PDA

View Full Version : RG R3: (14) Radwanska def (19) Cornet 6-4 6-4

SOA_MC
May 30th, 2008, 03:02 PM
A classic old style match I congratulate both on the way they play the game:worship:

Aga:D

Alize:hug:

Malva
One word: fantastic!

Congratulations to Agnieszka!

Consolations to Alizé...

RenaSlam.
Radwanska's game is :hearts:

I've never seen her play really, but she has a great game.

Cornet must be disappointed.

TheBoiledEgg
May 30th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Alize :fiery: let her back in at *4-1 in 1st :banghead:

ElusiveChanteuse
Aga couldn't serve it out for the match but managed to got the last break!:D :banana: :bounce:

Alize :hug: A great future ahead no doubt.:)

DragonFlame
That first set alizé!:o Never really recuperated after that... :hug: Awh well, you're gonna be big! Keep improving!

RenaSlam.
May 30th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Alize :fiery: let her back in at *4-1 in 1st :banghead:

Eggie never gives credit to his non-favorites...it's always their fault they lost. :tape: :tape: :tape:

:rolleyes:

Renalicious
Woohoo! I love Aga! Thank you!!

Keadz
It was a good match, Aga really picked it up from 4-1 down in the first set. Poor Alize though, she had her chances but Aga seemed to have answers for most of her shots.

Great clay season for bot of these players

hayleytrotter
Alize :(

:hug:

Better luck at wimbledon! Congratulations Aga!

A'DAM
May 30th, 2008, 03:05 PM
I wonder what will be the excuse for Alize (by the posters) to explain why she lost.
It cant be that Aga was simply better player it has to be some other reason :haha:

A'DAM
:bounce:

Langers
I love Radwanska. She is adorable. Great win!!!

Derek.
Alizé. :sobbing:
So many blown leads in this match. :help:

Aga broke her like 3 times with Alizé having lead 40-15 in the game. :o

Well done, Aga.

LudwigDvorak
That second set was for the large part fantastic. I can't believe Navratilova said Radwanska will only fluctuate around the top 20-15 for her career...she is so talented. :shrug:

Great win, Aga. I must admit I was rooting for Alize, but this was a win/win for me anyway. Take out JJ/Cibulkova. :)

mckyle.
Aww :awww: This was such a tough match for me because I really love both girls, both are so sweet. Congrats to Agi, hopefully she can advance to the QF or maybe even better. Alize will have many, many more chances to advance to the second week so it's okay. I'm proud of how she fought back in the second set.

Paul.
May 30th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Disappointing appearance for Alizé what with all of the recent hype etc.

I expect her to be at least a semi-finalist in the not too distant future :)

Aga :yeah:

Il Primo!
May 30th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Aga :hearts: Actually, Cornet is a poor woman's Radwanska if you ask me :shrug:

AndreConrad
Great performance from both girls :hatoff:; it was pleasure to watch. I don't care who is whos favorite, not every match is so enjoyable... Agnieszka congrats :yeah:

papru
Aga :woohoo: another great comeback :D

I wonder what Alize will say now about Aga 'shes not nice cause she didnt say hello... well actually shes not nice cause she beat me'

дalex
May 30th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Entertaining, great match. Congrats to Agnieszka!

A'DAM
That second set was for the large part fantastic. I can't believe Navratilova said Radwanska will only fluctuate around the top 20-15 for her career...she is so talented. :shrug:

Great win, Aga. I must admit I was rooting for Alize, but this was a win/win for me anyway. Take out JJ/Cibulkova. :)

Well she is already inside top 15 ;)

Iceland
Alizé :sad:.... So many unconverted GPs & tactical mistakes but she fought so well to come back. There are still flaws in her game, her backhand is a bit weird & she can definitely work more on her serve and volleys. She will make it in Roland-Garros :).

Aga, what to say, you're a genius on court, I love her shots, her attitude & her changes of rhythm. It was a fantastic match and I'm glad those two represent the future of tennis. Don't dare losing now Aga!

saint2
Disappointing appearance for Alizé what with all of the recent hype etc.

Disapointing? rotfl. At begining of this year she loses to everyone including Salerni on Clay. Now she's a treat to everyone. Not only on clay I hope.

