PDA

View Full Version : Prediction:Sharapova will win Career Grandslam

stkenyi
May 30th, 2008, 08:53 PM
I'm calling it now. Venus and Serena have peaked already.

sharapovarulz1
May 30th, 2008, 08:55 PM
I am not sure! if Maria wants to win she has to buck up her own game otherwise she will be following Serena and Venus!

oleada
May 30th, 2008, 08:55 PM
Not with the way she's playing lately.

jonny84
May 30th, 2008, 08:56 PM
I dont think this year - she has lost a set to Mattek and Rodina. I think she will lose to Safina who is hot on clay at the moment.

faboozadoo15
May 30th, 2008, 08:56 PM
This has first Serbian slam written all over it. I'd like Sveta to play the spoiler though.

Maria would really have to pick her game up...

goldenlox
May 30th, 2008, 08:59 PM
She has plenty of years to do it. But this draw is certainly favorable, especially if Dinara doesn't show up big.

serenus_2k8
May 30th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Who cares now :yawn:

Wimb any1? :shrug:

VeeJJ
Umm yeah she will but not this year. Give her a few more years. She still can't move on clay and she'll probaly be ousted by either Dementieva, Safina, or Zvonareva.

joeygoal
I think she has a great chance to do so. She certainly has to up her level but she must absolutely love her chances right now. She's in the "easier" part of the draw and although she's not playing her best, she can certainly reach that as the tournament goes on.
If she does win it, a golden slam would be very probable.

As for me, I would like Ana to win her first grand slam here. I like her the best after Serena and Venus.

Uranium
May 30th, 2008, 09:02 PM
if Maria wins the French, it will be the death of tennis for a cow on ice to win French.:o

But this year is now her best chance with Henin, Serena and Venus gone:shrug:

Sylvester
May 30th, 2008, 09:03 PM
Dementieva will win RG and I'll have the happiest day of my life! :hearts:

Shoulderpova
May 30th, 2008, 09:04 PM
If this is hardcourt or grass, yes. So no way :lol:

stkenyi
May 30th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Venus and Serena piss me off because it seems they don't want it anymore. Why does the tennis world have to count them out in order for them to win a slam. No fight in these girls anymore. Maria at least fights even though she is not at her best. I am so mad both sisters lost. What a crappy day. Sharapova will win based on her guts.

faboozadoo15
May 30th, 2008, 09:05 PM
How does the Williams sisters being past their prime have anything to do with this? Sharapova has to get through hotter claycourt players. Their losses don't do much for Maria right now. It increases the chances for Ana about 5 fold, however.

Becool
May 30th, 2008, 09:05 PM
lol, don't be so sure of her winning french open

mattek and godina gave her hell of matches.. and there's still the serbians and kustensova.. and other tricky players

young_gunner913
May 30th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Maria wont win IMO. She's got Safina, Dementieva, and Sveta to deal with.
If she can manage to get past Safina and Lena, Sveta will destroy her.

Let's go SVETA!! :hearts:

wtatourfan
May 30th, 2008, 09:11 PM
she will win it!!
Safina won´t beat her twice in Paris (she won´t let this happen)
Govorstova will be satisfyed with the QF.
Kuzzy will be destroyed in SF.
Ana will be 3-time GS Runner-up.
Maria Sharapova will have 4 GS titles, and a carreer Grand Slam under her belt.

Mashafaaaaan
May 30th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Honestly, I don't think so. Look at how all players play very well in this tournament, there is a lot of players who have chances to win since Henin is gone. Williams and Sharapova will be the best on hardcourts and on grass but not on clay, players know this is the only surface where they can win because after FOpen, Sharapova and Williams should win EVERYTHING.
IMO, Jankovic or Kuznetsova or Ivanovic will win FO.

drgray
May 30th, 2008, 09:22 PM
She won't win this title until 2010 I'm afraid... :rolleyes:

young_gunner913
May 30th, 2008, 09:23 PM
she will win it!!

Trying to convince us or yourself?

Coffee&TV
May 30th, 2008, 09:23 PM
I dont think so.. :tape: :shrug:

Uranium
May 30th, 2008, 09:24 PM
she will win it!!

:spit:
I think Elena Dementieva will win the title(if she doesn't this is the worst French Open ever!)

starin
May 30th, 2008, 09:24 PM
unless some other player step up she def. has her chances. her grit and iron will could carry her through.

Minotaur
May 30th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Total bullshit i must say

Maria is too 'busy' with her injuries so she can't play constantly on her hign level

alfonsojose
May 30th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Even if she wins tomorrow, Dinara, Vera, Kuzzy or Nadia are better on clay. Even Azarenka could eat her alive. Her flat groundies don't hurt that much on clay

Minotaur
May 30th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Even if she wins tomorrow, Dinara, Vera, Kuzzy or Nadia are better on clay. Even Azarenka could eat her alive. Her flat groundies don't hurt that much on clay

Nadia? Are you joking? :rolleyes:

mckyle.
May 30th, 2008, 09:30 PM
if Maria wins the French, it will be the death of tennis for a cow on ice to win French.:o

But this year is now her best chance with Henin, Serena gone

Edited your quote a bit, so now it's true.

SAEKeithSerena
May 30th, 2008, 10:00 PM
she's been handed this. let's see if she takes advantage of it.

selesbooz
May 30th, 2008, 10:10 PM
This is a great gift that Maria has.:bounce:

If she doesn't win you better believe that she will go down fighting unlike someone.:help:

Sharakim
May 30th, 2008, 10:11 PM
Until she is eliminated, I firmly believe that she'll make the final and win based solely on her grit and determination. Maria for RG champ!

IceHock
May 30th, 2008, 10:11 PM
would not be shocked to see cibulkova take her out, she gets taken to 3 sets by mattek who she has creamed time and time before, i know she's beaten dominika twice on clay, but i think she might pull it off, either way i don't see her getting past safina or kuznetsova.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
May 30th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Maria is not playing better than last year. Still a miracle how she reached SF. I don't think it will change this tournament.
Maria had already many 3 setters on clay this year.
Safina is still on fire after Berlin. If they meet, I won't give Maria much chance.

The Daviator
May 30th, 2008, 10:15 PM
This is a great gift that Maria has.:bounce:

If she doesn't win you better believe that she will go down fighting unlike someone.:help:

Like last year?

Shvedbarilescu
May 30th, 2008, 10:16 PM
One day Sharapova might win Roland Garros. But she still has a lot of improving to do on this surface and it is definately not a foregone conclusion.

She will not, repeat not, win it this year. She will not under any circumstances but a severe injury to Safina, get to the quarterfinals this year, let alone win it. There are at least half a dozen players in the top half of the draw who are playing better than her.

@Sweet Cleopatra
May 30th, 2008, 10:27 PM
she has to do this

morningglory
May 30th, 2008, 10:37 PM
MAybe not this year... but eventually... the road to the FO crown is a lot more open now

s_j
May 30th, 2008, 10:37 PM
One day Sharapova might win Roland Garros. But she still has a lot of improving to do on this surface and it is definately not a foregone conclusion.

She will not, repeat not, win it this year. She will not under any circumstances but a severe injury to Safina, get to the quarterfinals this year, let alone win it. There are at least half a dozen players in the top half of the draw who are playing better than her.

This is Maria Sharapova we're talking about - one of the most determined, mentally toughest fighter on the women's tour. There is nothing to say Maria can't step up and improve her form. Just because she started off the tournament badly in the first two rounds, doesn't mean she'll continue playing that way throughout the whole tournament.

ASP0315
May 30th, 2008, 10:44 PM
no.
because just simply watch round 1 and 2. :lol:

SharapovaFan16
May 30th, 2008, 10:46 PM
Who cares now :yawn:

Wimb any1? :shrug:

Your not much of a tennis fan are you? Just a Venus & Serena thong chewer. Get out of here!

Marco Fernandes
May 30th, 2008, 10:47 PM
Well , if Maria wins it , it will be deserved without a doubt. What's most likely to happen is that people will begin to say she shouldn't have won , etc etc. But i doubt it will happen . Safina will knock her out.

But there's something i don't understand ... I mean, people say Ivanovic is the main favourite like if she was a clay court player. She's just like maria. It's her worst surface and she hasn't the game to play on it. She hits hard and the best surface for her game is hard and grass courts. So i guess if Ana wins it people will be sad because she's not that stereotyped clay court player. Get over it. Whoever wins the French this year, it will be deserved, so stop saying if maria wins it , it will be the "death" of Roland Garros, etc etc. :o !

SharapovaFan16
May 30th, 2008, 10:48 PM
Like last year?

Wait Maria was 100% last year? :rolleyes:

Lunaris
May 30th, 2008, 11:02 PM
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/2375/15038733286f06e01336ka8.jpg