PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay in Eastbourne.

Elldee
May 22nd, 2008, 04:46 PM
French Open, Smench Open... roll on Eastbourne!

I never know how I want Lindsay to do when she plays the week before a slam... I don't want her to do badly and be demoralised, but I don't want her to have tough matches and not be fresh for wimbledon.

More importantly, is anyone going?? I think I'm going to buy tickets tomorrow either for Monday/Tuesday or Tuesday/Wednesday. If I get monday/tuesday there will be no way I can miss Lindsay, but if I do tuesday/wed I'll probably see her and then Ivanovic too... thoughts? The schedule for monday last year was pretty grim.

Noctis
May 22nd, 2008, 05:23 PM
Hurry up cos you wont get tickets soon.

Elldee
May 23rd, 2008, 07:05 PM
DONE. I'm very excited. Best see Lindsay.

lindsayno1
May 28th, 2008, 04:58 PM
why do the top players not get it...eastbourne is WINDY! Birmingham is awesome - nice little tier 3! Jankovic and Pova have the right idea there!

LindsayfanTV
May 28th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Have been to Eastbourne every year since 2003 and there have been days when it has been windy but it isn't as bad as all that. I am going to Birminghan too this year so it will be nice to compare the two tourneys. ;)

Eastbourne is a must this year as Lindsay is playing and next year it will be fantastic as a joint WTA/ATP event :bounce:

Olórin
May 28th, 2008, 10:36 PM
Eastbourne should be great this year, Ivanovic, Sharapova and Lindsay. Big babe tennis will reign supreme. Hope Lindsay goes far :hearts:

Elldee
May 30th, 2008, 07:40 AM
If Lindsay doesn't play I'll CRY. The field's pretty weak this year... I'd pick Lindsay for the title without a draw.

Dave.
May 30th, 2008, 07:41 AM
I thought Sharapova and Ivanovic were playing this year?

Anyway hopefully Lindsay will show them how it's done on grass. With Henin, Clijsters and Rubin out, Lindsay will be the only former champ in the draw unless Kuzy plays.

Elldee
May 30th, 2008, 08:02 AM
I don't think sharapova will play and, well, Lindsay > Ana.

LindsayRulz
May 30th, 2008, 06:27 PM
I think it's not the first time that Maria enters Eastbourne. After RG she usually withdraws and plays Birmingham instead.

The Daviator
May 30th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Is Maria even on the entry list?

Can't wait for Linds to come back, I miss Mamaport :(

#1Davenport
May 31st, 2008, 06:54 AM
I miss Lindsay so bad right now. I can't wait to see her play at Wimbledon! :hearts:

LDF
May 31st, 2008, 11:07 AM
Is Maria even on the entry list?

Can't wait for Linds to come back, I miss Mamaport :(

She is at the moment, but I've heard her say that she'll only play Eastbourne over Birmingham if she reaches the final of RG.

So she probably won't play ;) :tape:

Ceri
May 31st, 2008, 01:23 PM
If Lindsay doesn't play I'll CRY. The field's pretty weak this year... I'd pick Lindsay for the title without a draw.

Mm, the field is hardly weak - Sharapova, Ivanovic, Mauresmo and others are down to play. I'm going monday-tuesday, v. excited about it as i have really good seats! :D

Ceri
May 31st, 2008, 01:25 PM
^^^ though admittedly Maria might pull out and head for Bham instead. I hope Lindsay sticks with Eastbourne now.

Emmanya
Jun 3rd, 2008, 03:46 PM
I am going to Eastbourne! It is the first WTA tennis event I've ever been to and I am ridiculously excited - I have always wanted to see Lindsay play! I bought tickets for Wednesday - she should still be around by then and the really exciting bit is I am working behind the scenes at the tournie on Thursday!
Regarding the entry list - I really don't see any bother for Lindsay if she is playing well especially if Sharapova is out.

Dave.
Jun 3rd, 2008, 04:44 PM
Apparently Maria is out now as expected, so go Lindsay!

