PDA

View Full Version : Serena Williams post-match interview" I just don't wan't to be here"

JUSTICE4ALL
May 30th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Like I said MOFO's, she clearly had no interest in playing that match! There is no other excuse for losing that match with that score, besides her not having an interest in the match!

JUSTICE4ALL
May 30th, 2008, 11:53 AM
PARIS -- For Serena Williams, missed chances came in a flurry Friday at the French Open.

She shanked overheads, hit wild volleys and squandered seven break points. The net result: a stunning third-round loss to Katarina Srebotnik, 6-4, 6-4.

The hasty exit matches Williams' earliest in nine visits to Roland Garros and guarantees a first-time women's champion. Williams, who won the French Open in 2002, was the lone former champion to enter the draw.

"I missed a lot of easy shots and a lot of key points that I felt like could have turned the match around," a subdued Williams said shortly after the loss. "I wasn't able to capitalize."

Williams also lost in the third round in 1999.

The 27-year-old Srebotnik earned the biggest victory of her career. She has only one win over a player ranked higher than the No. 5-ranked Williams, beating No. 4 Amelie Mauresmo at Zurich in 2005.

No. 2-seeded Ana Ivanovic reached the fourth round by beating 17-year-old Caroline Wozniacki 6-4, 6-1. Ivanovic won 17 of 21 points at the net.

Williams, who played the day's first match on Court Suzanne Lenglen, converted only one of eight break-point chances and was 0-for-6 in the second set. She repeatedly set up points well but failed to finish them, losing 14 of 21 points at the net.

"There are a lot of things I would try to do different, but you can't rewind time," Williams said.

Her mother and coach, Oracene Price, said Williams has "been in a funk. It's not like her. She wasn't herself."

In the final game of the first set, Williams dumped an easy overhead into the net. Four points later, she worked her way forward but blew a volley, then bent over in dismay and pressed her forehead against the tip of her racket handle.

Another botched overhead cost her in the sixth game of the second set, helping Srebotnik to reach 3-3.

"I wasn't nervous," Williams said. "She was getting a lot of balls back, and I might have let that get into my head. She was just making some shots I don't think she's ever made before, or she probably would be in the top two."

When Williams fell behind she turned up the volume, grunting with almost every shot and screaming in celebration when she hit a winner. But she was unable to rally, and the No. 27-seeded Srebotnik kept her cool down the stretch.

In the second set, Williams hit an ill-advised drop shot into the net to lose serve and fall behind 5-4. She saved two match points in the next game, but on the third yanked a forehand wide for her 25th unforced error, then met Srebotnik at the net with a grin and handshake.

Williams was less gracious in her postmatch news conference, explaining her demeanor by saying, "I just don't want to be here."

Destiny
May 30th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Am crying with you baby

Go home and think about what u have done and sort it out

serenus_2k8
May 30th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Not a shock, she didnt play like she wanted to be there, and why should she want to perform in front of the French, they're hateful.

homogenius
May 30th, 2008, 11:57 AM
PARIS -- For Serena Williams, missed chances came in a flurry Friday at the French Open.

She shanked overheads, hit wild volleys and squandered seven break points. The net result: a stunning third-round loss to Katarina Srebotnik, 6-4, 6-4.

The hasty exit matches Williams' earliest in nine visits to Roland Garros and guarantees a first-time women's champion. Williams, who won the French Open in 2002, was the lone former champion to enter the draw.

"I missed a lot of easy shots and a lot of key points that I felt like could have turned the match around," a subdued Williams said shortly after the loss. "I wasn't able to capitalize."

Williams also lost in the third round in 1999.

The 27-year-old Srebotnik earned the biggest victory of her career. She has only one win over a player ranked higher than the No. 5-ranked Williams, beating No. 4 Amelie Mauresmo at Zurich in 2005.

No. 2-seeded Ana Ivanovic reached the fourth round by beating 17-year-old Caroline Wozniacki 6-4, 6-1. Ivanovic won 17 of 21 points at the net.

Williams, who played the day's first match on Court Suzanne Lenglen, converted only one of eight break-point chances and was 0-for-6 in the second set. She repeatedly set up points well but failed to finish them, losing 14 of 21 points at the net.

"There are a lot of things I would try to do different, but you can't rewind time," Williams said.

Her mother and coach, Oracene Price, said Williams has "been in a funk. It's not like her. She wasn't herself."

In the final game of the first set, Williams dumped an easy overhead into the net. Four points later, she worked her way forward but blew a volley, then bent over in dismay and pressed her forehead against the tip of her racket handle.

