PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Serena Williams already passed her peak and will never return Top 3?

samsam4087
May 30th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Do you think Serena Williams already passed her peak and will never return Top 3?

:confused::confused::confused:

http://img23.exs.cx/img23/8100/Serena_Williams0003.jpg

Serena!
May 30th, 2008, 01:50 PM
honestly, just shut the fuck up
she lost...that doesnt mean she sucks now, stop wishing slut

Shoulderpova
May 30th, 2008, 01:51 PM
:spit:

Mikey.
May 30th, 2008, 01:51 PM
:spit: Ohhh Samsam... when will we see the end of your spamspam? :lol:

GeT iT ToGEtHErrrr !!!11!!!!11!!!!

Sharapowerr
May 30th, 2008, 01:52 PM
It s very strange here after one loss people starting to make threads like this

E.Dementieva_FAN
May 30th, 2008, 01:53 PM

http://cdn-channels.netscape.com/cp/sports/pm/i/dementieva_2.jpg

Craigy
May 30th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Oh dear lord. :spit:

Poova
FUCK OFF AND STOP MAKING STUPID THREADS. :)

Thanks.

Slutati
LOL, samsam oh no you didn't:tape::lol:

no.

samsam4087
May 30th, 2008, 01:55 PM
It s very strange here after one loss people starting to make threads like this

yes, one loss in 3rd round of a slam to Katarina.

:lol::lol::lol:

treufreund
:rolleyes: She just lost a match. Is this necessary?

Demska
Yes :worship: :worship: :worship:

Bijoux0021
May 30th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Serena doesn't need to return to top 3 or whatever #. She just needs to win consistently. Period. If that happens, the ranking will take care of itself.

CoolDude7
May 30th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Can she win more slams? Yes

She has been past her peak for a long time now.

Just Like
HEN-
Kim-
Venus-
Momo-
Davenport-

That generation is fading out, but they still can win slams if they put their game together during the right week. They are all inconsistent and have their off days.

davidmario
May 30th, 2008, 01:57 PM
she just trashed "the best player in the world" 6-2 6-0 this year. so shut up.

Noctis
May 30th, 2008, 01:58 PM
ummm what can i say?
;FUCK THIS THREAD!!!! WHAT YOU ON ABOUT SHE JUST LOST ONE MATCH!

Kipling
May 30th, 2008, 02:01 PM
it isn't necessary, but it is funny. No one here can deny that if it were Henin or Sharapova the same post would have been made.

Turnabout is fair play.

Dodoboy.
May 30th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Actually, it depends. If she needs consistent results at slams like let's say Jelena, then no. But if the occasional slam and some big Tier Is then yes. I just don't think from what we have seen so far this year, her mentality is right when she is at slams.

We are half-way through our slams. Wimbledon will be telling.

Oh wait.. did SamSam make this?
If so -

Shut the fuck up!11!11!

:)

Mashafaaaaan
May 30th, 2008, 02:06 PM
yes

Chrisi
May 30th, 2008, 02:09 PM
:spit: Ohhh Samsam... when will we see the end of your spamspam? :lol:

GeT iT ToGEtHErrrr !!!11!!!!11!!!!

:hearts:

samsam4087
May 30th, 2008, 02:11 PM
yes

:worship::worship::worship:

SAEKeithSerena
May 30th, 2008, 02:20 PM

Just Like
HEN-
Kim-
Venus-
Momo-
Davenport-

That generation is fading out, but they still can win slams if they put their game together during the right week. They are all inconsistent and have their off days.

well said. she loses early for the first time in years and it's a stunner. shut the fuck up.

tequila
May 30th, 2008, 02:23 PM
:lol:

serenus_2k8
May 30th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Serena still has big chance to make some points in Wimb and US Open, both of which are favoured surfaces, plus she has entered lots more schedules and will probably be able to make points in teh YEC too. By the end of the year she will be top 3, without doubt.

starin
May 30th, 2008, 02:28 PM
wtf is this top 3 crap, isn't the question usually: Do you think ______ already passed her peak and will never win a slam again?

Sharapowerr
May 30th, 2008, 02:31 PM
it isn't necessary, but it is funny. No one here can deny that if it were Henin or Sharapova the same post would have been made.

Turnabout is fair play.

I agree, as i said before it s strange to make a thread like this but if it was Maria who lost 2 day this thread would be contain 20 pages by now on all the hate, but still there here many stupid threads based on one perfomance ..

Smackie
May 30th, 2008, 02:37 PM

Turnabout is fair play.

So true. It only hurts when the joke is on their fave - absolutely agree with you on this. If it was Justine or Maria, other fans (more likely the WS fans) would jump on the board within seconds posting similar threads. :o

Having said that, I always thought people have too much time starting threads like this. :lol:

Chunchun
May 30th, 2008, 02:45 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha:

QUEENLINDSAY
May 30th, 2008, 03:13 PM
if she wants to return there, she could.
but i dont think, her total number of tour participation would make her number 3 or beyond.
having said that, she is always a contender on all slams no matter what her ranking is.

LCS
May 30th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Classic :worship:

serenus_2k8
May 30th, 2008, 03:57 PM
This thread shows just how most people are clearly still afraid of Ree vs their fave :)

Thanks a lot :wavey:

AcesHigh
May 30th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Who knows...

to do so, she'd have to win 2 slams IMO. She has two more chances this year so let's see.

ASP0315
May 30th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Her last hope is wimbledon.
If she wins that then she might return to top 3 or even top 1. :p

OrdinaryfoolisNJ
May 30th, 2008, 05:46 PM

Just Like
HEN-
Kim-
Venus-
Momo-
Davenport-

I don't think she's at the same peak she was 5 years ago, and sure she's definitely older and things are tougher. But she is still in her PRIME?! Can Serena still win slams? Yes. Is she still a player to be feared? Double yes. Although, she's struggled a bit more in her wins at times. That said, I think she could not only be top three, but still topple Shriekypova for number one!

Anyway, this is her least fav surface, and anything can happen in a slam. That's what makes them so much fun. Will Serena come back another day? Most definitely.

cn ireland
May 30th, 2008, 06:32 PM
No way!!! A good run at Wimby and playing a full hardcourt season would easily see her back in the top 3!

sharapovarulz1
May 30th, 2008, 08:46 PM
Maybe not top 3 but top 5 she can still get to, as long as she puts her heart in it which she clearly didn't do today!

sharapovarulz1
May 30th, 2008, 08:48 PM
honestly, just shut the fuck up
she lost...that doesnt mean she sucks now, stop wishing slut

Wow calm down they are just asking a question :rolleyes: Just like they do to every top player that goes out early in a slam and just like Maria gets all the fucking time!!!!

SV_Fan
May 30th, 2008, 08:57 PM
I smell blood in the water actualy. Venus and Serena are pissed the heck off. They will give it to them in wimbledon. Honestly serena might have cracked under pressure.

Cp6uja
May 30th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Serena without doubt passed her peak about 5 years ago (not now for sure).
She is the first who realy dont care about her ranking - including her eventual TOP3 comeback.

So real question is - will she ever again win some slam?
If you ask me - she is still one of TOP candidates at every slam and her older sister Venus at Wimbledon and US Open. They also dont care about YEC - but at Olympics both will be motivated.

sharapovarulz1
May 30th, 2008, 08:59 PM
I smell blood in the water actualy. Venus and Serena are pissed the heck off. They will give it to them in wimbledon. Honestly serena might have cracked under pressure.

:lol: Your are probably right, revenge is sweet! :drool:

gmokb
May 30th, 2008, 08:59 PM
Hell no, she still got it.

young_gunner913
May 30th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Stupid thread. :rolleyes:

But it was expected. :o

sharapovarulz1
May 30th, 2008, 09:09 PM
I agree, as i said before it s strange to make a thread like this but if it was Maria who lost 2 day this thread would be contain 20 pages by now on all the hate, but still there here many stupid threads based on one perfomance ..

