend" by any tennis measure. Frankly Jen wasn't, much as I like her. So I'm being objective here. But she did win 3 Slam singles titles and made #1. Anna's records were in things like calendar sales. :rolleyes:

You want to say she attracted fans (some of whom actually stayed after she left) and got more girls playing, fine. That's being an ambassador for the game, not a legend.
I didn't mean to have her included in that legends category, but it ended up being phrased that way. Oh well.

diaf :)

frenchie
May 31st, 2008, 09:00 PM
Wow, very kind words by Anna. My two favorite players of all time are friends. :inlove:

Especially great to hear after the haters (and Bartoli :lol:) have called her stupid and snotty constantly.

LOL

I'm feeling a bit concerned here:tape::lol:

Adal
Omg was it you who asked about Britney Spears?

WhatTheDeuce
got another question in :banana:

monicAnna: What kind of music are you into these days? And on a sort of similar note, do you sympathize with Britney Spears' situation, being hounded by the paparazzi and the media?
Anna Kournikova: i definitely sympathize with her being hounded but everybody has choices. you can take yourself out of that environment and make arrangements that make it hard to be hounded...
Anna Kournikova: i haven't bought a CD in a long time actually...
Anna Kournikova: i like listening to my old russian stuff and i do listen to the radio as well but i'm that much into music.

Slutati
May 31st, 2008, 09:01 PM
OMG WhatTheDeuce, you and Anna are like best friends:hearts::lol:

Adal

Well it's normal. She can be nice to some people she likes, but not so nice to people she doesn't.

Dav.
LOL

I'm feeling a bit concerned here :tape::lol:
I posted that for your benefit. :lol:

Adal
May 31st, 2008, 09:02 PM
OMG WhatTheDeuce, you and Anna are like best friends:hearts::lol:
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d5/digital_talent/face.jpg

frenchie
May 31st, 2008, 09:03 PM
got another question in :banana:

monicAnna: What kind of music are you into these days? And on a sort of similar note, do you sympathize with Britney Spears' situation, being hounded by the paparazzi and the media?
Anna Kournikova: i definitely sympathize with her being hounded but everybody has choices. you can take yourself out of that environment and make arrangements that make it hard to be hounded...
Anna Kournikova: i haven't bought a CD in a long time actually...
Anna Kournikova: i like listening to my old russian stuff and i do listen to the radio as well but i'm that much into music.

Your next question will be : "Anna can you come with me tomorrow and have a beer at the bar?"

Dav.
May 31st, 2008, 09:03 PM
Well it's normal. She can be nice to some people she likes, but not so nice to people she doesn't.
Oh, I know, it's the same for all people.

I just wanted to anger frenchie. :D

Adal
May 31st, 2008, 09:04 PM
She's leaving :sad:

frenchie
May 31st, 2008, 09:06 PM
Oh, I know, it's the same for all people.

I just wanted to anger frenchie. :D

Grrr:fiery:

lol
anyway I know what I saw about Tati and I have witnesses;)

Slutati
May 31st, 2008, 09:08 PM

lol
:lol: You love her admit it:p

Dav.
May 31st, 2008, 09:09 PM

lol
You didn't even see "it," your "friend" did.

When I was at Amelia Island, everyone who met her said she was the nicest player there last year and at the party afterwards didn't party or anything, she just wanted to sit down and meet people, like her fans.

Everyone I know who's met her says that she's very sweet, actually. I'm not really sure of the authenticity of your story, honestly.

But we're off-topic. Just PM me.

This was fun. I hope Anna holds another chat within the next half-year. :)

WhatTheDeuce
May 31st, 2008, 09:11 PM
:haha: That was so much fun.

Dodoboy.
3 questions :rolls:

Jorn
They will post the chat transcript soon

c0bra
May 31st, 2008, 09:19 PM
I thought it was funny when Anna started begging people to ASK MORE PERSONAL QUESTIONS

Jorn
May 31st, 2008, 09:25 PM
Anna Kournikova: talk to you soon!

When was the last chat?

When did she play her last WTA match?

I saw her play in 1999, but how old is she now...

I saw her last time live in hamburg, ithink the last Hamburg tourny...where she played with Zvereva

hablo
May 31st, 2008, 09:51 PM

Oh my. :lol:

The Guilty
May 31st, 2008, 09:52 PM
Anna Kournikova: talk to you soon!

When was the last chat?

When did she play her last WTA match?

I saw her play in 1999, but how old is she now...

I saw her last time live in hamburg, ithink the last Hamburg tourny...where she played with Zvereva

Her last match was in a $25K in 2003 May, where she lost to Bruna Colosio :sad:

I think she's going to be 27. I don't think she'll ever come back. But I wish she could come back and win a title just to shut up some people.

Great from her to chat with her fans :) Lucky What the Deuce :p