Another botched overhead cost her in the sixth game of the second set, helping Srebotnik to reach 3-3.

"I wasn't nervous," Williams said. "She was getting a lot of balls back, and I might have let that get into my head. She was just making some shots I don't think she's ever made before, or she probably would be in the top two."

When Williams fell behind she turned up the volume, grunting with almost every shot and screaming in celebration when she hit a winner. But she was unable to rally, and the No. 27-seeded Srebotnik kept her cool down the stretch.

In the second set, Williams hit an ill-advised drop shot into the net to lose serve and fall behind 5-4. She saved two match points in the next game, but on the third yanked a forehand wide for her 25th unforced error, then met Srebotnik at the net with a grin and handshake.

Williams was less gracious in her postmatch news conference, explaining her demeanor by saying, "I just don't want to be here."

Totally delusionnal comment (I don't think she believes any of the things she's saying here, at least I hope for her that she doesn't)

ElusiveChanteuse
I always love the part she says when one point would always turn the match around.:hearts: But the fact is Kata played better than her.:o

The Kaz
Sore Loser.

Only wants to be at a tourney, she is dominating.

Learn to take a loss like a wo-man :rolleyes: :p

starin
May 30th, 2008, 11:58 AM
ummm she's prolly talking about the press conference.

NeoZod19
they are other people that want to see good tennis, if that's what she meant then she is a disappointing champ and she is full of shit!!:sad:

ElusiveChanteuse
Totally delusionnal comment (I don't think she believes any of the things she's saying here, at least I hope for her that she doesn't)

She sure wants to be out of this as soon as possible.So she just said anything she wants.:shrug:

jujufreak
May 30th, 2008, 11:59 AM
total lack of class... she's a just a rude and arrogant person

Uranus
May 30th, 2008, 12:00 PM
She never wants to be there when she loses.
Typical Serena. :o

starin
I always love the part she says when one point would always turn the match around.:hearts: But the fact is Kata played better than her.:o

uhh yes one point can turn a match around. Serena converts BP when Srebotnik serves for the match. Wanna bet Serena holds and Srebonik folds. Or Serena converts any of her bps in the 2nd I would bet good money Srebotnik would've faded and Serena would've gotten control of her shots. don't be stupid. one or two points can always turn a match around. Every single player has said this.

rvugt
I'm sorry, but it's a lame excuse to tell that you don't want to be here. You just lost, of course than you didn't want to be here!

rvugt
I'm sorry, but it's a lame excuse to tell that you don't want to be here. You just lost, of course than you didn't want to be here!

homogenius
May 30th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Not a shock, she didnt play like she wanted to be there, and why should she want to perform in front of the French, they're hateful.

Why coming to RG at all ??? Why playing all these clay tournies as a preparation ? She could have skeep FO and have some good weeks of training for Wimbledon.
Personnally I think all that is bs.It's more like all these losses in slams since one year are starting to hurt her and her confidence a lot.She did well in Miami and Charleston, motivate herself to play 2 red clay tournies to be ready for RG, only to lose in 3nd round.It must be hard for her to accept that.

The Kaz

Hate is something that usually has to be earned :cool:

AJZ.

That's nice to say, though. At least she didn't go the "I didn't play my best" route.

gmokb
I don't see anything wrong with what she said!!!! Serena go home and relax, I know this was a hard loss for me so it msut be unbearable for you. We will get her next time.

Poova
May 30th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Serena spews such bullshit after every loss, its hilarious. :haha:

Deck
May 30th, 2008, 12:02 PM
if she wins she's the world's greatest

if she loses she didn't want to win

so sick of this bullshit...

gumoll
May 30th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Sore Loser.

Only wants to be at a tourney, she is dominating.

Learn to take a loss like a wo-man :rolleyes: :p

totaly agree :p

serenus_2k8
Hate is something that usually has to be earned :cool:

They earned it.

дalex

She didn't want to be at the press conference. She wanted to play and win RG, that's for sure!

Serena, :hug:

starin

r u a dumbass. Every single player has said this, whether after a win or a loss. U wanna bet if Serena converted BP at 45 in the first or 10, 21, 32,43, that Serena would've cleaned up her game and Srebotnik would've folded.

serenus_2k8
May 30th, 2008, 12:04 PM
You cant even see the context of this comment, and either way its understandable.

