PDA

View Full Version : Jelena Dokic news and articles thread.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Just Do It
May 17th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Since I am posting ( translating ) articles from Serbian media pretty often, I've decided to open this thread, so everybody could stay in touch with the latest news. Please, post some interview/news/articles or whatever you find about Jelena here.

Jelena's latest interview :

Zadovoljna sam s razinom igre. Bilo je dosta teško očekivati da ću ponovno osvojiti turnir, ali se ne žalim. Ovaj sam tjedan odradila kalitetnije nego prošli, u svakom susretu igrala sve bolje i bolje. Nakon svega mogu reći da sam dobila mnogo samopouzdanja nakon 12 uzastopnih pobjeda. Umorna jesam, ali još se uvijek osjećam vrlo dobro. Pomogla je i mentalna svježina, tako da su svi segmenti igre u Caserti funkcionirali kako se samo poželjeti može. Dodala bih i veliko zadovoljstvo zbog činjenice što sam dobila pozivnicu za glavni turnir u Strasbourgu. Malo sam iznenađena jer su Francuzi dosta rigorozni, stoga je to veliko priznanje . Dobila sam šansu i pokušat ću odigrati što bolje. Nemam neka velika nadanja da ću napraviti nešto veliko, ali najvažnije jest da sve dogovoreno s trenerom Bornom Bikićem odrađujem vrlo kvalitetno, izjavila je Jelena Dokić

Translation :

I am very happy with the level of my game. It was hard to expect I will win this tournament as well, but I am not complaining. I played better this week, i played better and better from match to match. I am tired, but I still feel good. Everything worked perfect in Caserta, just how I wanted. I would also like to add I am glad with Strasbourg MDWC. I am surprised because French are strict, so this is a big honour. I got a chance and I will try to do my best. I dont have big expetations ( you should have :smash: ), I dont think I willdo something big, but the most important thing is that everything arranged with my coach Borna Bikic is going with good quality, Jelena Dokic said.

Source : http://www.salatara.com/news.asp?id=1961

maya-serbia
May 17th, 2008, 08:21 PM
Borna Bikić...ohh man...damn! :mad:

WhatTheDeuce
May 18th, 2008, 06:45 AM
Any word on Damir? :o LOL.

OZTENNIS
May 20th, 2008, 01:24 AM
FROM TA...
Nothing much we don't already know, but I thought I would post it anyway

Dokic on the comeback trail, again
Jelena Dokic's plan to try and spark another comeback by getting help from management giant IMG has paid limited dividends, with the Australian winning a small event in Florence.
The one-time child prodigy who reached fourth in the world as a teenager in 2002 then faded away due to family problems and confusion about whether to live in her native Serbia or one-time adopted home of Australia, has "improved" her ranking to 421 from 9999.
Dokic received a wildcard into qualifying for a small WTA event in Morocco last month, but was beaten in the first round. But she still had to win three matches to get that far.
IMG is not formally representing Dokic but was able to lend a helping hand. Dokic has recently spent time training in France and may be planning to set up a European base at the Sanchez-Casal academy in Barcelona.
The former Wimbledon semifinalist, won a WTA match last January in Tasmania before losing in Australian Open qualifying.

WhatTheDeuce
May 20th, 2008, 01:35 AM
They sound like they hate her. :shrug:

OZTENNIS
May 20th, 2008, 01:45 AM
I know, that's what I thought when I read it :weirdo:
You'd think they would be as supportive as possible :shrug:

IceHock
May 20th, 2008, 02:20 AM
She should switch to Serbia, I feel like they would really support her.

ninanina19
May 20th, 2008, 02:24 AM
They sound like they hate her. :shrug:

I thought that too. Switch to Serbia Jelena, they will embrace you with open arms.:cool::cool::cool:Australia can keep supporting Stosur and Dellacqua and all of their other players that will never accomplish anything close to what Jelena has.

OZTENNIS
May 20th, 2008, 02:47 AM
That's not very fair, both of you are making gross exaggerations about the support Jelena gets in Australia in comparison to Serbia...
Sure she has her detractors here, but there are also many many fans and she generates far more interest within Australian society than Molik, Stosur, Dellacqua and Pratt ever have. TA doesn't really support any players except for Hewitt and Guccione. The amount of coverage they get is sickening.

IceHock
May 20th, 2008, 02:53 AM
No no, I wasn't talking about the fans because I know she is very well liked there, and has a load of fans, but from a business point of view, I think Serbia would help alot more.

Golovinjured.
May 20th, 2008, 04:59 AM
http://www.sportingo.com/tennis/a873...comeback-trail

After winning two straight ITF titles in Italy, the Australian has shown she is serious about tennis once again. But, starting from a ranking of 431 in the world, the hard work starts now.

Dokic claims she is aiming for a top-50 finish by the end of this year. This will certainly be very difficult, but is a realistic challenge for someone with her capabilities.

Jelena Dokic has proven that she is taking her comeback seriously, with a convincing final victory in the ITF $25,000 tournament in Caserta, Italy. The title is the second straight tournament for Dokic, who also claimed the title in Florence last week.

Dokic defeated her Austrian opponent, Patricia Mayr, in style with a 6-3 6-1 victory. The win gives the Australian her 12th straight victory on Italian clay, meaning she has now won 15 of her last 16 matches.

She finally emerged from the wilderness last week with a ranking of 431, due to her progress in Auckland and the Australian Open qualifying earlier in the year, as well as the points she gained qualifying in Fes two weeks ago.

The sometime Serbian, sometime Australian was hailed as the next big thing when she burst onto the scene in 1999. But, after reaching a career-high ranking of number four in the world, a succession of injuries and family problems have seen her plummet over recent years.

Dokic has made immense progress of late, which begun with Fes, where she managed to win three straight matches to qualify for the main draw, before falling in straight sets to Great Arn. Although this was an early loss, the result was positive since all of her opponents were higher ranked than her.

Willing to show that wasn't a fluke, Dokic entered the tournament in Florence last week, where she had to go through qualifying, before storming through the main draw and capturing her first ITF title - her first title in almost six years. The run through the tournament was impressive, with six of her seven matches won in straight sets, including the final over seventh seed Lucie Hradecka.

With her confidence brimming, Dokic entered the Caserta tournament in Italy. Fortunately, she was given special entry and didn't have to qualify. Her first-round match was against number one seed Jorgelina Cravero, where she struggled but eventually outlasted the Argentinian to win in a tight three-set match 3-6 7-5 6-2.

She then stormed through the tournament, defating Virgili, Palkina, Schaeffer and then Mayr in the final, all in straight sets. The two victories in Florence and Caserta will contribute greatly to Dokic's current ranking of 431. In fact, it should help boost her to around 284.

Things are certainly looking up for the Australian, who is fighting hard to return to the top echelons in the game. She claims she is aiming for a top-50 finish by the end of this year. This will certainly be very difficult, but is a realistic challenge for someone with her capabilities.

With her ranking on the up, she will now gain greater access to higher-level ITF tournaments, giving her the chance to gain more points and make even greater progress up the rankings. Dokic's resurgence is coming at a great time, with the French Open set to begin in less than two weeks.

She has just received a wildcard entry into the main draw of the $175,000 tournament in Strasbourg this week, where she will face the young Swiss rising star, Timea Bacsinszky. Let's hope it's the start of something special.

hdfb
May 20th, 2008, 05:12 AM
She got a small mention in The Age today about Australia's (read Hewitt's) chances at the upcoming two grand slams. They didn't even say she won 2 25k's, they just said she was back in the local top 10!

Philip
May 20th, 2008, 12:43 PM
http://www.sportingo.com/tennis/a873...comeback-trail

After winning two straight ITF titles in Italy, the Australian has shown she is serious about tennis once again. But, starting from a ranking of 431 in the world, the hard work starts now.

Dokic claims she is aiming for a top-50 finish by the end of this year. This will certainly be very difficult, but is a realistic challenge for someone with her capabilities.

Jelena Dokic has proven that she is taking her comeback seriously, with a convincing final victory in the ITF $25,000 tournament in Caserta, Italy. The title is the second straight tournament for Dokic, who also claimed the title in Florence last week.

Dokic defeated her Austrian opponent, Patricia Mayr, in style with a 6-3 6-1 victory. The win gives the Australian her 12th straight victory on Italian clay, meaning she has now won 15 of her last 16 matches.

She finally emerged from the wilderness last week with a ranking of 431, due to her progress in Auckland and the Australian Open qualifying earlier in the year, as well as the points she gained qualifying in Fes two weeks ago.

The sometime Serbian, sometime Australian was hailed as the next big thing when she burst onto the scene in 1999. But, after reaching a career-high ranking of number four in the world, a succession of injuries and family problems have seen her plummet over recent years.

Dokic has made immense progress of late, which begun with Fes, where she managed to win three straight matches to qualify for the main draw, before falling in straight sets to Great Arn. Although this was an early loss, the result was positive since all of her opponents were higher ranked than her.

Willing to show that wasn't a fluke, Dokic entered the tournament in Florence last week, where she had to go through qualifying, before storming through the main draw and capturing her first ITF title - her first title in almost six years. The run through the tournament was impressive, with six of her seven matches won in straight sets, including the final over seventh seed Lucie Hradecka.

With her confidence brimming, Dokic entered the Caserta tournament in Italy. Fortunately, she was given special entry and didn't have to qualify. Her first-round match was against number one seed Jorgelina Cravero, where she struggled but eventually outlasted the Argentinian to win in a tight three-set match 3-6 7-5 6-2.

She then stormed through the tournament, defating Virgili, Palkina, Schaeffer and then Mayr in the final, all in straight sets. The two victories in Florence and Caserta will contribute greatly to Dokic's current ranking of 431. In fact, it should help boost her to around 284.

Things are certainly looking up for the Australian, who is fighting hard to return to the top echelons in the game. She claims she is aiming for a top-50 finish by the end of this year. This will certainly be very difficult, but is a realistic challenge for someone with her capabilities.

With her ranking on the up, she will now gain greater access to higher-level ITF tournaments, giving her the chance to gain more points and make even greater progress up the rankings. Dokic's resurgence is coming at a great time, with the French Open set to begin in less than two weeks.

She has just received a wildcard entry into the main draw of the $175,000 tournament in Strasbourg this week, where she will face the young Swiss rising star, Timea Bacsinszky. Let's hope it's the start of something special.

Looks like this reporter doesn't know she won't be playing RG? lol :shrug:

MilanDokic
Aug 30th, 2008, 03:12 PM
I talked to Jelena's brother (Savo) yesterday (while we followed Live Score of the quarterfinals), who was with Jelena this summer. And he told me next facts:

- Jelena strongly wants to come back, and is having hard fitness preparations since last few weeks!
- Jelena will play whatever is in Europe, although she is in Acceptance lists of some events in Asia!
- Jelena hasn't any sponsor, LaCoste just gives clother to wear!
- Playing events in Europe, Jelena wants to prepare for Australia!

MilanDokic
Aug 30th, 2008, 03:13 PM
I talked to Jelena's brother (Savo) yesterday (while we followed Live Score of the quarterfinals), who was with Jelena this summer. And he told me next facts:

- Jelena strongly wants to come back, and is having hard fitness preparations since last few weeks!
- Jelena will play whatever is in Europe, although she is in Acceptance lists of some events in Asia!

cn ireland
Aug 30th, 2008, 03:15 PM

Thanks for the info:D!

It is very encouraging to hear that she is really motivated:D.

It'd be great if she could get automatic entry into the AO next year!!!!

Ballbasher
Aug 30th, 2008, 03:17 PM
@cn_ireland
FOR MD:Almost unpossible
FOR QD:Should be done already.

Thanks a lot MilanDokic! :D

cn ireland
Aug 30th, 2008, 03:21 PM
@cn_ireland
FOR MD:Almost unpossible
FOR QD:Should be done already.

Thanks a lot MilanDokic! :D

I actually think she could make the MD because there's still 3 months to go and she's only around another 80 places to climb.

Anyway only time will tell;).

Just Do It
Aug 30th, 2008, 04:43 PM
That is great to hear. Well, at least she is getting clothes for free :lol:

Australia :yeah:

auntie janie
Aug 30th, 2008, 06:41 PM

Thanks for the news! We've been waiting to hear from you. :wavey:

matty
Aug 30th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Nice to hear her heart and mind are still in it. Go Jelena!

scottsue
Aug 31st, 2008, 12:28 AM
Nice to see Australia is in her plans and also that she has reconciled with Savo. These can only be postitive steps.

OZTENNIS
Aug 31st, 2008, 12:54 AM
Australia :cool:
YEAH BABY :banana:
Be great if she played the new event in Brisbane, but I think Auckland officials might give her a WC if she requested one. Then maybe Hobart and roll on Australian Open 2009 :yeah:
Funny with the demise of one 'great dame' in Australian Tennis (Molik) we see the resurgence of another of our best players in Dokic :lol:
All the best for the rest of the year Jelena, and thanks for the info MD :)

Golovinjured.
Aug 31st, 2008, 07:44 AM

Aww She's Coming Home!!!! :hearts:

cosmic
Aug 31st, 2008, 02:21 PM
Thanx Milan Dokic! But Jelena is preparing for the Australian hard court tournaments by playing the European clay court tournaments...?

Golovinjured.
Sep 30th, 2008, 09:44 AM
Jelena Dokicin of the former number four of the world list of the tennis (WTA 177) the Australian one had to play in Helsinki in the ammattilaiskisa of the women's 25000 bucks in the one beginning on Tuesday.

However, Dokic withdrew to be the organisers' disappointment from the tournament. The organisers do not have information about the reason for the withdrawal.

- We do not know that he would play even elsewhere anywhere. Annoys that he did not come. Dokic would have been an interesting name, competition director Pekka Mäkelä says.

Dokic is the actual oddity of tennis courts. His more groove than the success has been stamped by undertakings, the unstable father's Damir Dokicin. Damir arranged a lifelong gate prohibition in its daughter's games on its sekoilu. He even threatened to kidnap its daughter when this returned to its old native country to Australia.

Also Jelena Dokic can shrug. A couple of years ago the tennis star was lost months. Eventually Dokic took its older than the connection itself.

In spite of all only 25-year-old Dokic is making the return to the arenas. This year Dokic has taken already three smaller tournament victories.

According to our knowledge Dokic searches for the competition contact. His rahje will be enough even for a longer period of time one only an enthusiasm if one is enough, Mäkelä says.

In the head series of the ITF tournament of Helsinki five Finns are seen. Emma and Essi Laine, Essi Salonen, Veera Nurmi and Johanna Hyöty will begin their singles contract on Tuesday.

