Main Draw

(1)M.BARTOLI (FRA) vs.Bye
I.OLARU (ROU) vs. S.PENG (CHN)
A.HARKLEROAD (USA) vs. Q
(5) K.SREBOTNIK (SLO) vs. Q

(3)V.RAZZANO (FRA) vs. Y.CHAN (TPE)
C.DELLACQUA (AUS) vs. S.ERRANI (ITA)
K.BONDARENKO (UKR) vs. P.KVITOVA (CZE)
M.KORYTTSEVA (UKR) vs. (7) A.SUGIYAMA (JPN)

(6) A.MEDINA GARRIGUES (ESP) vs. K.ZAKOPALOVA (CZE)
Q vs. Q
(wc)C.PIN (FRA) vs. S.COHEN ALORO (FRA)
(wc) N.DECHY (FRA) vs. (4) F.PENNETTA (ITA)

(8) Z.YAN (CHN) vs. M.SANTANGELO (ITA)
T.BACSINSZKY (SUI) vs. (wc) J.DOKIC (AUS)
E.GALLOVITS (ROU) vs. J.VAKULENKO (UKR)
(2) A.BONDARENKO (UKR) vs. BYE

Just Do It
May 15th, 2008, 07:09 PM
Dave, already :haha:

cn ireland
May 15th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Great news for Jelena, her hard work over the last few weeks seems to be paying off:hearts:. I just hope she can win a few matches here:bounce:.

There's a suggestion in GM that JD might tank her SF in Caserta, what do you guys think? Personally I don't think (hope) that she will.

WhatTheDeuce
May 15th, 2008, 08:02 PM
She shouldn't tank, she's simply playing too well. I hope she learned her lesson from the whole Hobart fiasco.

If worse comes to worse she'll have 2 full days off. It's not the end of the world, even if she won't be fully recovered. I want 2 titles in a row! :D

Uranium
May 15th, 2008, 08:11 PM
me 2, she should win Caserta:hearts:, you should make a new banner with new photos WTD;)

Andreas
May 15th, 2008, 08:20 PM
Yay. Hopefully she will play Wimbledon too :)

maya-serbia
May 15th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Gr8 news 4 Jelena!!

Ajde Jelena!!!

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Fretchap
May 15th, 2008, 09:11 PM
What a great news! :bounce:

DokicForever
May 15th, 2008, 10:01 PM
Great news Jeca!! Good luck!! :))

Привет
May 15th, 2008, 11:04 PM
It is nice to see her in the MD of another WTA tournament. :) Hopefully she can get a nice draw.

I personally don't see any reason why Jelena would want to tank in Caserta.

Some interesting players in Strasbourg. :drool: I'd love to see Jelena play any of the following players: Bondarenko (just for the sexy factor :drool:), Razzano (rematch :armed:), Dellacqua (Australia's best against Australia's most improved?), and either Harkleroad, Gallovits, Koryttseva, Bacsinszky, Peng, and Santangelo because I think Jelena can beat them. :D

dulkogii
May 15th, 2008, 11:26 PM
Greats new!

Good tournament Jelena!

LindsayRulz
May 15th, 2008, 11:43 PM
There is a little article on the official web site of the tournament :

Jelena Dokic, de retour en forme a été la 1ère a bénéficier d’une wild card pour le tableau final de Strasbourg. C’est une récompense pour la stimuler dans sa progression au sortir d’un certain nombre de tournois ITF. Elle a été très heureuse au téléphone de cette nomination et sera certainement à prendre très au sérieux la semaine prochaine. Pour ce qui est des autres invitaions, nous prendrons une décision demain en milieu de journée; et nous optons actuellement vers un support aux françaises afin que 2008 puisse enfin voir une française gagner ce tournoi. Il faut constater que les Top 10 ne sont pas très en forme, Hantouchova vient de décliner Istanboul où les défections se multiplient; dire que la dernière dans le tableau principal à Istanboul est N° 111 ( en comparaison de la N° 66 pour Strasbourg).
Pierre Staller, directeur du tournoi

-------------

It says that the reason why they gave her the WC was a reward to stimulate her progession on the ITF circuit and that she was very happy on the phone when they annonced her that she got the WC. :)

Highlandman
May 15th, 2008, 11:59 PM
Jelena , great decision :yeah: There is a small hope I will go there & see her :) However why is that next week and not this week :o This week would have been much better for me. :rolleyes:

Like in former times, it looks like Jelena loves to play many tournaments again :D

hdfb
May 16th, 2008, 12:42 AM
I'm really happy she got a MD WC, but at the same time, going from 25k to a Tier III seems like a big jump. She hasn't played any 50k-100ks or a Tier IV. I really hope she gets a good draw and wins one match at least.

hdfb
May 16th, 2008, 12:50 AM
I just looked at the entry list. There is potential for her to do well...

Would be great for her to run into Dellacqua or Peng in the first round. A re-match with Razzano would be funny. :p

WhatTheDeuce
May 16th, 2008, 04:13 AM
She hasn't played any 50k-100ks or a Tier IV
She played Fes, won 3 matches to qualify, beat a couple of quality players. I don't think she's as far off as you think. Plus, she's always been one to play up/down to her level.

OZTENNIS
May 16th, 2008, 04:43 AM
:scared:

Don't dare mention Razzano :o

Temi4 fromLatvia
May 16th, 2008, 04:44 AM
Great news!!! Go, Jela!!!

scottsue
May 16th, 2008, 04:45 AM
Fantastic news think. Well done and well deserved!

Mr.Kardashian
May 16th, 2008, 07:18 AM
this is great news... the entry list doesnt seem TOO strong so jelena does has a chance for a few wins which would be fantastic

Highlandman
May 16th, 2008, 09:01 AM
I just looked at the entry list. There is potential for her to do well...

Would be great for her to run into Dellacqua or Peng in the first round. A re-match with Razzano would be funny. :p

No Razzano, if Razzano has one of her strong days it could finish :unsure: for Jelena, especially if Jelena is a bit tired. Rather Dell'Acqua :p

Ben.
May 16th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Well she is certainly capable of doing well in Strasbourg, the tougher the opponent, the better it will be to see how well she goes against quality ranked opponents.

ce
May 16th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Bartoli -Dokic :hearts: match would be :hearts:

scottsue
May 16th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Bartoli -Dokic :hearts: match would be :hearts:

I agree but not in round 1 please!

Brett.
May 16th, 2008, 01:19 PM

lol, i was about to say that haha.

WhatTheDeuce
May 16th, 2008, 02:36 PM
lol, i was about to say that haha.
What the hell happened to your username? :o Go back. :sad:

doktor
May 16th, 2008, 04:23 PM
How far in Strasbourg would Jela have to go (with her win at Florence and final at Caserta) to qualify for direct entry into Surbiton qualies? Coz i'm thinkin thats her plan... cane them at Strasbourg and try and get the ranking up so she doesn't need WC's for the grasscourt season... I'm also a bit concerned about the transition from slow clay to grass... she hasn't really played a pro match on grass for years.... If the Aussie Open courts were quicker i'd feel a little better about her grasscourt season... any thoughts?

King Aaron
May 16th, 2008, 04:57 PM
^Even if she got her ranking high enough it would be too late to get direct entry. I'm not sure if the alternates list is based on the latest rankings or a certain date before the tournament.

Can anyone post a list of the players playing in Strasbourg? I want to see who Jelena should draw. :p

LindsayRulz
May 16th, 2008, 05:03 PM
1 BARTOLI Marion 11 FRA
2 PEER Shahar 19 ISR
3 BONDARENKO Alona 22 UKR
4 PENETTA Flavia 25 ITA
5 SREBOTNIK Katarina 26 SLO
6 RAZZANO Virginie 27 FRA
7 MEDINA-GARRIGUES Anabel 29 ESP
8 KNAPP Karin 37 ITA
9 SUGIYAMA Ai 38 JAP
10 VAKULENKO Julia 41 UKR
11 YAN Zi 42 CHN
12 BONDARENKO Kateryna 47 UKR
13 GARBIN Tatiana 51 ITA
14 DELLACQUA Casey 53 AUS
15 HARKLEROAD Ashley 55 USA
16 GALLOVITS Edina 56 ROU
17 PENG Shuai 57 CHN
18 CHAN Yung-jan 59 TPE
19 ZAKOPALOVA Klara 60 CZE
20 KORYTTSEVA Mariya 61 UKR
21 BACSINSKY Timea 64 SUI
22 Qualifier
23 Qualifier
24 Qualifier
25 Qualifier
26 Wild Card
27 Wild Card
28 Wild Card
29 COHEN-ALORO Stéphanie gagnante St Malo FRA
30 KVITOVA Petra gagnante Monzon CZE

