Bероника
Jun 5th, 2008, 02:05 PM
2-1 vamos!!!!

Bероника
Jun 5th, 2008, 02:15 PM
she's not playing good...I don't think she'll win today

goldenlox
Jun 5th, 2008, 02:20 PM
She still can win. She has to do what Dinara did. Turn the match around when you're down

Bероника
Jun 5th, 2008, 02:30 PM
2-4 no way

Chrisi
Jun 5th, 2008, 02:31 PM
I just can't watch it. I feel terrible at the moment :( Her serve isn't working and so many errors :help:

Bероника
Jun 5th, 2008, 02:33 PM
me too :sad: :sad: she's completely self-destructing out there

Bероника
Jun 5th, 2008, 02:40 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

svetaisthebest
Jun 5th, 2008, 02:43 PM
:bigcry: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sad:

HybridTheory
Jun 5th, 2008, 03:02 PM
Was Sveta fit today? She didn't look like she was.
Don't get me wrong, I love Sveta, but she didn't show any fight at all today, I'm pretty disappointed in her now.
I hope she's ok.

Lyndle_BE
Jun 5th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Was Sveta fit today? She didn't look like she was.
Don't get me wrong, I love Sveta, but she didn't show any fight at all today, I'm pretty disappointed in her now.
I hope she's ok.

Unfortunately I agree - I managed to see most of the match, but did not really see any of the normal fight, no smiles, certainly not any fist-pumps.

The match was not a white-wash and I kept expecting to see a turn-around, especially early in the second, but well done to Safina, she played well and was the aggressor of the two.

teleri
Jun 5th, 2008, 03:55 PM
tough loss.

HybridTheory
Jun 5th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Unfortunately I agree - I managed to see most of the match, but did not really see any of the normal fight, no smiles, certainly not any fist-pumps.

The match was not a white-wash and I kept expecting to see a turn-around, especially early in the second, but well done to Safina, she played well and was the aggressor of the two.

Yes I expected Svetlana to come back in the match as well. Safina wasn't particularly playing good, Sveta was just playing awful. Ok, she had a bad day, but she could have showed some mentality at least.

Bероника
Jun 5th, 2008, 04:03 PM
oh please,she might be the one feeling worse about what happened today right now.Sveta :hug:

Here,Conchita Martinez who was commentating the match,said it was because of nerves.When Sveta is too nervous her legs are way too passive and her feet stay there like glued and she does not move right.Then from not moving right and allowing her opponent to dictate the play,comes the error.

HybridTheory
Jun 5th, 2008, 04:21 PM
oh please,she might be the one feeling worse about what happened today right now.Sveta :hug:

Here,Conchita Martinez who was commentating the match,said it was because of nerves.When Sveta is too nervous her legs are way too passive and her feet stay there like glued and she does not move right.Then from not moving right and allowing her opponent to dictate the play,comes the error.

Maybe that is the reason. That's why I was wondering if she was fit. She looked so exhausted and passive.
But you know, I can't remember she ever played so bad before in a Grand Slam quarter, semi or final. Maybe she felt more pressure because her chances this year were bigger, I don't know.
But hey, don't get me wrong, I feel sorry for her, she's been my favourite players for years now, it's just that I was really surprised by her performance today. The mental part, in particular. Usually she's so much of a fighter and she always manage to get herself together.
Anyways, let's hope she's not too upset :hug: (I'm afraid she is) and there's Wimbledon in just a couple of weeks time. Her time will come. :)

Bероника
Jun 5th, 2008, 04:25 PM
well,seeing the possibility of getting to number 1 so close might have made her feel an extra pressure.Maybe the nerves came from there.

HybridTheory
Jun 5th, 2008, 04:28 PM
well,seeing the possibility of getting to number 1 so close might have made her feel an extra pressure.Maybe the nerves came from there.

Yes that is very well possible. And no Justine, might have made some difference as well.

Naina
Jun 5th, 2008, 04:32 PM
It was so awful to watch.:sad::sad::sad::sad:
I was so unhappy to see her lose. I agree that her nerves made her forget about footwork. she is normally very good defensively but today she was just to late to react.
I have also noticed that when her draw is to easy she tends not to fight in the big matches; (miami 06, uso 04,miami 08) she had tough matches in the beginning and at then she played well in the big matches near the end of the tournies.
Oh well, on to grass. plz do well over in SW19 sveta.