Oh, and congratulations Agnieszka :yeah:

Geoffrey91
I wonder what will be the excuse for Alize (by the posters) to explain why she lost.
It cant be that Aga was simply better player it has to be some other reason :haha:

Alizé said herself she felt better than Aga. She's really dissapointed but she knows she will be back stronger next year.

Mary Pierce thinks Alizé was too hesitating due the pressure and didn't play at her best during the whole match.

M&M
May 30th, 2008, 03:10 PM
aga :kiss:

DragonFlame
I wonder what Alize will say now about Aga 'shes not nice cause she didnt say hello... well actually shes not nice cause she beat me'

The thing you're referring too was anna ckackvetadze, not aga. She said great things about aga. Get your facts straight:rolleyes:

A'DAM
Jankovic is the next stop ;)

A'DAM
The thing you're referring too was anna ckackvetadze, not aga. She said great things about aga. Get your facts straight:rolleyes:

well he was sarcastic...!

M&M
May 30th, 2008, 03:11 PM
:kiss:

Aryman3
Kaz
if you repeat this insult writing you'll be permanently delated from this Forum
Save your hate for yourself

Iceland

Pff :rolleyes:. Alizé said Aga was very very solid and that the match could have gone either way. Their reaction at the net shows they respect each other so no need to create a useless debate.

Paul.
Disapointing? rotfl. At begining of this year she loses to everyone including Salerni on Clay. Now she's a treat to everyone. Not only on clay I hope.

Oh, and congratulations Agnieszka :yeah:

What I mean is, a lot of people were putting so much pressure on her, expecting her to reach the quarters, semis or better..

I wish these two girls didn't have to meet so early. It's a shame she didn't quite live up to such high expectations, but still a commendable performanace to say the least :)

Oh, and letting a *4-1 first set lead slip away so catastrophically is disappointing for anyone :help:

Blu€
May 30th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Alizé :bigcry::sobbing::sobbing:
Go Cibulkova!

pancake
May 30th, 2008, 03:13 PM
A good match. And wow I am so impressed by how Alize fought back to make it 4*5 in the second set. If I am not mistaken she hit 4 winners in a row to break that game.

Congrats Aga:D Rooting for her today and glad she won. But she really needs to improve her serve.

aguy9797
great tennis to watch, good job Aga, I am glad you kept your composure, and did not lose a set, way to go!!

saint2

I remember Alize was VERY respectful, when talked about Aga. Chaky aint no saint, i think everyobody knows it, and Alize is stil a kid and MAY overreacting some things. No need to remind that quote all the time...

papru
May 30th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Aga :woohoo: well done :yeah:

Langers
May 30th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Is Aga the smartest player on tour?

Early in the match, ball from Cornet drops short, Aga runs in and looks to be hitting a drop shot to the other side and as a result Cornet starts running there. Then, Aga decides to hit a slow, spinning slice to the back of the court. Cornet barely gets a racquet to it.

Sooo smart.

blumaroo
May 30th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Radwanska has an abundance of tactical savvy and reads the game so well. Cornets game hasn't matured yet. She was rattled by her opponents variety and defense after a powerful start and made easy errors. Aga can really make her opponents play shit. I'm loving the dropshots too. I'm glad she's not in Maria's quarter.

saint2
May 30th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Kaz
if you repeat this insult writing you'll be permanently delated from this Forum
Save your hate for yourself

I am blind or I don't see any insult. Not that I agree with Kaz, but still, any insult...

Malva
May 30th, 2008, 03:16 PM
As some forum members said on the occasion of this match, it is such a pleasure, and an increasingly rare privilege, to watch women's tennis possessing artistry and elegance.

spriwi
May 30th, 2008, 03:18 PM
aga :rocker2:

i wish eurosport actually showed the match insead of giro d'italia :o

i hope she can reach the QF now :drool:

aguy9797
May 30th, 2008, 03:18 PM
no need for excuses...it must be very difficult to play against Alize in Paris facing a few thousand yelling fans, many players would crack down, let's give Aga some credit

Derek.
May 30th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Aga :hearts: Actually, Cornet is a poor woman's Radwanska if you ask me :shrug:

The only way they are similar is that they don't rely on power.

serenus_2k8
May 30th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Congrats Radwanksa! :D

pancake
May 30th, 2008, 03:20 PM
I am blind or I don't see any insult. Not that I agree with Kaz, but still, any insult...