King Aaron
May 16th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Thanks. Eh...not sure who she should draw. :lol:

doktor
May 16th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Yeaah... a pretty nasty draw... we could be lucky though... fingers crossed

LindsayRulz
May 16th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Vakulenko would be a good first round match IMO.

doktor
May 16th, 2008, 05:27 PM
yeah like i said we could be lucky... but shs trying her ass of... i don't know if she can go any good at wimbledon without any matchplay on grass... but after strasbourg shes only got the one wildcard... what can she do?

WhatTheDeuce
May 16th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Maybe this Strasbourg WC isn't the best decision, thinking about it now. Unless she wins some matches, of course.

Привет
May 16th, 2008, 10:53 PM
If Jelena does well here, then it's okay because she'll pick up some valuable points. But if she loses first round, then I think she should've kept the WC for the grass season. She must be really motivated to do well in Strasbourg, otherwise you would think she would've saved her WC for a grass tournament, seeing as though she missed out on RG WC. Oh well, Jelena is playing regularly now, so it should all work out in the long run. As long as I get to see her sexy arse on a Wimbledon court. :drool:

dulkogii
May 16th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Come on Jelena you can!

Ballbasher
May 16th, 2008, 11:05 PM
Good Luck there Jelena improve your 3-2 record :yeah: Although she was top-seed the 2 times ;)

auntie janie
May 17th, 2008, 01:05 AM
How far in Strasbourg would Jela have to go (with her win at Florence and final at Caserta) to qualify for direct entry into Surbiton qualies? Coz i'm thinkin thats her plan... cane them at Strasbourg and try and get the ranking up so she doesn't need WC's for the grasscourt season... I'm also a bit concerned about the transition from slow clay to grass... she hasn't really played a pro match on grass for years.... If the Aussie Open courts were quicker i'd feel a little better about her grasscourt season... any thoughts?

The entry deadline for Surbiton was this week, and Jelena did not enter. She's on the qualy alt. list for the 75K in Rome that week instead, but judging by the quality of the entrants there, she'll have a hard time getting in there.

Harvs
May 17th, 2008, 01:36 AM
theres quite a fair few players who i think she could beat handily:)

Golovinjured.
May 17th, 2008, 07:06 AM
I'd like her to draw Cohen Aloro in the first round :)

But I don't like her decision to play here. I still believe she should have used both her remaining WC's in grass tournaments, one Wimbledon and the other a lead up. I don't mind that she's using anoher WC on the clay though, I just wished she played in Istanbul rather than Strasbourg. It's still a Tier 3, the points on offer are identical, and the field is much weaker. (Cut off for Strasbourg is 64, for Istanbul 111. I hope she gets a good draw/winnable draw so she doesn't waste it. These WTA events will rise her rankings much faster than any ITF, so she needs her best chance to get as many points as possible.

~Eclipsed~
May 17th, 2008, 07:18 AM
Hopefully she doesn't draw Harkleroad.:sad:

Uranium
May 17th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Wimbledon would give her a WC anyways no matter what.
so i say use last one on a grass tournament, because Wimbledon will give her one anyways like 2006 and 2007(where they offered her one but she wasnt ready to comeback)

Harvs
May 17th, 2008, 12:13 PM
oh... so she could get a grass court wildcard PLUS a wimbledon wildcard? because grand slams are exempt from the itf rules???? am i right here lol

Uranium
May 17th, 2008, 12:16 PM
she has a certain amount of WCs to use right for her return, but can't you get more WCs if its up to director.
Because Wimbledon is going to give her one either way in my eyes, so she may just want a grass tourny WC

auntie janie
May 17th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Even if she wants a grasscourt tourney WC, that doesn't mean she'll be offered one.