I totally agree as soon as it is aimed at there fave all hell breaks loose:rolleyes::help:

samsam4087
May 30th, 2008, 11:05 PM

well said.

sunset
May 30th, 2008, 11:33 PM
She peaked a long time ago. Now she's an aging over the hill relic of what was.

nelsondan
May 31st, 2008, 12:50 AM
Did the Americans give up after the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Did Maria Carey quit singing when she got a divorce and gained a couple pounds?

Did Hillary Clinton give up after Obama.....never mind...I got nowhere to go with this.

DOUBLEFIST
May 31st, 2008, 02:31 AM
OP should have made this a PUBLIC poll.

Serena will MOST DEFINITELY return to at least #3.

scoobsuk
May 31st, 2008, 02:32 AM
Yes. The odd slam here or there is one thing but I struggle to see her back at #3 or above. The other girls just play more, for one thing - they have fallback if they drop points here or there.

In The Zone
May 31st, 2008, 02:39 AM
Silly thread. Serena has nothing to defend until Moscow. She will be back in top 3. Easily.

Slams is the question, not a top 3 ranking.

scoobsuk
May 31st, 2008, 02:51 AM
QF at Wimbledon. QF at US Open. And no guarantees she will do that.

starin
May 31st, 2008, 02:53 AM
QF at Wimbledon. QF at US Open. And no guarantees she will do that.

she would have to go in death spiral from here on out for her not to reach at least the QFs at both USO and Wimbly.

scoobsuk
May 31st, 2008, 02:56 AM
To get to #3 she needs to add points -1000 or so of them - it's not just about defending what she has. She needs to do better at these and other events - she's lost points here at RG as it is. She hasn't been beyond the QF of a major in 5 attempts now.

I'm not saying she can't, but I don't see it at all as a foregone conclusion.

samsam4087
May 31st, 2008, 05:33 AM
To get to #3 she needs to add points -1000 or so of them - it's not just about defending what she has. She needs to do better at these and other events - she's lost points here at RG as it is. She hasn't been beyond the QF of a major in 5 attempts now.

I'm not saying she can't, but I don't see it at all as a foregone conclusion.

yes

AcesHigh
May 31st, 2008, 05:44 AM
Also, we're forgetting that Jelena, Ana and Maria can definitely add points for the rest of the year. With the absence of Henin, a lot of these tournaments are up for grabs. That and she's already about 1000 pts out of the top 3.

Slams are more likely than a top 3 return IMO.

woosey
May 31st, 2008, 05:58 AM
being past your peak does not necessarily have anything to do with winning a slam or increasing your ranking.

when steffi graf beat hingis to win her last grand slam title, the french open, she was not at her peak but her level of play was still good enough to win.

when pete sampras won his last slam (the u.s. open) before retiring, he was not at his peak.

when agassi came back for his second act, he was not in his peak but still won a slam title, the french open no less.

i would argue that this could be the case for federer. he may have reached his peak. but, that does not mean that he cannot or will not win more slams.

and it's funny how the op moved the goal post - serena's in the top 5 yet now it's about being top 3. the question of "never" returning is a direct contradiction to the idea of people possibly adding up points in the coming months.

samsam's question/assertion is a strawman.

Lindsayfan32
May 31st, 2008, 06:20 AM
I personally believe Lindsay has more chance of getting back to the top 3 than both Williams sister and may I add I don't hold out much hope for happening for Lindsay either. I said in another thread that Venus wouldn't be far behind Serena in bowing out but this makes my day having them both out in the same round and early. They should have taken a leaf out of Lindsay's book and stayed home and trained for Wimbledon.

ArturoAce.
May 31st, 2008, 06:24 AM
I think she is still very dangerous and can make it,
but her sister Venus on the other hand..i think is done...
just my opinion

wayitis
May 31st, 2008, 07:39 AM

:eek::confused::help:

homogenius
May 31st, 2008, 07:46 AM

Did Maria Carey quit singing when she got a divorce and gained a couple pounds?

Did Hillary Clinton give up after Obama.....never mind...I got nowhere to go with this.

:spit:

nelsondan
May 31st, 2008, 07:49 AM
:eek::confused::help:

So---you have never seen the movie Animal House. Probably never heard of John Belushi.

homogenius
May 31st, 2008, 07:54 AM
Serena without doubt passed her peak about 5 years ago (not now for sure).
She is the first who realy dont care about her ranking - including her eventual TOP3 comeback.

So real question is - will she ever again win some slam?
If you ask me - she is still one of TOP candidates at every slam and her older sister Venus at Wimbledon and US Open. They also dont care about YEC - but at Olympics both will be motivated.

Wrong

homogenius
May 31st, 2008, 08:00 AM
Serena peaked a long time ago as everybody know.
She's still a contender at slams but she needs to win one quickly cause all these losses (since last year) are hurting her confidence imo.
She has also as a chance to get back in top3 but she'll need one of Maria, Ana or Jelena to perform badly in the next months.
She'll probably never get back to n°1 and she really fucked it up with this RG.She was not far from Maria and Jelena in the race so she could have finished the year n°1 with some consistency but with her loss yesterday it's kinda over for her now.

Jakeev
May 31st, 2008, 08:29 AM
Serena doesn't need to return to top 3 or whatever #. She just needs to win consistently. Period. If that happens, the ranking will take care of itself.

Right. Today was the sloppiest loss she has had in a long time. Srebotnik should have been left playing the doubles events regardless how well she was playing.

But I am gonna say I think Serena was not well prepared for the clay this year. Her performance to me proves that.

samsam4087
Jul 5th, 2008, 11:29 PM
so sad for Serena with her loss to Venus in Wimbledon

samsam4087
Jul 20th, 2008, 12:02 AM
http://img23.exs.cx/img23/8100/Serena_Williams0003.jpg

shrOOf
Jul 20th, 2008, 12:22 AM

samsam4087
Aug 14th, 2008, 04:09 PM
Serena already passed her peak!!

Black Mamba.
Aug 14th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Probably but she's still a darn good player.

hankqq
Aug 14th, 2008, 04:25 PM
:sobbing: :bigcry:

zestyswans
Aug 14th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Past her peak but she's still up there. There's another major in her somewhere.

I will never count Serena out, she scares me.

HippityHop
Aug 14th, 2008, 05:39 PM
yes, one loss in 3rd round of a slam to Katarina.

And a final loss at Wimby. Where was Katarina at Wimby?

MrSerenaWilliams
Aug 14th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Serena will pull a Jankovic and get to the top 3 because Sveta loses points, not because Serena's playing well.

Maryamator
Aug 14th, 2008, 05:43 PM
a thread like this should always be opened after a top 10 player loses :yawn:

HippityHop
Aug 14th, 2008, 05:44 PM
being past your peak does not necessarily have anything to do with winning a slam or increasing your ranking.

when steffi graf beat hingis to win her last grand slam title, the french open, she was not at her peak but her level of play was still good enough to win.

when pete sampras won his last slam (the u.s. open) before retiring, he was not at his peak.

when agassi came back for his second act, he was not in his peak but still won a slam title, the french open no less.

i would argue that this could be the case for federer. he may have reached his peak. but, that does not mean that he cannot or will not win more slams.

and it's funny how the op moved the goal post - serena's in the top 5 yet now it's about being top 3. the question of "never" returning is a direct contradiction to the idea of people possibly adding up points in the coming months.

samsam's question/assertion is a strawman.

Exactly. If Serena was #3 the question would have been will she ever return to the top 2. If she was #2, the question would be will she ever return to #1. If she was #1, the question would be about will she ever hold all four majors again.

Transparent.

samsam4087
Aug 14th, 2008, 10:27 PM
a thread like this should always be opened after a top 10 player loses :yawn:

Apoleb
Aug 14th, 2008, 10:43 PM
lmao. I love samsam.