Bероника
Jun 5th, 2008, 04:40 PM
Safina, seeded 13th, was one point from defeat against top-ranked Maria Sharapova in the fourth round and No. 7-seeded Elena Dementieva in the quarter-finals before mounting comebacks.
But against the error-prone Kuznetsova, Safina took a 4-1 lead and cruised the rest of the way.
"I won in two sets - that's strange for me," Safina said.
Kuznetsova, the 2004 U.S. Open champion, hardly looked like a No. 4-seeded player as she struggled to keep her groundstrokes in the court. She said she was tight and unable to get comfortable because Safina's penetrating shots pinned her well behind the baseline.
"It was pretty horrible," Kuznetsova said. "I felt pretty bad out there. I felt like I could not give her fight because I was fighting first against myself."
By the second set Kuznetsova became so frustrated that after yet another errant shot, she angrily smacked a ball into the 12th row at the far end of the stadium.
The outburst failed to help. Safina broke in that game for a 3-2 lead and overcame two break points to win the next game. Soon she was serving for the match, and one final shanked forehand by Kuznetsova gave Safina the victory.

HybridTheory
Jun 5th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Thanks for the article.

Bероника
Jun 5th, 2008, 05:04 PM
can't find the full interview but i'm interested to read it

teleri
Jun 5th, 2008, 05:28 PM

Do you think she should see a psychologist? Because She got nerved again and again.

Bероника
Jun 5th, 2008, 05:33 PM
I remember hearing time ago she was already seeing one,so I don't know how she can fix this problem

Milito22
Jun 5th, 2008, 06:49 PM
:sobbing: Sveta, always with you! :hug::rocker2:

maryc
Jun 5th, 2008, 07:47 PM
It was so hard to watch this match. Some of Dinara's winners were not
returnable, so good for her, but the errors on Sveta's part were really
not so good. But I will always be a fan. I hope she enters Eastbourne,
at least to play doubles.

Bероника
Jun 5th, 2008, 10:01 PM
Mary,I just read she's a late entry to Eastbourne :

http://www2.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=341437&page=8

maryc
Jun 5th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Yes, a friend of mine emailed me! I hope I hope I hope....

flyingmachine
Jun 6th, 2008, 12:07 AM
Is Sveta has something wrong is her. It seems she can't hold on to it when is matters. Oh well. :o

Svetlana.
Jun 6th, 2008, 03:27 AM
I am very disappointed and don't really see any reasonable excuses for such a poor performance. :awww::armed:

Elisabeth
Jun 6th, 2008, 06:37 AM
Aww Svetlana :sad: It was so hard to watch that match. It looked like she had forgotten how to fight. I feel so sorry for her that her nerves keep coming in the way. :sad:

teleri
Jun 6th, 2008, 01:19 PM
People are different. I always choke when I am in front of public. So now I understand Sveta, but it was pity that she can't prove to someone that she is good enough to win a slam. She works so hard and she has talented to do it. I know it. everybody in this forum knows it. But the rest don't know. They need a slam or no.1 spot to prove it.( And these don't matter to me.)

Chrisi
Jun 6th, 2008, 01:32 PM
I am very disappointed and don't really see any reasonable excuses for such a poor performance. :awww::armed:

You shouldn't be that harsh! She's nevertheless a great player and she will come back! It isn't the end of her career!

Jenny.C.Fan
Jun 6th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Very hard to watch, Sveta had a nightmare out there yesterday and there was just nothing she could do, its sad, because this was such a great oppurtunity, but it just wasn't to be this year. Oo Sveta has entered Eastbourne :)

maryc
Jun 6th, 2008, 05:53 PM
People are different. I always choke when I am in front of public. So now I understand Sveta, but it was pity that she can't prove to someone that she is good enough to win a slam. She works so hard and she has talented to do it. I know it. everybody in this forum knows it. But the rest don't know. They need a slam or no.1 spot to prove it.( And these don't matter to me.)

Yep yep yep. And as anyone here who plays tennis knows, it's really hard to use
the head for good. I think part of Sveta's problem is that she is a little too smart,
even tho' her detractors probably think she is not smart.

However--some of the points yesterday were beautiful, and she's one of the few players
left who can play from anywhere on the court. As a teacher, I always believe that
people can get better. Sveta has an amazing game, even w/ that head of hers. ;)

tim4
Jun 6th, 2008, 06:13 PM
A pity about yesterday.
Anyway, well then, hopefully I will see her at Eastbourne after all.

maryc
Jun 6th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Hi tim! I know, it's terrible to feel good about her misfortune at RG b/c
it means that we will probably see her at Eastbourne, but I admit it... I'm a
small person and am a bit glad about it.

Noelia
Jun 7th, 2008, 12:42 PM
:o:sad: sad sad sad..

Света_мой_№1
Jun 7th, 2008, 05:27 PM
you know it is sad she lost but overall I think she played very well at roland garros she didnt lose a set till semi finals and put a lot of aces in the tournament and stuff. I think the pressure got to much of her I would be a big deal to her to be no. 1 and when it comes so close I can understand it gets the best of you. but I am feeling good about the tournament in general but the last match is a bit dissapoiting but I am sure she will learn from it and comes back stronger