LOL. Please open your eyes(no offence) and read his/her post AND check how he/she spells Radwanska's name.

AJZ.
May 30th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Amazing match. I didn't mind who won, as I think they're both great - just disappointed we didn't get a third set to watch.

aguy9797
May 30th, 2008, 03:25 PM
funny, Navratilova said Radwanska has already reached her potentioals, and Alize is a better player..she has changed the tune slightly as the match progressed

fouc
May 30th, 2008, 03:26 PM
it needs to be said that apart from some single moments, the audience were acting in very respectful way. and what surprised me the most, alize wasn't acting like a drama queen. of course she was doing some talking all the time, but it was nothing like yesterday's match with dulko. also, she was doing these beautiful backhand winners down the line (i believe about 7, stats lies)

but then, agnieszka- it was just adorable! so consistent, stable and god damn smart! drop shots weren't that great as in istanbul cup finals, but they are still her strongest card

second serve needs improvement (i would love to meet you on court for saying this, aga :) ), but i believe it was still better than cornet's, wasn't it?

RenaSlam.
Close your thread.

markhingis
it's gonna be a great rivalry between those girls in the future. congrats Aga! I like Alizee too, but Aga is closer to my heart for an obvious reason :)

aguy9797
May 30th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Amazing match. I didn't mind who won, as I think they're both great - just disappointed we didn't get a third set to watch.

it was great to watch, I am glad no third set though, let's Aga rest for Jelena or Dominica encounter :worship:

AnywhereButHome
May 30th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Well done Aga :bounce: !!!

meb
May 30th, 2008, 03:31 PM
:yeah: Now fight for QF!

justine schnyder
May 30th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Aga!!! :D :woohoo: :bigclap:
Great match for you! (I mean, after 1:4 in the 1st set)
She played really well after falling 1:4* in the 1st set..
But th 2nd serve :o Cornet had atleast 10 return winners..

Alize :hug: :hug: Still good match :hug: Aga was just too much I guess..

Derek.
May 30th, 2008, 03:32 PM
aga :rocker2:

i wish eurosport actually showed the match insead of giro d'italia :o

i hope she can reach the QF now :drool:

She can, but she won't. ;)

Dexter
May 30th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Well done, Aga! :banana: Great comeback in the 1st.
Good luck vs Jelena or Domi. :p
Alize. :hug: Shame these two had to meet so early. :(

Poova
May 30th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Shame British Eurosport showed Murray, would have loved to have seen this match. :sobbing:

Nikkiri
Good match, well done Aga. :D

miss molly
Congrats Aga:)

Destiny
May 30th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Alize :sobbing:

RND
May 30th, 2008, 03:48 PM
This was a great match to watch.Alize's BH let her down today.Basically there's two outcomes to it:

BH cross court:Aga slices back and error Alize;
BH DTL attack:Aga's FH passing. :shrug:

Aga has a beautiful and effortless game.Congrats. :yeah:

saint2
May 30th, 2008, 03:50 PM
funny, Navratilova said Radwanska has already reached her potentioals, and Alize is a better player..she has changed the tune slightly as the match progressed

Aga is one year older. Look where she was one year ago and compare it to where is Alize now.

TennisFanForever
May 30th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Alizé :sad: I thought you could have win one more match but Radwanska is so tough to beat.

Nice tournament, best result in RG :yeah:

No more French girls in the draw :tape:

CooCooCachoo
May 30th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Radwanska was simply slightly better out there today. All credit to her, but I think Alizé has more potential. Radwanska to me is more like a new Schnyder in terms of ranking and results she can achieve (which, of course, is still very very good).

ASP0315
May 30th, 2008, 03:54 PM
aga :yeah:

she hit some incredible angled winners and alize look like she is tired.(although she fought back in the second but agas power is too much for her to handle.)

Dawson.
May 30th, 2008, 03:56 PM
whoop!

Julian
May 30th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Like I said before I hated how these 2 had to meet so early.
I love Alize I met her before she was a sweetheart with a good head on her shoulders. She's got the committment and the talent and she will indeed have a great future.
Aga is a very smart tennis player who knows the game so well. I hope she continues to advance!