When a WTA MD WC is offered to her, it doesn't make any sense to turn it down in the hopes that a "better" WC will be offered down the road. In fact, turning down the Strasbourg WC would have sent the wrong signal to other tournament directors.

If she wanted to play a grass tournament, she could have entered Surbiton. She would have made the qualy draw there without a WC; even Brie got in there with direct entry a couple years ago.

$uricate
May 17th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Vakulenko would be a good first round match IMO.

I agree. Against an up and down player coming back off an injury Id give the edge to Jelena.
I also think Knapp could be a good challenge and winnable too with the way Knapp has been playing lately.

$uricate
May 17th, 2008, 01:51 PM
she has a certain amount of WCs to use right for her return, but can't you get more WCs if its up to director.
Because Wimbledon is going to give her one either way in my eyes, so she may just want a grass tourny WC

I thought she had a certain number she had been allocated then it was up to tournament directors if they give her one so she could be given as many as there are willing tournies. I think Wimbledon would give her one too; at least into qualifying, and why not at Bimingham too; she won that in 02; surely that deserves a qualies WC.

cn ireland
May 17th, 2008, 02:11 PM
I don't mind her playing Strasbourg at all especially if she does well cos that would definity persuade Wimbledon to give her a MD WC. I'd also love to see her play a lead up grass tournament.

As for the Strasbourg MD, its a pity that Krajicek isn't here cos Jelena would win by just turning up :lol:

Uranium
May 17th, 2008, 02:16 PM
I thought she had a certain number she had been allocated then it was up to tournament directors if they give her one so she could be given as many as there are willing tournies. I think Wimbledon would give her one too; at least into qualifying, and why not at Bimingham too; she won that in 02; surely that deserves a qualies WC.

exactly, thats what i was trying to say.
Wimbledon will without doubt give her one into either draw.

xcrtbckhnd
May 17th, 2008, 03:02 PM
Does anyone know when the main draw is being made? Today or tomorrow?

WhatTheDeuce
May 17th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Huh? She can go over the WC limit if it's a Grand Slam? I'm confused.

Ballbasher
May 17th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Tomorrow on 12PM CET we'll get Main Draw! :D

Slutati
May 17th, 2008, 06:23 PM
What?!She got a WC, I thought they refused. Well, that's great I'm excited:banana::woohoo:

xcrtbckhnd
May 17th, 2008, 06:26 PM

That's what I thought too? I didn't think that WC's at slams actually counted towards the total amount? I'm not really sure how that works to be honest, but that was my understanding as well...

Natash.
May 17th, 2008, 06:31 PM
I don't think WC at a GS count to the total amount. :) About 65% sure of that. :lol:

Just Do It
May 17th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Sport Klub will only show semi finals and a final :speakles:

Jelena has to make it to the semi final now !!!

ninanina19
May 17th, 2008, 08:35 PM
I hope she draws Dellacqua and hands it to her.

craverojor
May 17th, 2008, 09:49 PM
Good tournament jele!

Uranium
May 17th, 2008, 09:59 PM

no the WC limit is for her return to tour correct?, so once she uses all them, now its up to the directors to decide if she gets one without her asking. I think thats right? Not sure

Привет
May 17th, 2008, 10:41 PM
Well this is confusing. :scratch:

If she is sure of getting a Wimbledon WC, then she should use her last one on a grass WTA tournament. The only worry I have is if Wimbledon don't want to give her a WC for some reason. :scared: Then I'd be really pissed off.

Uranium
May 17th, 2008, 10:44 PM
they offered her one last season when she didn't play AT ALL!, so she is winning of course they would give her one.
she rejected 2007 since she wasn't ready for her comeback

ce
May 17th, 2008, 10:58 PM
only 1/2 and final :sad:

:bigcry:

Uranium
May 17th, 2008, 11:02 PM
huh? :haha:

ce
May 17th, 2008, 11:11 PM
huh? :haha:

Sport Klub is showing only 1/2 and final :(
so jelena has to make it that far so i could watch her :devil:

Uranium
May 17th, 2008, 11:15 PM
oo that sucks, but atleast you get to watch it.
Jelena is gonna win her third tourny duh!

WhatTheDeuce
May 18th, 2008, 06:32 AM
Sport Klub will only show semi finals and a final :speakles:

Jelena has to make it to the semi final now !!!
That sucks. :sad:

Make it, Jelena. :o :p

Uranium
May 18th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Dokic vs. Timea Bacsinzsky(can't spell it:lol:)

So Disrespectful
May 18th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Decent draw. Yan as a possible second round match up, but then Alona in the quarterfinals, who has been in good form recently. Two wins would be absolutely ideal for Jelena, but I'd be happy to see her get past even Timea.

ce
May 18th, 2008, 01:40 PM
good draw for JD :hearts: :drool:

xcrtbckhnd
May 18th, 2008, 01:50 PM
This is probably one of the best spots in the draw Jelena could have hoped for! GL against the talented Timea - show her who's boss Jelena!!! Then beat Yan Zi as well!!! Quarters definitely a possibility, and who knows, maybe Jelena can actually go even further than that!!! This is going to be so exciting!!!!! I really hope they don't put her on Monday's schedule of play though - give the girl a little break please!

Uranium
May 18th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Jelena can beat Timea, Yan is the definition of inconsistent so she can beat her too, and then Alona and I want Jelena to get revenge on her ass!!!
Alona def. Dokic in 2005 i think in Estoril or Prague somewhere in 3 sets and its time for revenge!

Ballbasher
May 18th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Why is everyone thinking ahead of themselves? :confused:
It'd be a huge,nice surprise for me,if she could beat Timea.I don't even think further.

Uranium
May 18th, 2008, 02:05 PM
well i had to since i did FITD:lol:

Natash.
May 18th, 2008, 02:41 PM
She plays on Tuesday from what I heard. :)

~Eclipsed~
May 18th, 2008, 02:48 PM
I'd be happy if Jelena at least made it to the QF.:D

I'd also be surprised and VERY excited if she was able to make it past Bondarenko.:drool:

Just Do It
May 18th, 2008, 04:26 PM
I dont like this draw :( Timea will be tough. Good luck Jelena, you will need it :yeah:

Ballbasher
May 18th, 2008, 04:42 PM
I'd be happy if Jelena at least made it to the QF.:D

I'd also be surprised and VERY excited if she was able to make it past Bondarenko.:drool:
I'd be even surprised if she gets past Bacsinszky,because we have yet to see how she fares against Top100 ;)

King Aaron
May 18th, 2008, 05:12 PM
I'd be even surprised if she gets past Bacsinszky,because we have yet to see how she fares against Top100 ;)
Aside from Hobart that is. ;)

I'm not too sure about the draw either. I don't know if she can beat Bacsinszky but I certainly hope she gives it all she's got. It'd be good to know where she stands against Top 100 players.

ce
May 18th, 2008, 05:16 PM
i believe in 1/2 :hearts:

cn ireland
May 18th, 2008, 05:28 PM
So its Timea Bacsinszky in round 1, could be a very tricky opponent for Jelena. However she is a very up and down player, when she's on she could beat anyone but she can also make alot of errors. Therefore if JD can limit her errors she has a good chance to win in my opinion:D.

Ballbasher
May 18th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Aside from Hobart that is. ;)

I'm not too sure about the draw either. I don't know if she can beat Bacsinszky but I certainly hope she gives it all she's got. It'd be good to know where she stands against Top 100 players.
True :)
But this was some time ago,but of course I hope it's an indicator.But these matches were mostly about her,Bacsinszky will be a lot different :)

WhatTheDeuce
May 18th, 2008, 06:46 PM
I don't think it's a bad draw, honestly. Could have been a lot worse. Bacszinsky has not been in good form at all recently, and clay is far from her best surface. She's a talented player, but I honestly believe Dokic has a decent chance of beating her if she can play well.

I refuse to look past this match, I know Yan is a potential 2R, but I won't discuss it 'til the 1R is over. I'll be so proud of her if she can even win one match.

