PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had the feeling today that Venus and Serena are losing the passion of tennis?

wtatourfan
May 30th, 2008, 07:59 PM
I Did!

serenus_2k8
May 30th, 2008, 08:00 PM
Nope, Ree was just confused for some reason she never came out fighting and Venus confidence was rock bottom after little sis went plunging out.

Cant be easy playing the last match on court not knowing what is going on in your camp :hug: Well tried!

wtatourfan
May 30th, 2008, 08:01 PM
I love both of them, but it seemed that Venus wanted to lose so she could fly back to USA on the first flight in the morning.

sharapovarulz1
May 30th, 2008, 08:01 PM
No I don't think they have, just a bad day everyone has them except Maria who has 2 in a row!!!!!

kiwifan
May 30th, 2008, 08:02 PM
only idiots 'take the temperature' of American professional tennis players during the Clay Court Season...

...only idiots who know very little about tennis. :)

Start these threads after Wimbledon. :yawn:

Becool
May 30th, 2008, 08:03 PM
i think shit happens...

that's what happened.. no one will win forever.. it's not like srebotnik will beat serena everytime from now on.. we all know what kind of player srebotnik is, so I think that was an fatality..

i'm sad but not worried.. they'll still keep beating top players and vice-versa so that's it

wtatourfan
May 30th, 2008, 08:12 PM
If Venus cared, she would have stopped play for darkness, regroup and fight tomorrow. Instead, she chose to give a half-hearted effort in darkness.

Agreed!

VeeJJ
May 30th, 2008, 08:14 PM
^^^agreed. i don't think that completely lost their passion they just have to decide wat days they want to bring it to court. not so often lately.

treufreund
May 30th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Maybe a little bit, but really they are trying to play more tournaments these days. I think that they are not used to playing more events so that could be a factor in burnout. Let's face it too. All the players are so fit and tough these days that there really are very few easy matches anymore.

sunset
May 30th, 2008, 08:18 PM
I Did!

Are you kidding me. It was burnt out a long time ago. Right now they're both running on fumes. Tennis has passed them bye. This would be a good time for them both to retire. :bounce:

RenaSlam.
May 30th, 2008, 08:20 PM
Oh shut the hell up.

They both had off days and their opponents played well.

...but in reality, it's clay. Although they lost in the 3R this year, let's not forget there were only 2 other FO finalists other than them.

We all know Americans thrive on the faster surfaces anyway :drool:

Craigy
May 30th, 2008, 08:21 PM
Are you kidding me. It was burnt out a long time ago. Right now they're both running on fumes. Tennis has passed them bye. This would be a good time for them both to retire. :bounce:

Yes players ranked #5 and #8 are just useless and should retire. Dear lord you really are such a retard. :weirdo: And weirdly obsessed might I add. :unsure:

Craigy
May 30th, 2008, 08:22 PM
They just had a bad day. It happens to everyone. Can this board please stop overreacting? :o

Olórin
May 30th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Serena and Venus both played passionless tennis today, however there passion for tennis is very much still there and they will have plenty for to say this year. :wavey:

Vincey!
May 30th, 2008, 08:25 PM
I think Venus didn't care at all about fighting for that match, she must only looking for Wimbledon and who knows after that.

I don't think Serena lost her passion, it was just a tough day for her.

Dodoboy.
May 30th, 2008, 08:29 PM
only idiots 'take the temperature' of American professional tennis players during the Clay Court Season...

...only idiots who know very little about tennis. :)

Start these threads after Wimbledon. :yawn:

Hallelujah!

Seriously, wtaworld is over-reacting.

Everytime i go on GM - there is a new thread.

What's next - ?

Slutiana
May 30th, 2008, 08:29 PM
:lol: You're not serious.

Venus and Serena were both fired up today, tried and played their hardest... It wasn't like Serena's FO Qf last year they just both had bad days against opponents who were playing like they were the world no. 1 and 2.

If Sharapova and even Ivanovic don't get their shit together they will be following them out in the 3rd and 4th rd, too.

darrinbaker00
May 30th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Some days, you're the dog; other days, you're the fire hydrant. Today, Venus and Serena were the fire hydrant. It happens.