A competition there is ykkössijoittaa Mayr (WTA 139), Austria's Patricia Mayr.

------------

It just turned up 3 hours ago, the translation is a bit patchy. Just thought I'd post it, even though it doesn't really give us alot..

Golovinjured.
Oct 9th, 2008, 11:36 AM
No token Australian Open wildcards, warns Craig Tiley
October 09, 2008 12:00am

AUSTRALIA'S proven grand slam performers and its new batch of talent are on course for a Melbourne Park collision before January's Australian Open.

The tournament starts in December for many Aussies before they can jostle for a share of the record prizemoney of more than $21 million on offer at Melbourne Park from January 19.

Lleyton Hewitt, Chris Guccione, Casey Dellacqua and Sam Stosur are the only Australians currently guaranteed main-draw starts.

December's wildcard playoffs loom as a crunch week for Mark Philippoussis, Jelena Dokic, Bernard Tomic, Brydan Klein, Carsten Ball and Sam Groth.

Tomic, the junior Open champion, is likely to be strongly considered for one of four discretionary wildcards.

But it is no secret Tennis Australia would prefer the Queenslander to secure a main-draw berth under his own steam.

"The playoff is an opportunity, so if he wins that he 100 per cent gets a wildcard," tournament director Craig Tiley said.

"He's on the list (of contenders for a discretionary wildcard). There's a pool of them on the list.

"We'll make a decision on performance.

"Tomic's still young. He's 15 and turns 16 in a couple of weeks, but he's a young kid and he hasn't had that type of experience. I think he's going to be a great player.

"Carsten Ball has had a great run. Sam Groth has probably got the biggest serve I've seen in a long, long time.

"And Brydan Klein, an Australian Open junior champion, is doing well."

With three of the eight men's wildcards destined for Asian, French and US players, five wildcards are notionally free for locals.

Former world No. 8 Philippoussis and former world No. 4 Dokic could apply for promotion into the 128-player fields.

Philippoussis has told TA he wants to return to the highest level.

"He wants to come back and play," Tiley said.

"Play is an interesting definition because is it at that level (grand slam) or the level of the senior tour? "I think he would like to do both. But it's a hard road and a long road back.

"He's been injured a lot and it's a tough gig for Mark. He would be welcome to come and compete in the playoff."

The same applies to Dokic.

"She's fifth or sixth right now in the rankings among the Australian players," Tiley said.

"I did tell her in January that I wasn't happy with her response to not being awarded a wildcard.

"She wasn't awarded a wildcard because these things have to be earned. They're privileges not rights.

"She has been in touch and I said to her, like I said last year, 'There are no free handouts'.

"She will have a chance, too, in the wildcard playoff."

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24467402-3162,00.html

Wojtek
Oct 9th, 2008, 11:52 AM
:rolleyes: @ wildcard playoff Jelena won more titles than any Australian in 2008

Give WC to Ferguson :rolleyes:

OZTENNIS
Oct 9th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Thanks for posting.

TA goes on and on about 'earning wildcards' but they never apply it to overseas Grand Slams.
Dokic will play the playoff (methinks) just for match play. She had an AO Wildcard sown up months ago.
Ashame we are still dishing out the Asian WC, we never get anything in return

Just Do It
Oct 9th, 2008, 11:57 AM
I understand them for not giving it to her last yaer, when she was unranked, but now, when she won many titles and is in top200 .... come on, it is obvious they hate her :(

WhatTheDeuce
Oct 9th, 2008, 05:00 PM
I think this year it's completely fair to consider Dokic for a main draw wildcard even if she weren't to win the playoff. I want to see her in the main draw this year, fuck qualifying. TV please. Thanks.

~Eclipsed~
Oct 9th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Granted, she's won more tournaments on the ITF level than most other WC candidates, but her commitment is not there. It'd wouldn't be fair to give her a WC since she hasn't been playing and showing she wants the WC to make yet another comeback bid.

cn ireland
Oct 9th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Its good to see that Jelena has been in touch with TA and wants to play in the WC playoff:)!

IMO she should get a MDWC anyway but then again i'm really biased:lol:!

Golovinjured.
Oct 10th, 2008, 05:16 AM
Tennisturnier in Gröden: Letzte Wild Cards vergeben

Die Internationalen Tennismeisterschaften von Gröden stehen vor der Tür und finden in diesem Jahr vom 11. bis 19. Oktober in St. Ulrich statt. Wenige Tage vor Turnierbeginn stehen jetzt fest, wer die letzten beiden Wild Cards für das Hauptfeld erhält.

A N Z E I G E
Nach der Olangerin Evelyn Mayr (WTA-Nummer 323) und der Slowenin Polona Hercog (WTA 230) kommen auch die beiden Italienerinnen Mara Santangelo und Romina Oprandi in den Genuss einer Wild Card.
Das Antreten von Santangelo freut die Veranstalter in Gröden. „Sie hat hier 2003 gewonnen und ist als Fleimstalerin eine Zugnummer für unser Turnier“, sagt Turnierdirektor Wolfgang Wanker.

Die 27-jährige ist wegen ihrer Fußprobleme in der Weltrangliste auf Rang 181 abgerutscht, aber sie stand im letzten Jahr (9. Juli) noch auf Platz 27 und gehörte 2006 zum erfolgreichen italienischen Team, das im Fed-Cup triumphierte.

Im Doppel stand sie im Vorjahr noch auf Platz 5 der Weltrangliste und hat 2007 in Roland Garros triumphiert. Sie hat in ihrer Karriere schon acht Turniere gewonnen.

Das Rennen um die letzte Wild Card hat Romina Oprandi gemacht. „Wir haben uns für die junge Italienerin entschieden, obwohl auch einige namhafte Spielerinnen wie Karolina Sprem, Jelena Dokic oder Elena Bovina angefragt haben“, sagt Wanker.

Die 22-jährige stand vor zwei Jahren schon auf Rang 46 der Weltrangliste und ist verletzungsbedingt auf Platz 423 zurück gefallen.

http://www.dolomiten.it/nachrichten/artikel.asp?KatID=ag&p=5&ArtID=125773

It was only reported 16 hours ago. Can someone translate it, I don't even know what language it is, or what tournament it's talking about.

I assume that because Bovina and Sprem are mentioned alongside Jelena, she requested a WC but was rejected. That's what I assumed it was about, maybe Zurich?

BTW :spit: at that guys name. '...said Wanker' :lol:

SM
Oct 10th, 2008, 08:09 AM
even with a WC at aus open, she has never performed well at aus open even in the first part of her career when she was top ten...i think she might feel the pressure here, kinda like amelie at the french open

wimbeldon, i think she can make her mark if she can get in the main draw next yr

GeeTee
Oct 10th, 2008, 09:42 AM
[size="4"]It was only reported 16 hours ago. Can someone translate it, I don't even know what language it is, or what tournament it's talking about.
It's in German, about Zurich and yes says that Oprandi gets the final wild card spot above better known players Sprem, Dokic and Bovina.

Jelena should be back playing the Aussie ITFs in any case

frenchie
Oct 10th, 2008, 11:29 AM
This is not about Zurich!

It's another tournament in St Ulrich that Santangelo won in 2003.
It says Hercog, Mayr and Oprandi get the WCs

MilanDokic
Oct 10th, 2008, 04:16 PM
Jelena's family doesn't know what's going on with Jelena. She hasn't called them for 1 month. That's named selfdestruction!

cn ireland
Oct 10th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Jelena's family doesn't know what's going on with Jelena. She hasn't called them for 1 month. That's named selfdestruction!

Oh Jelena why do you keep doing this to your career?:sad:

Just Do It
Oct 10th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Jelena :( Everything was fine :(

Philip
Oct 10th, 2008, 09:44 PM
Blah!

The usual Dokic antics. :(

DokDi
Oct 10th, 2008, 10:13 PM
:confused:That news article was a bit strange....is there really a torunament in Gröden, Germany these days?

Edit: Just checked it, the torunament is 100k Ortisei, Italy....Jelena withdrew already on 30th October.

IMPOSSIBLE
Oct 10th, 2008, 10:35 PM
Translated

The International Tennis Championships in Val Gardena are available at the door and find this year, 11 to 19 October in Ortisei instead. A few days before the start of the tournament will now determine who the last two wildcards for the main field receives.

A C E I N G E
After Olangerin Evelyn Mayr (WTA number 323) and Slovenia Polona Hercog (WTA 230) are also the two Italian women Mara Santangelo and Romina Oprandi to enjoy a wild card.
The muster of Santangelo pleased the organizers in Val Gardena. "She has won here in 2003 and is available as a train number Fleimstalerin for our tournament," said tournament director Wolfgang Wanker.

The 27-year-old is due to their feet in the world ranked 181 abgerutscht, but they stood last year (July 9) is still ranked 27 and belonged 2006 on the successful Italian team in the Fed Cup triumph.

In the double last year, she still ranked 5 of the world rankings and has 2007 in Roland Garros triumphs. She has in her career won eight tournaments.

The race for the final wild card has made Romina Oprandi. "We chose the young Italian decided, although some notable players like Karolina Sprem, Jelena Dokić or Elena bovina have inquired," said Wanker.

The 22-year-old was two years ago already ranked 46 in the world rankings due to injury and is ranked 423 fallen behind.
German

»
English

Translate

IMPOSSIBLE
Oct 10th, 2008, 10:36 PM
so Dokic inquired for a WC

Привет
Oct 11th, 2008, 03:29 AM
Why do TA let their pride get in the way concerning WC's? It's not as if Australia has a wide selection of players outside the MD cut-off to choose from. It would be a no brainer for anyone other than TA. You take the players who have had the best results in the past year, and you give them WC's. :shrug: If there are young promising players or players who have had injuries, then you might consider them if you think they are deserving. You don't fuck around with unimportant WC playoffs, claiming that players like Dokic must beat 15 year olds who are, in international tennis, no names, to deserve a WC.

How many Australian players have won multiple ITF tournaments in their careers? Let alone in the past year.

Gajdosova, Moore, and Dokic should be assured WC's. The other players, who haven't shown the results on the world tour like these 3 are those who should be being told, "Wildcards aren't handouts."

TA, prove everyone wrong. Show you have a functioning brain. Make the right decision (for once).

---

It sounds like I'm trying to bring down the Australian players, but I'm not. They are, for the most part, trying their hardest out there too. But it is just simply not fair that TA looks at our players on an even field when it comes to WCs. Some players deserve them way more than others, and that is just fact.

Harvs
Oct 11th, 2008, 06:04 AM
tennis aus HAS to say dokic has to play the playoffs to get a WC... they say this so that players will actually participate..

she will get one whether she wins it, loses it, or cant play it...

Привет
Oct 11th, 2008, 06:59 AM
You say that she will get one if she wins, loses or can't play, Harvs, but TA make it sound as though she'll only be considered if she performs well in the playoff. A players commitment to tennis throughout the previous year should be more important than their commitment to one playoff event in the off season.

OZTENNIS
Oct 11th, 2008, 09:23 AM
^^^^
And it is.
Look who got wildcards into the Open this year.
Gajdosova (highest ranked non direct entrant, withdrew from Playoff)
Ferguson (peaked at No.157 with two ITF singles titles, fell in the semi finals of the Playoff)
Adamczak (cracked the top 150, fell in the quarter finals of the Playoff)
Moore (won her first two ITF singles titles, fell in the semi finals of the Playoff)
Wheeler (won the Playoff)

Dokic will only need to play the wildcard playoff for match practice. Quit worrying

Привет
Oct 11th, 2008, 10:17 AM
Hmm, we'll see.

Just Do It
Oct 11th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Yeah, I guess they would give it to her, but I am still not sure she will go to Australia this year at all :shrug:

OZTENNIS
Oct 11th, 2008, 11:27 AM
^^^^
True.

That's what I am more worried about

Golovinjured.
Oct 11th, 2008, 11:35 AM
She can't worry about motels...she van stay with me if she neds ma place :droooooolz: Lena dumped Tin for Sambo durr.

DokDi
Oct 11th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Do you think she'll request a WC for Tier III in Luxembourg maybe? Don't know if she's still in alt. list.

cn ireland
Oct 11th, 2008, 02:04 PM
I actually do think Jelena will be awarded a MDWC fo AO 09 if she requests one but now i'm beginning to wonder if she'll even do that.

Harvs
Oct 12th, 2008, 07:42 AM
You say that she will get one if she wins, loses or can't play, Harvs, but TA make it sound as though she'll only be considered if she performs well in the playoff. A players commitment to tennis throughout the previous year should be more important than their commitment to one playoff event in the off season.

thats wat im saying... they have to say that but it means shit all...

if she requests one, she will get one for sure.

cosmic
Oct 12th, 2008, 09:18 AM
We all thought she would get one last year, but she didn't. I don't think Jelena should play this stupid WC play off. I mean, she would play some 15-year-old girls or some other older playes with such poor results in their careers, it's just not her level. She should play regural qualies, to get some practice, confidence and some matches under her belt. If she fails, she will get MDWC. I'd like to see that scenario. :)

Mr.Kardashian
Oct 12th, 2008, 10:45 AM
she better get a WC... im going to melbourne to see her so she better not stand me up ;)

xcrtbckhnd
Oct 12th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Jelena is still in the commitments lists for 100K Bratislava. And it looks like with all the MDO entries in qualis and other players who didn't make this their first choice, right now, she should just get into qualies there. Hopefully she'll play!

OZTENNIS
Oct 12th, 2008, 01:32 PM
We all thought she would get one last year, but she didn't. I don't think Jelena should play this stupid WC play off. I mean, she would play some 15-year-old girls or some other older playes with such poor results in their careers, it's just not her level. She should play regural qualies, to get some practice, confidence and some matches under her belt. If she fails, she will get MDWC. I'd like to see that scenario. :)
You're ignorance is startling.

Seeing as you are a relatively new poster, perhaps that is excusable.
The Australian Open Wildcard Playoff has been increasing in depth and talent year after year. This year the likes of Jarmila Gajdosova, Jessica Moore, Monique Adamczak (who are all ranked higher than Jelena, won 25k titles as well as matches on the main tour) are expected to compete, alongside others like Christina Wheeler (who pushed Jelena at the same event last year and made the final round of quallies at Roland Garros this year), Sophie Ferguson (who's wildcards have run their course), Nicole Kriz (who won a 25k this year and also beat Marina Erakovic).

Then there are some of our nation's top juniors such as Isabella Holland, who many have tipped to be *at least* top 50, Olivia Rogowska, Sally Peers, Brittany Sheed, Alison Bai, Marija Mirkovic, Alenka Hubacek and a couple of older teenagers such as Emelyn Starr and Anna Wishink.

