PDA

View Full Version : For those that picked Serena to win, who's your pick to win now?

SAEKeithSerena
May 30th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Ivanovic def. Venus in the final.

JennyS
May 30th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Serena was my pick, but now that she's out, I don't know who to pick. Right now I'll go with Sharapova, despite losing sets, despite this being her worst surface. Why not? She's a fighter and if she wins has a good chance for the calendar Grand Slam.

After her, my odds are:
1. Ivanovic
2. Jankovic
3. Venus

Demska
May 30th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Serena was my pick, but now that she's out, I don't know who to pick. Right now I'll go with Sharapova, despite losing sets, despite this being her worst surface. Why not? She's a fighter and if she wins has a good chance for the calendar Grand Slam.

After her, my odds are:
1. Ivanovic
2. Jankovic
3. Venus

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::wors hip::worship::worship:

Shoulderpova
May 30th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Ivanovic def. Venus in the final.

:tape: they are on the same half :tape:

Craigy
May 30th, 2008, 02:20 PM
:spit:

Nikkiri
May 30th, 2008, 02:21 PM
I thought Serena would win. Now i guess Jankovic or Ivanovic.

Dawson.
May 30th, 2008, 02:23 PM
i always thought the winner of ivanovic vs serena QF will win the title - but that match aint gonna happen now! :lol:

so my pick is Ivanovic bt Kuznetsova in the final.

Poova
I still stand by my prediction before the tournament of Venus winning, as crazy as it sounds. :unsure:

And I'm not even a Venus fan. :rolls:

DragonFlame
Hopefully dementieva or jankovic. But if maria's gonna win RG this definetly is her best chance.

The Daviator
May 30th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Can't see anyone beating Sharpie, I think even Nadal would find a way to lose against her.

RenaSlam.
May 30th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Serb.

serenus_2k8
May 30th, 2008, 02:28 PM
I want to see Sveta and Venus in the final.

Failing that, I want Sveta v either Serb :)

tequila
May 30th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Alize def Zheng final ;)

celia
May 30th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Can't see anyone beating Sharpie, I think even Nadal would find a way to lose against her.

As much as I love Maria, winning tough matches against Rodina and Mattek means nothing :tape:
She's gonna lose to Safina, I'm 98% sure of it.

Well I was pretty sure Serena was gonna win it, now I think Ivanovic will, this is her best chance and there is no way Jankovic beats her...

IceSkaTennisFan
May 30th, 2008, 02:31 PM
I originlly picked Venus to beat Zvonareva in the final. I hope that happens :unsure:

Shoulderpova
May 30th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Ivanovic def. Zvonareva in final :sad:

JennyS
May 30th, 2008, 02:33 PM
I still stand by my prediction before the tournament of Venus winning, as crazy as it sounds. :unsure:

And I'm not even a Venus fan. :rolls:

It would be nice to see her win something that isn't Wimbledon or the US Open!

joćo.
May 30th, 2008, 02:33 PM
I would love to see Maria winning it because she has a lot of chances now that Serena is gone but i don't think she will be able to do it if she keeps with this poor level of play she has in the last couple matches so I think i'll go with Ivanovic def. Safina or Kuznetsova in the final or something. ;x

Sharapowerr
May 30th, 2008, 02:34 PM
As much as I love Maria, winning tough matches against Rodina and Mattek means nothing :tape:
She's gonna lose to Safina, I'm 98% sure of it.

Well I was pretty sure Serena was gonna win it, now I think Ivanovic will, this is her best chance and there is no way Jankovic beats her...

I think Maria makes the final the other half i think JJ or Venus and who will win?? i dunno

Smackie
May 30th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Either Ana or Svetlana. Jelena has a good chance too.

I just can't see Venus beating them three....but I would be pleasantly surprised if she does.

Derek.
May 30th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Suarez Navarro.

maja.amelie
May 30th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Hopefully Ivanovic :shrug:

Filippo-Nastya
May 30th, 2008, 03:01 PM
I had picked Serena and Jelena, so my pick now is JJ but her draw is really tough.

Yonexforever
May 30th, 2008, 03:01 PM
I would love it if Dimentieva or Kuzzie won.. the Serbian girls get on my nerves for some reason.
Sharapova should be back in Sochi if either of the lsat 2 girls had any guts!!!