LindsayRulz
Jun 3rd, 2008, 04:57 PM
Yeah it's offical, Maria's out and she's replaced by Vaidisova. :)

Elldee
Jun 3rd, 2008, 06:26 PM
I literally don't care about the entry list as long as I see Lindsay [preferrably twice] and practicing. EXCITING.

Lindsayfan32
Jun 4th, 2008, 05:16 AM
Good hear Maria is out of Eastbourne betters Lindsay's chances of winning and there are no real threats. If Lindsay can beat Ana on hardcourt she can do the same on grass.

LindsayfanTV
Jun 4th, 2008, 08:10 AM
I have got tickets for the last four days at Eastbourne. I go every year for at least two days but this year I have some time off and thought that with the added incentive of Lindsay being in the draw, it was a chance to overdose on tennis.

It would be just great if Lindsay got all the way to the finals ~ she usually plays doubles there as well so loads of chances to see her play! Bliss :hearts:

Elldee
Jun 4th, 2008, 09:21 AM
If I wasn't going, I wouldn't want Lindsay to play the week before a slam so I really hope she doesn't play doubles body-wise... although I'd love more Lindsay viewing. I don't know who she'd play with though? Someone new would be nice. Maybe AI!

*timtams*
Jun 4th, 2008, 09:45 AM
i am going too, just trying to get tickets now and a hotel, go every year, love it. Great that Linds is going too! :woohoo:

*timtams*
Jun 4th, 2008, 09:45 AM
ps i changed my signature when linds fake retired and had little jagger-how was i to know she was coming back. I pledge to TOPS!

Lindsayfan32
Jun 4th, 2008, 11:19 AM
I hope everyone going to Eastbourne to watch Lindsay play enjoys themselves and could you all please take plenty of photos and post them in here. You don't fully appreiate how hard Lindsay hits ball until you've seen her play live :)

LindsayfanTV
Jun 5th, 2008, 10:14 AM
Totally agree with you ~ I saw her practice in Dubai and the sound of the ball of the racket was like a rifle shot ~ it was amazing!

dav abu
Jun 5th, 2008, 12:50 PM
So jeulous of the people going to Eastbourne:worship: gutted I cant go myself (work :sad:). Went last year and I think it is a great spot - a brill way to see the players up close. Hope you all have a great time. Get right behind Lindsay :bounce:

LindsayRulz
Jun 6th, 2008, 02:31 AM
Kuznetsova late entry, she's next in the main draw.

Elldee
Jun 6th, 2008, 09:38 AM
I just hope it doesn't mean Ana will pull out! She's young though and hopefully will be ready to play again after a week and a half.

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 7th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Good Luck to Linds in Eastbourne :D:bounce:.

Lindsayfan32
Jun 8th, 2008, 12:51 AM
I just hope it doesn't mean Ana will pull out! She's young though and hopefully will be ready to play again after a week and a half.

I hope she doesn't pull out too but players who do well on clay don't generally do well on grass but I hope ths changes for Ana as I like her and was glad to see her win the french last night. :)

LindsayRulz
Jun 9th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Kuznetsova IN
Golovin OUT

LethalLindsay
Jun 12th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Ana's Out!

LDF
Jun 14th, 2008, 12:33 PM
Main draw is out! Lindsay's projected path:

R1: Virginie Razzano
R2: [4] Agnieszka Radwanska
R3: [7] Nicole Vaidisova [:spit:]
SF: [5] Azarenka / [2] Bartoli / someone

Really, if she's in any sort of form, she should be making the final.

I don't know how good Agnieszka is on grass...that may be a tricky match. But after that it's an excellent draw.

mike/topgun
Jun 14th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Main draw is out! Lindsay's projected path:

R1: Virginie Razzano
R2: [4] Agnieszka Radwanska
R3: [7] Nicole Vaidisova [:spit:]
SF: [5] Azarenka / [2] Bartoli / someone

Really, if she's in any sort of form, she should be making the final.

I don't know how good Agnieszka is on grass...that may be a tricky match. But after that it's an excellent draw.