To label the wildcard playoff as 'stupid' and saying she would only play 15 year olds and older players with poor results is a pretty bad way of describing the playoff.

Sure the players aren't all at Dokic's level, but Jelena will get some matches under her belt in Australian conditions at Melbourne Park, what better preparation could you have for the Aussie?

cosmic
Oct 13th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Are you kidding me or something? :) I might be "a relatively new poster", but I've been watching and following this sport for ages! I do have respect for all the players you've mentioned, but they're miles away from Jelena's talent. Gajdosova... I'm sorry, but the girl is nothing but a hard hitter, and she's making way too much UE. Power with no control means nothing. She's never even been inside top 50. All the other players don't even have the experience of the "big stage". I mean, come on, it would be better for Jelena to play qualies, the field is simply stronger, and she would get tougher and stronger matches there, that's why she should enter qualies. If she fails, then she should be awarded a MDWC.
And btw, is it "You're ignorance" or "Your ignorance"? :)

OZTENNIS
Oct 13th, 2008, 11:00 AM
^^^
LOL
It may well be 'your ignorance' (dammit I always do that) but clearly your ignorance is telling.
You may have been watching tennis for a long time but you clearly lack insight. A player cannot compete in the qualifying draw of any event, lose, and then be awarded a main draw wildcard. That is why it is so important that Jelena play the Playoff, move on and play some lead in events (ie Auckland, Hobart) and then play (courtesy of a wildcard) in the main draw of the Open. The Playoff offers her the choice of either the easy way (TA handouts) or the hard way (AO Quallies). Now surely if Jelena wants to play in the main draw of a Grand Slam - any Grand Slam - she will play the Playoff. Simple. There is no shame in playing in the Playoff, others such as Alicia Molik, Samantha Stosur, Casey Dellacqua and Evie Dominikovic have, and they have all been top 100 players.
In relation to Gajdosova, she has top 50 potential. After struggling with injuries over the past 12 months, she just made the semi finals of the Japan Open, beating Shahar Peer, and has won just as many 25ks this year as Dokic. Sure, she mightn't have the same amount of talent as Dokic 'did' but it's a safe bet that she (as well as Moore and Holland) will achieve more than what Dokic will in years to come. Unfortunately, Jelena's best is clearly behind her. If she ever returned to the top 50, it would be amazing

cosmic
Oct 13th, 2008, 02:44 PM
It's obviously time for Jelena to step it up a little. She's beaten some solid players this year and we all know that is something most of the other Australian players can only dream of. OK, if she doesnt receive a MDWC and if the playoff is the only way for her to get into the MD of the Aussie Open, then she should play it. But the playoff is not the best way for her to prepare for the tournament, as most of those girls coudn't even qualified into the 2nd round of the qualifying draw at this year's AO. Let me remind you that Jelena Dokic is the only Australian players that has qualified into the 2nd round (your ignorance now, huh?) and she's lost to a solid player (Tanasugarn). The benefit from playing the playoff is to get a WC, but it won't level up her game and it won't be a good preparation for the AO. Plus, the playoff will be held a month before the tournament! So the better preparation for the Aussie Open she may get playing the tournaments before the AO.

OZTENNIS
Oct 14th, 2008, 12:30 AM
^^^^
So you try and justify that Jelena is a better player than the rest of the Aussie girls that played qualifying last year because she made the second round :tape:

Big deal! We all know that Jelena is the best non-top 100 Aussie player. But to try and justify that she is better because 'she's beaten some solid players this year and we all know that is something most of the other Australian players can only dream of' and 'Dokic is the only Australian playerS that has qualified into the 2nd round and she's lost to a solid player' :tape:

The rest of the Aussie girls lost to solid players as well, you know. Morita beat Holland, Lisicki beat Peers, Czink beat Musgrave, Zec-Peskiric beat Rogowska, Manasiva beat Sheed, Schruff beat Wlodarczak etc etc. They are all solid players too.

Since then, all of our juniors that competed in AO Quallies have soared up the rankings. All of them are much better players now then they were 12 months ago. It's humourous though, that you feel the need to say Jelena is better, of course she bloody is! :haha: The point I am simply trying to make is that she should play the AO Playoff for match practice. I can guarantee you now that she will not coast through the tournament, players like Gajdosova, Moore and maybe even Adamczak pose a threat to Dokic, especially considering she will not have played for months prior to the event. She is guaranteed match play, something she needs. And what is the point in saying that she is better off playing warmup tournaments before the AO? As if she wouldn't you don't just come here to play the AO. The Playoff is good because it is played at Melbourne Park in the same conditions as the Open, then she will go off and play Brisbane/Auckland and/or Hobart and raise her level of tennis and competition in prep for the Open. Obviously you are even more ignorant than I suspected coming up with rubbish like that

Vicky88
Oct 14th, 2008, 01:23 AM
Regardless of whether she will romp all over the other players she needs to enter the playoff for the simple reason that she needs to show her desire to be part of the Australian tennis scene. Instead of stomping off earlier this year after losing in the qualifying of the AO, she should have hung around and cleaned up lots of easy points with the Challengers. Even if she loses in the first round, I would be surprised if she missed out on a AO WC. However, if she choses to pass up this opportunity she may well find the door will be closed for her in Australia. She can't expect to continually take without giving anything in return.

As for rubbishing every player that she may have to play against in the playoff, well I think the rankings tell the story. Anyone who is ranked above Dokic should be considered as being better than she is. However, if you want to talk about talent there is no doubt that Dokic is at the top. It's just a pity that there is something lacking on her behalf to do what she needs to do to get what she wants. The truth is Tennis Australia owes her nothing. I know that the Dokic fanatics on this board think she is the only Australian player that anyone wants to see, but the truth is Australians get behind anyone playing with the Aus besides their name.

cosmic
Oct 14th, 2008, 01:24 PM
I don't think you read my posts carefully. Don't read it the way you wanna read it, read it the way it is written. But whatever...
I've already explained my opinion about the playoff, its advantages and disadvantages.
And I don't really follow other Australian players, 'cause I don't really care about them and what they do. And YES, I do think Jelena is better player than those girls, not only 'cause of the things I've already said, but as well 'cause of some other facts. Ranking speaks for itself, but we all know Jelena has played only 12 tournaments (and btw, Adamczak has played "only" 27, and Moore has played 18). If she had had better coaches, smarter schedule, her ranking would have been so much better. I just hope it'll happen, 'cause she's capable of much more than this! So she desperately needs to level it all up.

Just Do It
Oct 14th, 2008, 03:33 PM
What is this all about I really cant be bothered reading it. Any useful news in those posts or you guys just argue about something ?

Golovinjured.
Oct 14th, 2008, 11:05 PM
^^ No, none. Just whinging and bitching :shout:

Golovinjured.
Oct 16th, 2008, 03:34 AM
Wildcard for Dokic in Linz
15.10.2008 16:19

The former number 4 of the world rank list works on a comeback. Dokic impacts in Linz in the Quali. The Generali Ladies in Linz awarded a Wildcard for the qualification of the nächstwöchigen 600.000-Dollar-Turniers to the Australian Jelena Dokic. The 25-year old is to get the chance in the intersport arena to collect on the WTA route play practice. The former WTA number four completed 2007 only one match, in the meantime however place 181 of the rank list forged ahead. On Tuesday the Vorarlbergerin Tamira Paszek had received a Wildcard for the Hauptbewerb. In the year 2001 Dokic had to only give itself in the Linz final of the US American Lindsay Dave haven struck. " The play way of Jelena Dokic always impressed me. I find it remarkable, how she back-fights herself step by step. I hope, we can with the assignment of the Wildcard a contribution to a successful comeback of Dokic leisten" , tournament directress explains Sandra Reichel.

http://www.kurier.at/sportundmotor/236824.php

Translation is crap, but you get the idea.

Golovinjured.
Oct 16th, 2008, 03:39 AM
Wildcard for ex child prodigy Dokic
15.10.2008 15:10

Jelena Dokic, former tennis child prodigy, gives itself Stelldichein with the Generali Ladies in Linz. The Australian, before six years number four of the world rank list, receives a Wildcard for the qualification of the WTA tournament in the upper-Austrian state capital. It was one of the Hauptdarstellerinnen on the international tennis stage, as 16-Jährige in the quarter final of Wimbledon, reached one year later even the Semifinale in the Rasentennis Mekka. In August 2002 it had climbed upward up to position four in the world rank list, and for experts it was only a question of the time, when it would finally erklimmen the tennis throne. But it should come completely differently. Family problems with its father, nation change from Australia to Serbia and again back as well as a failed relationship with the earlier Formel-1-Piloten Enrique Bernoldi threw them completely from the course.

On the way back The speech is of Jelena Dokic, which bit 181 for their comeback on the WTA route fight and lately by successes with smaller tournaments up to position in the world rank list fought themselves, after the native Serbin was fallen in the previous year from the ranking. Now Dokic will try to play itself over the qualification in the main field of the 600.000-Dollar-Turniers von Linz. The 25-year old with a Wildcard considered tournament boards of directors Sandra Reichel. The winner of five WTA tournaments has very good memories of the Generali Ladies Linz. In the year 2001 Dokic had to only give itself in the final of the US American Lindsay Dave haven struck. 2002 (defeat against Chanda ruby) and 2003 (defeat against the later winner Ai Sugiyama) stood it in each case in the quarter final.

http://www.nachrichten.at/sport/tennis/744358?PHPSESSID=6434c1a1bfe6a60ada71dd89f64db741

Harvs
Oct 16th, 2008, 04:18 AM
omg is this for real?

WOOOOOOOOOOO!:)

cosmic
Oct 16th, 2008, 11:35 AM
OMG! Finally! She's stepping it up! Good luck, Jelena! Ajde!

cn ireland
Oct 16th, 2008, 07:23 PM
This is so unexpected but its absolutely brilliant news:banana::bounce::woohoo:!

Hope she manages to win a few matches here:hearts:!

Just Do It
Oct 22nd, 2008, 02:48 PM
http://www.mtsmondo.com/sport/vesti/text.php?vest=113457

Serbian. Nothing new. She said next year is deciding for her. She is happy with 35-10 winning score this year, she is hoping to enter top20 next year, also she added she practiced with top10 and top20 players, she has to work on some shots, but all in all it is doable.

She did not mention anything about her next tournament though :unsure:

Golovinjured.
Oct 22nd, 2008, 07:37 PM
Why doesn't anybody ever ask her that? :fiery:

Golovinjured.
Oct 22nd, 2008, 07:52 PM
Dokic quietly begins career climb-back
LINZ, Austria, Oct 22 (Reuters)
By Barry Wood

Jelena Dokic was once the wondergirl of tennis, making headlines in 1999 when as a qualifier she humbled number one seed Martina Hingis in the first round at Wimbledon.

A Wimbledon quarter-final that year was followed by a semi-final the next, and in 2002 she was ranked number four in the world.

But she had baggage, a father whose erratic and threatening behaviour led to him being banned from the tour.

It was no secret to tennis insiders that his overbearing personality was directed as much against his daughter as it was against tour officials and others.

The WTA tour did what it could to protect her but eventually Dokic felt she had no choice but to flee from her family, a traumatic experience that led to a career collapse.

"I was on my own, and I was learning for two or three years what to do, where to go and who I could rely on," she told Reuters in Austria, where she lost in the qualifying rounds for the Linz Open.

"Once you feel that you've lost your family you've pretty much lost everything. You can lose a match, you can lose a friend, but your family always stays with you. It took a long time to deal with and to realise exactly what I have, which was just myself."

Years later, she still cannot speak about her father, referring to him as 'somebody else'. But after floundering in the tennis wilderness, there are signs that the 25-year-old can finally regain her place in the sport.

This year she has won an impressive 35 of 45 matches. Most of those victories have come at low-level events but as a result her ranking has risen from zero to 187.

"Yes, it's been good," said Dokic, who was born in Serbia but now represents Australia.

"I've won a couple of tournaments. I've won a lot of matches this year and gone a couple of steps forward, which is the main thing.

"I just need to continue working hard and playing as many matches as I can get and continue to be there when things don't go well."

She has been inspired by what Andre Agassi and Jennifer Capriati achieved, doing the hard yards to come back from obscurity.

It has not been easy but she has stuck to the task, banishing her memories of competing on a packed Centre Court at Wimbledon as she plays in empty arenas in no-name tournaments.

"I feel like I am starting from zero," she said. "You lose everything that you had before. The only thing you have to go on is experience. You lose the confidence and the match play and everything, so you really are starting from zero.

"It's something that will take time but I think I'm getting there slowly. It's been a lot better this year and I think next year will hopefully be even better. I'm slowly getting into that rhythm again and I think next year should be big for me."

The tour has moved on, the standards are higher than when she rose to the top but Dokic feels she can still make an impact.

"I've practised with a couple of girls from the top 10, top 20. There's work to do but it's encouraging, and I feel I have the type of game that's very aggressive and that can be in the top 20 again. I think that's a realistic goal," she said.

"It will not be easy for sure, but I don't think it's something I cannot achieve."

http://uk.reuters.com/article/tennisNews/idUKLM50461320081022?pageNumber=1&virtualBrandChannel=0

Dokic Pierce
Oct 22nd, 2008, 09:36 PM
What a great article - thanks for posting :kiss:

~Eclipsed~
Oct 22nd, 2008, 11:09 PM
Dokic being in the top 20 again :hearts:

I think that's very realistic for her.

Mr.Kardashian
Oct 23rd, 2008, 01:39 AM
thanks for that article. :)

Привет
Oct 23rd, 2008, 08:42 AM
So good to hear from Jelena herself. :D

DokDi
Oct 23rd, 2008, 05:11 PM
Jelena was on Eurosport today, she was watching the match between Zvonareva and Llagostera Vives. So she's still in Linz at the moment:)

DokDi
Oct 23rd, 2008, 06:45 PM
Highlights from the Zvonareva match: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHQKfdB_zYk

You can see Jelena at 1.30. :hearts:

JellyDelight
Oct 23rd, 2008, 06:45 PM
Jelena was on Eurosport today, she was watching the match between Zvonareva and Llagostera Vives. So she's still in Linz at the moment:)

Good spot!

Did you manage to record it?

WhatTheDeuce
Oct 23rd, 2008, 06:52 PM
Highlights from the Zvonareva match: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHQKfdB_zYk

You can see Jelena at 1.30. :hearts:
Kinda gave me chills seeing her on TV like that and hearing the announcer say her name. Even just as a spectator.

Golovinjured.
Oct 23rd, 2008, 11:34 PM
I think it's good she skipped Bratislava to stay in Linz, it will be good for her to soak up as much of that atmosphere as possible, being with the elite players again. It's where she's supposed to be, hopefully she feels like she belongs.