Adal
May 30th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Well she has her own thoughts on the match. You don't always have to agree with them.
In my opinion, her problem were her nerves. She didn't have "I don't care" attitude she had at AO this year, for example.

mygirlV
I don't think she was saying she did not want to be at the tournament. I think she was saying that she did not want to be at the interview(where she was at the time.

starin
That's nice to say, though. At least she didn't go the "I didn't play my best" route.

:rolleyes: it's true. I'd rather she be b*tch and just say it.

spiceboy
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080530/capt.0bc96ddef107469793391741a85c1643.france_tenni s_french_open_rog115.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080530/capt.82dff0040a67479e8e68fc21f70a15bf.france_tenni s_french_open_rog116.jpg

Mina Vagante
May 30th, 2008, 12:06 PM

Isn't that what every-one would feel like?

Uranus
No, she says she didn't play her best when she wins. :lol:

And she did look nervous, all those "YES!" etc. when she saved BPs.

gmokb
You are all so sick of her bullshit, excuses, whatever but yet you are always there. If you guys hate her so much why are you following her every move she makes? Get over it, she might not have won today but she is simple the best!!!!!!

Destiny
May 30th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Serena spews such bullshit after every loss, its hilarious. :haha:

it's not that bad

i expected worse :shrugs:

hayleytrotter

I was just thinking that. Who WOULD wanna be sitting in front of judgemental journo's after having crashed and burned in the 3R of a GS.

mckyle.
Like I said MOFO's, she clearly had no interest in playing that match! There is no other excuse for losing that match with that score, besides her not having an interest in the match!

Wow, are you THAT retarded? When she says "I don't want to be here," she means she doesn't want to be in the press room talking about the match she just lost. You think she is saying that she didn't want to be at Roland Garros any more so she lost on purpose, but that is clearly not what she said.

Sharapowerr
OMG she s so arrogant , by far the most arrogant tennis player ever ( female ) If she don t wants to be here what is she doing here what s gonna be her next excuses ... If the temperature is above 21 celcius i can t play good tennis or that she had a bad dream..

Dodoboy.
May 30th, 2008, 12:09 PM
How are we reading this interview.

What exactly are we reading?

Are you missing the bit where Serena says Kata played shots worthy of the top 2 ?

I don't even see what is so bad about her saying she doesn't want to be there./

drgray
May 30th, 2008, 12:10 PM
she didn't move her feet in the match. That's why she was mishitting and shanking and just error orgy. But good playing and nerve from Kata!

JUSTICE4ALL
Serena has won 8 grand slams, Olympic gold medial, Fed Cup, #1 in the world, 6 Double championships, she can say whatever the F*CK she wants too, and if she says she didn't want to be there than so be it, y'all lame "Stuck on HATE-Mode" can kiss her fine black ASS!........

Serena Williams " THIS GOES OUT TO ALL MY HATERZZZZZZZZZ"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XEz2FeEwb74

Now go back home to L.A and watch Kobe and company win the championship boo! :)

sammy01

your so right, she didn't mean the french open she meant the press confrence.

InsideOut.
May 30th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Well this definitely was the "big shock" some were talking about.

Craigy
May 30th, 2008, 12:12 PM
OMG she s so arrogant , by far the most arrogant tennis player ever ( female ) If she don t wants to be here what is she doing here what s gonna be her next excuses ... If the temperature is above 21 celcius i can t play good tennis or that she had a bad dream..

She was talking about being in the press conference. As people have previously said, she didn't want to be there. But whatever. Haters will perceive what Serena said in whatever way they want to make it look like she is this evil person. She has every right to be annoyed and not want to be at a press conference. So many players hate doing them after losses and even sometimes when they win.

homogenius
May 30th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Serena has won 8 grand slams, Olympic gold medial, Fed Cup, #1 in the world, 6 Double championships, she can say whatever the F*CK she wants too, and if she says she didn't want to be there than so be it, y'all lame "Stuck on HATE-Mode" can kiss her fine black ASS!........

Serena Williams " THIS GOES OUT TO ALL MY HATERZZZZZZZZZ"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XEz2FeEwb74

Now go back home to L.A and watch Kobe and company win the championship boo! :)

http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Boulet/0078.gif
Apparently Serena isn't the only one hurted by this loss.

