PDA

View Full Version : They keep showing sleeping people in the audience

Kworb
May 31st, 2008, 12:32 PM
:haha:

I guess the world number one is too boring for them. I'd fall asleep too waiting for her to serve.

FORZA SARITA
May 31st, 2008, 12:33 PM
:lol:

ElusiveChanteuse
May 31st, 2008, 12:33 PM
:spit: Karin :o
Maria :o :o :o

goldenlox
May 31st, 2008, 12:36 PM
Those bagels bore people

mckyle.
hmmm... maybe they are bored because of karin? sweet jesus people :o

Adal
Everything is boring for French crowd :o
Except for Nadal, Justine and french players.

@Sweet Cleopatra
May 31st, 2008, 12:41 PM
french are so strange , the RG towels are so bad and show their bad taste , is this supposed to be new art or what
but the second set was really booring not because of Maria sure

mariahdg
May 31st, 2008, 12:45 PM
maria's not grunting :tape:

sammy01
May 31st, 2008, 12:46 PM
well its no secret the french crowd dont like maria, every match shes played so far has been to a 2/3 empty stadium. i think if she won she would be one of the most unpopular champions ever. you cant realy blame people though shes playing hardcourt tennis on a clay court and not even doing it well. the french like a player with a bit of flare which maria dosen't have. her matches have been boring.

Sarah<Kim-fan>
May 31st, 2008, 02:35 PM
my dad fell asleep aswell on Thursday during Dechy-Dellacqua! :lol:
it's just a combination of getting up early for tennis, waiting and sitting still in thes sun :)

Sefo
May 31st, 2008, 02:50 PM
They kept showing that old man sleeping who we thought is a lines person. :lol:

Dawson.
May 31st, 2008, 02:55 PM
lets face it, this has been the most boring grand slam in years! im not suprised people are falling asleep

serenus_2k8
May 31st, 2008, 02:59 PM
I think the draw looked really promising but just didnt deliver. By the 4th round the quarters look pathetic, but Im still upset about Vee and Rena so I guess its still exciting for others.

hankqq
May 31st, 2008, 03:01 PM
Is it just me, or have we fortunately not had any bad crowd moments this year, on either men's or women's side? Almost every year @ RG, there's at least 1-4 matches where the crowd unfairly turns on someone and boos him/her loudly and for the dumbest of reasons. Hopefully this year will be an exception-I'd rather see people sleeping in the stands than making a player's life hell while they're trying to play...

Matt01
May 31st, 2008, 03:09 PM
well its no secret the french crowd dont like maria, every match shes played so far has been to a 2/3 empty stadium. i think if she won she would be one of the most unpopular champions ever. you cant realy blame people though shes playing hardcourt tennis on a clay court and not even doing it well.the french like a player with a bit of flare which maria dosen't have. her matches have been boring.

YES :devil:

Sefo
May 31st, 2008, 03:10 PM
It's only R3.

Willam
May 31st, 2008, 03:29 PM

In my opinion Nadal & Justine are both boring :shrug:

i prefer watching roger for the Morbo, of he may lose :haha:

powerbackhand
May 31st, 2008, 03:45 PM
how could anyone sleep with pova skrieking and screaming

LadyLil
May 31st, 2008, 03:49 PM
well its no secret the french crowd dont like maria, every match shes played so far has been to a 2/3 empty stadium. i think if she won she would be one of the most unpopular champions ever. you cant realy blame people though shes playing hardcourt tennis on a clay court and not even doing it well. the french like a player with a bit of flare which maria dosen't have. her matches have been boring.

Very true.

InsideOut.
May 31st, 2008, 03:53 PM
I think the draw looked really promising but just didnt deliver. By the 4th round the quarters look pathetic, but Im still upset about Vee and Rena so I guess its still exciting for others.

I actually agree. I would have preferred something like Ana-Serena winners galore QF :tears: because it would have been spectacular.

LadyLil
May 31st, 2008, 04:13 PM
I think the bottom half of the draw was competitive. The top half was geared to get one player to the quarters and possibly the semis. And she's still struggled with players out of the top 100 dropping a set to both of them. Knapp is the highest ranked player she's faced.

Paul.be
May 31st, 2008, 04:34 PM
They hand out free earplugs at the entrance of the stadium. :devil:

Melly Flew Us
May 31st, 2008, 04:37 PM
she wan't screaming on every point; and anyway the court surround is so large you won't hear much unless you're sitting by the speakers.

hacberto
May 31st, 2008, 04:41 PM
I agree with the person that said this was the most boring Grand Slam in years

But I also think Australian Open 2006 was boring as hell

fufuqifuqishahah
May 31st, 2008, 04:50 PM
i dont think it's been boring... sure it feels empty w/o justine and in general, the players that are left are kind of :weirdo: but some of the matches have been interesting

eck
May 31st, 2008, 04:56 PM
french are so strange , the RG towels are so bad and show their bad taste , is this supposed to be new art or what
but the second set was really booring not because of Maria sure

:help:

Paul.be
May 31st, 2008, 05:26 PM

I replied:

They hand out free earplugs at the entrance of the stadium. :devil:

schorsch, you're acting like a big baby bad repping me for that. Get a life please! :lol:

handan
May 31st, 2008, 05:30 PM
Sharapova's matches are always following 'play,five minutes wait Maria to serve,play 'pattern. There is no continuity ,no rhythm in her matches.

