PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Democrats in the Campaign Piss Me Off

Pureracket
May 9th, 2008, 03:09 PM
:mad:

So, you have a problem with one of the candidates. Fine, most of us do. You have a problem with some of their supporters. Fine, Most of us do. You are not going to vote for the Democratic nominee because of some perceived insult on tennisforum(wtaworld)? Fuck You. Did I say that loud enough for you? FUCK YOU. I am so sick of this shit it's not even funny.

2 weeks ago my bf's mom had chest pains. She has diabetes and heart disease and we can't get health insurance for her because of her pre-existing conditions. She waited as long as she could in hopes that it would go away.(that in itself is a fucking crime) It didn't. We went to the emergency room. Luckily it turned out it was just a bad gastric attack. But it took blood tests, EKG's a Cat scan and visits from 2 doctors to figure it out. They wanted to keep her overnight just to be sure but we can't get health insurance so we opted to take her home. We got the bill. $7000 for 4 hours in the hospital.

My nephew has been taken from us for this war. He's in Iraq. Again. Oil? $120 a barrel. The dollar? All time low. Peoples homes are being foreclosed on. McCain's solution? WORK HARDER, TAKE A SECOND JOB. A second job? I'm a fucking editor, I already work 12-16 hours a day.

There are a couple of seats up for grabs on the Supreme Court in the next few years, and the mess that Bush has left us is going to take a generation to fix. Yet I have to come on tennisforums and listen to sanctimonious, self righteous bullshit about how some people will never vote for Obama or never vote for Clinton, because you don't like how their supporters are acting? Is this the mind of a liberal caring person?

Look, I'm asking for your help here. Vote for the goddamn Democrat, no matter who it is. If not for you for my family and all the other families like mine. Honest hard working people who are getting screwed. If you can't manage to stir up enough compassion for people in need then... please... go fuck yourself.

http://kiw.imgag.com/imgag/product/full/eu/3129502f.gif

:fiery:

Wannabeknowitall
May 9th, 2008, 03:23 PM
I guess fuck me then.
For every raction there's a reaction.
Now if it was just the internet but it's not.
There is a group of asshole offline.
I had to sit on the greyhound with an Obama organizer for two hours and he was on the phone talking for two hours about my neighborhood as if in 5 weeks he could read it inside and out.
The convo wasn't important but it's a defense mechanism.
He was uncomfortable around me, uncomfortable around a person he was suppose to get to vote for Obama.
That's the thing. I'm suppose to be for someone who a faction of a white demographic is only doing this because he's the perfect black man and well other black people I still feel a sense of "uncomfortability".
It's easier for me to deal with people who I know hate me or love me instead of dealing with :bs:.
So to sacrifice my well-being for something that is not in the least bit fisically realistic and even in an abstract sense.
Oh hell naw.
If Hillary loses the nomination, McCain I will vote.
And if this country goes to hell in a handbasket, I'm out.
Yall can all go to hell for all I fucking care.
I never claimed to be the bigger man, so if McCain does win, I guess some will learn their lesson on how to treat their fellow man.
Shit begets shit it seems.

Pureracket
May 9th, 2008, 04:17 PM
Anyone not voting for any candidate because of their "supporters"is either being disingenuous or is a first class idiot. (There, I said it).

It simply makes NO SENSE to take the words and actions of a few INDIVIDUALS and attempt to apply them to any group. You may as well find any other trait that is similar and judge based on that - everyone that wears Levi's is an asshole ("a guy in Levi's told me to fuck off yesterday!"), everyone in the Army is a jerk ("a bunch of guys in Army uniforms were rude to me!"), or even the same color skin.

I thought that the Democratic was moving AWAY from stereotypes, not searching for new ones.

Anyone that bases any portion of their vote on the words of a few supporters rather than the merits of the ACTUAL CANDIDATE needs to take a class in logic immediately.