That's a very decent draw for Lindsay, I must say, but I'd be concerned about the 2nd round match with Aga, who's 2005 Wimbly juniors champ and in her MD debut (2006) she got to 4th round(l. to Kim), last year 3Rd(l. to Sveta). Plus Razzano can too be a tricky opponent on grass with her flast groundies and good all-round technique.
Nevertheless, Lindsay's chances of getting to the final are great, but again she must be prepared for it which I'm sure she is. If the 1st serve works at about 60% - there's only 3-4 players who could stop her on grass(Sharapova, Williams ?). Thern there's a significant chance for Lindsay to win her 2nd Eastbourne title. Bartoli isn't the same player from last year's Wimbledon so I'd pick Azarenka, who is a perspective player, for the SF. In final Sveta, who's grass record is not impressive, and she lost to Lindsay in 2005 Wimbly QF.
Can't wait to see Lindsay back on grass, for the first time since The Memorable Final. I hope ES will show her matches.:)

MH0861
Jun 14th, 2008, 01:36 PM
^ True, and Aga does thrive against power players, but I am quite happy with this draw. Razzano sucks again and she should be able to overpower Aga, so we'll see what happens. Linds could have had Sveta in R2, so I'm fine with Aga instead.

Dave.
Jun 14th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Decent draw. I'm worried about Radwanska. If she can get past her, she should be in the final.

This is Lindsay's best chance to win a higher tier event since her comeback and probably for the rest of her career too.

hurricanejeanne
Jun 14th, 2008, 03:52 PM
It's not that bad of a draw. If Lindsay is serving well she should do very well here. Aga is a bit worrisome, but she tends to just beat Russians so Linds should be okay. :p

dybbuk
Jun 14th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Good luck. Aga is the only person I see stopping her before the final. Can't wait to see her on grass again. :hearts:

Lindsayfan32
Jun 14th, 2008, 11:05 PM
Lindsay's draw could've been a little bit better Razzano can be a diffcult player to play at the best of times little lone when you haven't played in 8 weeks. After that the rest of the draw doesn't seem too bad. But as some of you have said and I agree with if Lindsau serves well there not too many players that can beat her on grass.

MH0861
Jun 15th, 2008, 02:19 PM
OMG she's playing doubles with Petrova :help:

:o :o :o :o :o

Elldee
Jun 15th, 2008, 03:06 PM

Petrova's a great doubles player. I liked Corina and admire her LOADS but I like to see Lindsay mix it up now she's retired.

hurricanejeanne
Jun 15th, 2008, 03:11 PM

:lol: Well Nadia did win a couple of matches at the French and she's a good doubles player.
I guess Linds needs to get her feet wet on the grass again. It's been a long, long time.

MH0861
Jun 15th, 2008, 03:27 PM
I guess I just feel like this.

Some people help feed the homeless.

Some people work with the disabled.

And some people play doubles with Nadia.

I mean we all have our charity cases

cheo23
Jun 15th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Lindsay why are you playing with that slouch Petrova?!?!!!

dybbuk
Jun 15th, 2008, 04:07 PM
I guess I just feel like this.

Some people help feed the homeless.

Some people work with the disabled.

And some people play doubles with Nadia.

I mean we all have our charity cases

Oh dear :haha:

The Daviator
Jun 15th, 2008, 04:17 PM
I'll just pretend she's not playing doubles :o

Good luck in singles Linds, you can win this no problem :cool:

Elldee
Jun 15th, 2008, 05:28 PM
I was so worried she would pull out, but she hasn't PHEW... which is good because I can't afford this as it is and would feel very resentful if I was going to watch, I dunno, Dellacqua or whoever.

I'm happy about the Nadia pairing - hopefully I'll catch them.