Jelena and Vera = BFF's?

Привет
Oct 24th, 2008, 04:16 AM
Practicing with Vera can only be good for Jelena. It'll show her exactly what she needs to improve on in her game to get to where Vera is at the moment. :hearts:

cn ireland
Oct 24th, 2008, 05:09 PM
She doesn't look very happy!!

I also think it will benefit her staying in Linz, I would like her to play Isaming though:)!

Golovinjured.
Oct 25th, 2008, 01:44 AM
Dokic gives itself with Büschl open the honour

Ismaning - for the first time for years with Yvonne Meusburger (world rank list place 90) from Austria with a tournament will break a Spielerin open from the Top 100 of the world in Bavaria.

German hopes: Julia Görges (l.) and Kristina Barrois, in passed the year doublewinner inside, are again at the start. Photo: Förtsch/archives Ismaning - radiating faces with the TC Ismaning: For the first time for years with Yvonne Meusburger (world rank list place 90) from Austria with a tournament will break open a Spielerin from the Top 100 of the world in Bavaria. It was successful with all four Grand Slam tournaments of the yearly at the start and becomes the setting list with the ITF Büschl open endowed with 50,000 US Dollar would start, which resounded from 2 to 9 November in to green mark route is delivered. Thus the TCI aligns the third biggest German woman tournament to Berlin and Stuttgart. After place 2 Kirsten Flipkens a double junior Grand Slam winner follows the setting list with the Belgian. Both in Wimbledon and with US open achieved it the titles. On place 3 of the setting list Kristina Barrois already stands first of altogether six Germans in the main field with the German Meisterin. Since its profit of the double title at the Büschl open 2007 it climbed nearly 100 places in the world rank list up. Its partner at that time, Julia Görges, one of largest German new generation hopes, will be exactly the same at the start (setting list place 5) like Julia Schruff (setting list place 8), which stood last year still on place 50 of the world rank list. Two further Germans player inside are expected with tension. Both were braked upward by heavy injury and illness on their steep way, which had already led them at the beginning of the yearly under the Top 100 of the world. Andrea Petkovic (cross torn-tape condition) and Tatjana Malek (pulmonary embolism) are out-cured now again complete and begin owing to a Wildcard of Fedcup boss Barbara Rittner directly in the main field.

The probably most prominent Spielerin follows however only completely at the end of the main field with world rank list place 181: the Australian Jelena Dokic. A few years ago still number 4 of the world and Halbfinalistin in Wimbledon improved and wants the 25-year old after numerous private and health setbacks in this year over over 1000 places on the world rank list their steep comeback in Ismaning to continue.

Most prominent name in the Qualigikation is the Dutchwoman Michaella Krajicek. The sister of the Wimbledonsiegers Richard Krajicek won and stood already a youth Grandslam tournament for at the beginning of the yearly before an injury already on place 30 of the world. Also some Germans player inside will have to be seen in the Quali, among them also the Bavarian elite with Carmen Klaschka, Angelika Rösch and Lena Hofmann.

Information under www.weltranglistenturnier.de.

http://www.merkur-online.de/lokales/sport/dokic-gibt-sich-bueschlopen-ehre-17317.html

Golovinjured.
Oct 26th, 2008, 07:28 AM
Dokic is clawing her way back onto the big time
26-10-08

Jelena Dokic was ranked as high as four in the world, but a split from her family - specifically her over-bearing father Damir - led to her career slipping into free fall. She has since made half-hearted attempts and short-lived attempts to come back, but they’ve always come to nothing. Until now.

Very quietly, with minimum fuss or publicity, the 25-year old has been going about her business this year. It’s meant starting again right at the bottom, with no ranking and playing $25,000 events instead of the Centre Court at Wimbledon, but her effort and perseverance have paid off.

She has won 35 matches and three small tournaments, and now that she has a ranking of 187 that is enough to get her into the qualifying rounds of the Australian Open. She’s also eyeing Auckland or Brisbane, and Hobart.

"It’s been good," she said of her 2008 season. "I’ve won a lot of matches this year and gone a couple of steps forward, which is the main thing. I just need to continue working hard and playing as many matches as I can get and just continue to be there when things don’t go well.

"Agassi had to do it, and I think Jennifer (Capriati) also had to do it. I feel like I am starting from zero. You lose everything that you had before. The only thing you have to go on is experience. You lose the confidence and the match play and everything, so you really are starting from zero. It’s not easy but I think I’m getting there slowly. It’s been a lot better this year, and I think next year will hopefully be even better. I’m slowly getting into that rhythm again and I think next year should be big for me."

How far can she progress? The tour is tough and she still has a lot of catching up to do. But she is optimistic. After failing to qualify at the Generali Linz Ladies she has lapped up every bit of tennis she can, sitting courtside for hours watching the opposition.
"I’ve practiced with a couple of girls from the top 10, top 20. There’s work to do but it’s encouraging, and I feel I have the type of game that’s very aggressive and that can be in the top 20 again. I think that’s a realistic goal. It will not be easy for sure, but I don’t think it’s something I cannot achieve."

http://www.tennisnews.com/exclusive.php?pID=26442

cn ireland
Oct 26th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Good to hear she's planning on playing Auckland/Brisbane and Hobart:)

Looking forward to 2009 already:D!

Golovinjured.
Oct 26th, 2008, 10:24 PM
I hope she goes to Brisbane, she must be tired of Auckland by now.

I could see her in person :speakles:

Ben.
Oct 26th, 2008, 10:58 PM
Brisbane would be a good tournament for her, she'll settle in nicely with the warm Aussie climate. Plus it would be good to see her game live when I go up there.

But I have a feeling she'll play Auckland, competition might be less challenging over there but I could be wrong.

matty
Oct 27th, 2008, 02:28 AM
What a great article - thanks for posting :kiss:

Like your Avatar :drool:

matty
Oct 27th, 2008, 02:43 AM
Those articles/interviews are really encouraging--it's nice to see she still has the will to get to the top! go Dokic!!!

N.M.
Nov 15th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Hey there, it's an interview I made with Jelena during Katowice 25K I think in August, but I couldn't post it online until now. More or less it's what you could read in the newest stuff, but maybe not only ;)

http://www.tennisalternative.com/news.php?readmore=319

rada
Nov 15th, 2008, 09:45 PM
Found this today.
One-time Australian citizen Jelena Dokic, whose tennis achievements were often overshadowed by her father’s antics, believes she is emerging from the dark.

SOME days, Jelena Dokic could not get out of bed, paralysed by the feeling that “life was falling down on top of me”, a crippled tennis career the least of her concerns. For two years, Dokic suffered from what she calls severe depression. When she emerged, the former world No. 4 was in no condition to compete, physically, but sufficiently healed emotionally that she was ready to try.

Dokic has spoken candidly about her three lost tennis years, the devastating estrangement from her family when still just a teenager, the tentative rebuilding of the relationship with her mother, the little brother who was caught in the middle and forced to choose sides, and the abusive father who is back in Serbia living off the small fortune she left behind.

While admitting she finds herself wondering more as she gets older how different it all might have been had she been born into a less troubled home, Dokic at 25 sounds happier than she has been for some time, more reasonable and mature. If not back to where she was - indeed, about 174 places from it, at No. 178 - there are signs that, on the court, the worst may be behind the former Wimbledon semi-finalist, who has just closed her best season since 2004.

Just over a year ago, Dokic arrived in Australia unranked but carrying at least 20 kilograms of excess weight and even heavier emotional baggage; when she returns in a few weeks to contest the Open's wildcard play-off, she will be ranked No. 4 nationally behind Sam Stosur, Casey Dellacqua and teenager Jessica Moore. She has won 35 of her 45 matches, mostly in Challenger events and WTA qualifying rounds, including three $US25,000 events in Europe.

Dokic now speaks regularly to her mother, Liliana - who has quietly returned to live in Sydney, where the family first emigrated in 1994 - but has only a distant relationship with her younger brother Savo, and no contact at all with Damir, perhaps the most infamous of all the ugly parents the sport has seen.

"It's really difficult to explain to people that I didn't stop playing, I didn't go down because I didn't want to train any more or I didn't want to work hard and I just wanted to go and have fun and I'd had enough of tennis," Dokic told The Sunday Age from her training base in France.

"It's hard to explain to people that my situation was a lot deeper than that and I had a lot more problems off the court that I had to deal with as an 18-year-old who left home and started living alone. When you have a private problem — and I don't think mine was so private — it really takes a lot out of you.
"I battled severe depression for about two years, so it was not easy to play tennis, and there was a stage where I didn't play for six months and I definitely did consider not playing again — not because I didn't love tennis, just because it was too difficult to even try and come back. And you could never know if you're going to be well again. But I was lucky in the sense that I did so well when I was so young, so I kind-of had time to see if I wanted to play again."

She did. She does. The girl who so famously upset Martina Hingis in the opening round at Wimbledon in 1999 has become the woman who says she considered getting professional help with her problems, but eventually opted to work through them alone, helped by her Croatian boyfriend of five years, Tin Bikic. Indeed, for a time, she felt that by losing her family, she had lost everything.

"But I also thought, 'I've got to get on with life, and try and find friends on the way. Later in life maybe a boyfriend or husband, these are people that you have to rely on'," she said.

"I still have contact with my mum, which is good for me because I think she was in a very difficult position as well, but I felt like I had to go off alone, and had to leave that whole situation, that was the only way I could get out of it. I still have contact with her and we are building up our relationship again and I think that could still be something in a couple of years. Even now, it's a lot better than it was."

Dokic is not poor, but has nothing like the $5.6 million she earned in prizemoney alone, with endorsements on top. Rather indelicately, we ask, did Damir leave her with much? "This is something very private that I never wanted to talk about, but obviously what I was earning was not exactly going to me," she admits.

"No, I wasn't left with much, but what I was left with I try to be careful with, and I was never a big spender anyway. Just for the hard work that I did and what I did in tennis I would have liked to have more, but money's not the most important thing in the world and I still have enough for me and I'm happy for that, and I can live well. I left most of it with my dad, but I kind-of felt like it was something that I wanted to do and had to do in order to move on."

Dokic's ranking will be sufficient for entry into the Australian Open qualifying draw, as well as those in either Auckland or Brisbane in the first week of the year. She also hopes to contest Tennis Australia's wildcard play-off in mid-December, having twice emailed apologies to tennis director Craig Tiley for the ungracious outburst that followed her failure to secure a main draw wildcard in January.
Accusing TA of a lack of support, despite having used its facilities to train and been given access to its coaches for several months, Dokic argued that she had accomplished more in the previous week by qualifying and winning a round in Hobart than some other wildcard recipients had ever achieved. She now regrets having spoken so impulsively, and has been in email contact with Tiley several times this year.

So, fences mended, then?

"First of all, Jelena did apologise, so that was good, and I passed her apology on to the other coaches, who were a little disappointed at the time," Tiley says. "At the end of the day, an apology is an apology, and how sincere someone is with their apology is determined by what their follow-up actions are, so the jury's out on that.

"I've made it pretty clear - Jelena did have an opportunity last year, she's been supported well by Australian tennis, and she's a great player. You have to create your opportunities, you have to create your luck. We're in the results business. So I said this year what I said last year — that we have equal opportunity for everyone, but you've got to earn it."

These days, if there is any backscratching to be done, it will be mutual. Tiley has put Dokic in contact with Australian Institute of Sport head coach Brent Larkham, and any training assistance will be contingent on her willingness to practice with local juniors who can benefit from her experience and exceptional ballstriking ability. Rightly, TA's priority now is the next generation.

Indeed, Dokic acknowledges that the level and depth of women's tennis has risen since her peak more than six years ago, but argues she is much stronger physically now than she was then, and has only the mental side of her game to bolster. Others note, however, that she is still carrying some excess weight, and argue that she was always a limited player who was simply more driven - by fear, sometimes - than most of her rivals.

Still, she perseveres. After failing to qualify for the WTA event in Linz, Austria, a fortnight ago, Dokic abandoned plans to contest some lower-level tournaments and stayed around to watch and work, practising with the likes of Vera Zvonareva, Agnieszka Radwanska and Nadia Petrova and leaving encouraged enough to believe she is not too far away from the top-20 return that - realistically or not - she craves.

Others are less convinced. "I think if she got in phenomenal shape, she'd have a chance to get back in the top 100," says her former Fed Cup teammate Rennae Stubbs. "But she needs to get in phenomenal shape, because there's 2000 Jelenas out there who would kill to have the opportunity that she had, and it's very hard to get back once you've lost it, once you've lost the motivation."

Dokic, though, is optimistic, now that the fog has lifted and she can see a way forward after what she calls a "horrible" few years. "I think I've matured," she says. "Things happened, I've accepted things, I've accepted my life. I could be in a lot worse position. I'm healthy, I'm happy how things are at the moment, I love to compete and I love tennis so I will still try to make the most of it and see how far I can go.

"I just had to get through stuff, try to see if it would really work, playing again, if I would be able to train hard enough to be able to play again, or whether I wanted something else in life. At one stage I was doing so bad mentally that I wasn't getting out of bed, so it didn't matter what I was going to do with my life, whether I was going to play tennis or not. I had to sort out myself first, and that's what I've done."

Philip
Nov 15th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Hey there, it's an interview I made with Jelena during Katowice 25K I think in August, but I couldn't post it online until now. More or less it's what you could read in the newest stuff, but maybe not only ;)

Awww! A nice interview :)

Cant wait for Jan!

Philip
Nov 15th, 2008, 09:56 PM
Found this today.
One-time Australian citizen Jelena Dokic, whose tennis achievements were often overshadowed by her father’s antics, believes she is emerging from the dark.

SOME days, Jelena Dokic could not get out of bed, paralysed by the feeling that “life was falling down on top of me”, a crippled tennis career the least of her concerns. For two years, Dokic suffered from what she calls severe depression. When she emerged, the former world No. 4 was in no condition to compete, physically, but sufficiently healed emotionally that she was ready to try.

Dokic has spoken candidly about her three lost tennis years, the devastating estrangement from her family when still just a teenager, the tentative rebuilding of the relationship with her mother, the little brother who was caught in the middle and forced to choose sides, and the abusive father who is back in Serbia living off the small fortune she left behind.

While admitting she finds herself wondering more as she gets older how different it all might have been had she been born into a less troubled home, Dokic at 25 sounds happier than she has been for some time, more reasonable and mature. If not back to where she was - indeed, about 174 places from it, at No. 178 - there are signs that, on the court, the worst may be behind the former Wimbledon semi-finalist, who has just closed her best season since 2004.

