PDA

View Full Version : The draw is now open wide for Ana Ivanovic to make the SF in RG

rhz
May 30th, 2008, 01:06 PM
now that Serena is gone. Schnyder is in doubt. Srebotnik, well who knows can she score 2 great wins in 1 tournament?

My Question is will JJ has a chance to be ahead of Ana if both reach the SF. and what does JJ or Ana needs to do to gain the #1 ranking over Sharapova?

handan
May 30th, 2008, 01:19 PM
She is so lucky!She is going to be the world number one

The Daviator
May 30th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Kata would be a tough opponent, and who knows about Cetkovska :shrug:

Nikkiri
May 30th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Her chances are much better now but nothing is certain with Ana. :o

RenaSlam.
May 30th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Ivanovic should make the finals.

Russianboy
May 30th, 2008, 01:34 PM
she has such a lucky draw. unbelievable... :lol:

Russianboy
May 30th, 2008, 01:35 PM

compare that with safina in R4 :rolleyes: and then lena in quater :rolleyes:

that makes ana's draw look like a T3

V-MAC
May 30th, 2008, 01:37 PM
Hopefully Patty will take her out in the quarters or else Vee will dispatch of her in the semi-finals :)

Shoulderpova
May 30th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Ana is now officially the new champion of RG. She's too much for any player left in the draw

Derek.
May 30th, 2008, 01:41 PM

:spit:

Are you serious? :haha:

Cetkovska troubling Ana? :rolls:

Srebotnik still has to get through Schnyder to get to Ana.
A battle of the headcases (if Patty beats Loit).

Even if it got close, Ana wouldn't give away the match the way Serena did at the end.

If Ivanovic is to win a slam, this is her golden chance.

Smackie
May 30th, 2008, 01:41 PM
I think she can take the title if she doesn't get too nervous at the latter stage of the tournement.

Go Ana!

DefyingGravity
May 30th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Sure, Ana's draw is good and everything...but she still has to get there...it reminds me of when I was watching the Salt Lake Olympics and after Sale and Pelletier skated, the commentators were talking about how the "unbeatable" Russian pair didn't skate a clean program, and that those two knew it was in their grasp, but they still had to do it.

The Daviator
May 30th, 2008, 01:46 PM
compare that with safina in R4 :rolleyes: and then lena in quater :rolleyes:

that makes ana's draw look like a T3

Who's fault is it Serena lost? :weirdo: Ana just beat Safarova and Wozniacki in straights while Pova was being pushed by ITF opposition.

:spit:

Are you serious? :haha:

Srebotnik still has to get through Schnyder to get to Ana.
A battle of the headcases (if Patty beats Loit).

Even if it got close, Ana wouldn't give away the match the way Serena did at the end.

Yes.

serenus_2k8
May 30th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Sveta v Ana = Final.

LudwigDvorak
May 30th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Ivanovic will beat Dementieva/X Russian in the finals. It only seems fitting. :lol:

I'm all for defending players who have relatively weak deep runs in slams, but if Ana wins this title beating zero top ten players...I'm sorry but that's just lame, regardless of who wins it. Even Hingis with her weak slam wins had to beat at least one top player.

Hopefully she beats a top ten player in the semifinal or final, or both, if she gets there.

Nikkiri
May 30th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Ana 'lucky bitch' Ivanovic strikes again. :hearts:

mboyle
May 30th, 2008, 02:42 PM
I think Ana will win the slam. If Maria stops double faulting, she'll stand a shot.

Sean.
May 30th, 2008, 02:47 PM
I really don't think anything is decided at this point. And I don't want to Jynx it.

An Ana vs. Safina final would be amazing:drool:

morningglory
May 30th, 2008, 02:55 PM
This is her best chance to win a GS!

powerbackhand
May 30th, 2008, 03:17 PM
comon Ana

Freakan
May 30th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Her road to semis is still harder than Sveta's :) And whoever wins 3rd quarter is definetely better than anyone from 1st half.

Cp6uja
May 30th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Since Henin retire i try to explain people here who is real RG/08 favorite, but nobody listen me :shrug:

Of course, #1 favorite not must always to win... Sveta and Jelena also have life-chance to reach 1st French Open, and never forget about former RG finalists like Venus and Elena, or in-form players like Safina or Zvonareva, or multiple slam winner Sharapova... But now where Serena is out, Ana is more clean #1 favorite... In whole 2007 red clay season she lose only one match (against Henin in RG final) and in 2008 Ana Ivanovic like player have more experience, more confidence, better movement and better backhand! So forget about her not so good Berlin/08 performances or Rome tanking... it's obviously what is her real goal after reaching two slam finals in last 12 months.

After Graf, Pierce, Capriati... it's perfect time for newest WTA "Mrs. Forehand" to reach this title :drive: :rocker2: after 6 years domination of "all-court" experts like Serena, Myskina and of course Henin.

Emina.
May 30th, 2008, 03:43 PM
yeah imo Ana vs Dinara Final.

btw, i hope i'm wrong :)
Prove me wrong Janky ;)

DownTheLine21
May 30th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Ivanovic will beat Dementieva/X Russian in the finals. It only seems fitting. :lol:

I'm all for defending players who have relatively weak deep runs in slams, but if Ana wins this title beating zero top ten players...I'm sorry but that's just lame, regardless of who wins it. Even Hingis with her weak slam wins had to beat at least one top player.

Hopefully she beats a top ten player in the semifinal or final, or both, if she gets there.

The problem is that some of these 11-15 players are playing better tennis than those in the Top 10.

ASP0315
May 30th, 2008, 04:00 PM
my first pick to win rg is jankovic
my second pick is ivanovic.

so go ana take advantage of this draw.

CORIA01
May 30th, 2008, 04:56 PM
She Has More Chances But Is Not Done
Come On Ana!!!!!

tupac
May 30th, 2008, 05:39 PM
this is ana's golden chance to win a slam early in her carrer! she has a really big shot at it, is she wants to establish herself as real top player and #1 she must win this, because if she can´t, it would be a big disappointment, anyway i really trust her, she will get that slam.

spiritedenergy
May 30th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Ana is now officially the new champion of RG. She's too much for any player left in the draw

stop jinxing:tape::weirdo:

All I can say:

AJDE ANA!!!!!!!!!!!!:rocker2:

SharapovaFan16
May 30th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Ana's nerves are still as loose as a whore's vagina. If she runs into Jelena I think the GS hopes end there.

spiritedenergy
May 30th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Ana's nerves are still as loose as a whore's vagina. If she runs into Jelena I think the GS hopes end there.

I thought you were talking about your avatar:)

DownTheLine21
May 30th, 2008, 07:51 PM

Considering that Ivanovic has won 5 of their last 6 matches (including 4 in a row), I think it will be the other way around (should they meet).