PDA

View Full Version : Duggar Family Expecting 18th Child, Have Large Mother's Day

Infiniti2001
May 9th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Atlanta, GA 5/09/2008 03:03 PM GMT (FINDITT)
http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/7928/duggar18thchild12wc8.jpg
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/6747/ridiculouskg1.jpg

The Duggar family is expecting their 18th child in Tontitown, Arkansas as they embark on Mother's Day on Sunday.

Michelle Duggar, 41, announced that she is due on New Year's Day on the Today Show on Friday. The latest child will join seven sisters and 10 brothers. There are two sets of twins.

The Duggars' oldest child, Josh, is 20, and the youngest, Jennifer, is nine months old.

The Duggar family lives in Tontitown in northwest Arkansas in a 7,000-square-foot home. All the children are home-schooled and each child's name begins with a J.

The Duggar family is in the process of filming another series for Discovery Health. Their last three children's births were featuring on the Discovery Health channel. The details of the show are located on DiscoveryHealth.com.

Duggar is six weeks pregnant. She and her husband, Jim Bob Duggar, said that they will continue to have children for as long as they can.

Jim Bob Duggar is a former state legislator who served in the Arkansas House of Representatives from 1999 to 2002.

The other Duggar children, in between Joshua and Jennifer, are Jana, 18; John-David, 18; Jill, 16; Jessa, 15; Jinger, 14; Joseph, 13; Josiah, 11; Joy-Anna, 10; Jeremiah, 9; Jedidiah, 9; Jason, 7; James, 6; Justin, 5; Jackson, 3; and Johannah, 2.

http://www.transworldnews.com/NewsStory.aspx?id=46090&cat=14

:help: I hate to judge this woman, but to me this is a mockery of motherhood :help: My uterus ache for her:o

IceHock
May 9th, 2008, 04:36 PM
Well looks like they have money, so at least their well off, but my god 18 kids.

BigB08822
May 9th, 2008, 04:48 PM
That is too much. I bet they are so happy to have some of the kids getting to working age. They can start shelling out some money. I just can't WAIT until one of these kids is on the national news for being the rebellious one and getting into sex and drugs. Out of 18 kids, surely one will go wild and live it up! I smell a tell all book!

Sally Struthers
May 9th, 2008, 04:49 PM
what the hell does the woman do all day besides getting knocked up every few months and making a career out of it? :shrug:

Infiniti2001
May 9th, 2008, 04:50 PM
Well looks like they have money, so at least their well off, but my god 18 kids.

Having money is no excuse to act a fool :rolleyes: I don't care what these parents say, there is no way in bloody hell they have the time to give their children individual attention. I especially feel for the older kids, who have no choice but to help raise their young siblings. :help: UGH

Infiniti2001
May 9th, 2008, 04:52 PM
That is too much. I bet they are so happy to have some of the kids getting to working age. They can start shelling out some money. I just can't WAIT until one of these kids is on the national news for being the rebellious one and getting into sex and drugs. Out of 18 kids, surely one will go wild and live it up! I smell a tell all book!

I'm not waiting for any to rebel, but I can see it happening :shrug:

Sally Struthers
May 9th, 2008, 04:53 PM
I think I have seen them before on TLC or Discovery Channel. Their pantry looks like a grocery store :help:

Infiniti2001
May 9th, 2008, 04:58 PM
I think I have seen them before on TLC or Discovery Channel. Their pantry looks like a grocery store :help:

yeah, they've done some TV shows for a fee no doubt. I'm sorry, but these parents are downright selfish :help:

Pureracket
May 9th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Wow! That's a lot of kids. I wasn't the list bit surprised to see all the girls in dressess with long brownish hair either. They remind me of the Church of God people who used to live across town from us. We used to call them "saved."

Well, just like I support a woman's right to choose an abortion, I support a woman's right to have 18+ children.

Kart
May 9th, 2008, 05:34 PM
I hope this lady is practising her pelvic floor exercises on a regular basis.

Wannabeknowitall
May 9th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Lou Dobbs would be proud. :tape:

I'm sorry. That's too many children.
Stories like this make me realize that China really isn't off-base with some of its policies.
What really annoys me are the people that have septuplets and shit and then want handouts and a show on discovery.
Bitch noone told you to take that fertility drug like that.

Mrs. Peel
May 9th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Don't find this amusing one bit. Put a cap on it ffs. That's too many damn kids.

Expat
May 9th, 2008, 08:54 PM
as long as she can raise them without depending upon handouts
more power to them

whats truly bad is people refusing to take abortions if they can't raise their child

darrinbaker00
May 11th, 2008, 04:43 AM
as long as she can raise them without depending upon handouts
more power to them

whats truly bad is people refusing to take abortions if they can't raise their child
What's even worse is women who use abortion as a birth control device.