Just over a year ago, Dokic arrived in Australia unranked but carrying at least 20 kilograms of excess weight and even heavier emotional baggage; when she returns in a few weeks to contest the Open's wildcard play-off, she will be ranked No. 4 nationally behind Sam Stosur, Casey Dellacqua and teenager Jessica Moore. She has won 35 of her 45 matches, mostly in Challenger events and WTA qualifying rounds, including three $US25,000 events in Europe.

Dokic now speaks regularly to her mother, Liliana - who has quietly returned to live in Sydney, where the family first emigrated in 1994 - but has only a distant relationship with her younger brother Savo, and no contact at all with Damir, perhaps the most infamous of all the ugly parents the sport has seen.

"It's really difficult to explain to people that I didn't stop playing, I didn't go down because I didn't want to train any more or I didn't want to work hard and I just wanted to go and have fun and I'd had enough of tennis," Dokic told The Sunday Age from her training base in France.

"It's hard to explain to people that my situation was a lot deeper than that and I had a lot more problems off the court that I had to deal with as an 18-year-old who left home and started living alone. When you have a private problem — and I don't think mine was so private — it really takes a lot out of you.
"I battled severe depression for about two years, so it was not easy to play tennis, and there was a stage where I didn't play for six months and I definitely did consider not playing again — not because I didn't love tennis, just because it was too difficult to even try and come back. And you could never know if you're going to be well again. But I was lucky in the sense that I did so well when I was so young, so I kind-of had time to see if I wanted to play again."

She did. She does. The girl who so famously upset Martina Hingis in the opening round at Wimbledon in 1999 has become the woman who says she considered getting professional help with her problems, but eventually opted to work through them alone, helped by her Croatian boyfriend of five years, Tin Bikic. Indeed, for a time, she felt that by losing her family, she had lost everything.

"But I also thought, 'I've got to get on with life, and try and find friends on the way. Later in life maybe a boyfriend or husband, these are people that you have to rely on'," she said.

"I still have contact with my mum, which is good for me because I think she was in a very difficult position as well, but I felt like I had to go off alone, and had to leave that whole situation, that was the only way I could get out of it. I still have contact with her and we are building up our relationship again and I think that could still be something in a couple of years. Even now, it's a lot better than it was."

Dokic is not poor, but has nothing like the $5.6 million she earned in prizemoney alone, with endorsements on top. Rather indelicately, we ask, did Damir leave her with much? "This is something very private that I never wanted to talk about, but obviously what I was earning was not exactly going to me," she admits.

"No, I wasn't left with much, but what I was left with I try to be careful with, and I was never a big spender anyway. Just for the hard work that I did and what I did in tennis I would have liked to have more, but money's not the most important thing in the world and I still have enough for me and I'm happy for that, and I can live well. I left most of it with my dad, but I kind-of felt like it was something that I wanted to do and had to do in order to move on."

Dokic's ranking will be sufficient for entry into the Australian Open qualifying draw, as well as those in either Auckland or Brisbane in the first week of the year. She also hopes to contest Tennis Australia's wildcard play-off in mid-December, having twice emailed apologies to tennis director Craig Tiley for the ungracious outburst that followed her failure to secure a main draw wildcard in January.
Accusing TA of a lack of support, despite having used its facilities to train and been given access to its coaches for several months, Dokic argued that she had accomplished more in the previous week by qualifying and winning a round in Hobart than some other wildcard recipients had ever achieved. She now regrets having spoken so impulsively, and has been in email contact with Tiley several times this year.

So, fences mended, then?

"First of all, Jelena did apologise, so that was good, and I passed her apology on to the other coaches, who were a little disappointed at the time," Tiley says. "At the end of the day, an apology is an apology, and how sincere someone is with their apology is determined by what their follow-up actions are, so the jury's out on that.

"I've made it pretty clear - Jelena did have an opportunity last year, she's been supported well by Australian tennis, and she's a great player. You have to create your opportunities, you have to create your luck. We're in the results business. So I said this year what I said last year — that we have equal opportunity for everyone, but you've got to earn it."

These days, if there is any backscratching to be done, it will be mutual. Tiley has put Dokic in contact with Australian Institute of Sport head coach Brent Larkham, and any training assistance will be contingent on her willingness to practice with local juniors who can benefit from her experience and exceptional ballstriking ability. Rightly, TA's priority now is the next generation.

Indeed, Dokic acknowledges that the level and depth of women's tennis has risen since her peak more than six years ago, but argues she is much stronger physically now than she was then, and has only the mental side of her game to bolster. Others note, however, that she is still carrying some excess weight, and argue that she was always a limited player who was simply more driven - by fear, sometimes - than most of her rivals.

Still, she perseveres. After failing to qualify for the WTA event in Linz, Austria, a fortnight ago, Dokic abandoned plans to contest some lower-level tournaments and stayed around to watch and work, practising with the likes of Vera Zvonareva, Agnieszka Radwanska and Nadia Petrova and leaving encouraged enough to believe she is not too far away from the top-20 return that - realistically or not - she craves.

Others are less convinced. "I think if she got in phenomenal shape, she'd have a chance to get back in the top 100," says her former Fed Cup teammate Rennae Stubbs. "But she needs to get in phenomenal shape, because there's 2000 Jelenas out there who would kill to have the opportunity that she had, and it's very hard to get back once you've lost it, once you've lost the motivation."

Dokic, though, is optimistic, now that the fog has lifted and she can see a way forward after what she calls a "horrible" few years. "I think I've matured," she says. "Things happened, I've accepted things, I've accepted my life. I could be in a lot worse position. I'm healthy, I'm happy how things are at the moment, I love to compete and I love tennis so I will still try to make the most of it and see how far I can go.

"I just had to get through stuff, try to see if it would really work, playing again, if I would be able to train hard enough to be able to play again, or whether I wanted something else in life. At one stage I was doing so bad mentally that I wasn't getting out of bed, so it didn't matter what I was going to do with my life, whether I was going to play tennis or not. I had to sort out myself first, and that's what I've done."

Привет
Nov 15th, 2008, 10:01 PM
It's nice to hear that she was training with Radwanska and Petrova also, and not just Zvonareva. :) Wasn't she friends with Nadia years ago? That would've been nice for her.

:lol: @ Rennae. I'm not sure she needs to be in 'phenomenal' shape, because she's never had the build of Stosur or someone like that. Fitness is important for Jelena though.

Ben.
Nov 15th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Well I'm glad that Jelena has found some kind of balance in her life (and I'm glad she apologised to TA & that they're on speaking terms now). She definitely needed to take some time off to ask herself whether she really wanted to play tennis again, or simply focus on another venture besides tennis. I think the most important aspect of her is that she is happy in life.

IceHock
Nov 15th, 2008, 10:55 PM
Here's to a phenomonal 2009 Jelena and it all starts in Australia winning the WC playoff and being the main draw of the AO. Good luck!

OZTENNIS
Nov 16th, 2008, 02:54 AM
Nice article :)

Just Do It
Nov 16th, 2008, 03:18 AM
Yes, Jelena was a good friend with Nadia, they used to play doubles togehter :inlove:

Well, this article is positive, but still nothing official about her coming to AUS.

Golovinjured.
Nov 16th, 2008, 03:46 AM
Hopefully since she's apologized to TA, they'll take a keen interest in getting Jelena here for the playoff. They'll have questions to answer if she's not here.

Great article, good to hear she had some contact with Nadia. The dream team :hearts:

Rennae Stubbs still hates her. :rolls:

DokDi
Nov 16th, 2008, 08:01 AM
Great article! Jelena, leave the training base in France, Australia is waiting for you;)

King Aaron
Nov 16th, 2008, 04:29 PM

Thanks. :)

And the other interview was great too. At least we know she's still in France and training and still aims for a Top 20 position. I'm glad she trained with Nadia too, hopefully Nadia gave her some words of encouragement. It's always nice to have a friend give you some moral support. :)

cn ireland
Nov 16th, 2008, 06:20 PM
These articles are very encouraging:)!

Let's hope they become a reality in 2009;)!

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 16th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Very encouraging article. I can't wait to see her SHOO those delicious thumping groundstrokes on TV again. She's definitely gonna be in Australia.

C'MON Jelena! :shout: :hearts:

cosmic
Nov 16th, 2008, 06:29 PM
This sounds soooo great! So positive! :woohoo: I'm glad to see Jelena has apologized to TA and that she is cooperative. :hug: She's matured, that's for sure. And it's good to know that Serbia will always be a part of her. :) Now I'm so sure Jelena's gonna have a good 2009 season and I just can't wait for the Australian summer! :bounce: Good luck, Jelena! Girl, you can make it! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

OZTENNIS
Nov 17th, 2008, 06:36 AM
Renae Stubbs :haha:

I think everyone knows Jelena is capable of returning not just to the top 100 but also the top 50. You don't beat the likes of Muller, Meusberger and Shvedova as well as Erakovic and Larcher de Brito (amongst others) in one season without potentially being top 50/100, AND, according to Stubbs out of shape

Just Do It
Nov 19th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Damir gave a :eek: interview to Serbian magazine. It is all in Serbian but Ill try to translate it ASAP :eek:

http://www.kurir-info.rs/clanak/sport/kurir-18-11-2008/pare-nisu-kod-mene

DokDi
Nov 19th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Could somebody please translate this:
http://www.kurir-info.rs/clanak/sport/kurir-18-11-2008/pare-nisu-kod-mene

It's something about Damir who claims Jelena lied in her interview saying most of the money is with him.

Edit: Thanks JustDoIt!:D

Just Do It
Nov 19th, 2008, 01:52 PM
I wont translate it all because they are repeating some things we already know.

---

I dont have Jelena's money.

Damir says that he did not take most of the money Jelena earned.

Shortly : Jelena earned 5.6 million $ in her career, but Octagon company was some kind of her manager, and they were taking a serious % of it. Damir did not like it, and sued them, and then Octagon froze 80% of Jelena's bank account. In the middle of that Jelena and Damir broke up, and then Octagon managed to get a deal with Jelena's lawyer, gave her a part of the money and tookthe rest. From France Jelena confirmed that to one Australian journalist by saying : It is true, I did not get the whole amount.

Jelena continued : I dont have a lot now, but I have enough for myself,and I am spending it wisely now. She is happy with what she has.

Then in t he 2nd part Damir again accused Bikic brothers, who spent her money, and that he is really nervous about it that he has a serious problem with his heart now.

Next part is more interesting : Jelena and Damir were supposed to meet during clay season in Europe, Jelena also said she wants to come back to Serbia to train in Damir's house in Vrdnik ( clsoe to my town Novi Sad ). Damir even found her good courts and a sponsor. Her brother Savo was travelling with her, but then suddenly she went to France, where she is training now. Also it is mentioned how Jelena is in contact with her mother Ljiljana, Jelena added she is building a relationship with her mother from the start.

Oh, nothing special, but at least we know she is alive, training in frane and NOT broke :yeah: But no contact with Damir at all.

MilanDokic
Nov 19th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Damir is right, Fila and Head can approve it!

Oh, my Jelena, you became a bad person who lie and lie and lie and destroy yourself and your family! But, you are lucky because have great fans who support you always!

Just Do It
Nov 19th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Milane, do you have ANY news is Jelena going to Australia ?

King Aaron
Nov 19th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Damir is right, Fila and Head can approve it!

Oh, my Jelena, you became a bad person who lie and lie and lie and destroy yourself and your family! But, you are lucky because have great fans who support you always!
Well, if it's true, why wouldn't Jelena want to have a contract with Fila and Head? I'm sure she knows with their help she can at least not worry about her equipment and apparel.

cas-per
Nov 19th, 2008, 04:30 PM
http://www.ilustrovana.com/2004/2373/2b.jpg
http://www.ilustrovana.com/2004/2373/2c.jpg
http://www.ilustrovana.com/2004/2373/2d.jpg

Damir's house in Vrdnik, nice place, looking expensive.

Slutati
Nov 19th, 2008, 05:03 PM
I'm getting so annoyed with these stories :rolleyes::tape:
Jelena needs to shut the fuck up and play and Damir just needs to shut the fuck up.

DokDi
Nov 19th, 2008, 05:26 PM
I agree with Slutali, why did Jelena even talk about a thing like that in first place...so stupit!:rolleyes:

cn ireland
Nov 19th, 2008, 06:24 PM
I just want Jelena to play, I don't really care about how much money she has;)!

Just Do It
Nov 19th, 2008, 07:07 PM
But if you want her to play and travel from continent to continent you have to care about her money :shrug:

cn ireland
Nov 19th, 2008, 08:06 PM
But if you want her to play and travel from continent to continent you have to care about her money :shrug:

Good point. But I doubt Jelena is in severe financial difficulty or she'd have probably quit by now. I think its her motivation which will decide how frequently she plays next year rather than her financial situation:shrug:!

DokDi
Nov 25th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Finally she's coming to Australia!!!:bounce:

http://news.theage.com.au/sport/dokic-aiming-for-australian-open-berth-20081125-6hce.html

Dokic aiming for Australian Open berth
AdvertisementEmail Print Normal font Large font November 25, 2008 - 5:34PM

AdvertisementControversial tennis player Jelena Dokic will arrive in Melbourne early next month determined to earn a place in January's Australian Open.

With some solid results mainly on the Challenger Tour and in WTA qualifying rounds this year, the 25-year-old has got her world ranking back to No.177.

It is still a far cry from her career-high of world No.4 back in 2002, but it does make her the fourth-ranked Australian woman.

As such, Dokic is eligible to contest the Australian Open wildcard playoff from December 15-21 - where the winner gets direct entry into the first grand slam tournament of 2009.

Dokic has had to patch up her relationship with Open tournament director Craig Tiley and other senior Tennis Australia officials after slamming their decision early this year not to award her a wildcard to the 2008 Open.

"She will have an opportunity but she will have to earn it," Tiley said on Tuesday.

"If she chooses to be in (the wildcard playoff), she will be eligible based on the rankings.

"So it's going to be up to her."

Dokic, 25, plans to spend two weeks practising in Melbourne before competing in the wildcard playoff.

"She's Australian, she's been competing as an Australian, she hasn't given us any indication that she's not going to do that," Tiley added.

"We gave her a training opportunity at the end of last year and she took advantage of that.

"I've told her and was very clear that there would be no cash handouts.

"Since I've been here we have never done that with her.

"But she's welcome to come here and utilise our coaches and our hitting partners.

"I love it when she hits with the younger kids because she's a good player and she's got something to teach the kids about how to play."

The only Australian women ranked high enough to gain direct entry to the 2009 Open main draw are Samantha Stosur and Casey Dellacqua.