Kipling
May 30th, 2008, 08:33 PM
Gee darn. Somebody should play "Taps" or something...

starin
May 30th, 2008, 08:34 PM
If Venus cared, she would have stopped play for darkness, regroup and fight tomorrow. Instead, she chose to give a half-hearted effort in darkness.

Venus is always like that. She's always been very fair and just goes w/ the rules and the calls. Like at Wimbledon where the umpire stole a point from her. Serena's the same way. I don't think that in itself is an indication of lack of passion

Some days, you're the dog; other days, you're the fire hydrant. Today, Venus and Serena were the fire hydrant. It happens.

:lol::tape:

darrinbaker00
May 30th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Venus is always like that. She's always been very fair and just goes w/ the rules and the calls. Like at Wimbledon where the umpire stole a point from her. Serena's the same way. I don't think that in itself is an indication of lack of passion
There would have been nothing unfair about Venus asking the chair umpire to stop play because of darkness, my friend. Play had already been suspended on other courts.

SAEKeithSerena
May 30th, 2008, 08:58 PM
nope:)

starin
May 30th, 2008, 09:05 PM
There would have been nothing unfair about Venus asking the chair umpire to stop play because of darkness, my friend. Play had already been suspended on other courts.

of course i meant she never makes a fuss over what the officials are doing. she usually just goes with it. this is not somethign new.

sunset
May 30th, 2008, 09:22 PM
:lol: You're not serious.

Venus and Serena were both fired up today, tried and played their hardest... It wasn't like Serena's FO Qf last year they just both had bad days against opponents who were playing like they were the world no. 1 and 2.

If Sharapova and even Ivanovic don't get their shit together they will be following them out in the 3rd and 4th rd, too.

Yes, but the difference is, they did and they are. :lol: :lol:

Craigy
May 30th, 2008, 09:23 PM
Yes, but the difference is, they did and they are. :lol: :lol:

Haha you're so funny. :)

http://i25.tinypic.com/eqwck7.png

Demska
May 30th, 2008, 09:32 PM
They just had a bad day. It happens to everyone. Can this board please stop overreacting? :o

:spit:

Can you turn water into wine? :o

V's a star
May 30th, 2008, 09:41 PM
this has been said many times

yassiesj20
Jun 4th, 2008, 01:36 PM
This thread is pathetic-they lose and everyone starts writing them off. Get a life!

Paneru
Jun 4th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Talk about being original!
Get some new material, PLEASE!!!

V&S were suppossed to be gone years ago, and yet
it's seemingly everyone else of grand stature
that has left while they remain. Go figure!

Jasmin
Jun 4th, 2008, 01:58 PM
I think it's there but with the history of the French Open I wouldn't blame them if they weren't as excited for that slam as they are for others.

fufuqifuqishahah
Jun 4th, 2008, 04:20 PM
At least they are playing? :shrug:

I think they both have desire. Maybe not the same amount of killer instinct, but they're both still playing, and can play extremely well at times.

Destiny
Jun 4th, 2008, 04:23 PM
They are fine they just need to get a few things together

sweetpeas
Jun 4th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Gosh,,,,How many time"s have we heard this one?

Direwolf
Jun 4th, 2008, 07:33 PM
nope...

not really...

i think that Venus has lost her passion for fashion
have you seen her clothes??
it was weird...

with weird clothes
comes weird thinking..

V's a star
Jun 4th, 2008, 08:36 PM
obviosily yes anyone who says no is lyin to themselves. U cant blame them tho. At there peak they both got sevre injuries and their sister was murder around the same time and they both stated after that, they had a new outlook on life and tennis.

Also there international celebrities and have won everything, before they were jus brought up to win tennis. After they did all that what is inspiring them??? They already have everthing they could ever want or need. So its no longer live or die on the court everyday cuz as soon as the match is over. They have sum event to go to or more designing to do where as before it was back to the courts and onto the next tournament.

All in all i still love Venus and hope everyday for the best. But its her life n shell do what she wants. She knows what it takes to win shes been there enough and will be again