Shvedbarilescu
Aug 15th, 2008, 12:34 AM
I can't answer that question because yes I do think she is passed her peak. But I also think she still has good chance of getting back into the top three for a little while. So half and half.

HippityHop
Aug 15th, 2008, 02:14 AM
Serena and Venus have both proven that they don't even have to be ranked in the top ten to win what counts most in tennis, a slam. :)

santhuruu
Aug 15th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Well I think she could be number 3 in the world , but to be honest she is passed her peak, she doesn't win matches easy anymore and she is getting older and more vulnerable to injuries. I think we won't see her back at the number 1 spot, but the most important thing for her is to stay healthy these days!

Dodoboy.
Aug 15th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Serena WILL be #3 before USO.

LCS
Aug 15th, 2008, 10:33 AM

LCS
Aug 15th, 2008, 10:33 AM
samsamrena?

Watching
Aug 15th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Serena gonna be no.3 after US Open given Sveta is dropping New Haven and has a final to defend..:shrug:

Hashim.
Aug 15th, 2008, 11:06 AM
no:)

Nemo_Kool
Aug 15th, 2008, 11:10 AM
i still believe she wil be number one by the end of the year...is it still possible for post us open?

Watching
Aug 15th, 2008, 11:13 AM
Yes its very possible...if she repeats QF she will definitely be no.3 and then the performances of ana and JJ and herself come into it for no.1

Miss Amor
Sep 5th, 2008, 09:57 AM

Serena's Hubby
Sep 14th, 2008, 05:52 PM
just go on wta tour.com rankings it will answer ur question whoever started this thread

Lucemferre
Sep 14th, 2008, 05:56 PM
:o:o:o

hankqq
Sep 14th, 2008, 06:02 PM
:haha:

BuTtErFrEnA
Sep 14th, 2008, 06:06 PM
#1 :)

HRHoliviasmith
Sep 14th, 2008, 06:12 PM
is it too late to vote? :lol:

but some of you guys really take this stuff personally, i mean calling each other names because someone said something you didn't like about your favorite player. it is not that serious.

Serena's Hubby
Sep 14th, 2008, 06:18 PM
how are people voting no when she is number one

Dodoboy.
Sep 14th, 2008, 06:30 PM

Lulu.
Sep 14th, 2008, 06:34 PM
:rolls:

Serena's Hubby
Sep 14th, 2008, 06:38 PM
ohh ooops i miss read the thing i voted yes when i should have voted no!!!!! :lol::lol: but yeah okay I really voted no but i accidently voted yes

mdterp01
Sep 14th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Ummm...#1 baby!!!! :wavey: PEAK THAT!!!

sweetpeas
Sep 14th, 2008, 09:17 PM
RIGHT ON!Started all over again.....

Volcana
Sep 14th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Serena is DONE. NOt only is she done, she's BEEN done since that fluke win over Sharapova in 2007. she'll never another slam. She'll max out at eight, and ... what? Us Open? No way. You're kidding! No ... I .....

LeRoy.
Sep 14th, 2008, 10:23 PM
Is she past her peak ? Yes . its been over 5 years since her "peak". But that she still is winning slams is a testimony to what a great Champion she is. Her so called "rivals" have come and gone but she is still standing. I think she will end up with about 12-14 slams. She is without a doubt the best player of her generation and imo, at her peak the BEST ever. :)

Noctis
Sep 14th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Epicccccccccccccccccccccc Failllllllllllllllllllllllll :D

frontier
Sep 15th, 2008, 03:05 AM
Serena peaked a long time ago as everybody know.
She's still a contender at slams but she needs to win one quickly cause all these losses (since last year) are hurting her confidence imo.
She has also as a chance to get back in top3 but she'll need one of Maria, Ana or Jelena to perform badly in the next months.
She'll probably never get back to n°1 and she really fucked it up with this RG.She was not far from Maria and Jelena in the race so she could have finished the year n°1 with some consistency but with her loss yesterday it's kinda over for her now.:p:rolleyes::tape::help::o:lol::bs::nerner::