FORZA SARITA
May 31st, 2008, 12:37 PM
Good first set Karin but then:o

Adal
May 31st, 2008, 12:38 PM
Broke the streak of 6 3 set matches :o

Ceri
Was watching this - excellent second set from Maria, the first set was over an hour long! Good luck in the next round! :)

Craig.
It's 6-0, hon. ;)

V-MAC
Congrats Maria. Very impressive second set from her.

bellascarlett
May 31st, 2008, 12:39 PM
She finally found some form. Phew. A bagel is great. The way she was acting in the second set too is quite promising.

Mikey.
May 31st, 2008, 12:39 PM
Oh Maria you are one lucky b***h :haha:

Good luck for the next round as you will need it. It's going to be an all out slaughter.

Nice try Karin. You came close in that 1st set :)

miura
May 31st, 2008, 12:40 PM
Maria raising her game :)

I can definately see Maria winning the tournament.

Jacey
May 31st, 2008, 12:40 PM
great 2nd set.....:D

funny how hard is was for maria to win her other matches against players ranking in the 100's & now serves up a bagel to someone ranked higher....

does this mean Maria's kicking it up a notch...as she usually does when playing higher ranked players??? god I hope so!

Andy.
May 31st, 2008, 12:41 PM
Its finally nice to see Masha play a little better. Hopefully the bagel gives her a little confidence. Good luck Masha

Imperfect Angel
May 31st, 2008, 12:42 PM
Karin :o
Maria will win FO.:o

Poova
May 31st, 2008, 12:43 PM
Maria is turning it up a notch at the perfect time. :dance:

Bring on Safina! :rocker2:

@Sweet Cleopatra
May 31st, 2008, 12:43 PM
you go mashaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Sefo
May 31st, 2008, 12:44 PM
Awesome Maria!
She didn't take her chances when serving it out at 5-4 first set.:(
Also very strong net play.
Second set a la Serena.:hearts:
She's rising her level as the tournament progresses. That's good.

Maria Croft
May 31st, 2008, 12:45 PM
From utter crap match (first round), to crap (second round) to very good match (third round, well duh!) :bounce:

She’s improving alright! :yeah:

You could tell from the very first point how focused she was, finally not frustrated anymore and kept being positive, most doubles come at the beginning of the match, only broken once.

And I can’t believe it, a bagel :drool:

Well done Maria, fought for every point :worship:

$uricate
Once Knapp choked with that double-fault in the tiebreak you knew a meltdown was coming, and she didnt disappoint. Well done Maria!
Maria for RG champion 2008!

Shoulderpova
Much better than her previous matches.
Knapp played great in 1st set :eek::worship:

adrovi
Masha :bounce::bounce:

Sharapowerr
May 31st, 2008, 12:46 PM
i m 90 % that masha makes the quarters

patch.
May 31st, 2008, 12:47 PM
Karin :o
Maria will win FO.:o

dont say that :o:o
I dont she Maria going much further, she simply just cant play as well as the other contenders on clay :shrug:
congrats on round 4 though :yeah:

Lucas_Arg
May 31st, 2008, 12:50 PM
The second set was amazing, she played really really good.
The first one was not bad, but not good either.

faboozadoo15
May 31st, 2008, 12:51 PM
Well done, babe.
She played a lot better in this match, and she'll need a climb of equal magnitude if she'll want to make the quarterfinals. Safina is no joke, as I'm sure Maria knows.

Dan23
May 31st, 2008, 12:55 PM
dont say that :o:o
I dont she Maria going much further, she simply just cant play as well as the other contenders on clay :shrug:
congrats on round 4 though :yeah:
Simply not true. She can match anyone, anywhere...its just a matter of feeling confident and working hard during the match.

Dodoboy.
May 31st, 2008, 12:57 PM
Very long match again.

She has spent close to 7 hours on court with 3 matches. Hopefully she isn't tired.

She is very lucky to have such a draw but the second set was promising. She could take Safina but it is still a very loseable match.