Destiny
May 30th, 2008, 12:16 PM

omg

what the hell?:help:

Malva
May 30th, 2008, 12:17 PM

It is an offence to reason to write such nonsense. I pity Serena for having you as her fan.

debopero
May 30th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Some of you guys are losers. Seriously get a life.

starin
May 30th, 2008, 12:18 PM
She was talking about being in the press conference. As people have previously said, she didn't want to be there. But whatever. Haters will perceive what Serena said in whatever way they want to make it look like she is this evil person. She has every right to be annoyed and not want to be at a press conference. So many players hate doing them after losses and even sometimes when they win.

there's not point in arguing w/ extreme fans and extreme haters.
I still remember arguing w/ someone on whether or not Irena Spirlea bumped into Venus at the 97 USO.
there was a video and direct proof in your face and this person was still insisting somehow Venus forced Spirlea to change her stride and walk into her. :tape::lol:

DragonFlame
May 30th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Srebotnik in the top2 :spit:

Malva
May 30th, 2008, 12:21 PM

Maybe you have difficulty with foreign languages like English but to say I just don't wan't to be here is an acceptable and even eloquent figure of speech in English, and it does not sound arrogant at all.

BuTtErFrEnA
May 30th, 2008, 12:23 PM

been doing it for years now :shrug:

TheBoiledEgg
May 30th, 2008, 12:23 PM
if she didnt wanna be there

she should have lost in 45 mins
but she was fighting for every point :rolleyes:

Cp6uja
May 30th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Williams was less gracious in her postmatch news conference, explaining her demeanor by saying, "I just don't want to be here."Why evil Roland Garros organizers put her on Suzanne Lenglen instead Philippe Chatrier stadium... Ree simple just don't want to be there :confused: :tape: ;)

But speaking seriously i'm still shocked with this result and hope that Serena or Oracene will give some explanation... but i still dont see any logic for score like this :confused:

Craigy
May 30th, 2008, 12:25 PM

Press conference. :o

Golovinjured.
May 30th, 2008, 12:26 PM
I think she was very careful not to say 'lucky shots' :lol: But she implied it...

Say it with me Serena

"She...played...well." :) Three little words, it's not that hard to show some grace in losing.

serenus_2k8

If you read the thread you would realise she spoke about the interview, moron.

schorsch
TBE, she didnt want to face the press, it wasnt about the tournament.

Still Serena, not graceful as always (except at the net maybe she often smiles there, so) and completely unprofessional after losses... Blah

Olórin
May 30th, 2008, 12:27 PM
I think she was very careful not to say 'lucky shots' :lol: But she implied it...

Say it with me Serena

"She...played...well." :) Three little words, it's not that hard to show some grace in losing.

Reading comprehension skills are useful. She said she could be a top two player. It's delusional, but it's showing grace and respect to her opponents abilities on the day. QED.

homogenius
May 30th, 2008, 12:28 PM

ummm, it was some Serena fans who started claiming that she tanked (even before her press conf)and used her interview the way they wanted to.Besides that, some of those reetards are the worse when some others players lost some matches.
Maybe they'll realized that you can't have it both ways (today Srebotnik played a better match than Serena and they should aknowledge that imo).

starin
May 30th, 2008, 12:30 PM
TBE, she didnt want to face the press, it wasnt about the tournament.

Still Serena, not graceful as always (except at the net maybe she often smiles there, so) and completely unprofessional after losses... Blah

hey i just wanted to say: zomg if Srebotnik didn't have a serve she would've lost this match. All those bps saved. Srebotnik is just the female roddick.

:rolleyes:

Hardiansf
May 30th, 2008, 12:31 PM
I'm still shock!!! Venus, please do better...

Golovinjured.
May 30th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Reading comprehension skills are useful. She said she could be a top two player. It's delusional, but it's showing grace and respect to her opponents abilities on the day. QED.

We'll obviously see these quotes from a different perspective seeing as though we have differing views upon Ms. Williams.

The way I see it? Serena said she made shots she'd probably never made in her life, otherwise she would be Top 2 in the world. She's (obviously) not Top 2 in the world, hence the shots are, one would say - lucky, for someone of Srebotnik's calibre.

Noctis
May 30th, 2008, 12:35 PM
She Just don't want to be here,SO no POINT PERFORMNG TO FRENCH CROWDS THAT GOES 'YHHHHHHHHH'
EVERYTIME SERENA MAKE A UF OR A BALL OUT.I Hate Rg Go Wimbledom!!!!

starin
May 30th, 2008, 12:38 PM
We'll obviously see these quotes from a different perspective seeing as though we have differing views upon Ms. Williams.

The way I see it? Serena said she made shots she'd probably never made in her life, otherwise she would be Top 2 in the world. She's (obviously) not Top 2 in the world, hence the shots are, one would say - lucky, for someone of Srebotnik's calibre.

:eek: i didn't see it like that at all.