Dave.
Jun 15th, 2008, 05:47 PM
OMG Davenport/Petrova :spit:

Good luck Linds! Nadia was actually a great doubles player in her day (she won like 7 titles in 2004) but now she is a former shadow of herself. :sad:

LindsayfanTV
Jun 15th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Great that the draw is out and that Lindsay is in doubles ~ even if it is with Nadia! :eek:

She is not playing tomorrow so I am hoping that she gets through her first match with Razzano on Tuesday as I am going every day from Wednesday and want to have a Linds fest!:bounce::bounce::kiss::hearts:

Go Linds ~ let's get to the finals in singles and doubles :worship:

Elldee
Jun 15th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Great that the draw is out and that Lindsay is in doubles ~ even if it is with Nadia! :eek:

She is not playing tomorrow so I am hoping that she gets through her first match with Razzano on Tuesday as I am going every day from Wednesday and want to have a Linds fest!:bounce::bounce::kiss::hearts:

Go Linds ~ let's get to the finals in singles and doubles :worship:

I'm going tuesday/wednesday so I could basically kiss you. WOO two Lindsay matches.

Dave.
Jun 15th, 2008, 08:50 PM
I'll just pretend she's not playing doubles :o

Good luck in singles Linds, you can win this no problem :cool:

I love your banner! Lindsay totally owned the umpire "If i did my job that bad, I wouldn't even be allowed to be here" :hearts: :rolls:

Gerry :weirdo:

The Daviator
Jun 15th, 2008, 09:23 PM
I love your banner! Lindsay totally owned the umpire "If i did my job that bad, I wouldn't even be allowed to be here" :hearts: :rolls:

Gerry :weirdo:

I've seen him give warnings to Nadal, Djokovic, etc. on the ATP, but Linds laid down the law that day :cool: And she was completely right :o

brayster87
Jun 16th, 2008, 12:00 AM
I've seen him give warnings to Nadal, Djokovic, etc. on the ATP, but Linds laid down the law that day :cool: And she was completely right :o

Yeah the serve from Venus down the T was completely wide! And I think it was on an important point too. :p

Good luck Linds at Eastbourne, go all the way girl!

And as for the doubles, at least she plays doubles unlike other top players on the tour :worship:

Noctis
Jun 16th, 2008, 12:09 AM
I only brought for finals.but she will make it hopefullys with a weak draw

MH0861
Jun 16th, 2008, 02:06 AM
Yes but then I remembered Molik getting robbed of her ace in the AO QF match which then led to her getting broken :o So I kind of felt it was justice :tape:

jacs
Jun 16th, 2008, 05:23 AM
Yes but then I remembered Molik getting robbed of her ace in the AO QF match which then led to her getting broken :o So I kind of felt it was justice :tape:

OMG take that back :p :lol:

tennisboi
Jun 16th, 2008, 11:50 PM
Yeah the serve from Venus down the T was completely wide! And I think it was on an important point too. :p

I think that was actually the point in the match where it was lost cause I think that she would have broken in that game and served it out

LindsayRulz
Jun 17th, 2008, 12:50 AM
Not a bad draw for Lindsay in single, I'm kind of afraid of this Radwanska girl in the second round though. :unsure:

Lindsayfan32
Jun 17th, 2008, 12:57 AM
I've read on gm that Lindsay was practicing with a huge bandage on right leg. I don't know how true it is but if there is any truth to it then it can't be good. If Lindsay is even slightly injured why is playing doubles at Eastbourne?

tennisboi
Jun 17th, 2008, 01:48 AM
I've read on gm that Lindsay was practicing with a huge bandage on right leg. I don't know how true it is but if there is any truth to it then it can't be good. If Lindsay is even slightly injured why is playing doubles at Eastbourne?

Ya I am a bit concerned and I am a bit confused why she is playing doubles at Eastbourne?:confused:

LindsayRulz
Jun 17th, 2008, 02:32 AM
Yeah, Stefi62 is at Eastbourne this week and she saw Lindsay practicing with a huge tape on the leg (she's not quite sure which one). Hopefully it's nothing serious and we'll surely have some pictures after tomorrow's match to see how the leg is.

brayster87
Jun 17th, 2008, 03:58 AM
I wouldn't worry to much about the bandage. Just think if there was something serious then she wouldn't play at eastbourne, she would be resting for wimbledon!

So I think we're reading to much into the leg strapping

Lindsayfan32
Jun 17th, 2008, 04:35 AM
I wouldn't worry to much about the bandage. Just think if there was something serious then she wouldn't play at eastbourne, she would be resting for wimbledon!