(bla)^3
May 31st, 2008, 01:06 PM
That was such a low quality match. :o Even the commentator on Eurosport shared that opinion. :)

Congrats to MaSha, but i still don't see her as a winner of this year's RG ! Her performance is just too far from convincing so far and there are a lot of players left in the draw who are far better claycourters than Maria.

(i guess that a slamless fresh face will win it all (i would say Azarenka but i hope it will be Szavay:)))

Erik77
May 31st, 2008, 01:10 PM
I was about to completly write Maria off as a claycourt-player. She, with her long legs, just doesn´t seem to get a grip on the clay-surface. But then during the third game in the second set something happend. All of the sudden she start hitting big returns and for a moment she seem to forgot how much she hates clay. But still, I find it extremly unlikely that she could win it all.

anon57
May 31st, 2008, 01:11 PM
First set wasn's very convincing from Sharapova although Knapp's play probably had something to do with that as well. Sharapova did play better in the second set.

P_Fer
May 31st, 2008, 01:12 PM
Good job Maria! Good luck against Dinara:unsure::yeah:

TennisPlayingFox
May 31st, 2008, 01:15 PM
Nice job Maria! Good luck against Dinara!

joão.
May 31st, 2008, 01:16 PM
Congrats, Maria! :)

Renalicious
May 31st, 2008, 01:19 PM
She's getting better every match and now I actually see her beating Dinara...if she would have versed better people in the first 3 rounds it would be a different story.

.Andrew.
May 31st, 2008, 01:24 PM
Finally a straights set win for Masha. :)
Looked like Karin might take the first so good on her for closing it out in straights. :rocker2:
Next up Dinara. :scared: I'm still betting on Dina.
Karin :hug:

Ksenia.
May 31st, 2008, 01:30 PM
Sharapova bakery reopened :banana:

Vincey!
May 31st, 2008, 01:31 PM
Maria :D..it was about time to raise your level :D...Safina will be tough. :unsure:

CrossCourt~Rally
May 31st, 2008, 01:32 PM
Nice going Maria!! :yeah:

Thieving Magpie
May 31st, 2008, 01:32 PM
Well, I think the result of the second set is somewhat misleading. Knapp played a lot worse and Sharapova was only slightly better than in the first set. Only in the last 3 games she started to actually play like she can play if her game is on. Her first serve percentage along with the number of unforced errors will be crucial in her next match. Only if she can somehow find a way to improve that, she'll stand a chance against Safina. And maybe most importantly, she doesn't look like she actually believes she can win this tournament. You never know, maybe this will be like AO 2007, I would have never thought she'd reach that final either, but her opponents back then all decided to play even worse than Maria, except for Serena.

schorsch
May 31st, 2008, 01:37 PM
Uhm, well done I guess :lol:

Vesnina was watching Masha :D :bounce:

gmak
May 31st, 2008, 01:51 PM
masha :yeah: :woohoo: :)
very long first set :scared: but she was very good in the second :)

nice to see her find some form even after 2 1/2 rounds :lol:

furrykitten
May 31st, 2008, 01:52 PM
Another wonderful performance from Maria :p

Ballbasher
May 31st, 2008, 02:13 PM
Pretty much improved. :D

Dan23
May 31st, 2008, 02:26 PM
nice pic :cool:

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/5750/39483celebutopiamariasheo9.jpg

NeoZod19
May 31st, 2008, 02:28 PM
Much better!!:worship:

c0bra
May 31st, 2008, 02:29 PM
Knapp played very well through the first set and Maria did well just to stick with her. I think the set lasted nearly 1 hour 20 mins. So it was important to win that and then Karin just ran out of energy. :)

RenaSlam.
May 31st, 2008, 02:30 PM
36 DFs total :worship:

Go on, Maria! :tape:

Marco Fernandes
May 31st, 2008, 02:39 PM

At least she's still in the tournament. :rolleyes:

RenaSlam.
May 31st, 2008, 02:48 PM
Exactly ...

Is that 'orrible little fly buzzin around in here again ?!?