Mikey.
May 30th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Most likely Ana. Then Jelena.

LudwigDvorak
May 30th, 2008, 03:13 PM
My mantra about winning slams is that until Maria is taken out she's the automatic favorite to win unless it's Justine at RG. since Justine is gone, I'm saying Maria. I just know if Maria had played Dementieva she'd have won 62 63 or some other such score. She raises her level against better players. If Dinara doesn't beat her, Maria, for SURE.

If it isn't Maria, then it's Safina or Ivanovic.

Emina.
May 30th, 2008, 03:19 PM

:lol:
seriously, Ana ;)

MatchpointPRT
May 30th, 2008, 04:07 PM
I hope Dementieva wins, i think it would be really nice to see her win a grand slam. I would like also to see Nadia or Jankovic winning it. I would be happy also if Safina or Zvonareva wins.
But the players that i think that have more chances to win are Ivanovic, Kuznetsova, Jankovic, and Dementieva, Safina and Venus maybe.

morningglory
May 30th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Ana Ivanovic....

(Or Jelena Jankovic, but if those two get to met I think Ana could show up hobbling on one leg and still win)

hayleytrotter
May 30th, 2008, 04:09 PM
Ill be happy if its Maria, Sveta or either serb. I was hoping for cornet but.... :sad:

Il Primo!
May 30th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Venus Williams then Maria Sharapova.

hankqq
May 30th, 2008, 04:14 PM
With Serena out, and Jankovic possibly a little bit injured, there is no clear favorite anymore. Ivanovic has a great shot to get to the final, and I'd love to see her win. I'd love to see Venus or Jankovic win too.

From the top half, Kuznetsova and Safina are looking like the favorites, although with Sharapova you never know-she can all of a sudden turn on her switch and get to the final. Dementieva and Zvonareva are of course in the mix too. I'd love to see Kuznetsova win RG (if Venus/Ivanovic/Jankovic don't), and I wouldn't mind Safina taking home a slam either.

Basically, all the girls (except Venus) are in the lockerroom doing happy dances because Serena is out. As we get deeper in the tournament, it gets harder and harder to beat Serena, and all the other top players know this, so they really should all buy Srebotnik a nice present.

Aaron.
May 30th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Venus Williams then Maria Sharapova. :rocker2: I like you youre a Veeliever ;) Venus gets past the 3r...she could step it up and take out Jankovic

StarDuvallGrant
May 30th, 2008, 04:28 PM
With Serena out the players I would most like to win are Svetlana or Ana.

Nobody's Perfecc
May 30th, 2008, 04:36 PM
:tape: they are on the same half :tape:

:lol:

DownTheLine21
May 30th, 2008, 04:39 PM
I'm sticking with Ivanovic. It's funny how the majority of the GM felt that she had zero chance at this title and would crash out early.

Weemee
May 30th, 2008, 04:40 PM
Kuzzie!!!

SUPER
May 30th, 2008, 04:41 PM
I don't like safina, but I see her in the finals,probably against A-Rad

AcesHigh
May 30th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Ana, Jelena or Sveta
then
Maria or Venus

I cant see Safina or Dementieva stringing together enough matches.

hayleytrotter
May 30th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Its peculiar that everyone seems to be counting out venus. I know shes out of form this year but still... hmmmm!

kwilliams
May 30th, 2008, 04:46 PM
The wide open draw just got even wider.

I hope Venus! If she can get past Jankovic on clay she could win.

Destiny
May 30th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Venus or her whose name shall not be mentioned

CORIA01
May 30th, 2008, 05:27 PM
ana
maria is not "ready" to win on clay. her game at the moment is pretty average!

sunset
May 30th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Re: For those that picked Serena to win :haha:

Craigy
May 30th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Re: For those that picked Serena to win :haha:

So what exactly are you doing in this thread? Oh yes just proving that you are a retard. Thought so.

matthias
May 30th, 2008, 05:34 PM
one of the serbs!

SOA_MC
May 30th, 2008, 05:39 PM
In the WWW Roland Garros poll I picked Sveta but now I think Safina is the favorite