Bartek
May 30th, 2008, 04:00 PM
really good match, some points were masterly :) Aga :bounce: :kiss:

Alize :hug:

jonny84
May 30th, 2008, 04:19 PM
Though Alize would have got a set at least, but well done to Aggy!

Shoulderpova
May 30th, 2008, 04:28 PM
RG finalist my ass. This Cornet bitch is only good at badmouthing :spit:

AndreConrad
May 30th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Alize played very well and wasn't badmouthing anyone :shrug:

Drake1980
May 30th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Very impressive!:D:bounce:

saint2
May 30th, 2008, 04:34 PM

Well, she is top20 player, when You are just virtual tard...

SharapovaFan16
May 30th, 2008, 04:36 PM

Someone needs a nap

Kim's_fan_4ever
May 30th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Congrats Agnieszka, really nice win :yeah:

goldenlox
May 30th, 2008, 04:40 PM
Aga comes thru with some nice wins at majors.
A very intelligent player

Malva
May 30th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Aga comes thru with some nice wins at majors.
A very intelligent player

This is one of the reasons why I got attracted to her style of playing. Intelligence, style, and variety.

AnnaK_4ever
May 30th, 2008, 04:55 PM
The ugly and arrogant junior lost. Talented Aga won. The perfect outcome.

daniela86
May 30th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Nice match :) Congrats Aga :yeah: I really like her game :bounce: :bounce:

AndreConrad
May 30th, 2008, 05:11 PM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080530/capt.6edb97b3b5a3431dae31008e07d73062.france_tenni s_french_open_rog184.jpg
Poland's Agnieszka Radwanska, left, kisses France's Alize Cornet after their third round match of the French Open tennis tournament, Friday May 30, 2008 at the Roland Garros stadium in Paris.(AP Photo/David Vincent)

Malva
May 30th, 2008, 05:12 PM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080530/capt.6edb97b3b5a3431dae31008e07d73062.france_tenni s_french_open_rog184.jpg
Poland's Agnieszka Radwanska, left, kisses France's Alize Cornet after their third round match of the French Open tennis tournament, Friday May 30, 2008 at the Roland Garros stadium in Paris.(AP Photo/David Vincent)

:hug: to both.

.:sk:.
May 30th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Alizé :sad: :hug:

Aga :D

LeonHart
May 30th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Aga! :bounce:

I was so mad when I had to leave for school this morning and miss this match :sad:

.Andrew.
May 30th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Congrats to Aga! :worship:

I was expecting her to lose this match. She is on quite a streak after winning Istanbul. :eek:
Her 4R match against either JJ or Domi will be :drool:

Alize :( :awww: :hug:

Wojtek
May 30th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Well done Aga

hablo
May 30th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Disappointing result for Cornet.

Congrats to Agnieska. :yeah:

rrfnpump
May 30th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Yes!! Congrats, Aga and now win your 4th round as well! :)

Played very smart :worship:

ce
May 30th, 2008, 06:34 PM
:(

homogenius
May 30th, 2008, 06:40 PM
Bad luck with the draw for her.Still a decent showing considering the pressure she had here.
She has still a lot of things to improve but she progresses quickly.Hope she can keep it up on other surfaces.

Shinjiro
May 30th, 2008, 06:43 PM
"The second set was tournament tennis at its best. " dixit eurosport.com
I'll have to DL that one. The French TV only showed the end of the match, when Alize managed to get back to 4-5. I'm disappointed that she lost, especially in two sets, after her good start. Radwanska can definitely beat the winner of JJ/Cibulkova.

edit
And yes, though she's already ranked 20th, there's still a huge margin for improvement.

sharapovarulz1
May 30th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Well done Aga :D Keep this up!!!!

Truth*Hurts
May 30th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Alize bitch... Do you want to break the head of Aga too?

Radix2
May 30th, 2008, 07:43 PM
These are two talented young ladies. That is good news for the future of the WTA.

gumoll
May 30th, 2008, 07:59 PM
ayone recorded this match?