You love me.

Or else you wouldn't respond to my posts everytime I post :lol:

Don't waste your breath.

iamme
May 31st, 2008, 02:56 PM
That was such a low quality match. :o Even the commentator on Eurosport shared that opinion. :)

yeah:lol:I could kill him..:o
He even counted that how many points Hewitt and Ferrer was playing while Karin served one:tape:

serenus_2k8
May 31st, 2008, 02:57 PM
Wow congrats Maria! A bagel against anyone is great. Even Karin :o

So Disrespectful
May 31st, 2008, 02:59 PM
I predicted the exact scoreline before the breaker :eek:

Someone will vouch for me :ras:

RenaSlam.
May 31st, 2008, 03:02 PM
^ don't normally waste my time with little tards.

but you ain't even funny ..... or smart - never.

Someone that uses "ain't" within their grammatical structure surely could not be considered that "smart", either.

SharapovaFan16
May 31st, 2008, 03:06 PM

Did this match go into the W column or the L column for Maria? Just answer that 1 question. Notice how my girl can still win on a horrible day at the office and your girl was sent packing after 1 lackluster performance?

Take note, I can go on trashing you all day long. Yes, it's that easy.

RenaSlam.
May 31st, 2008, 03:07 PM
Did this match go into the W column or the L column for Maria? Just answer that 1 question. Notice how my girl can still win on a horrible day at the office and your girl was sent packing after 1 lackluster performance?

Once Maria plays a decent player, talk to me. :worship:

RenaSlam.
May 31st, 2008, 03:23 PM
Very good Rena, you've been practising this morning haven't you? I guess conversing with the "bottom line" I was being careless with my grammatical consequences.

Anways congrats to Maria on an impressive second set performance.

Back to Davydenko v Ljubicic :(

No, you're just a dumb ass.

Dodoboy.
May 31st, 2008, 03:24 PM

I think most Maria fans would agree if Kata met Maria today or a player as tough as Kata in the previous round it would be very tough for her to win.

Maria was struggling with Rodina, she is luck Rodina isn't experienced.

SOA_MC
May 31st, 2008, 03:25 PM
Luck complete and total luck

Craig.
May 31st, 2008, 03:31 PM
I think most Maria fans would agree if Kata met Maria today or a player as tough as Kata in the previous round it would be very tough for her to win.

Maria was struggling with Rodina, she is luck Rodina isn't experienced.

Bitter much? Serena lost, big whoop.

IF. Oh, IF. There are no IFs in tennis. The matchup didn't happen, so stop implying it did or that it could have.

bellascarlett
May 31st, 2008, 03:34 PM

IF. Oh, IF. There are no IFs in tennis. The matchup didn't happen, so stop implying it did or that it could have.

:lol: exactly...

alfonsojose
May 31st, 2008, 03:38 PM

Bitter b*tch :zzz:

ZeroSOFInfinity
May 31st, 2008, 03:39 PM
Great imrpovement :yeah:

... but next match against a resurgent Dinara... it's going to be tough!

Keep it on!

c0bra
May 31st, 2008, 03:56 PM
I think Maria will bring her A Game against Dinara. Revenge is on her mind I feel.

Mikey.
May 31st, 2008, 04:05 PM

You've posted that in every Maria result thread in RG so far :lol:

bellascarlett
May 31st, 2008, 04:09 PM
You've posted that in every Maria result thread in RG so far :lol:

well, he's obsessed with maria. :hearts:

nelsondan
May 31st, 2008, 04:49 PM
It could be worse. At least Serena acknowledges she lost, and is preparing for the future. In the potus election we have this player named Hillary who looks at the 7-6 6-3 loss to Barack and wants to play another set.

@Sweet Cleopatra
May 31st, 2008, 06:52 PM
I think Maria will bring her A Game against Dinara. Revenge is on her mind I feel.

i hope so i am afraid

SharapovaFan16
May 31st, 2008, 06:55 PM

You should think about growing up. Maturity would serve you good.

