PDA

View Full Version : Players that will be remembered, Players that will be forgotten

LegendsofTennis
May 31st, 2008, 04:01 AM
Among the current players on the WTA, who will be remembered and who will be forgotten by tennis fans 10 years from now?

ArturoAce.
May 31st, 2008, 05:21 AM
remembered sharapova
forgotten kerber & muller

tennisbear7
May 31st, 2008, 05:23 AM
Out of the top-tiered players, I would say that the Williams sisters have had the most profound impact on the game, with or without Henin on the scene.

InsideOut.
May 31st, 2008, 06:43 AM
Bartoli will unfortunately be remembered as the player with the largest weight-height ratio to reach the final of Wimbledon. :devil: couldn't resist :haha:

Sharapowerr
May 31st, 2008, 06:53 AM
Bartoli,Chakvetadze and Hantuchova will not be remembered

Rhémila
May 31st, 2008, 07:24 AM
Bartoli,Chakvetadze and Hantuchova will not be remembered

I'm not sure of Chakvetadze. She's still young, I think she isn't on the top of her limits.

Mattographer
May 31st, 2008, 07:33 AM
Bartoli won't forgotten because of her victory against Henin at Wimbledon was considered one of biggest upsets ever in WTA history :)

OsloErik
May 31st, 2008, 07:41 AM
Hantuchova will be remembered as the Carling Bassett of the 21st century. Bartoli will be remembered for the Wimbledon final from nowhere. Chakvetadze still has time to be remembered. But I don't think any of them will be remembered well.

Mattographer
May 31st, 2008, 07:47 AM
Out of Top 10 in the past - Paola Suarez will be forgotten :lol: Well, she already retired :p

Oh yeah, Ai Sugiyama isn't great as Kimiko Date so she will be forgotten in 10 years time.

Jakeev
May 31st, 2008, 07:50 AM
I think there will be always somebody that will be talked about if there are still forums like this. Look at a player like Chris O'Neill. She won one tournament in her life, the 78 Australian Open and I think she has been talked about in at least 30 threads since I have been on this board.

As long as a fan exists, no player will be forgotten.

Cp6uja
May 31st, 2008, 07:56 AM
More correct question is:
Among the current players on the WTA, who will be remembered and who will be forgotten by tennis fans 10 years from now AFTER RETIREMENT?

9 of current TOP20 players is 1987 or younger with chances to be still active in 2018.