WhatTheDeuce
May 18th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Main Draw

(1)M.BARTOLI (FRA) vs.Bye
I.OLARU (ROU) vs. S.PENG (CHN)
A.HARKLEROAD (USA) vs. Q
(5) K.SREBOTNIK (SLO) vs. Q

(3)V.RAZZANO (FRA) vs. Y.CHAN (TPE)
C.DELLACQUA (AUS) vs. S.ERRANI (ITA)
K.BONDARENKO (UKR) vs. P.KVITOVA (CZE)
M.KORYTTSEVA (UKR) vs. (7) A.SUGIYAMA (JPN)

(6) A.MEDINA GARRIGUES (ESP) vs. K.ZAKOPALOVA (CZE)
Q vs. Q
(wc)C.PIN (FRA) vs. S.COHEN ALORO (FRA)
(wc) N.DECHY (FRA) vs. (4) F.PENNETTA (ITA)

(8) Z.YAN (CHN) vs. M.SANTANGELO (ITA)
T.BACSINSZKY (SUI) vs. (wc) J.DOKIC (AUS)
E.GALLOVITS (ROU) vs. J.VAKULENKO (UKR)
(2) A.BONDARENKO (UKR) vs. BYE

Slutati
May 18th, 2008, 06:52 PM
I hope she wins the title:lol: But even if she loses 1R I'm so proud of her, she has a 13 match winning streak now:hearts::inlove: Amazing!

Schnyderfreak
May 18th, 2008, 07:50 PM
I really hope Jelena can win against Timea cuz it's possible.
Whatever happens afterwards is a big bonus. She can see this as a nice test and just play her heart out. She's ranked 320 now with 70 points so she's climbing the ladder!
Keep on going like this Jelena :yeah:

Harvs
May 18th, 2008, 09:44 PM
she can do ittttttttttt:)

hdfb
May 18th, 2008, 11:31 PM
She definitely has one of the easier quarters. Timea's a good draw in my opinion. I do see her reaching the 2nd round. But then again, we Jelena fans know too much of what will happen when we expect too much. :o

scottsue
May 19th, 2008, 12:12 AM
Let's get past Timea first. That in itself would be a wonderful effort! Go Jelena!

Привет
May 19th, 2008, 06:16 AM
I hope Jelena can beat Timea so much. :)

It'd be nice to think that Jelena would speak to Casey at some stage as well. I don't think anyone could argue that they're the two best performing Australian women this year.

King Aaron
May 19th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Jelena is first up on Court 2. Play starts at 1pm local time.

Just Do It
May 19th, 2008, 04:46 PM
1 PM is great time for me, Good luck :banana:

cn ireland
May 19th, 2008, 05:08 PM
1 pm suits be fine too, all we need now is a jelena win :bounce: :bounce:.

Cankarlo
May 19th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Pfffff!! I am returning home at 14.00 local time which means 13.00 cet. I am so lucky in this way. We'll see am I lucky to see Jelena wins this match. I am so thinkful why she didn't play in İstanbul. Jelena would have beat easily all the players without top 3. Today I watched the Govortsova match and she played like crap :( And can you believe that she is no:4 in the tournament. She was lucky that she matched up with local girl. I really think she is lucky to be in top #50. She is not that good IMO.

WhatTheDeuce
May 19th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Gotta wake up at 7am. :ras: Good luck Jelena, you can do it. :inlove:

Slutati
May 19th, 2008, 05:56 PM
1pm is great for me too:banana: Good luck Jelly, win it:D

Philip
May 19th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Good Luck tomorrow Jelena :D

I'm excited :D

ce
May 19th, 2008, 08:44 PM
i wont be home :sad:

Slutati
May 19th, 2008, 08:47 PM
:ras: You can see her live on TV when she reaches SF :ras:

Just Do It
May 19th, 2008, 08:52 PM

:awww: školica ? :awww:

ce
May 19th, 2008, 09:09 PM
:awww: školica ? :awww:

:(:o:rolleyes::mad::fiery::tape::help: da :p

Uranium
May 19th, 2008, 09:18 PM
da=yes in Russian!;)
i may not be able to see if Dokic wins, i have school:mad:

Ben.
May 19th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Good luck Jelena :yeah:

Harvs
May 19th, 2008, 09:47 PM
carn jelenaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:)

Fretchap
May 19th, 2008, 10:55 PM
I should be able to follow the first hour of the match :bounce: then I'll have to leave for school :mad:

hdfb
May 20th, 2008, 12:38 AM
I'll be able to follow it, but I'd have to go to bed right after it finishes. :p

doktor
May 20th, 2008, 03:12 AM
what time is that in australia?

Slutati
May 20th, 2008, 03:14 AM
the match starts in 8 hours, so you do the math:p

doktor
May 20th, 2008, 04:44 AM
thanks

Привет
May 20th, 2008, 05:56 AM
Jelena should start her match at 9.00pm tonight Australian time. Is that right Aussies? :p I wanted to sleep early tonight, but I'll stay up for Jelena. :) Hopefully she wins easily so I can get to bed as early as possible. Please, do this favour for me, Jelena. :lol:

WhatTheDeuce
May 20th, 2008, 06:21 AM
Match starts in a little over 4½ hours.

Golovinjured.
May 20th, 2008, 06:43 AM
Yeah should be 9PM in Australia I think, I'll check the livescore at 7 and 8 anyway :p

By the way, is anyone aware of any livestream for Strasbourg? There'd be likely to be some sort of livestream wouldnt there, the tournament being a Tier III?

WhatTheDeuce
May 20th, 2008, 06:43 AM
By the way, is anyone aware of any livestream for Strasbourg? There'd be likely to be some sort of livestream wouldnt there, the tournament being a Tier III?
There's a thread in the Strasbourg forum with a livestream link, but it's only one match a day, the second match on Centre every day, I believe. So no Jelena, at least not yet.

Just Do It
May 20th, 2008, 08:19 AM
2 hours and 40 minutes :banana:

Schnyderfreak
May 20th, 2008, 09:44 AM
GOOD LUCK Jelena do your best, fight like hell and you can win this!! :bounce:

Mr.Kardashian
May 20th, 2008, 10:22 AM
good luck jelena!

Golovinjured.
May 20th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Less than 30 minutes :woohoo:

C'mon Jelena, do your best!

Just Do It
May 20th, 2008, 12:22 PM
She lost 6-4 6-2. She won only 5 points on the 2nd serve, and poor % on the 1st as well. I really dont understand what happened. Hopefully we will get some reports soon.

WhatTheDeuce
May 20th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Blah. So depressing.

4-4 15-40... can't stop thinking about it.

vutt
May 20th, 2008, 03:15 PM
So now what? Start Bikic bashing again?

cn ireland
May 20th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Jelena:sad::sad::sad::sad:
Very much like the Arn match, too many missed opportunities in the 1st set and WAY too many DFs :fiery:.

I just hope that she doesn't give up after this loss cos the wins will come if she keeps plugging away!!!

Slutati
May 20th, 2008, 05:19 PM
That serve:crying2: She really needs to do something about it. Anyways, it's not that bad, she was probably tired from playing all those matches. Rest up, Jelena and kick ass in your next tourney:rocker2:

Temi4 fromLatvia
May 20th, 2008, 05:25 PM
Fuck!!! I'm upset, but she won 10 matces in a row. It's hard work. Good luck in next tourney!!!

JellyDelight
May 20th, 2008, 09:19 PM

I see Razzano lost 6-1 6-0 !!!! :devil::lol::lol:

Ben.
May 20th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Bad luck Jelena :hug:
Not the be all to end all, you'll have plenty of more opportunities to perform at your best in the upcoming tournaments.

Harvs
May 20th, 2008, 11:10 PM
extremely disappointing... she started very well:(

WhatTheDeuce
May 21st, 2008, 05:17 AM
4-4 15-40 :sobbing: I can't get that score out of my head. If she converts one of those, she has a chance to serve out the set and who knows what could've happened after that.. Oh well, she didn't play well enough, nothing much else to say. I'm still excited for grass, though. Give her a little time at WTA level, eventually she'll be able to string together wins. At least my expectations will be lowered now.

scottsue
May 21st, 2008, 05:33 AM
Keep it going. She was probably very tired from playing all those matches. The ball would have better depth at this level as well. I still pleased to see her back actually playing and I am sure the serve will gather greater consistency as we progress along.

Golovinjured.
May 21st, 2008, 05:37 AM
:sad: She had many chances in that first set and really, she should have taken it. She had a 2-0 start, breaking Bacsinszky in the first game, and then after losing that lead, she then led 4-4 15-40 on Bacsinszky serve before losing her breakpoints in that game and then her serve to lose the set. Jelena certainly had her chances, but Bacsinszky won the big points and snagged the first, then ran away with the second.

It's very dissappointing that Jelena went down, but the report by Strastib makes me feel abit better. Her groundstrokes were quite impressive, and her movement was good, it's just that serve and her head letting her down at the moment and there's only one thing to fix that - A PROPER TENNIS COACH!

I'm not saying that she should get rid of Borna Bikic, because he's obviously been very successful in helping Jelena get fitter. Keep Borna in Jelena's team for the meantime, but she desperately needs to find a quality tennis coach who knows the game, and knows how to help Jelena play better in the big points and maintain her composure when things get tough (like losing a close first set). She also needs to work very hard on that second serve, and just realise she sould slow it down a tad and get a bit more consistency.

As it is, we won't see Jelena play again until the second week of Roland Garros, where she's to play a $75K in Rome, as she's now out of Strasbourg and has pulled out of Galatina next week. Hopefully this loss isn't too discouraging for Jelena. She just needs to look at it for what it is - she had many chances to get ahead, but she just didn't play the big points as well as she could have, and the conditions didn't help her cause in the slightest.

Farewell Strasbourg lol

Just Do It
May 21st, 2008, 10:22 AM
After reading that report, I feel better about her .

Dave and Rosh : I told you there was something wrong, bitches :ras:

ce
May 21st, 2008, 11:19 AM
After reading that interview, I feel better about her interview.

:confused: what interview

Just Do It
May 21st, 2008, 11:25 AM
^ report. There are smaller interviews on saltara as well.

WhatTheDeuce
May 21st, 2008, 01:52 PM
After reading that report, I feel better about her .

It was windy? :lol: Everyone had to play with the wind, not just Dokic. That's kind of a poor excuse, but I do realize that it can throw one's game off.

Anyway, onto the next event.

King Aaron
May 21st, 2008, 03:33 PM
A bit bummed that she lost, especially knowing that she wasn't out of her depth. For a former #4, she should have handled the conditions better but haven't not played competitively for so long, I can cut her a tiny bit of slack.

I'm happy that she still seems positive and hope she continues to build on her results and play regularly. The key is definitely not to get down on herself and continue trucking.

Golovinjured.
May 21st, 2008, 11:52 PM
Winners in matches not involving seeds were Timea Bacsinszky, Edina Gallovits and qualifiers Tatiana Perebiynis and Ana Vrljic. Bacsinszky stopped wildcard Jelena Dokic, 64 62, while Gallovits benefited from another retirement in her match, as Julia Vakulenko bowed out trailing 61 41 with a right wrist injury.

"I'm starting from zero; I'm getting better," said Dokic, a former Top 5 star who has pledged to return to top form this season. "I didn't have any problem playing with her, but I think there were a lot of other factors that bothered me maybe. I have to build up my game and my confidence again. I'm thankful to have gotten a wildcard here and the opportunity to play."

***From the WTA site***

WhatTheDeuce
May 22nd, 2008, 08:03 PM
Bacsinszky just beat Bondarenko to make the SF, in case anyone's interested.

Golovinjured.
May 22nd, 2008, 08:07 PM
Fuckin oath I'm interested! I'm sure Jelena will feel way better about herself now.

How does Bacsinszky do that? Have a few shit house weeks - then get a semi out of nowhere? She did it in Antwerp aswell :shrug:

hdfb
May 23rd, 2008, 01:52 AM
Bacsinszky just beat Bondarenko to make the SF, in case anyone's interested.

Yeah I know, makes it easier to stomach Jelena's loss. =/

You know when I saw the Jelena wins Rome thread, I thought someone dug up the old thread from 2001. :p

Babolatpro880
May 23rd, 2008, 02:00 AM
Honestly, it seemed like everybody that beat Jelena this year did well in the tournament she beat her in. Tanasugarn did well in Australia, Arn made the SF in Fes, now Bacsinszky makes the SF in Strasbourg.

Привет
May 23rd, 2008, 07:30 AM
True, babolatpro880. It'd be interesting to see how Jelena could've done in those tournaments if she'd gotten past those players. That's in the past though, so it's important to look forward to when she will beat those players and make a few nice runs WTA level. :)