PDA

View Full Version : Venus is class

coolbird2
May 30th, 2008, 12:16 PM
I have to say I have been a fan of Venus from when she won her first slam at wimbledon. But I have to say I always kinda found her a bit offish off the court. But now when I listen to her speak about tennis and about her oppents is with such grace and respect. I feel people think that as Serena is not very fourth coming with praise about her oppents Venus is the same. But I feel Venus is always very fair in the press confence win or lose.

And I think the Venus gets a lot of repect from all the other Tennis players out there now. More so than I think Serena does. the other day I was watching Justine leaving tribuet and she talked about her match with Venus at the US Open last year and she classed Venus as a great person and a truly great champion.

I just think its great to see Venus happy with her life and really enjoying her Tennis and just being on the court win or lose.

Keep it up Venus

Marshmallow
May 30th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Nice post, yes :D

Venus seems to have matured pretty nicely. When I first saw her, she was pretty raw, direct - but always honest. :lol: You didn't have to be told she was from Compton, she communicated that quite clearly :D

The honest is still there and has always been there, but now she delivers it with class, and grace. It's not only the things she says, but the things she does. Fighting for Gender equality on and off court, promoting tennis as a whole and articulating the importance of fans and support, going to school, Running a successful Interior deco company, securing design deals (E.g. Eleven). She has just grown so well, and has what seems to be a fully and successful life.

A lot of players have seen this, and have spoken positively about Venus, complimenting what she has managed to achieve. And while doing all this of course, she has managed to win slams. :D And she's not planning to quite tennis like some noteable others. Venus=Wonderwoman

serenus_2k8
May 30th, 2008, 12:48 PM
I think Venus is gonna lose later today.

Shvedbarilescu
May 30th, 2008, 12:59 PM
I agree. Win or lose Venus certainly displays class consistantly. I wouldn't like to predict whether she will win today or not, I wouldn't be surprised either way but that Venus will carry herself with dignity either way is a given.

Paneru
May 30th, 2008, 01:03 PM
I agree. Win or lose Venus certainly displays class consistantly. I wouldn't like to predict whether she will win today or not, I wouldn't be surprised either way but that Venus will carry herself with dignity either way is a given.

Indeed!

Venus IMO has always exhibited this class(look at her 97' RUP Speech at the USO). It was just accompanied by more bluntness back then which did rub some the wrong way. Yet, now, she is aware moreso of her words. And she definitely chooses them well these days.

Very proud of Venus.