PDA

View Full Version : Which Williams conqueror played better?

swissmr
May 30th, 2008, 10:07 PM
What do you think?

RenaSlam.
May 30th, 2008, 10:08 PM
Flavia.

starin
May 30th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Flavia actually played as well as she could've hope for. She could def. make a QF.

Srebotnik was more of a helpful bystander as Serena imploded in on herself.

Dodoboy.
May 30th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Flavia.

Kata just had to get the ball in on the fh side and BAM,

ASP0315
May 30th, 2008, 10:16 PM
both
but the only difference here is venus fought every point unlike serena. serena couldn't keep up with the rally and relied on big serve and kata exposed her game.

Craigy
May 30th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Flavia. Not taking anything away from Kata though, she played great too.

starin
May 30th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Overall neither Pennetta or Srebotnik played anything amazing. Meaning it's not like they played like top 10 players out there. They played their ranking while Venus and Serena clearly did not.

DemWilliamsGulls
May 30th, 2008, 10:26 PM
Overall neither Pennetta or Srebotnik played anything amazing. Meaning it's not like they played like top 10 players out there. They played their ranking while Venus and Serena clearly did not.

:worship: There it is!!!!!

Uranium
May 30th, 2008, 10:28 PM
I voted they beat themselves
mainly Venus, who couldn't have a good and easy game without hitting 5 errors in one game!
she had 40-0/0-30/30-0 soo many times just to lose that and go to a long deuce game, some of which she lost:o
Serena was also just dreadful.
but credit to both Kata and Flavia, but the Williams Sisters made way too many errors and Kata and Flavia capitalized on that:worship:

MaBaker
May 30th, 2008, 10:37 PM
Neither of course, both sisters beat themselves. They are the greatest... :rolleyes:

treufreund
May 30th, 2008, 10:48 PM
I picked Kata by a small margin. Really they both played pretty well and used their style of play. Flavia is more of an aggressive counterpuncher and Kata is more of an all-court player and had to come up with more difficult shots around the net. Overall, pretty even though.

edificio
May 30th, 2008, 10:56 PM
Even though I voted neither, I do think Flavia and Katerina played well; but I expected that. I expected a struggle by Venus and Serena against these two particular opponents. I always enjoy seeing Flavia and Katerina taking it to their opponents, but V/S errored the match away.

sharapovarulz1
May 30th, 2008, 11:56 PM
Flavia :D

sasha&tennis
May 31st, 2008, 12:05 AM
:clap2: We have a winner.

iPatty
May 31st, 2008, 12:08 AM
Pennetta actually played well, Venus wasn't THAT bad.

Serena was pathetic, how she can play like that in a Slam 3R against Srebotnik is amusing to me.

serenus_2k8
May 31st, 2008, 12:09 AM
I think its tough for Vee to go out when her family will be upset :hug:

But yeah, they clearly beat themselves, with a little help :angel:

Still, outplayed, ranking/name wont carry you into the quarters!

Hoping for Serb and Russian SF showdownds now :devil: But, let me add, that I think either of the girls would have beaten Maria, she got lucky :D

sasha&tennis
May 31st, 2008, 12:16 AM
I would truly have to say that they were both beneficiaries of the Williams sister's. Because we all know that if Venus and Serena would have played their best tennis they would still be there and Maria would have won in straights sets instead of 3.

Bruno71
May 31st, 2008, 12:17 AM
Yes, Serena imploded in her match, but Kata actually played a strategic match that frustrated the hell out of her. In fact, if Kata could've served better, it may not have even been close.

Flavia does nothing spectactularly, but everything well. She played solidly, aggressively, and went for the lines.

I say Kata played the better match overall...she had a more uphill battle.

V-MAC
May 31st, 2008, 02:01 AM
Pennetta actually played well, Venus wasn't THAT bad.

Serena was pathetic, how she can play like that in a Slam 3R against Srebotnik is amusing to me.

nah Venus was bad, but what was more disappointing than her game was her attitude out there. She just looked like she didn't care so much about the match and let Flavia completely dictate. Anyway I didn't see the Kata/Serena match so I don't know who played better but Flavia played pretty damn well.

delicatecutter
May 31st, 2008, 02:34 AM
Flavia is soo pretty :hearts: However I honestly can't vote in the poll because I refuse to watch the Serena/Kata match. Too devastating. :sad:

Renalicious
May 31st, 2008, 03:52 AM
Both sisters played like shit. But Venus' loss is less disappointing because Flavia played okay.