So I think we're reading to much into the leg strapping

Hopefully your right brayster being the week before a slam this a bit of a worry. This is Lindsay's best chance of adding to her slam collection and I would hate to see it end because of an injury. I would rather see Lindsay beat 6-0 6-0 by an opponent that defaulting to an injury. I hope this is a total over reaction. :)

tennisboi
Jun 17th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Is Eastbourne on BBC interactive today?

LDF
Jun 17th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Lindsay has withdrawn with a right knee injury :sad:

MH0861
Jun 17th, 2008, 12:08 PM
I knew becoming friendly with Nadia would have its consequences :fiery: :sobbing:

brayster87
Jun 17th, 2008, 12:12 PM
:( I didn't think the strapping was a concern!

Knowing lindsay, she'll pull out of wimbledon as well!

The Daviator
Jun 17th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Does Lindsay get injured walking down the street? :( This is so frustrating, Indian Wells, Amelia Island, and now Eastbourne, what's the point in playing if you're never fit :shrug:

Get well soon Lindsay, I'm not optimistic though.

QUEENLINDSAY
Jun 17th, 2008, 01:51 PM
When can she have the luck?

MH0861
Jun 17th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Does Lindsay get injured walking down the street? :( This is so frustrating, Indian Wells, Amelia Island, and now Eastbourne, what's the point in playing if you're never fit :shrug:

Get well soon Lindsay, I'm not optimistic though.

At least you have other favorites to rely on to win :lol: Mine are either injured messes who never play, smoke crack, win mickey mouse titles or don't win at all :haha:

The Daviator
Jun 17th, 2008, 03:40 PM
At least you have other favorites to rely on to win :lol: Mine are either injured messes who never play, smoke crack, win mickey mouse titles or don't win at all :haha:

Sounds like Lindsay's future career trajectory :sad:

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 17th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Lindsay:sad:. I hope she'll be 100% fit by Monday. :bounce:

LethalLindsay
Jun 17th, 2008, 04:42 PM
This would have to rank up there, bad luck wise, with the thigh injury in the SF of the 2004 U.S Open......can she get a break please?!

dybbuk
Jun 17th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Damnit. :bigcry:

#1SteffiGraf#1
Jun 17th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Ok, so she withdraws with a bad knee.

a)she injured it practicing too hard and is a major question mark for Wimbledon.

or

b)it isnt really injured, just a little sore. And she will just practice a little on grass before Wimbledon. Just doesnt wanna push it at Eastbourne.

Hoping B :cool:

LindsayRulz
Jun 17th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Oh no Lindsay :sobbing:

*06 flashback*

LindsayfanTV
Jun 17th, 2008, 07:59 PM
:mad::confused::banghead::bigcry::shrug::sobbing:: hysteric::explode:

Gutted ~ no Lindsay on any day at Eastbourne. 4 days of "what might have been"

Weather better be good or deep depression will be settling in over Centre Court tomorrow and it will be mine!

Lindsayfan32
Jun 17th, 2008, 08:03 PM
Bugger I was hoping I was wrong. I hope Lindsay is ready to go at Wimbledon by Monday. I knew it didn't sound good. do we know anymore a knee injury can be a lot of things. Her right knee was the one she had trouble with in 2002 and in the end had surgery on.

Here is a statement from Lindsay I found on the net

Injured Lindsay Davenport aims to play at Wimbledon next week EASTBOURNE, England — Lindsay Davenport withdrew from the International Women's Open on Tuesday with a knee injury, but expects to compete at Wimbledon.
Davenport, who was set to play in her first event since defaulting from her semifinal match against Maria Sharapova at Amelia Island in April, won the Eastbourne title in 2001, and Wimbledon in 1999.
"I am very disappointed to be unable to compete here but I unfortunately injured my right knee in practice over the weekend and was unable to recover in time for today's match," Davenport said in a brief statement released by Eastbourne organizers. "I look forward to it getting better and resting and, of course, being able to play next week at Wimbledon."
Davenport, who has three Grand Slam singles titles, returned to the WTA Tour in August last year after an 11-month absence to have a baby.
She has played only seven tournaments this year, winning titles at Auckland in January and Memphis in March.