SOA_MC
May 31st, 2008, 05:32 PM
schorsch, you're acting like a big baby bad repping me for that. Get a life please! :lol:

Schorsch bad reps everybody:rolleyes:

Malva
May 31st, 2008, 05:49 PM
i think if she won she would be one of the most unpopular champions ever. you cant realy blame people though shes playing hardcourt tennis on a clay court and not even doing it well. the french like a player with a bit of flare which maria dosen't have. her matches have been boring.

I think this is a fair assessment unfortunately.

I was myself supporting Maria Sharapova as long as I wasn't watching her matches. Her game is fairly onedimensional, aggressive and based on power yet unrefined and totally lacking in elegance. Add to this her very loud grunting...

This of course must seem like a contradiction in terms, since her image outside of the court is one of a glamorous lady.

It must be very hard to reconcile these two images, and not only for the French tennis audiences, hence the resulting indifference towards Maria and her game.

muniu
May 31st, 2008, 05:58 PM
that was the most boring match I have ever seen and I'm still :zzz:

Matt01
May 31st, 2008, 07:03 PM
Schorsch bad reps everybody:rolleyes:

Badrepped me, too. :D
He's a poor loser :)

homogenius
May 31st, 2008, 07:07 PM

Guga (to name just one) would disagree with this.
It's just that french crowd prefer players with personality and some inspiration in their game...

Coffee&TV
May 31st, 2008, 08:51 PM
The 2nd set was so boring :hearts: :kiss:

Nicolás89
May 31st, 2008, 08:52 PM
It was an sleepy match.

Adal
May 31st, 2008, 08:55 PM
Guga (to name just one) would disagree with this.
It's just that french crowd prefer players with personality and some inspiration in their game...
And Maria, Serena or Venus have no personality and inspiration in their games. Like totally.

Sharapowerr
May 31st, 2008, 09:03 PM
:haha:

I guess the world number one is too boring for them. I'd fall asleep too waiting for her to serve.

Really a nice thread to start to get all the Maria haters here get a life..

hankqq
May 31st, 2008, 09:05 PM
Seriously, I don't know why some of these people go to a match if they aren't interested in the players taking part in it. If you don't like Sharapova, why go to her match?

hablo
May 31st, 2008, 09:07 PM
she wan't screaming on every point; and anyway the court surround is so large you won't hear much unless you're sitting by the speakers.

When I was at RG in 2005, you could hear Sharpie shrieking on other nearby courts. I don't remember which court she was on but I was on Chatrier and I could here her very well. It was so irritating.

~Cherry*Blossom~
May 31st, 2008, 09:18 PM
It wasn't Sharapova's fault.

Knapp was just dull. I fell asleep watching it in my room. After going up 2-1 in the tiebreak she did sod all. Missing easy returns. Sharapova picked her game up whilst Knapp just started to suck even more. I fell asleep after it went 3-0. I dunno if Knapp played better but Sharapova was just too good after that.

LadyLil
May 31st, 2008, 09:19 PM
Seriously, I don't know why some of these people go to a match if they aren't interested in the players taking part in it. If you don't like Sharapova, why go to her match?

When you buy tickets you buy them for the court. They're also bought weeks in advance so you really have no idea who you'll be seeing. The best indication of a player's popularity or of a good match is how many people have their butts in the seats. The stadium, especially the expensive seats, was almost empty during Maria's match. Meanwhile the fans were hanging from the rafters trying to see the ATP match between Gonzalez and Wawrinka.

Malva's post is on the money.

Sharapowerr
May 31st, 2008, 09:19 PM
It was an sleepy match.

Why did you watch it?

Slumpsova
May 31st, 2008, 09:29 PM
bc Karin Crap didn't even try to fight. she just played for the money obviously.

johnoo
May 31st, 2008, 09:40 PM
When you buy tickets you buy them for the court. They're also bought weeks in advance so you really have no idea who you'll be seeing. The best indication of a player's popularity or of a good match is how many people have their butts in the seats. The stadium, especially the expensive seats, was almost empty during Maria's match. Meanwhile the fans were hanging from the rafters trying to see the ATP match between Gonzalez and Wawrinka.

Malva's post is on the money.
the womans matches have been poorly watched in general,the screenshot is from the Ivanovic v Wozniacki match as you can see there is very few people there,maybe the french don't like womens tennis but if the match had of been at wimbledon it would have been much fuller,it's general apathy from the french to womens tennis rather than who is playing.

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/1572/vlcsnap310372hb3.jpg

Slumpsova
May 31st, 2008, 09:43 PM
the womans matches have been poorly watched in general,the screenshot is from the Ivanovic v Wozniacki match as you can see there is very few people there,maybe the french don't like womens tennis but if the match had of been at wimbledon it would have been much fuller,it's general apathy from the french to womens tennis rather than who is playing.

:speakles:
these French don't appreciate a thing but Chokomomo i guess :o
they will regret it however bc Ivanovic & Wozniacki will be a rivalry in the next 3 years.

Matt01
May 31st, 2008, 10:34 PM
Ana vs. Wozniacki was the first match on CC, no wonder the stands weren't full...

manu32
May 31st, 2008, 10:48 PM
french open is boring .........

jacobruiz
May 31st, 2008, 10:50 PM
:rolleyes:
The best indication of a player's popularity or of a good match is how many people have their butts in the seats. The stadium, especially the expensive seats, was almost empty during Maria's match. Meanwhile the fans were hanging from the rafters trying to see the ATP match between Gonzalez and Wawrinka.
:rolleyes:
At least someone's got some sense. Apparently not the French, though.