PDA

View Full Version : A Serious Response

debopero
May 30th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Can anyone give me an unbiased (meainng no Serena fans/haters and likewise for Katerina) account of what happened. I do not have telievison and my internet is slow (dial up :rolleyes: ) so I really can not download anything without waiing four days for the end result. Therefore, I obviusly did not see the match (between Srebotnik and Serena).

davidmario
May 30th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Kata was serving great, moving great and playing great at the net.
Serena was serving ok but she missed easy opportunities. Even on match point she went for a difficult cross court winner and missed it.
So Kata was mentally tough and played super. And Serena played not THAT bad but still missed a lot of easy shots.

Demska
May 30th, 2008, 11:06 AM
PWNAGE HAPPENED

Destiny
Serena simply could not convert the points at the right time and kata stepped up when it mattered and toook advantage of Serena's lack of composure.

DragonFlame
Srebotnik was putting in the right tactics. She kept varieing her balls. A lot of slice, a lot of topspin, dropshots and lobs to get serena out of her rythm, and that's what happened. Serena started piling up error after error and tried to change it around by going to the net. The problem was though that she was so out of balance that didn't work either, she kept missing volley after volley and easy smashes. She selfdestructed.

debopero
May 30th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Srebotnik was putting in the right tactics. She kept varieing her balls. A lot of slice, a lot of topspin, dropshots and lobs to get serena out of her rythm, and that's what happened. Serena started piling up error after error and tried to change it around by going to the net. The problem was though that she was so out of balance that didn't work either, she kept missing volley after volley and easy smashes. She selfdestructed.

I thought she had her stuff together this year :sad:.

serenus_2k8
May 30th, 2008, 01:34 PM
The thing is, Ree had way to much pressure on herself, and I think after Rome and Berlin she had too much doubt.

Trust me, it is no shame that she lost because Srebotnik played amazing, and seems like a great person. Wimb is next, and I for one am glad to see the back of the clay :o

SAEKeithSerena
May 30th, 2008, 01:35 PM
serena mentally collapsed. too much pressure.

Malva
May 30th, 2008, 01:41 PM
serena mentally collapsed. too much pressure.

Wasn't she acclaimed by her own fans as the mentally toughest player?

Lolo8
May 30th, 2008, 01:46 PM
The reality is both Venus and Serena need a new coach. They play like their stuck in 1998. :o

NeeemZ
May 30th, 2008, 01:46 PM

By mentally tough, that doesn't mean 'I will never ever lose a match again'.

Smackie
May 30th, 2008, 01:47 PM

1) it's her fans, NOT HER
2) she is still one of the strongest mentally out there. Every player fails sometime but Serena certainly makes up with good wins - same can rarely be said about Agnieszka..........great player but I would pick Serena winning every time.

serenus_2k8
May 30th, 2008, 02:00 PM
2) she is still one of the strongest mentally out there. Every player fails sometime but Serena certainly makes up with good wins - same can rarely be said about Agnieszka..........great player but I would pick Serena winning every time.

Wow :eek:

Very well said :worship: :hug:

Malva
May 30th, 2008, 02:01 PM
By mentally tough, that doesn't mean 'I will never ever lose a match again'.

A lame response.

My question was rhetorical; it was prompted by one of Serena's fans saying that she mentally collapsed, that it was too much pressure for her.

debopero
May 30th, 2008, 02:04 PM
A lame response.

My question was rhetorical; it was prompted by one of Serena's fans saying that she mentally collapsed, that it was too much pressure for her.

What do you get out of going into every thread about Serena and being pessimistic?

Malva
May 30th, 2008, 02:16 PM

What it's her fans, NOT HER does mean? It is her fans mentally collapse, not her?

What does Radwańska have to do with this thread? Nothing. Responding to my rhetorical question like Serena is still better than Agnieszka is simply childish.