Dokic is attempting to rebuild her career without any input from her father Damir, who now lives in Serbia.

She has not won a grand slam match since the 2003 US Open and has not played in a major since bowing out in the first round at Melbourne Park in 2006.

Tiley has had no direct recent contact with Mark Philippoussis, whose only commitment this summer is to the inaugural team's exhibition event in Adelaide.

In other Open news, Tiley said he expected all the top men and women players to again contest the tournament, which starts on January 19.

There were some concerns when rising superstar Juan Martin Del Potro injured his groin in Argentina's 3-1 loss to Spain in last weekend's Davis Cup final.

But all the indications were the injury was not serious enough to prevent Del Potro from playing in Australia in January.

Just Do It
Nov 25th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Oh that is good, But Tiley is such a bitch. If she does not win play offs I woulndt be surprised if he does not give her a Wild Card ... again :rolleyes:

Reading his statements it is clear he/they dont like her.

DokDi
Nov 25th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Oh that is good, But Tiley is such a bitch. If she does not win play offs I woulndt be surprised if he does not give her a Wild Card ... again :rolleyes:

Reading his statements it is clear he/they dont like her.

True...whatever he/they say it is so obvious they hate her.

Graf~Dokic
Nov 25th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Tiley is such a terrible person. :mad: :devil: How can someone not like Jelena?! :)

cn ireland
Nov 25th, 2008, 08:09 PM
I don't mean to be sceptical Tiley doesn't actually say she's going to play the playoff:confused:. Great news if she is though:bounce:!

Just Do It
Nov 25th, 2008, 08:21 PM
^ Ya he like said she is welcome to play if she wants since with her ranking she is directly IN. That sounds soooo lame.

OZTENNIS
Nov 25th, 2008, 08:24 PM
You guys read into things too much.
He says the same thing every year which relates to every player. Just because there are articles which let us know what Jelena is doing, he puts his two cents worth in and tries to sound 'fair'

There is no way Dokic will NOT get a wildcard into the MD of the Open. So stop raising that. It won't happen. She will get one, no doubt.

GeeTee
Nov 25th, 2008, 08:35 PM
From this morning's Melbourne "Age"".

Jelena Dokic has been made no promises, but has indicated she intends to return to Melbourne next week to prepare for the pre-Christmas wildcard play-off she can enter by virtue of her national No. 4 ranking — behind only main-draw pair Sam Stosur and Casey Dellacqua and teen Jess Moore.

Dokic emailed Tiley on Monday to advise him of her impending return, having stormed out of Melbourne Park after losing her second-round qualifying match in January.

Her world ranking, 177th, is sufficient for entry into the qualifying rounds at Melbourne Park and, before that, the Brisbane International but wildcards would clearly be preferable.

"Her approach to everything needs to be as we expect, and we've had that discussion and moved on from that," said Tiley, who reiterated there would be no cash handouts but that Dokic was "welcome to come and utilise our coaches, our hitting partners".

Just Do It
Nov 25th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Brisbane :banana:

Slutati
Nov 25th, 2008, 08:38 PM
SHOOOOOO :rocker2:

Uranium
Nov 25th, 2008, 08:41 PM
They better give her MD WCs whenever she says she wants one:p

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 25th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Ajde Dokic :armed: Aussie season is always the best part of the year cause Jelena pops up from the dead :hearts:

Ben.
Nov 25th, 2008, 11:34 PM
You guys read into things too much.
He says the same thing every year which relates to every player. Just because there are articles which let us know what Jelena is doing, he puts his two cents worth in and tries to sound 'fair'

There is no way Dokic will NOT get a wildcard into the MD of the Open. So stop raising that. It won't happen. She will get one, no doubt.

I agree. So could some of the Dokic fans stop stressing out so much about the fact that she wasn't given a MD WC at the last AO & might not get one this upcoming AO. Don't worry, she'll most likely get one.

And I would love to see her get a MD WC for Brisbane. But if she doesn't, then she'll just have to play qualies to earn her way through (either way I get to see her play anyway if she decides to play Brisbane :)). I know it suxs to some people, but it's that or nothing. Simple as that.

Golovinjured.
Nov 26th, 2008, 01:26 AM
I agree. So could some of the Dokic fans stop stressing out so much about the fact that she wasn't given a MD WC at the last AO & might not get one this upcoming AO. Don't worry, she'll most likely get one.

And I would love to see her get a MD WC for Brisbane. But if she doesn't, then she'll just have to play qualies to earn her way through (either way I get to see her play anyway if she decides to play Brisbane :)). I know it suxs to some people, but it's that or nothing. Simple as that.

Are you sleeping with OZTENNIS or something? You follow him around the Tennis Aus forum agreeing with him all the time :o

Dokic coming home next week :hug:
If she goes to Brisbane, I'm flying down there. No questions.

Ben.
Nov 26th, 2008, 04:30 AM
Are you sleeping with OZTENNIS or something? You follow him around the Tennis Aus forum agreeing with him all the time :o

You really make me laugh s'times :lol: :o

Well if you had to that get that off your chest...well good for you :p

Golovinjured.
Nov 26th, 2008, 06:27 AM
You really make me laugh s'times :lol:

:D:D

I'm only kidding. I actually like you and OZTENNIS more than most Tennis Aus/NZ posters. The rest all hate me and don't think I'm funny at all. :awww:

Ben.
Nov 26th, 2008, 07:07 AM

I'm only kidding. I actually like you and OZTENNIS more than most Tennis Aus/NZ posters. The rest all hate me and don't think I'm funny at all. :awww:

don't worry...I forgive you. glad it's all sorted :)

Привет
Nov 26th, 2008, 09:19 AM
I don't hate you, Golovinjured. :) But then again I don't think my 2 posts per month in the AUS/NZ forum classify me as a AUS/NZ poster. :lol:

slavicpower
Nov 26th, 2008, 09:31 AM

I don't hate you!! I wuv u :kiss:

Just Do It
Nov 26th, 2008, 10:44 AM

Nothing would surprise me, seriously. Last year she won 4 matches in Hobart, and they still gave MDWC to Gajdosova who did nothing in pre AO tournaments :lol:

Slutati
Nov 26th, 2008, 03:41 PM

:lol::haha:
Very true.

Farina Elia Fan
Nov 26th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Nothing would surprise me, seriously. Last year she won 4 matches in Hobart, and they still gave MDWC to Gajdosova who did nothing in pre AO tournaments :lol:

yet its Jarmila who is now top 100 :p

King Aaron
Nov 26th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Hope she turns up in Australia fit and ready to go.

January is just about 1 month away! :hearts:

Just Do It
Nov 26th, 2008, 05:14 PM
yet its Jarmila who is now top 100 :p

She was top200 last year this time, Jelena was unranked :p

Now : 99 - 177 :p

matty
Nov 26th, 2008, 05:44 PM
this tiley person seems to hold grudges...

cn ireland
Nov 26th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Positive news:)!!

Its just a pity i'm not going to Brisbane this year. Last I was in Brisbane for the start of the tennis but there wasn't a tournament, it would've been great to see JD play!!!!!

GeeTee
Nov 26th, 2008, 06:54 PM
From this morning's Melbourne Age:

JELENA Dokic will renew her training relationship with the Richmond Football Club's elite performance manager, Matt Hornsby, when she returns to Melbourne next week to prepare for the Australian circuit.

Dokic shed more than 10 kilograms in a strict pre-Christmas diet and fitness regimen while utilising the facilities at Punt Road last year. Hornsby expects her to arrive in far better shape than was the case 11 months ago, when she was unranked and had played just one satellite-level match during a troubled and injury-restricted season.

In 2008, she has returned to the world's top 180 — and Australia's best four — and will not have to rely on a discretionary invitation into the Australian Open wildcard play-off at Melbourne Park from December 15-21.

Dokic, 25, has recently been in email contact with Hornsby, who said he was again happy to provide whatever guidance his heavy football commitments allowed, with Dokic again permitted to use the gymnasium and cross-training equipment at Richmond in off-peak times.

"It's more just consulting and helping her with her overall program in the lead-in to the summer, and then doing maybe two or three individual sessions a week, as well," Hornsby said. "Jelena wasn't someone that I had to push to train, it was always easy to train her, and so I'm happy to help her out — she was very professional the way she went about it."

Hornsby said there would be a different focus this year than during his previous two-month stretch with the former world No. 4. "Probably my first impression was, 'Geez, there's a lot of volume of work here'," Hornsby said. "She knew she was out-of-shape and that she had to do a lot of extra work to get back into shape.

"Back then, it was really just trying to manage her program in a way that would maximise her weight loss and physical gains and still allow her to have the energy to play, whereas this time around, from the contact I've had, she's had a pretty good season in terms of being physically in reasonable shape and continuity of training and playing.

"So it's more just the specifics of training leading into the summer. There will be some specific strength-based work, but most of physical work is done on court, so it's just managing the overall program, that she's not doing too much, which can tend to be an issue with her, just too much volume of training."

Golovinjured.
Nov 26th, 2008, 07:03 PM
Great news! She's really coming home :tears:
He did a great job with her last year, hopefully he can get her primed for the summer and 2009.

I don't hate you, Golovinjured. :) But then again I don't think my 2 posts per month in the AUS/NZ forum classify me as a AUS/NZ poster. :lol:

I don't hate you!! I wuv u :kiss:

:hug:

Uranium
Nov 26th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Hope she turns up in Australia fit and ready to go.

January is just about 1 month away! :hearts:
Me 2, I hope she lost a few more pounds, gained a bit more muscle and is fit and ready to kick some bitches ass:hearts:
this tiley person seems to hold grudges...

Indeed.

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 26th, 2008, 08:35 PM
I'm so excited :drool:

OZTENNIS
Nov 26th, 2008, 09:13 PM
FYI, Gajdosova got a wildcard into the Gold Coast Main Draw (after winning a playoff, beating Adamczak and Ferguson) and pushed Dinara Safina to 3 sets. Then she played in Sydney qualifying and beat the top 40 ranked Ai Sugiyama. It's not like she just rocked up at Melbourne Park and got a wildcard.

And as you highlighted in a later post, Dokic was UNRANKED at the beginning of the year. Now she is No.4 in Australia and No.177 in the world. She has played herself into form and shape, won 3 x 25k's and all those matches in Hobart. There is no way she is missing out on an Australian Open wildcard?

Let's look at who is in the running for AO MDWCs;
Jessica Moore (will get one)
Jelena Dokic (will get one)
Monique Adamczak (injured, will probably miss AO Playoff and be snubbed)
Sophie Ferguson (going for sixth consecutive AO WC)
Isabella Holland (16 y.o, will get one)
Sally Peers (17 y.o, in the running, outside chance)
Olivia Rogowska (17 y.o, in the running, outside chance)
Emelyn Starr (19 y.o, very outside chance)

Try justifying TA's non-selection of Dokic

Just Do It
Nov 27th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Serbian and Croatian media writing about Jelena a lot lately :banana:

Serbian : http://www.vesti.rs/Sport/Jelena-Dokic-u-pripremama-za-Australian-Open.html ( 6 more or less the same articles about Jelena :lol: )
Serbian : http://www.blic.rs/sport.php?id=67466
Croatian : http://www.index.hr/sport/clanak/hrvatski-preporod-jelene-dokic-deset-kila-laksa-i-spremna-za-eksploziju/411374.aspx

Both articles are the same. they said Jelena's coach is still Borna Bikic, they are training hard, they were training in Croatia but mostly in France. She lost 10kg and is ready to explode in Australia. They also added she has a manager now who said she always wanted to train hard, but in the past she couldnt because of the family problems she had. He also added he is sure she will rock Australian summer and that they are expecting MDWC for AO.

Ajde :banana:

Uranium
Nov 27th, 2008, 05:03 PM
:yippee:

Mickey019
Nov 27th, 2008, 05:31 PM
I'm so happy!!! Come on, Jelena!!! When will the Brisbane entry list be out??

Just Do It
Nov 27th, 2008, 05:34 PM
I'm so happy!!! Come on, Jelena!!! When will the Brisbane entry list be out??

I am not sure. It should have been out 3 days ago. But since Jelena will definitely need MDWC I think she shouldnt be on the entry list at all, am I right ? :scratch:

Mickey019
Nov 27th, 2008, 05:44 PM
I am not sure. It should have been out 3 days ago. But since Jelena will definitely need MDWC I think she shouldnt be on the entry list at all, am I right ? :scratch:

Is she going to play that event at all?? I've read Serbian newspapers,but they only write about her playing at the AO,which is,no doubts, the most important tournament for her. She hasn't played a MD match at a Grand Slam level since 2006, and before that, in 2004.

Uranium
Nov 27th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Is she going to play that event at all?? I've read Serbian newspapers,but they only write about her playing at the AO,which is,no doubts, the most important tournament for her. She hasn't played a MD match at a Grand Slam level since 2006, and before that, in 2004.

There was an article saying she would play Brisbane, and even she doesn't get a MD WC, she has a great shot for a QWC.

Mickey019
Nov 27th, 2008, 05:57 PM
There was an article saying she would play Brisbane, and even she doesn't get a MD WC, she has a great shot for a QWC.

Thanks for the information. So,is the entry list out?? If the list is out,and Jelena is not in it, we'll have to wait to see if she's playing in Brisbane? Right??

Slutati
Nov 27th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Come on, Jeca. Beat all the bitches down. :rocker2:

cn ireland
Nov 27th, 2008, 08:10 PM
Great news that Jelena's going to Oz next week:banana:!

Jelena should be the 2nd seed for the playoff so she should have a good chance of winning it:)!

Roll on December 16th:bounce::bounce:!

rada
Nov 28th, 2008, 04:48 AM
Tigerland beckons for Dokic
Email Printer friendly version Normal font Large font Linda Pearce
November 27, 2008

Advertisement
JELENA Dokic will renew her training relationship with the Richmond Football Club's elite performance manager, Matt Hornsby, when she returns to Melbourne next week to prepare for the Australian circuit.

Dokic shed more than 10 kilograms in a strict pre-Christmas diet and fitness regimen while utilising the facilities at Punt Road last year. Hornsby expects her to arrive in far better shape than was the case 11 months ago, when she was unranked and had played just one satellite-level match during a troubled and injury-restricted season.

In 2008, she has returned to the world's top 180 — and Australia's best four — and will not have to rely on a discretionary invitation into the Australian Open wildcard play-off at Melbourne Park from December 15-21.

Dokic, 25, has recently been in email contact with Hornsby, who said he was again happy to provide whatever guidance his heavy football commitments allowed, with Dokic again permitted to use the gymnasium and cross-training equipment at Richmond in off-peak times.

