PDA

View Full Version : Jenna Bush marries at the Crawford ranch

Williamsser
May 10th, 2008, 01:03 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/img/2008/05/10/amd_jenna-henry-hager.jpg

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_world/2008/05/10/2008-05-10_jenna_bush__beau_set_for_downhome_i_dos_.html

Presidential friends and family descended on central Texas for Saturday night's super-private wedding of First Daughter Jenna Bush to Virginia native Henry Hager at the Bush family's 1,600-acre ranch in Crawford.

Jenna, 26, is expected to marry at sunset on the edge of a lake, and aside a giant cross constructed for the event. The altar, made of Texas limestone, is rumored to have cost the President several thousand dollars.

The bride will wear a dress by Oscar de la Renta, the preferred designer of the First Lady. It is reportedly sheer organza with embroidery and matte beading.

Dress details have been kept under wraps until Saturday so that Hager, 30, who hails from a prominent political family, will be surprised when his bride walks down the aisle.

Jenna's twin, Barbara, will serve as maid of honor. She'll wear a "moonstone blue" silk gown designed by Texas-born Lela Rose, made to match her eyes.

There will be 14 other bridal attendants, known in Texas as the "house party." They'll wear chiffon cocktail-length dresses in colors inspired by the Texas wildflowers in bloom on the ranch.

Dallas caterer Eddie Deen, who provided Texas-style barbecue favorites at Bush inauguration events, is rumored to be cooking for the guests at Saturday's pre-wedding BBQ luncheon.

With accommodations in Crawford scarce, "wedding central" is about 60 miles away in Salado.

The bridesmaids met Friday at the Stagecoach Inn in Salado for a girls-only lunch.

The President, who wedding planners estimate has spent over $100,000 on this "down-home" celebration, has been slipping fatherly gripes into his speeches.

"I had to face some very difficult spending decisions, and I've had to conduct sensitive diplomacy. That's called planning for a wedding," Bush joked in March.

Despite her mother's protestations, Jenna Bush did not want to have a lavish wedding in the White House.

"That's not really my personality. There's a glamour to it, I know, but Henry and I are far less glamorous than the White House," she told Vogue magazine.

An army of Secret Service agents and military aircraft will keep uninvited guests - and the paparazzi - away.

The couple first met during the 2004 presidential campaign. They grew close a year later while Hager worked for former White House political guru Karl Rove.

The bride accepted Hager's proposal last August, during an early-morning hike on Cadillac Mountain in Maine.

Hager proposed with a round diamond engagement ring that belonged to his maternal great-grandmother. It was reset between two sapphires.

When Hager asked permission to wed Jenna, the President replied: "Done deal."

Sam L
May 10th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Congrats to them both!

Infiniti2001
May 11th, 2008, 12:59 AM
http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/6851/jennabushrealpussypicsqi4.jpg
Congrats Jenna Bush :tape:

Williamsser
May 11th, 2008, 01:07 AM
Jenna Bush picks 'You Are So Beautiful' for dance with Dad

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iuiiZXqKWI-OqXG4voXPx-RlDDKgD90J3TFG0

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Jenna Bush picked "You Are So Beautiful," the ballad made famous by Joe Cocker, for the father-daughter dance with President Bush at her wedding reception Saturday night in Texas, the band leader said.

Tyrone Smith of Nashville and his 10-piece party band, The Tyrone Smith Revue, were hired to play at the reception in Crawford.

The band was asked to do "Lovin' in My Baby's Eyes" by Taj Mahal for the newlyweds' first dance. Smith spoke to The Associated Press on Tuesday about the music plans, on the condition that the reporter honor a request by the Bush family not to release the information before the wedding.

Smith, who also played at one of the 2005 Bush inaugural balls at the Washington Convention Center, normally coaxes his audience members onstage to dance. He planned to make the president a target Saturday night.

"If he's around and the party's going, I'll get him up," Smith said. "I can't imagine him ducking out."

Smith planned to play "Celebration" by Kool & the Gang as the newlyweds arrived at the reception about 7 p.m. CDT in a tent on the 1,600-acre family ranch in Crawford. He said the band would play briefly, then break while the attendees have dinner, then resume and play until around 1 a.m.

"It'll be a 'get down' party," Smith promised.

The band planned to do its usual show, which normally includes covers of "Proud Mary," "Play That Funky Music," "Sweet Home Alabama," "Crazy in Love," "Hey Ya!," "Brick House," "I Heard It Through the Grapevine" and others.

"If anyone's in sight, I'll get them up onstage," Smith said.

Smith and his band have played at fraternity parties, nightclubs and weddings across the South for more than 20 years. He plays an average of two weddings a month.

Jenna Bush saw him play in Texas a few years ago and invited him to perform at the White House Christmas party in 2003, when he led those attending in a conga line through the State Floor. The president had already gone to bed.

Smith, also known as Super T, said he later received a voice mail from a White House secretary who told him it was "the party of the millennium."

Jenna Bush and her fiance, Henry Hager, got engaged in August after dating for several years. Hager has been a White House aide and worked on Bush's re-election campaign in 2004. His father is a former lieutenant governor of Virginia.

Smith, whose style onstage is a cross between James Brown and Michael Jackson, grew up in Memphis with Maurice White, who later co-founded Earth, Wind & Fire.

"It's very exciting to play for the (Bush) family a third time. I'm overwhelmed," Smith said.

mckyle.
May 11th, 2008, 01:08 AM
congratulations :D

kittyking
May 11th, 2008, 01:13 AM
Yay congrats!

whyme225
May 11th, 2008, 02:12 AM
http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/6851/jennabushrealpussypicsqi4.jpg
Congrats Jenna Bush :tape:

Is that jenna in that picture pulling off her draws?:eek: