PDA

View Full Version : Has Serena lost motivation now that there are no worthy rivals?

Kworb
May 30th, 2008, 05:35 PM
With Justine gone, Serena really has nothing left to fight for. Her title as greatest of her generation is safe, she has the career slam. She's clearly better than all of the current "top" players. Do you think Justine was what motivated her to return to her best form, and she will now lose that again?

Aaron.
May 30th, 2008, 05:37 PM
:weirdo:

SharapovaFan16
May 30th, 2008, 05:38 PM
With Justine gone, Serena really has nothing left to fight for. Her title as greatest of her generation is safe, she has the career slam. She's clearly better than all of the current "top" players. Do you think Justine was what motivated her to return to her best form, and she will now lose that again?

Honestly what are you talking about? If you need other players to motivate you into being the best in any given sport than you my friend aren't a competitor. All Serena needs is herself and that is motivation enough. Why are you trying to stir up trouble with a brainless post?

Go crawl back into your hole where you belong, you sound like an idiot.

Mashafaaaaan
May 30th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Good for Sharapova:drool:

Paul.be
May 30th, 2008, 05:40 PM
The poor thing is completely lost now Justine is gone. :rolleyes:

What is Superman without Lex Luthor or Sherlock Holmes without Dr. Moriarty. (I let you decide who ressembles who.)

matty
May 30th, 2008, 05:44 PM
She's just lost motivation because she doesn't seem to care anymore. She's probably burned out.

LUVMIRZA
May 30th, 2008, 05:44 PM
:haha: this post

sunset
May 30th, 2008, 05:46 PM

http://media.miamiherald.com/smedia/2008/05/30/09/FRANCE_TENNIS_FRENCH_OPEN.sff.embedded.prod_affili ate.56.jpg

Serena got smoked in straight sets by a 27 year old woman who has never even come close to beating a top player. 27 lets see, thats about 82 years old in tennis years. :lol:

This chapter is closed. Time for the new generation of stars to shine.

Shimizu Amon
May 30th, 2008, 05:51 PM
:cuckoo:

ZeroSOFInfinity
May 30th, 2008, 05:52 PM

If she loses motivation now, might as well follow Justine into retirement, since she lost the "fire".

Then again, I don't think so. :tape:

Craigy
May 30th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Serena got smoked in straight sets by a 27 year old woman who has never even come close to beating a top player.

Shows how much you know about tennis. :weirdo:
And it's always hilarious how you come posting when Serena loses and you're nowhere to be found when she's winning. Such a coward.

Craigy
May 30th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Anyway, threads like these are pointless. Serena lost fair and square. Just accept it and move on.

Malva
May 30th, 2008, 06:29 PM

Kworb, this is an ultimate sarcasm; you are a master of the genre.

ladydiana
May 30th, 2008, 06:49 PM
I am a big Serena fan, but she just got whipped by Katrina Srebotnik. You have to give Katrina her props for going out there with a game plan and executing it and winning the game fair and square.
I keep repeating what BJK states all the time, and that is it doesn't matter what a player does before a grand slam, they have two weeks to play against a field of women who are eager to win and who has a 50% chance of winning just like the top players.
Don't listen to Pam, MJF, and Carillo automatically state that Serena is gonna be in the finals based on her past performance. They do that because they have to build up media attention.
Serena like all of the other players just needed to survive the first week and then turn it on during the second week. Those commentators talked about Venus so badly, then Maria had over 16 double faults and they made excuses for her.
Katrina wasn't intimidated and she's a good clay court player and she mixed up her game and ran Serena from side to side and Serena lost. She just did what Justine normally does.
But congrats to Katrina, and Serena will be okay. Serena will win other grand slams, it just won't be the FO this year. Serena will prepare for Wimbledon like Amelie Mauresmo and the other players who lost early.
Serena is a professional and she has to take her losses just like she has to take her wins. That's life.

Kenny
May 30th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Uhm.. hell no. She just had a BADDD day.

jujufreak
May 30th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Her title as greatest of her generation is safe

:tape:

NeoZod19
May 30th, 2008, 07:06 PM
She's just lost motivation because she doesn't seem to care anymore. She's probably burned out.

I think you are right! based on today's lost, I think Serena has no more motivation left to compete, and now that Justine left I think she will be next! Because she has won so many already..she doesn't need to prove that she is one of the champ anymore.she said early year about wanting to win more but as a result it turns out to be the opposite so......I hope she'll stick around!!

ladydiana
May 30th, 2008, 07:22 PM
I don't know why some people think Serena isn't motivated and won't be around for long. Serena will play until her contract is up. Nike isn't making special clothes and paying her millions of dollars for her not to win.
Serena is a champion and Justine's retirement has nothing to do with Serena.

NeoZod19
May 30th, 2008, 07:26 PM
I don't know why some people think Serena isn't motivated and won't be around for long. Serena will play until her contract is up. Nike isn't making special clothes and paying her millions of dollars for her not to win.
Serena is a champion and Justine's retirement has nothing to do with Serena.

I know what you mean but sometime it might be an influence and affect her moral!! it might be just a short term thing as well.

nelsondan
May 30th, 2008, 07:54 PM
no.

Peterk07
May 30th, 2008, 08:09 PM
No one loose her motivation on a grand slam match when knows that the whole world will talk about her letdown if she looses. If Serena lost her motivation, it was during her preparation/training. But if she did, who could she be soo good in Miami and for a few weeks after?