ChampLindsay
Jun 17th, 2008, 08:06 PM
Lindsayy:sad::sad:

Really really bad:sobbing:
Get healthy for Wimbledon!:kiss:

dybbuk
Jun 17th, 2008, 08:10 PM
You're like a little porcelain doll. :sobbing:

Dodoboy.
Jun 17th, 2008, 08:13 PM
I have a pic of Lindsay with some fans in Eastbourne but it is too big :(

Lindsayfan32
Jun 17th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Here is another quote from Lindsay I found on the net.

Davenport said she will go to London as soon as possible for a scan on the knee.

"We feel that it's tissue damage rather than anything structural," the American said.

"I felt it getting sore, it was no sudden movement. I just want to find the cause and treat it. Otherwise, I feel great physically.

"I love Wimbledon and have had good results there. Hopefully my body will hold up and I'll have a chance to go back." http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23882692-23216,00.html

hurricanejeanne
Jun 17th, 2008, 08:42 PM
Oh, Lindsay...:sobbing:
After reading she had a strapping on her leg last night, I sort of got the feeling that she'd pull out just in case. Just as a precaution. I'm still hoping that this is all this is.

Her right knee, is her most worrisome region to get injured. I just hope this is just a tweak more than anything.
Fingers crossed.

Lindsayfan32
Jun 17th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Here is a link to another article about Lindsay's injury it seems if you read between the lines of this article that it might be more a precaution so the injury doesn't get any worse.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/25212234/

MH0861
Jun 18th, 2008, 01:11 AM
I mean she looks so happy in that picture, it's like someone told her Venus and Serena and Maria withdrew from Wimbledon :haha: I agree, I think she'll be fine, Lord knows girlfriend would be in tears if it were that bad, she'll be able to play herself into form anyways now that she's a seed.

MH0861
Jun 18th, 2008, 01:16 AM
Oh no Lindsay :sobbing:

*06 flashback*

It's not that bad, unless she collapsed at her house again or whatever happened in 06 :lol:

Justin
Jun 18th, 2008, 03:35 AM
These quotes make me feel better:

"I'm so bummed that I can't play here," said 32-year-old mother of one Davenport, who withdrew after tweaking her knee during training at the weekend.

"I've been working the hardest since I was pregnant (2007). I'm so disappointed, I came here expecting to play and I was really eager to get back onto court."

Davenport said she will go to London as soon as possible for a scan on the knee. "We feel that it's tissue damage rather than anything structural.

"I felt it getting sore, it was no sudden movement. I just want to find the cause and treat it. Otherwise, I feel great physically.

"I had six weeks of good training at home. I love Wimbledon and have had good results there. Hopefully my body will hold up and I'll have a chance to go back."

Rest up, Linds. :kiss:

#1SteffiGraf#1
Jun 18th, 2008, 04:11 AM
Reading what she is saying I think this is just precautionary. She will just practice until Wimby starts.

mike/topgun
Jun 18th, 2008, 01:55 PM
ATM, after I read the articles I'm almost sure it's a precaution, rather than a serious injury. Same time I couldn't imagine Lindsay not having her last appearance in Wimbledon after 6 weeks of preparation and all she's been through with injuries - I think she'd play even if she's limping. I'm more concerned bout the seeding and the actual draw. Would be nice if Maria/Serena/Venus are on the opposite half.;)

LindsayfanTV
Jun 18th, 2008, 09:26 PM
I hope it is precautionary but I suspect Lindsay is cursing her luck ~ especially when the so-called "top seeds" at Eastbourne all looked they had forgotten how to play professional tennis today (apart from Bartoli :rolleyes:)

She would have had a real chance to get to the final if she had stayed healthy and get some much needed match practice on grass. :(

My worry is that some of the younger players are all getting some good experience through quallies and a few competitive rounds. However great our girl is, she needed some tough grass matches to make up for the 2 years absence. I hope the MRI gives her some confidence and a chance to get some serious practice in before Monday

cheo23
Jun 23rd, 2008, 12:37 PM
eaxIL3N8YQ0