SharapovaFan16
May 31st, 2008, 06:56 PM

Once your girl plays a decent player... o wait she's out she can't. :lol: Guess you can't talk to me after all.

SOA_MC
May 31st, 2008, 07:03 PM
Once your girl plays a decent player... o wait she's out she can't. :lol: Guess you can't talk to me after all.

Take your own advice:wavey:

You should think about growing up. Maturity would serve you good.

SharapovaFan16
May 31st, 2008, 07:09 PM
Take your own advice:wavey:

That was your "BIG" comeback? PALEEEEEZE that was WEAK! Troll on little one, troll on.

SOA_MC
May 31st, 2008, 07:24 PM
That was your "BIG" comeback? PALEEEEEZE that was WEAK! Troll on little one, troll on.

I was being serious do you ever read some of your posts here:scared:

For example

And there is a 1 in 2 chance I take a shotgun to your head and blow your head clean off your fucking shoulders. Seriously LAME!

SharapovaFan16 takes a gun and points it at DA FOREHAND... boom! Sharapovafan16 takes a gun and points it at himself... boom!

:help::help::help:

jacobruiz
May 31st, 2008, 07:39 PM
Exactly ...

Is that 'orrible little fly buzzin around in here again ?!?

The one who started the cry-baby thread about people being happy when the Williams sisters lose? :lol:
Good 2nd set Masha, but you'll have to step it up against Dinara.:yeah:

SharapovaFan16
May 31st, 2008, 07:42 PM
I was being serious do you ever read some of your posts here:scared:

For example

The fact that you looked up old posts is borderline creepy stalkerish. Maybe you should go outside, get some fresh air. Don't worry the sun will not hurt you, I promise.

SOA_MC
May 31st, 2008, 07:48 PM
The fact that you looked up old posts is borderline creepy stalkerish. Maybe you should go outside, get some fresh air. Don't worry the sun will not hurt you, I promise.

:yawn: O.K. just don't threaten to take a shotgun and blow my head off:awww:

Dodoboy.
May 31st, 2008, 08:06 PM

I have been saying this from R1.

Serena doesn't have anything to do with this. I just used her opponnents as examples.

You would be lying (as a group) if you didn't say you were happy Sharapova got players like she has not playing her best tennis.

But yeah, she is quite the player to fight through each and every match so :hatoff:

Coffee&TV
May 31st, 2008, 08:34 PM
Congrats Masha :hearts:

Good luck on the next round! :banana:

Nicolás89
May 31st, 2008, 08:51 PM
An awful match though.

Sharapowerr
May 31st, 2008, 09:04 PM
An awful match though.

OMG...

Craigy
May 31st, 2008, 09:05 PM
:yawn: O.K. just don't threaten to take a shotgun and blow my head off:awww:

:spit:

Shimizu Amon
Jun 1st, 2008, 06:07 AM
A very good third round match and the first one I got to see. I think she played a very focused good first set, besides the first couple of games. Knapp was playing very well during that first set, she believed that she could be responsible for the upset. Well I guess she didn't expect for Maria to finally getting her groove back.
The second set was over in a heartbeat after the first two games. She showed off some amazing tennis, especially on the the returns. Lord we're those amazing!

Glad to read that she's having a day off. Hopefully she can keep up the level of tennis in her next match. She needs to, to get past Safina. Once she does that the SF will be possible to reach. Defending her points and number one position. I believe that she can win the next match. It will be a tough one. Glad that I'm not at home watching the match. Because I know for sure I would die!

faboozadoo15
Jun 1st, 2008, 06:39 AM

You say this after every match Sharapova wins....
And this one had a bagel. :weirdo:

nelsondan
Jun 1st, 2008, 09:27 PM

I was being serious do you ever read some of your posts here

For example

Originally Posted by SharapovaFan16
And there is a 1 in 2 chance I take a shotgun to your head and blow your head clean off your fucking shoulders. Seriously LAME!

So far as we know----Maria does not have any matches scheduled in Reno, Nevada in the usa, does she? Because....never mind.