:bounce: Serena's being a sneaky b*tch. that's how white girls do it. they insult u w/ a compliment and a smile. I knew Serena couldn't be so stupid as to think she wasn't the reason she lost this match. At least I hope u're interpretation of what she's saying is right. then again u might be reading wayyyy to much into her words and twisting them to match u're expectations.

homogenius
May 30th, 2008, 12:40 PM

You're really shameless.Who's the moron really ??

Golovinjured.
May 30th, 2008, 12:42 PM
:eek: i didn't see it like that at all.

:bounce: Serena's being a sneaky b*tch. that's how white girls do it. they insult u w/ a compliment and a smile. I knew Serena couldn't be so stupid as to think she wasn't the reason she lost this match. At least I hope u're interpretation of what she's saying is right. then again u might be reading wayyyy to much into her words and twisting them to match u're expectations.

Maybe :shrug:

Doubt it though ;)

Avid Merrion
May 30th, 2008, 12:43 PM

that's exactly what she meant, but yet again people only read what they want to read :yawn:

starin
May 30th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Q. You seem puzzled. Is that a good way to describe how you feel?

SERENA WILLIAMS: No, I'm not puzzled at all. I just don't want to be here. (laughter.)

she meant press conference people. :shrug:

LANGAM
May 30th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Why do people take things out of context. Read the whole interview and you can clearly see she is talking about the press conference that she did not want to be there. She gave enough credit to her opponent for playing well, what else do you people want her to say. She is obviously smarting over the loss.

comfortably.numb
May 30th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Serena is delusional if she thinks Srebotnik played like a top 2 player. I guess that what she does mentally to take the sting off a tough loss, but it's not a realistic approach at all. And it obviously doesn't work.

I can understand not wanting to participate in the press conference though. Had to suck after such a stunning defeat.

pka_liloo
May 30th, 2008, 12:54 PM
btw, we have to give Serena some credit.
watch video here: http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/multimedia/index.html
it's a part of her interview, you can actually hear her saying "She just played unbelievable today" ;)

Dodoboy.
May 30th, 2008, 12:56 PM
illiterate morons like The Kaz are so quick to jump to conclusions :rolleyes:

starin
May 30th, 2008, 12:58 PM
it's a part of her interview, you can actually hear her saying "She just played unbelievable today" ;)

the funny thing is that Serena finally says something like this after a loss and it's just not true. Srebotnik did not play unbelievable. She played like a good top 20 player. She wasn't throwing anything at Serena that Serena hadn't seen before.

S-T-E-V-E
May 30th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Seriously, what do you expect. Serena is, when she is at the top of her game, the best player out there at the moment and everyone should be aware of this. She can beat everybody everytime on every surface, you all saw it what happened in 2002. And if you know what you are capable of, you don't wanna to lose at all, especially not in the 3# round of a GS tournament. Of course, she's dissapointed because she played a pretty bad match and all credit to Katarina Srebotnik who really deserved to win that match because she played great and very intelligent and Serena made a lot of stupid mistakes.

So I really don't know why people are argueing about her not wanting to be in Paris....this is just really stupid and people should actually use their brains before writing something in here...but I guess you can't expect that at all most of the time...of course she doesn't really wanna talk about a match she just lost where she played pretty poorly...and if she would have played like in 2002, this would have been a very different story.

To end this, I was never a fan of Serena Williams but I have seen her dominating...and if she's dominating, there's nobody else than herself who can stop her.

Dodoboy.
May 30th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Serena was so nice in the handshake :awww:

jujufreak
May 30th, 2008, 01:03 PM
You are all so sick of her bullshit, excuses, whatever but yet you are always there. If you guys hate her so much why are you following her every move she makes? Get over it, she might not have won today but she is simple the best!!!!!!

she was the best in 2002, stop living in the past...

jujufreak
May 30th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Are you missing the bit where Serena says Kata played shots worthy of the top 2 ?

No, that's as lame as Clijsters saying she was sure Shuai Peng would be top-3 after her defeat in San Diego...

they act as if their opponent played out of their mind to make their loss more bearable

SU
May 30th, 2008, 01:07 PM
Every one hates serena but, ask Justin and sharapoa were their career slam in tennis began

jujufreak
May 30th, 2008, 01:08 PM
Serena has won 8 grand slams, Olympic gold medial, Fed Cup, #1 in the world, 6 Double championships, she can say whatever the F*CK she wants too

Martina Navratilova has won 18 grand slams, so she's definitely entitled to have her own opinion, but if she doesn't praise the WS, you and other fans are all over her...

talk about double standards :)

Golovinjured.
May 30th, 2008, 01:12 PM

I'm surprised actually after hearing a bit of it. More gracious than I've known Serena to be, I jumped to conclusions before, and I apologise.