Expat
May 12th, 2008, 04:30 PM
What's even worse is women who use abortion as a birth control device.

i would think having abortions is way better than bringing an unwanted child into the world and not being able to take care of him/her
be careful but even the best preventive/contraceptive devices can't prevent pregnancy or AIDS 100% unless u r totally abstinent
and we all know how well abstinence works
it only leads to more pregnancies because sex is mostly unplanned for virginity pledge teenagers

Ryan
May 12th, 2008, 04:59 PM
No one NEEDS 18 kids, this is bullshit. I don't care if they can support the kids, the last thing the world needs is 18+ extra bodies to have trouble finding jobs and pollute the earth.

Wannabeknowitall
May 12th, 2008, 05:19 PM
No one NEEDS 18 kids, this is bullshit. I don't care if they can support the kids, the last thing the world needs is 18+ extra bodies to have trouble finding jobs and pollute the earth.

Spoken like a true Sierra Club member.

Ryan
May 12th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Spoken like a true Sierra Club member.

Sorry? :o I just think it's insane to have 18 kids when there aren't enough jobs for people around now.

Ryan
May 12th, 2008, 05:56 PM
I got your rep - I just don't know what you mean, never heard of the Sierra Club.

darrinbaker00
May 12th, 2008, 06:29 PM
i would think having abortions is way better than bringing an unwanted child into the world and not being able to take care of him/her
be careful but even the best preventive/contraceptive devices can't prevent pregnancy or AIDS 100% unless u r totally abstinent
and we all know how well abstinence works
it only leads to more pregnancies because sex is mostly unplanned for virginity pledge teenagers
I'm no medical professional, but I know women who have had five or six abortions, and all those procedures can't be good for a woman's reproductive system. If you don't want to have children, then don't get pregnant. Period.

darrinbaker00
May 12th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Which is worse: one family having 18 children they can support, or 18 families having one child they can't support?

mariahdg
May 12th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Toooooooo many children.
I have watched this family on discovery channel.
introduced the father is a estate agent, How about estate business after subprime mortgage crisis

Expat
May 12th, 2008, 06:40 PM
I'm no medical professional, but I know women who have had five or six abortions, and all those procedures can't be good for a woman's reproductive system. If you don't want to have children, then don't get pregnant. Period.
they wouldn't be healthy enough to support six pregnancies either in that case
no one is arguing that prevention is not better

saint2
May 12th, 2008, 07:08 PM

And??? You wanna forbid them making kids?

Pollute the air? :haha: :haha: :spit: <krztusi się piwem>

saint2
May 12th, 2008, 07:10 PM
Which is worse: one family having 18 children they can support, or 18 families having one child they can't support?

Familly's duty is not supporting kids, but preper them for adult life...

Infiniti2001
May 12th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Familly's duty is not supporting kids, but preper them for adult life...

I'll keep saying these parents are selfish :fiery: It really doesn't matter how much love is in the family, they're raising the kids to be anti-social. Their only life experience is being in a large family and only knowing that way of life. Forget friggin college, I especially feel sad for the girls :sad: when asked what they want to be when they grow up, they all replied, "to get married and have a lot of children." :rolleyes: Raising kids for the sole purpose of being spouses and parents is abnormal if you asked me :help:

*abby*
May 12th, 2008, 07:46 PM
am i missing something?
are the parents living off welfare?
are the children running riot?
are they being a drain on society?
no i didnt think so! as far as i can tell they are being raised in a loving environment where they are being well taken care of.
so what if theres loads of them? does it really matter?
i didnt read anywhere that the girls were being taught to get married and be housewives.
people complain when there are families living off benefits with children being unruly and here you have an example of parents doing a good job and youre still not happy!

saint2
May 12th, 2008, 07:55 PM
I'll keep saying these parents are selfish :fiery: It really doesn't matter how much love is in the family, they're raising the kids to be anti-social. Their only life experience is being in a large family and only knowing that way of life. Forget friggin college, I especially feel sad for the girls :sad: when asked what they want to be when they grow up, they all replied, "to get married and have a lot of children." :rolleyes: Raising kids for the sole purpose of being spouses and parents is abnormal if you asked me :help:

OMG, their kids=their property=their buisness.

Personally I think there are some positives of being raised in such a big families. Thos children will not get many atention from parents and will quickly learn how to carry about theirself. Will learn aboot responsibillity, individuality and economy. Thos kids will have an easier future than most of ballless wimps who were spoiled by parents in childhood...

Bijoux0021
May 12th, 2008, 08:06 PM
http://i31.tinypic.com/2eyf96x.jpg

WOW! They had 6 boys in a row.

Ryan
May 12th, 2008, 08:33 PM
And??? You wanna forbid them making kids?

Pollute the air? :haha: :haha: :spit: <krztusi się piwem>

Where did I say I would FORBID them from having kids, numnuts? I honestly think every post you make on this board is spiteful and insane.

saint2
May 12th, 2008, 08:36 PM
I honestly think every post you make on this board is spiteful and insane.

And pollutes the air...

Ryan
May 12th, 2008, 08:38 PM
And pollutes the air...

Well if your breath stinks half as bad as I think it does, you should be labeled a hazardous waste. :tape: