PDA

View Full Version : Latest News: Anna will move to Belgium and get a coach from Ju's Academy

Mileen
May 30th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Gloomy Anna

Bart Lagae | 30 mei 2008 om 12:52

In earlier days there was the beautiful Anna with two n’s, now there is the beautiful Ana with one ‘n’. But we are talking here today about the sad Anna, again with two n’s. Soon she will probably move to Belgium.

Does Anna Chakvetadze usually walk around like she's just been told her favorite dog has died, yesterday, when we met her for our interview she looked even twice as sad.

Leaning in a little leather chair, she just answered the questions about her match with a simple “yes” or “no”. As the #6 in the world, she was the highest ranked player who lost in the second round in Paris.

Chakvetadze, the player with the longest plat in women’s tennis history, is perhaps the most talented of all the Russian women tennis players, but for a year her tennis (development) seems to have got stuck. The 21 year old from Moscow got coached by her father and still has difficulty to control her emotions. Last Thursday, after her loss with 64 76 to Kaia Kanepi from Estland, she bursted into tears again. In an effort to climb out of her slump, she has now resorted to nobody less than Carlos Rodrigues. The man who would never coach someone else than Justine Henin.

“As you can see, I'm in need of a good coach,” said Chakvetadze. “And Carlos is a good coach.”

This morning, Carlos affirmed the news, but was quick to add he didn’t feel like traveling around the world with her. “She gets a coach from the Academy. In between the tournaments I can guide her here in Belgium. But she will have to accept she will have to make a lot of sacrifices. She has great potential, but is physically not in good shape.”

The collaboration also means that gloomy Anna will move to Belgium. Or, how our country, after Kim and Justine, will get a “Belgian” successor after all.

TheBoiledEgg
May 30th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Anna's never had a proper coach for like ever apart from her dad and the odd stints here and there with likes of Lansdorf and now Carlos.

go Anna !!!!!!!

tenn_ace
May 30th, 2008, 09:15 PM
is she taking Belgian citizenship?

tequila
May 30th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Bye bye Russia

spiritedenergy
May 30th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Oh my she's desperate:lol:

Kworb
May 30th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Good luck Anna!!!!!

TheBoiledEgg
May 30th, 2008, 09:19 PM
she's just training in Belgium

Selah
May 30th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Good move for Anna but I still see her as one of those players who will always be consistently inconsistent, with a few great weeks here and there throughout her career, but good on her for trying to do something different to improve.

Cp6uja
May 30th, 2008, 09:25 PM
I'm still thinking that Anna 2008 "free fall" is mostly connected with that december robbery trauma. She finished 2006 and played whole 2007 like mentaly strongest WTA player and in 2008 she is perfect example of "another" WTA headcase. I hope she will recovery very soon and be again real TOP10 player.

Dodoboy.
May 30th, 2008, 09:33 PM
I am happy for her.

I hope she is able to turn her season around.

I only cheered against her because she has standing in the way of a higher ranking for Vee and Ree. But since that ship has sailed GO ANNA :rocker:

She can produce some good tennis. We just need to get off the dirt. I mean i am forgetting how good some players are, and how bad some are sometimes.

Pink Princess
May 30th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Gloomy Anna

Bart Lagae | 30 mei 2008 om 12:52

In earlier days there was the beautiful Anna with two n’s, now there is the beautiful Ana with one ‘n’. But we are talking here today about the sad Anna, again with two n’s. Soon she will probably move to Belgium.

Does Anna Chakvetadze usually walk around like she's just been told her favorite dog has died, yesterday, when we met her for our interview she looked even twice as sad.

Leaning in a little leather chair, she just answered the questions about her match with a simple “yes” or “no”. As the #6 in the world, she was the highest ranked player who lost in the second round in Paris.

Chakvetadze, the player with the longest plat in women’s tennis history, is perhaps the most talented of all the Russian women tennis players, but for a year her tennis (development) seems to have got stuck. The 21 year old from Moscow got coached by her father and still has difficulty to control her emotions. Last Thursday, after her loss with 64 76 to Kaia Kanepi from Estland, she bursted into tears again. In an effort to climb out of her slump, she has now resorted to nobody less than Carlos Rodrigues. The man who would never coach someone else than Justine Henin.

“As you can see, I'm in need of a good coach,” said Chakvetadze. “And Carlos is a good coach.”

This morning, Carlos affirmed the news, but was quick to add he didn’t feel like traveling around the world with her. “She gets a coach from the Academy. In between the tournaments I can guide her here in Belgium. But she will have to accept she will have to make a lot of sacrifices. She has great potential, but is physically not in good shape.”

The collaboration also means that gloomy Anna will move to Belgium. Or, how our country, after Kim and Justine, will get a “Belgian” successor after all.

Anna:smooch:

http://img33.picoodle.com/img/img33/4/5/30/f_DSCF5630m_86cbd2f.png

GO ANNA:bigclap::bigclap::bigclap:

sammy01
May 30th, 2008, 09:52 PM
i think its a great move for her. she has got this far in tennis without a coach which is an achievement but shes desperately needs someone to make her game and situation more professional, when she said she has only been doing hitting with a hitting partner i was just gobsmacked. anna needs to be with a coach practicing new shots, playing out points doing as instructed, improving her volleys and this just isn't going to happen if shes just hitting with no guidance. i also think anna is a victim of her success i know she set her goal as top 5 but i dont think she realy believed it would happen, then when it did it was like ok what now? the next step for anna is top 3 or a grand slam final and thats only going to happen with a coach there pushing her in the right direction, making her put in the hours and practice the shots she needs to work on.
i realy hope carlos is hard on anna and makes her work hard because i also get the felling she has relied on natural tallent too much and not worked on getting fitter and stronger and adding things to her game. i can see anna being a constant top 20 player in and out of the top 10 depending on her mental state for the next 5 years, if she carries on the way she is now, but with a coach and hard work theres no reason she cant be constantly in the top 10 for the next 5 years and top 5 for some of it. i mean lets face it theres been on court coaching for 2 years now and its something that anna could realy use and take advantage of someone coming on when she feels shes losing it or struggling (like in rome at a set and 3-0, when it got to 3-2 it would have been the perfect time for a coach to come on and reasure her) but that options not there with not having a proper coach. i think annas serious about being a top player for a long time and the work with carlos is just whats she needs to help her achieve it.

good luck anna!

Paul.be
May 30th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Perhaps some remember Justine wasn't the strongest physically and mentally either when she was new on the tour. She looked for help in these departments and with hard work she became much stronger. She always kept some mental problems during matches, like closing a set or a match. Carlos certainly was a essential part in overcoming these problems. It was him who told Justine when she was ranked about #6 that if she wanted to go all the way, she really had to step it up and work on a lot of problems. We all know to what that led. If Anna is prepared to work hard and - like Carlos said - to make sacrifices, I'm convinced this partnership can become very fruitful.

spiritedenergy
May 30th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Perhaps some remember wasn't the strongest physically and mentally either when she was new on the tour. She looked for help in these departments and with hard work she became much stronger. She always kept some mental problems during matches, like closing a set or a match. Carlos certainly was a essential part in overcoming these problems. It was him who told Justine when she was ranked about #6 that if she wanted to go all the way, she really had to step it up and work on a lot of problems. We all know to what that led. If Anna is prepared to work hard and - like Carlos said - to make sacrifices, I'm convinced this partnership can become very fruitful.

yes she's going to win 7 slams and Olympic Gold. Go aNnA!!111!!#@11!