Serena's growing up :D

Craigy
May 30th, 2008, 01:13 PM

I'm surprised actually after hearing a bit of it. More gracious than I've known Serena to be, I jumped to conclusions before, and I apologise.

Serena's growing up :D

It's nice to see at least some people apologise.

Princeza
May 30th, 2008, 01:14 PM
"I just don't want to be here."

How respectful.

Radix2

You are taking her comments out of context. She was saying that she does not want to be at the press conference.

As for her being arrogant, I am always surprised at how so many people mistake confidence for arrogance.

roelc
No, that's as lame as Clijsters saying she was sure Shuai Peng would be top-3 after her defeat in San Diego...

they act as if their opponent played out of their mind to make their loss more bearable

it's alive! and it's mentioning kim...
in a negative way...
again...
SHOCKING :eek:

didn't kim say top-10? still, it's possible that 'mediocre' players sometimes have the match of their life where everything is going the way they want it.

and serena, oh well, it isn't as bad as her "lucky shots" last year :tape:

roelc
May 30th, 2008, 01:16 PM
As for her being arrogant, I am always surprised at how so many people mistake confidence for arrogance.

very thin line (certainly in serena's case)

alfonsojose
May 30th, 2008, 01:17 PM

:lol:

Sharapowerr
May 30th, 2008, 01:18 PM

Say it with me Serena

That s what i mean , it s not that i m a serena hater i just thinks she s not sportive.. it s always something if she loses, about the hate i think the Williams fans hate Maria

jujufreak
May 30th, 2008, 01:20 PM
She can beat everybody everytime on every surface, you all saw it what happened in 2002.

2002 was just a weak year... Hingis quit, Seles, Davenport and other former champions were past their peaks and Justine hadn't start working with Etcheberry yet...

You know she can't beat everybody everytime on every surface, she wasn't unbeatable in 2002, she was even lucky to win the French Open in '02, because Justine was ill.

jujufreak
May 30th, 2008, 01:21 PM
didn't kim say top-10?

check your facts before criticizing me, she said top-3

roelc
May 30th, 2008, 01:27 PM
2002 was just a weak year... Hingis quit, Seles, Davenport and other former champions were past their peaks and Justine hadn't start working with Etcheberry yet...

You know she can't beat everybody everytime on every surface, she wasn't unbeatable in 2002, she was even lucky to win the French Open in '02, because Justine was ill.

this is as classy as serena's "lucky shots" :rolleyes:
justine wasn't as good in 2002 as in 2003 (you say it yourself), so stating serena won RG because of Justine's illness is :tape:
and I think 2002 was a strong year with total dominance from the williams-sisters

I guess you still have some mourning to do

SOA_MC
May 30th, 2008, 01:27 PM
How are we reading this interview.

What exactly are we reading?

I don't even see what is so bad about her saying she doesn't want to be there./

She was talking about the press conference and she said some nice things about Kata like you mention. The OP (a Serena fan) started this thread off with the logic Serena said she doesn't want to be here and that's why she lost if she did want to be here she would have won that's why some of the replies have anti-Serena. You have admit the OP is dumb:weirdo:

roelc
May 30th, 2008, 01:28 PM
check your facts before criticizing me, she said top-3

I AM ASKING YOU, AREN'T I?
did you see the questionMarc?

RenaSlam.
May 30th, 2008, 01:29 PM
Serena haters having a field day :p

jujufreak
May 30th, 2008, 01:31 PM
I AM ASKING YOU, AREN'T I?
did you see the questionMarc?

no, first, you're criticizing me and then you're asking me if she didn't say top-10.

the correct way would be to first ask me if she really said top-3 and then hold back the criticism...

Svetlana.
May 30th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Bey-bey Serena :bigwave:

jujufreak
May 30th, 2008, 01:37 PM
justine wasn't as good in 2002 as in 2003 (you say it yourself), so stating serena won RG because of Justine's illness is :tape:
and I think 2002 was a strong year with total dominance from the williams-sisters

No, it's not as classless as Serena's lucky shots, because I have no problem saying Serena was the best player in 2002, but the truth is none of the other champions were at their peak at that moment.

Justine beat Serena in Berlin, she has always been the better player on clay... even you should be able to acknowledge that.

I'm not mourning at all, why should I :D Justine realised everything she wanted to accomplish in her career, she's happy, so why would I have to be sad. She didn't end her career as a one slam wonder like some of her colleagues.

anyway, this thread isn't about Justine... let's keep it that way

Princeza
May 30th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Renaslam darling why do you badrep me when i say the truth. Weren't you taught respect? What she said was not respectful and don't spread your anger on others because your babygurl lost :awww:

Avid Merrion
May 30th, 2008, 01:44 PM
You have admit the OP is dumb:weirdo:

yep, and quickly followed by the rest of the flock....
http://waterworlds.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/many-sheep.jpg

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!:lol:

$uricate
May 30th, 2008, 01:50 PM
yep, and quickly followed by the rest of the flock....
http://waterworlds.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/many-sheep.jpg

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!:lol:

What does that mean? Most of the posters on here are mocking the OP for suggesting that the reason Serena lost was because she didnt want to be at Roland Garros, which is not true. At least I hope they realise that Serena ddnt actually say that she ddnt want to be at RG :O

Smackie
May 30th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Do you think it's because of the crowd? I get the feeling that the French crowd sort of appreciate who she is but when they get the opportunity, the do boo at her quite loudly.

Avid Merrion
What does that mean? Most of the posters on here are mocking the OP for suggesting that the reason Serena lost was because she didnt want to be at Roland Garros, which is not true. At least I hope they realise that Serena ddnt actually say that she ddnt want to be at RG :O

i would have thought it was fairly obvious who it was directed at :)

Kworb
Gracious interview by Serena, giving Katarina credit. Of course she doesn't want to be at a press conference after a loss. I'm sure she's disappointed she can't add another French Open to her resumé.

QUEENLINDSAY
May 30th, 2008, 01:57 PM
im not even surprise with the comment. She never credit even henin, so what in the hell you guys think she would credit kata?
Grow up Serena!

Craigy
May 30th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Do you think it's because of the crowd? I get the feeling that the French crowd sort of appreciate who she is but when they get the opportunity, the do boo at her quite loudly.

I actually thought the crowd was great today.

Sally Struthers
May 30th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Serena gives the best post match loss interviews. They're so refreshing rather than your generic, PC answers even if they do come off as sore loserish at times. But when you're Serena Williams you can say such things.

serenus_2k8
May 30th, 2008, 01:58 PM
:yawn:

You guys still bickering? Get over it!

I love how half the threads in GM are about a William sister :hearts: Shows that Ree is still the Queen of tennis :worship:

Ceri
May 30th, 2008, 01:59 PM
She's bound to be irritated - nothing out of the ordinary there, and she notes that Katarina played well in their match. *shrugs* not much for the vultures to feed on here surely?

Craigy
May 30th, 2008, 01:59 PM
im not even surprise with the comment. She never credit even henin, so what in the hell you guys think she would credit kata?
Grow up Serena!

How about you actually read through the thread before you make such accusations. :weirdo:

One last time. She was saying that she didn't want to be at the press conference. I'm sorry but I do not see how this means she is an arrogant person. :weirdo:

$uricate
May 30th, 2008, 02:00 PM
i would have thought it was fairly obvious who it was directed at :)

OK, gotcha now ;)

I just wish everyone would read and understand things before posting a slew of hate or smugness, nothing quite brings in the numbers like a Serena quote from a post-match interview!

Barbarela
May 30th, 2008, 02:01 PM
For sure she's the best in the size of her ass!!!

Barbarela
May 30th, 2008, 02:02 PM

For sure, she's the best in the size of her ass!!:devil:

QUEENLINDSAY
May 30th, 2008, 02:03 PM
How about you actually read through the thread before you make such accusations. :weirdo:

One last time. She was saying that she didn't want to be at the press conference. I'm sorry but I do not see how this means she is an arrogant person. :weirdo:
I read the interview and she never said she was outplayed, but the fact is she was!
I'm not claiming she said that she said she doesn't want to be in the tournament.
I think she is arrogant for underestimating her opponent saying like " she hit shots she does'nt normally do" thats cocky and arrogant. She felt like she is the only player who can change her game based on her opponent.
If you can give me a single statement of serena crediting her opponent played better. i would reconsider.

$uricate
May 30th, 2008, 02:08 PM
I dont think Serena said anything wrong really. Im only irritated that the OP is trying to say that the only reason Serena lost was because she didnt want to be here (it makes Serena fans look bad when in fact only a very small minority are). Obviously all the haters then latch onto this made up theory as the de-facto Serena excuse and then all hell breaks loss.

archie4
May 30th, 2008, 02:10 PM
"I just don't want to be here" refers to the press confrence NOT the tournament. She has stated over and over again that she enjoys playing on clay and wanted to do well at Roland Garros.