"It's more just consulting and helping her with her overall program in the lead-in to the summer, and then doing maybe two or three individual sessions a week, as well," Hornsby said. "Jelena wasn't someone that I had to push to train, it was always easy to train her, and so I'm happy to help her out — she was very professional the way she went about it."

Hornsby said there would be a different focus this year than during his previous two-month stretch with the former world No. 4. "Probably my first impression was, 'Geez, there's a lot of volume of work here'," Hornsby said. "She knew she was out-of-shape and that she had to do a lot of extra work to get back into shape.

"Back then, it was really just trying to manage her program in a way that would maximise her weight loss and physical gains and still allow her to have the energy to play, whereas this time around, from the contact I've had, she's had a pretty good season in terms of being physically in reasonable shape and continuity of training and playing.

"So it's more just the specifics of training leading into the summer. There will be some specific strength-based work, but most of physical work is done on court, so it's just managing the overall program, that she's not doing too much, which can tend to be an issue with her, just too much volume of training."

Slutati
Nov 28th, 2008, 12:13 PM
I can't wait to see new pics. :drool:

SM
Nov 28th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Rada saw her training , said she was smashing the ball with hectic pace against some male

azza
Nov 28th, 2008, 03:14 PM
she always runs her mouth this time of year and never delivers. deju vu much?

King Aaron
Nov 28th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Rada saw her training , said she was smashing the ball with hectic pace against some male
She's already in Australia?

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 28th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Rada saw her training , said she was smashing the ball with hectic pace
That's my girl. :hearts:

Graf~Dokic
Nov 28th, 2008, 06:00 PM
she always runs her mouth this time of year and never delivers. deju vu much?

:lol: OK, so you already forgot her 3 top 100 victories or her 3 titles at 25ks? ;) And of course her highest ranking since the beginning of the 2005 season...

Just Do It
Nov 28th, 2008, 06:03 PM
She is already in Australia ? :eek:

MilanDokic
Nov 28th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Ekskluzivno: Damir Dokić prodaje imanje u Vrdniku i vraća se tenisu!

http://marijanacdusan.on.neobee.net/damir_kuca.jpg

Otac nekada četvrte, a trenutno 177. teniserke sveta, Jelene Dokić - Damir Dokić čvrsto je rešio da proda imanje u Vrdniku na Fruškoj Gori i u Novom Sadu otvori teniski klub u sklopu velikog povratka na tenisku scenu.

“Odlučio sam da prodam imanje u Vrdniku, jer je zaista teško nastaviti sa poslom kakav je proizvodnja rakije u uslovima u kakvim živimo. Jednostavno, kada osetite da stvari više ne idu onako kako želite, najbolje je da se povučete. Od Orlove rakije, Šljivovice i Viljamovke stvorio sam brend, međutim nema svrhe da nastavim sa tim poslom, jer živim sam. Moj sin Savo je u Beogradu, Jelena trenira u inostranstvu, tako da smatram da treba da se vratim u tenis, gde sam imao dosta uspeha dok sam radio sa Jelenom.“

Imanje u Vrdniku, sagrađeno 2003. godine, i koje je na samo 18 kilometara od autoputa jedno je od najvećih u Srbiji, a struktura istog je impozantna. Veličine od 5 hektara i 20 ari obuhvata podrum dugačak 34 metra sa 15.000 litara rakije (u kojima je smešteno 100 buradi – 50 drvenih i 50 polihromskih od po 500 litara), teniski teren, štalu od četiri boksa, sušaru za voće, destileriju sa četiri kazana od po 300 litara, dva skladišta, dve kancelarije, cisterne za kominu sa 130 hiljada litara, oko 30.000 haktara voća (šljiva, kruška, dunja i kajsija) i kuću opremljenu sa teretanom, modernom saunom, tri garaže, sedam soba...).

Damir već ima ideju i o lokaciji teniskog kluba, koji planira da otvori nakon prodaje imanja, koje zasigurno ima ogroman potencijal i čija je prodajna cena 2,85 miliona evra.

“Beograd sam odmah na startu izbacio iz spiska mogućih lokacija. Mislim da će to biti Novi Sad, kome zaista treba jedan jak teniski klub, jer je broj nove talentovane dece u Srbiji sve veći otkad je počela ekspanzija tenisa izazvana uspesima Novaka, Jelene, Anom i drugih igrača. U Beogradu već ima dosta ovakvih klubova, a i mnogi se grade, dok će Novom Sadu ovako nešto biti jako potrebno.“

Source: www.dokic-live.co.nr

ce
Nov 28th, 2008, 08:54 PM
well :shrug:

Uranium
Nov 29th, 2008, 12:32 AM
I am guessing that is in Serbian and I can't read that:p

Just Do It
Nov 29th, 2008, 02:51 AM
Nothing special. Damir is selling his house because he live there alone. he will build tennix complex in Novi Sad ( my town ) where he will train young prospects :angel:

Golovinjured.
Nov 29th, 2008, 02:52 AM
Those young prospects are so lucky!

Just Do It
Nov 29th, 2008, 02:54 AM
^ Are you ironic ? :scared:

Well, Jelena will be able to come there and train whenever she wants, I guess :shrug: :lol:

Golovinjured.
Nov 29th, 2008, 02:57 AM
I know I'm sarcastic, but I don't know about ironic.

Do you think it would be a good move for Jelena to go and train there?

:cuckoo:

Just Do It
Nov 29th, 2008, 03:05 AM
I dont know, but having free courts and coaches cant harm her.

DokDi
Nov 29th, 2008, 08:39 AM
SM: Where was Jelena training?

Привет
Nov 29th, 2008, 10:54 AM
:rolls: Anything Damir related WILL hurt Jelena.

Can I make this any clearer? :lol: I mean, c'mon.

Slutati
Nov 29th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Damir :crying2::haha:

Consigliere
Nov 29th, 2008, 09:45 PM
Jelena is Damir, Damir is Jelena, both arrogant personalities.

Привет
Nov 30th, 2008, 01:37 AM
Jelena's haters are even making the extra effort to come into her forum to hate on her now. :lol:

Oh dear.

SM
Nov 30th, 2008, 06:06 AM
SM: Where was Jelena training?
St.Kilda in Melbourne. She's training hard every day.:) go jelena

Golovinjured.
Nov 30th, 2008, 06:33 AM
So she's in Australia? :hearts:
SM, you should go scout and get some pics for us.

DokDi
Nov 30th, 2008, 10:49 AM

Ok....thanks for the info!:hearts:

Graf~Dokic
Nov 30th, 2008, 10:59 AM
So she's in Australia? :hearts:
SM, you should go scout and get some pics for us.

Yeah, but some videos would be even better. :drool:

Uranium
Nov 30th, 2008, 04:32 PM

:yawn:

Graf~Dokic
Nov 30th, 2008, 05:14 PM

So you obviously haven't ever seen, met or heard her speak... :lol:

BTW: Jelena haters have nothing to do here, this is a forum for Jelena supporters. ;)

Golovinjured.
Nov 30th, 2008, 10:11 PM
Did everyone else badrep Consiglifucker like I did?
You better have, or you are all the worst fans ever. :o

Uranium
Nov 30th, 2008, 10:31 PM
I did hours ago Golovinjured, get it ToGeTheR!!1:o

Golovinjured.
Nov 30th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Well I don't know who you bad rep, do I?
You get it together. :ras:

Dokic '09 :hearts:

Slutati
Nov 30th, 2008, 10:49 PM
I badrepped. :yeah:

Привет
Dec 1st, 2008, 01:56 AM
Did everyone else badrep Consiglifucker like I did?
You better have, or you are all the worst fans ever. :o

I didn't bother to badrep. Привет is Jelena, Jelena is Привет, both lazy personalities. :shrug:

OZTENNIS
Dec 1st, 2008, 05:13 AM
From the Brisbane International entries thread from a poster called Lord Byron;

''All I will divulge is that Dokic is 66th alternate''

:)

Golovinjured.
Dec 1st, 2008, 05:46 AM
:inlove:

SM
Dec 1st, 2008, 06:11 AM
i didnt see her, i dont live in Melbourne...apparently Rada did but I dont know if hes telling the truth anymore grrrrrrr....

i dont live in Victoria im a NSW boy

SM
Dec 1st, 2008, 06:13 AM
he's gonna watch her at the play offs so we will get reports from atleast one person :)

AUSBOY
Dec 1st, 2008, 06:24 AM
There are no tennis courts in St Kilda!!

You mean Albert Park Tennis Centre on St Kilda Rd in Melbourne! Same surface as Australian Open and the only other club in the world with this surface! Its where Nicole Pratt always trained.

Keadz
Dec 1st, 2008, 06:46 AM

You mean Albert Park Tennis Centre on St Kilda Rd in Melbourne! Same surface as Australian Open and the only other club in the world with this surface! Its where Nicole Pratt always trained.

Actually Macabi Tennis club in Bentleigh East, about a 20 second walk from where I live also has the same surface as the Australian Open. Last year there were numerous juniors, doubles players and journey men/women who came and practiced on the courts before the Open.

Just Do It
Dec 1st, 2008, 11:57 AM
''All I will divulge is that Dokic is 66th alternate''

Ajde :inlove:

cn ireland
Dec 1st, 2008, 07:02 PM
Yay, Jelena's on the entry list for Brisbane:bounce:!

Hope she gets a QWC at least:hearts:!

Uranium
Dec 1st, 2008, 07:14 PM
I hope Jelena gets a MD WC:p

Slutati
Dec 1st, 2008, 07:36 PM
I agree with Uranium. :o

OZTENNIS
Dec 1st, 2008, 08:43 PM

From my understanding you also made Melbourne Park part of your list. So, apart from the club Keadz mentioned, you also left out Homebush Bay in Sydney, Memorial Drive in Adelaide, Tennyson in Brisbane and Griffith Uni in Brisbane to name a few.

frenchie
Dec 2nd, 2008, 12:18 AM
According to the new entry list format, Jelena is 66th alternate which means 66 spots away from the MD and not from the quallies

She will probably enter the Qualy draw on her own ranking!

AUSBOY
Dec 2nd, 2008, 02:16 AM
Either way, Jelena only gets free court hire at Albert Park and Melbourne Park.

jela_dokic
Dec 2nd, 2008, 02:54 PM
Is jelena in australia? I hope so...:)

Good Luck Jela!

King Aaron
Dec 2nd, 2008, 04:21 PM
According to the new entry list format, Jelena is 66th alternate which means 66 spots away from the MD and not from the quallies

She will probably enter the Qualy draw on her own ranking!
There's a new entry list format? :eek: Then yay at her being 66th alternate from the main draw and not the quali draw. :D

cn ireland
Dec 6th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Dokic told actions speak louderArticle from: Sunday Herald SunFont size: Decrease Increase Email article: Email Print article: Print Submit comment: Submit comment Jackie Epstein and Peter Badel

December 07, 2008 12:00am
JELENA Dokic arrives in town tomorrow and her first stop will be Melbourne Park to meet with Australian Open tournament director Craig Tiley.

Dokic will contest the Australian Open wildcard playoff at Melbourne Park from December 15-21. Her return to the world's top 180 and Australia's best four means she won't have to rely on a discretionary invitation.

But Tiley said certain conditions would be imposed on the 25-year-old who left the country on indifferent terms after her attempt to qualify last year.

"In this new way forward we don't provide handouts and we don't provide funding," Tiley said.

"But we do provide competitions and plenty of opportunities for the players - courts, balls and coaches.

"She made some comments in January that didn't show much appreciation for the coaches who had helped her, so I told her that I wasn't happy with that and I'd like her to apologise to those coaches before she had any chance to be considered for an opportunity.

"She did and I said, 'an apology is an apology, but we'll have to see your actions after it for me to determine if the apology was sincere or not'. So she is coming into town and I'm going to meet her.

"I also want her to hit with our young players because I want them to really benefit.

"If Jelena does that then she might have opportunities."

Tiley also said he had received an indication from Mark Philippoussis he would not contest the Open.

"We haven't discussed the main draw, but all indications are that Mark will not play," Tiley said. "But I'll never say never on that because you never know what could happen."

Meanwhile, Bernard Tomic is likely to receive a wildcard for the the Brisbane International, despite the latest controversy to engulf the young tennis ace.

The International Tennis Federation has launched an investigation after the 16-year-old forfeited a second-round match at the Sorrento International Futures tournament in Perth on Thursday.

Tomic's father, John, ordered his son from the court, claiming he was not being treated fairly.

Brisbane International tournament organiser Steve Ayles said Tomic would still be a high priority to be offered a wildcard, provided he was not given a suspension by the ITF.

Tomic's fate is expected to be known this week.

Souce: http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24762020-2863,00.html

Sounds promising for Jelena:). Lets hope she cooperates fully because it sounds that if she does she'll be a SHOO in for a WC regardless of how she does in the playoff:)!!

DokDi
Dec 6th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Thanks for posting!:) So she wasn't in AU then?? Maybe she did play the match against Hantuchova:spit:

Tiley is a shit, we already know that, he don't have to remind us....:rolleyes:

cn ireland
Dec 6th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Thanks for posting!:) So she wasn't in AU then?? Maybe she did play the match against Hantuchova:spit:

Tiley is a shit, we already know that, he don't have to remind us....:rolleyes:

Your welcome:)
I'd prefer to believe that she didn't play the Hantuchova match and I think the thread starter of that particular thread in GM was found out to be lying about that result anyway.

I actually think that Tiley seems to have conceeded that they have to offer JD a MD WC this year cos he just wants her to spend some time with the younger players which I think is a fair request.

DokDi
Dec 6th, 2008, 05:31 PM
^
Yes of course it's not bad to spend some time with the young players, but he retells the same story in every article, and I just don't like him.
"Then she might have opportunities...:rolleyes:

cn ireland
Dec 6th, 2008, 05:42 PM
^
Yes of course it's not bad to spend some time with the young players, but he retells the same story in every article, and I just don't like him.
"Then she might have opportunities...:rolleyes:
Believe me I don't like his attitude either but if he's willing to play fair this year (by giving JD a MDWC fo AO) I think I can forgive him but if he doesn't.............:mad:!

Just Do It
Dec 6th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Dokic told actions speak louderArticle from: Sunday Herald SunFont size: Decrease Increase Email article: Email Print article: Print Submit comment: Submit comment Jackie Epstein and Peter Badel

December 07, 2008 12:00am
JELENA Dokic arrives in town tomorrow and her first stop will be Melbourne Park to meet with Australian Open tournament director Craig Tiley.

Dokic will contest the Australian Open wildcard playoff at Melbourne Park from December 15-21. Her return to the world's top 180 and Australia's best four means she won't have to rely on a discretionary invitation.