:awww:

Helaena
May 30th, 2008, 08:21 PM
this is the future of tennis :)

Shvedbarilescu
May 30th, 2008, 08:47 PM
I am very pleased for Aga. I might have underrated her claycourt ability. The way she is going right now she is playing every bit as well on clay as she does on every other surface. Great to see. Also worth noting how well Aga seems to be able to peak for the Slams and the big tournaments generally. That is the sign of a player who will win slams in the future. Incredibly thus far in the this tournament Aga has probably been the best player in the bottom half of the draw. I'm not sure that means she is going to beat Jankovic or Ivanovic but the possibility is certainly greater now than it was at the start of the event.

As to comparing Alize to Radwanska, Alize's game is tailermade for clay. In the long run she will probably be the better claycourter and she should have some outstanding RGs in the future. But I would favour Aga on any other surface. Alize has yet to get any significant results off the clay, whereas Aga has shown she can excel on grass, hardcourts, indoors, heck, Aga can excel on any surface where there is a net, some regulation lines drawn and a few tennis balls.

Keep it up Aga. :bounce:

kolan
May 30th, 2008, 08:54 PM
nice win aga :bounce: unlucky alize :sad: i bet this was a good match :) i was working unfortunately, the next match against jankovic/domi will be good :drool:

Malva
May 30th, 2008, 08:59 PM
@ ChrisCHorse

Chris, you are one the lights of the TennisForum, one of the reasons I joined it myself.

Your posts are invariably well informed and good mannered: an example for others to follow.

Escape
May 30th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Well done Aga :)
Keep it up and make the QF :bounce:

Coffee&TV
May 30th, 2008, 09:16 PM

M&M
May 30th, 2008, 09:37 PM
http://grafik.rp.pl/pics2/562/150562

Derek.
May 30th, 2008, 10:12 PM
@ ChrisCHorse

Chris, you are one the lights of the TennisForum, one of the reasons I joined it myself.

Your posts are invariably well informed and good mannered: an example for others to follow.

He's also delusional. :lol:

Endru.
May 30th, 2008, 10:13 PM
http://grafik.rp.pl/pics2/562/150562

this pic is :hearts:

kris719
May 30th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Yeah! we won't miss you alize...

adrovi
May 30th, 2008, 10:20 PM
Cornet :wavey::wavey: Au revoir ;)

oleada
May 30th, 2008, 10:39 PM
My favorite match of the day.
Great stuff from both players. Glad to see Aga win though. :)

Sally Todd
May 30th, 2008, 10:42 PM
If this is the future of tennis, it's a good thing. Both these players have great form and consistency to their groundstrokes. They do need to work on their serves if they truly are going to be top 5 or 10 in the next couple of years, though.

Cornet: :) -- not a bad tournament. So she says what she thinks. I don't even agree with her about Anna's "junior" comment (I've heard Chakvetadze say that about other younger players and not sound condescending), but I appreciate her candor.

Aga proved again today why she is the smartest tactician on the tour at the moment. Plus her backhand was a murder weapon. :worship:

Please Aga, beat Jankovic! I'd pay good money to watch "golden retriever" Jelena be outsmarted.

aguy9797
May 30th, 2008, 11:51 PM
If this is the future of tennis, it's a good thing. Both these players have great form and consistency to their groundstrokes. They do need to work on their serves if they truly are going to be top 5 or 10 in the next couple of years, though.

Cornet: :) -- not a bad tournament. So she says what she thinks. I don't even agree with her about Anna's "junior" comment (I've heard Chakvetadze say that about other younger players and not sound condescending), but I appreciate her candor.

Aga proved again today why she is the smartest tactician on the tour at the moment. Plus her backhand was a murder weapon. :worship:

Please Aga, beat Jankovic! I'd pay good money to watch "golden retriever" Jelena be outsmarted.

'golden retriever' jelena is a pretty smart player herself, i hope Aga will bring her A game on Sunday :drool:

tterb
May 31st, 2008, 02:00 AM
Agnieska! :yeah:

Wish I could've seen the match so I could assess Cornet's game for myself - sounds like she's going to be a great claycourter. Congrats to Aga, though... love her game!

tennischick2817
May 31st, 2008, 02:02 AM
great play from both of them. i was really hoping that cornet would make it all the way. shes become one of my absolute favs.

Cakeisgood
May 31st, 2008, 02:17 AM
Poor Alize. :( But seriously, both of these girls need serves. STAT.

RandomShot
May 31st, 2008, 02:46 AM