Her attitude at post-loss press confrences is always this way, so people shouldn't be surprised. This quote, however, is being taken out of context. She wanted to do well in Paris and is obviously disappointed!

jujufreak
May 30th, 2008, 02:11 PM
:yawn:

You guys still bickering? Get over it!

I love how half the threads in GM are about a William sister :hearts: Shows that Ree is still the Queen of tennis :worship:

it shows Williams fans like opening new threads, that's all :lol:

pov
May 30th, 2008, 02:16 PM
The full post-match interview has been posted HERE (http://www.tennisfo2rum.com/showthread.php?t=344380).

Matt01
May 30th, 2008, 02:52 PM
To end this, I was never a fan of Serena Williams but I have seen her dominating...and if she's dominating, there's nobody else than herself who can stop her.

:lol:

As if we haven't already have enough of this "Serena beat herself"-crap. :tape:

Matt01
May 30th, 2008, 02:54 PM

I don't think that 2002 was a particularly strong year (Hingis and Lindsay out with injury etc.), but generally you have fair points :)

~{X}~
May 30th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Moving on to Wimbledon. Just focus on that Serena! 3 Wimbledon titles! :bounce:

S-T-E-V-E
May 30th, 2008, 03:36 PM
I don't think that 2002 was a particularly strong year (Hingis and Lindsay out with injury etc.), but generally you have fair points :)

This is no crap, this is just the truth ;)

Mrs. Peel
May 30th, 2008, 03:51 PM

Some administrator you are :lol:

ASP0315
May 30th, 2008, 03:52 PM
for the first time in nearly 4 years i'm seeing serena giving a decent interview.
I'm niether a fan nor a hater of serena. But i like her game though.(don't like her attitude much.)
But props to Serena.

Julian
May 30th, 2008, 03:56 PM
I think she meant she didn't want to be there after losing?? I wouldn't want to be there either!
Anyway wow the only champion in the draw is OUT! this French Open is open for ANYONE to take!

LDF
May 30th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Some people in this thread :o

It's pretty clear that she was saying that she didn't want to be in the press conference, rather than be in Paris in general. I think it's a fair comment, not many people would be pleased to talk to a room full of reporters after a tough loss :shrug:

Matt01
May 30th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Some administrator you are :lol:

He's a mod not an admin ;)

sunset
May 30th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Down Goes Serena! Yessssssssssssssss I love it.

There is nothing that makes me feel better than to see Serena get smoked early. So she like her chances because Justine was out of the picture huh! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Someone forgot to tell her about the other good players that are out there. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

JUSTICE4ALL
May 30th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Well looks like ESPN.com agreed with me, everyone take a visit to www.espn.com :) "FORGET PARIS"

NeoZod19
May 30th, 2008, 04:27 PM

I just read the ranscript and you are right!!! she was referring to the interview!!!! so let's move on guys!!

LUVMIRZA
May 30th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Typical Serena. I wonder y she always tries to be a bitch at the press conference!!

sunset
May 30th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Typical Serena. I wonder y she always tries to be a bitch at the press conference!! It’s called poor sportsmanship.

Becool
May 30th, 2008, 04:53 PM
wow you are a stupid member!

Becool
May 30th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Down Goes Serena! Yessssssssssssssss I love it.

There is nothing that makes me feel better than to see Serena get smoked early. So she like her chances because Justine was out of the picture huh! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Someone forgot to tell her about the other good players that are out there. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

tell that to jankovic and sharapova as well

OrdinaryfoolisNJ
May 30th, 2008, 04:58 PM

I agree with the first part of this comment. That's exactly what Serena meant. Srebotnik surprised her by making shots that she would usually only expect from a top 2 player. But that's to be expected against a top player in a slam. Chris Evert talked all the time about how players raised the level of their games dramatically when they played her. They had nothing to lose, yet all to gain. That's as it should be. The top player expects it, and beats those byatches back down to their level. Serena just didn't do that today.

I don't agree that Serena was saying any shots were "lucky." Not at all, but rather that the Srebotnik raised the level of her usual play tremendously. That's a compliment to Srebotnik.

I agree that Serena was saying that she didn't want to be at the presser, but then, her mother says that she's been in a "funk," and it seemed like she was talking about more than just the presser. Maybe Serena just wasn't feeling up this tournament. But that's her job -- especially during a grand slam. So no excuses. Serena can now focus on a surface that's better for her, and hopefully also work on resolving what's causing her funk before Wimbledon.