But Tiley said certain conditions would be imposed on the 25-year-old who left the country on indifferent terms after her attempt to qualify last year.

"In this new way forward we don't provide handouts and we don't provide funding," Tiley said.

"But we do provide competitions and plenty of opportunities for the players - courts, balls and coaches.

"She made some comments in January that didn't show much appreciation for the coaches who had helped her, so I told her that I wasn't happy with that and I'd like her to apologise to those coaches before she had any chance to be considered for an opportunity.

"She did and I said, 'an apology is an apology, but we'll have to see your actions after it for me to determine if the apology was sincere or not'. So she is coming into town and I'm going to meet her.

"I also want her to hit with our young players because I want them to really benefit.

Tiley also said he had received an indication from Mark Philippoussis he would not contest the Open.

"We haven't discussed the main draw, but all indications are that Mark will not play," Tiley said. "But I'll never say never on that because you never know what could happen."

Meanwhile, Bernard Tomic is likely to receive a wildcard for the the Brisbane International, despite the latest controversy to engulf the young tennis ace.

The International Tennis Federation has launched an investigation after the 16-year-old forfeited a second-round match at the Sorrento International Futures tournament in Perth on Thursday.

Tomic's father, John, ordered his son from the court, claiming he was not being treated fairly.

Brisbane International tournament organiser Steve Ayles said Tomic would still be a high priority to be offered a wildcard, provided he was not given a suspension by the ITF.

Tomic's fate is expected to be known this week.

Souce: http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24762020-2863,00.html

Sounds promising for Jelena:). Lets hope she cooperates fully because it sounds that if she does she'll be a SHOO in for a WC regardless of how she does in the playoff:)!!

What the hell is this ? Jelena, please come back to Serbia !!!

ninanina19
Dec 6th, 2008, 07:06 PM
I think he'll give her a MDWC. I mean last year she was unranked and TA had reasons not to trust her but this time she will get it. Hopefully she kicks ass at the playoff though.

Slutati
Dec 6th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Seriously, wtf. Australia should be happy they have her. :rolleyes:
Come to Slovenia, Jelena. :hearts:

Uranium
Dec 6th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Tiley says the same thing over and over again, I want to kill myself everytime I read his quotes.

Slutati
Dec 6th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Tiley says the same thing over and over again, I want to kill myself everytime I read his quotes.
What's stopping you? :awww:

Just Do It
Dec 6th, 2008, 08:03 PM

Yes, I heard this sentence 10000 times :

:inlove:

Anyhow, Jelena will get a MDWC IMO !!!

Golovinjured.
Dec 6th, 2008, 10:52 PM
Australia loves Jelena, Craig Tiley is just an ass.
She's a shoe in for MDWC, aslong as she competes in the Playoff and plays Brisbane and Sydney/Hobart. He just has to say this, to be fair to the other Australian players.

I hope she does hit with our junior girls, though. It would be good to feel like part of the Australian team.

Привет
Dec 7th, 2008, 01:30 AM
Yeah, Tiley is a broken record, but really, what else is there he could say? He's not going to say, "Hell yeah she's getting a MD WC! There's no fricking way we'd have an Aussie player ranked so high not playing in the maindraw!", so he just makes the same quotes over and over again. :shrug:

Jelena should hit with the young girls. :) More and more practice for her, and she would have an abundance of practice partners who would probably really enjoy hitting with someone so credentialled. :)

Just Do It
Dec 7th, 2008, 11:00 AM

This part is kinda :unsure: It looks how He is implying she will get a wild card only if she is a sparing partner to young Aussies who should benefit from her ? I mean, Jelena is the one who should benefit from those young girls IMO

Harvs
Dec 7th, 2008, 11:12 AM
lol he has to say that stuff... if he just said "jelena will get a wildcard", it would go against the principles and reasons for having the playoff:shrug:

shes gonna get a WC..:rolleyes:

Graf~Dokic
Dec 7th, 2008, 03:02 PM
This part is kinda :unsure: It looks how He is implying she will get a wild card only if she is a sparing partner to young Aussies who should benefit from her ? I mean, Jelena is the one who should benefit from those young girls IMO

Exactly. :) It's all about Jelena. Everybody should be so thankful that they are having such a well-known player in Australia, that they rather should do want she wants and not the other way... :lol:

Slutati
Dec 7th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Exactly. :) It's all about Jelena. Everybody should be so thankful that they are having such a well-known player in Australia, that they rather should do want she wants and not the other way... :lol:
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

ce
Dec 7th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Australian Open director :weirdo:

Graf~Dokic
Dec 7th, 2008, 07:18 PM
The best thing Jelena could do is to win the playoff without dropping a set and to demolish all these "beloved" youngsters of Craig Tiley. ;) I think that would make his mind change totally.

Golovinjured.
Dec 8th, 2008, 12:37 AM
Jelena Dokic returning to Australia with Open wildcard on her mind
By Margie McDonald
December 08, 2008

JELENA Dokic arrives back in Australia on Monday from her home in Monte Carlo with her career in a lot better shape than when she left.

Dokic, 25, missed the 2008 Australian Open, bowing out in the second round of qualifying, and had an argument with Tennis Australia because she was not given a wildcard.

She has since patched up her relationship with TA boss Craig Tiley and will call on him in his Melbourne Park offices before she continues her training for the Australian Open play-off from December 15-21.

The men and women singles winners from the week-long event gain a wildcard into the year's first Grand Slam, which begins on January 19.

Dokic had ankle problems and then weight issues the last time she was here, and her WTA ranking blew out to 621 after missing most of 2007.

But the woman who reached No.4 in 2002 has resurrected her career during 2008 with three titles on the ITF circuit (level down from WTA), and two semi-final appearances, which earned her WTA ranking points.

Dokic is now ranked at 179, well inside the 250 cut-off TA places on Australians wanting to gain entry into the Open wildcard play-off tournament.

Western Australia's Jessica Moore also won an ITF title and reached the quarter-finals of five other events, including two semi-finals, to see her ranking move to 138.

On the men's side, former Davis Cup player Peter Luczak (156), Joe Sirianni (182), Robert Smeets (199) and Carsten Ball (204) have gained entry to the Open play-off.

But former Australian Open boys singles winners Brydan Klein (2007) and Bernard Tomic (2008) are still to be accepted because their rankings fall outside the top 250.

Tomic is also waiting to hear if the ITF will suspend him after he forfeited a match during the Sorrento Futures tournament in Perth last Thursday.

----------------------

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24766469-23216,00.html

----------------------

So she wasn't in Australia at all?
6-1 6-1? :unsure:

Uranium
Dec 8th, 2008, 12:44 AM
rada is a liar:fiery:

Also, I hope she wasn't trying against Dani, one to lose to her is :o and to lose to her by that score is :o:o:o:o

Golovinjured.
Dec 8th, 2008, 12:52 AM
No, even if Jelena wasn't in Australia I still don't believe the match took place.
There'd have to be something official on the net if it did.

There was also a small article about Jelena in the Courier Mail today (finally, after buying every Courier Mail for months, looking for Dokic news)
Nothing new, just the same stuff reworded.

Hopefully news from her meeting with Tiley will surface over the next few days, and maybe some pics.

Philip
Dec 8th, 2008, 12:53 AM
rada is a liar:fiery:

Also, I hope she wasn't trying against Dani, one to lose to her is :o and to lose to her by that score is :o:o:o:o
I really doubt the exhibition took place anyway... :hug:

Uranium
Dec 8th, 2008, 01:12 AM
I want pictures:p

ninanina19
Dec 8th, 2008, 01:34 AM
I doubt Rada would lie.

Привет
Dec 8th, 2008, 01:43 AM
Well I believe foxsports over rada. :lol: And there is absolutely no way that the exhibition against Hantuchova took place. That poster was just a moron who made it up. :o

SM
Dec 8th, 2008, 08:20 AM
well Rada wasn't lying to the message board, he was ringing me and telling me those stories...he was probably playing a joke on me and didnt think i would post it!!

lol im sorry Rada

Just Do It
Dec 8th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Rada :haha: He better come here asap and tell us what the hell was he thinking :lol:

SM
Dec 8th, 2008, 10:26 AM
its not funny i believed him haha i was so jealous that he was seeing her train :P

ozfan44
Dec 8th, 2008, 11:06 AM
its not funny i believed him haha i was so jealous that he was seeing her train :P
:tape::lol:

Slutati
Dec 8th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Well apparently the person who made the thread about that exhibition knows Daniela and her team. So...:unsure:
I guess it was a practice match or something. :shrug: Pathetic if it's true though, I guess Jeca just stood there and let serves fly past her, which wouldn't surprise me at all. :rolleyes:

cn ireland
Dec 8th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Well the thread starter about the Dokic-Hantuchova "match" does not have any evidence that the match took place, so I don't believe it ever took place;)!

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 8th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Well apparently the person who made the thread about that exhibition knows Daniela and her team. So...:unsure:
Yeah, apparently he's a retarded troll as well.

Slutati
Dec 8th, 2008, 07:13 PM
:bigcry:
Well that's what Lunaris told me. I dunno. :shrug:

ce
Dec 8th, 2008, 07:17 PM

:haha:

rada
Dec 8th, 2008, 10:55 PM
Hi Guys i can say Jelena is in Melb if i get the chance i will go take some photos of her for you :)

Привет
Dec 8th, 2008, 11:09 PM
:rolls: At least we know this time it's not a practical joke seeing as though we have articles tellings us she arrived in Australia yesterday.

Photos would be much appreciated. :)

Golovinjured.
Dec 8th, 2008, 11:12 PM
Yes, please photos Rada. :hearts:

Golovinjured.
Dec 9th, 2008, 12:34 AM
Tennis star Jelena Dokic apologies to Australian Open boss
09/12/08

AUSTRALIAN tennis player Jelena Dokic has publicly apologised to Australian Open tournament director Craig Tiley for her comments earlier this year.

Dokic strongly criticised the tournament when she was not granted a wild card. She went on to have a strong year overseas, breaking into the top 200 for the first time since 2004.

Dokic is now back in Melbourne to play next week for a wild card birth at the Open.

"I have apologised to him and Tennis Australia, I made some remarks in January that were out of line," Dokic said.

"At the time I should not have said that."

Dokic is growing in confidence and said she was close to having a very good year on the international tour.

-------------------
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,24773682-10389,00.html
-------------------

Just came in 20 minutes ago. :bolt:
I'm watching the sports news channel to see if they have anything yet.

:banana:

ninanina19
Dec 9th, 2008, 04:01 AM
Having patched up her differences with Tennis Australia and Australian Open tournament director Craig Tiley, Jelena Dokic believes she is again finally capable of resurrecting her once promising career.

But the 25-year-old admits that 2009 - beginning with January's Australian Open - represents her last chance to return to the big time after once being ranked as high as No.4 in the world in August, 2002.

"I would think so," she said in Melbourne on Tuesday when asked if she was now on her last chance.

"I did get my ranking up this year so I am on track and I have worked hard on my physical and mental condition and I think I am close to having a really good year next year."

After her much-publicised family difficulties with her estranged father Damir, Dokic's career tumbled to such an extent that she was not even ranked at the end of 2007 but last year under coach Borno Bikic - the brother of her boyfriend Tin - she worked her way back inside the top 200 for the first time since 2004.

With a current ranking of 179, Dokic is now Australia's fourth highest ranked player behind Casey Dellacqua, Sam Stosur and her main rival in the upcoming Australian Open wildcard play-off in much-improved Western Australian teenager Jessica Moore.

Dokic will take on Moore and 14 other hopefuls in the wildcard play-off - beginning next Monday at Melbourne Park - and encouragingly Dokic is not expecting any favours from Tennis Australia in the advent that things don't go to plan.

Earlier this year she blasted Tiley and Tennis Australia officials after they did not grant her one of the four discretionary wildcards into the main draw of the Australian Open - after she was forced to pull out of the wildcard play-off due to injury - which meant she was then forced to try to qualify for the Open which she failed to do.

But Dokic bounced back from that setback to win three tournaments - all on clay in Europe in second-string events - in what were her first tournament victories since 2002.

Now Dokic, having already apologised to Tiley and Tennis Australia for her outburst back in January, is looking forward to re-building her career in 2009.

"I am in the best shape I have been in for the last four years," Dokic said.

"I think I have made a couple of steps forward and I need to continue for the next six months and try to have a consistent year next year in 2009 but I think I am on the way."

Dokic is also pleased she has re-built her often rocky relationship with Tiley and Tennis Australia.

"I have apologised to him (Tiley) and to Tennis Australia and the selectors and coaches that were involved and I can do it now publicly as well," she said.

"I made some remarks earlier in January that were out of line and at the time I shouldn't have said anything and I regret what I said."

But importantly Dokic - whose ranking means she is not guaranteed direct entry to the major tournaments - has learned her lesson and says she is prepared to reach the Australian Open the hard way in 2009 if she does not win next week's wildcard play-off.

"I am aiming to win the play-off but I am also in the qualifiers for the Australian Open and the tournament before that (in Brisbane) so I am happy with that and whatever else comes my way is an extra bonus."

"Even if I don't win the play-off I don't expect anything (from Tennis Australia in the way of an automatic wildcard)."

"If I get in the main draw it would be great but if I have to play the (Australian Open) qualifiers, that is okay but my aim is to try and win the play-off."http://sportal.com.au/tennis-news-display/dokic-back-on-track-61732/page/2

ninanina19
Dec 9th, 2008, 04:03 AM
Audio interview :D
http://blogs.abc.net.au/grandstand/2008/12/dokic-back-to-e.html
Former world number four Jelena Dokic has returned to Australia determined to earn her place in next year's Australian Open.

"I've done this trip the last couple of years. I think this probably the best form and shape that I'm coming into the play-off in this summer" admits Dokic.

Dokic will need to win next week's play-off tournament to qualify for the Australian Open. The Australian representative believes she has returned a better person and tennis player after a big off-season training schedule and a competitive 2008 season of tennis.

"I've worked hard consistently throughout the whole year. I've played more and more matches. Obviously I've won a couple of tournaments which really got my confidence up" claims Dokic.

You can listen to Dokic's full interview with Ryan Van Haalen from ABC News below:

The 25-year-old, who missed the 2008 Australian Open after losing in the second round of qualifying, was also keen to mend her relationship with Tennis Australia.

"I made some comments in January earlier that I regret that I shouldn't have made. I've apologised for that to Tennis Australia, especially to Craig Tilley, and hopefully we can move on from that" she said.

ninanina19
Dec 9th, 2008, 04:07 AM
Video :yeah: :
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24773963-11088,00.html