There are assholes everywhere. Some support the same candidate as I do. Some wear the same types of shoes as I do. I am responsible for neither (nor are the candidates themselves), and to suggest otherwise is ludicrous. "No way am I voting for Steve because Mary is voting for Steve and she is a total bitch!" Face it, this attitude would have been lame and immature even in high school. Anyone that thinks like this needs to grow up. And the rest of us (no matter who we support) need to stop validating this fundamentally flawed thinking.

mykarma
May 9th, 2008, 04:18 PM

So, you have a problem with one of the candidates. Fine, most of us do. You have a problem with some of their supporters. Fine, Most of us do. You are not going to vote for the Democratic nominee because of some perceived insult on tennisforum(wtaworld)? Fuck You. Did I say that loud enough for you? FUCK YOU. I am so sick of this shit it's not even funny.

2 weeks ago my bf's mom had chest pains. She has diabetes and heart disease and we can't get health insurance for her because of her pre-existing conditions. She waited as long as she could in hopes that it would go away.(that in itself is a fucking crime) It didn't. We went to the emergency room. Luckily it turned out it was just a bad gastric attack. But it took blood tests, EKG's a Cat scan and visits from 2 doctors to figure it out. They wanted to keep her overnight just to be sure but we can't get health insurance so we opted to take her home. We got the bill. $7000 for 4 hours in the hospital.

My nephew has been taken from us for this war. He's in Iraq. Again. Oil? $120 a barrel. The dollar? All time low. Peoples homes are being foreclosed on. McCain's solution? WORK HARDER, TAKE A SECOND JOB. A second job? I'm a fucking editor, I already work 12-16 hours a day.

There are a couple of seats up for grabs on the Supreme Court in the next few years, and the mess that Bush has left us is going to take a generation to fix. Yet I have to come on tennisforums and listen to sanctimonious, self righteous bullshit about how some people will never vote for Obama or never vote for Clinton, because you don't like how their supporters are acting? Is this the mind of a liberal caring person?

Look, I'm asking for your help here. Vote for the goddamn Democrat, no matter who it is. If not for you for my family and all the other families like mine. Honest hard working people who are getting screwed. If you can't manage to stir up enough compassion for people in need then... please... go fuck yourself.

:worship::worship::worship:

samsung101
May 9th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Your relative volunteered for the service.
He can choose not to go where stationed, and take the penalty that
comes w/that. But, there isn't a draft anymore.

Price of oil...our #1 and #2 oil providers are CAnada and Mexico, not
the MIddle East.

As it is, the Democrats for 20 years have blocked efforts to drill for our
own oil offshore, in ANWAR, and in the interior of the nation. Hugo Chavez
and the Iranian leader are making dollars on each gallon around the world they
are part of, Exxon and Unocal, are making about 10 cents per gallon, the feds
and state are making about 80 cents per gallon....do the math.

As for your insurance issue with your friend, you leave out why they didn't
have insurance at all for years and years. They were given care, and that's
what the 'universal' healthcare plans are promising, just expanded existing
care providing. Not free. Your income and housing situation will still be
considered in how much your 'free' health care will be from the govt. Hope
she feels better.

The Supreme Court - yeah, that matters. We need a Supreme Court that rules on
the Constitution as it is, not legislating new laws as they would like to see it.
Is it Constitutional, that's their job, not how can we make a new law from the bench.

I can see why anyone would vote Democratic. I wouldn't bother to insult them. It's
just petty. But, it's also a one way ticket to higher taxes, a bigger federal govt.,
more rules, not less, and a foreign policy where your relative would likely be sent to
Darfur and Somalia or Pakistan, just as easily as Iraq or Afghanistan under a new
Democratic President bent on not being seen as a wimp by the world.

YOu do realize Bush expanded national care programs...yeah, I know that's not what we're
told by our media. He expanded programs to encompass more, not less. He took more people
off the tax rolls by removing their income levels from paying any taxes (Democrats taxed
social security income in the 90's). He expanded drug and prescription programs to make
it cheaper for more, which is why we now have Walmart and Ralphs offering lower cost drugs
for the first time. He increased military pay (before Iraq & Afghanistan). He increased
the cooperation between public and private assistance groups on purpose, before Katrina, because
private groups do things so much better than the govt. alone. Education, more minorities than
ever are in higher education facilites....and getting better reading scores in lower grades too.

Sorry, the govt. doesn't owe you or me anything, other than what the Const. deems it should -
security and freedom. Not a lower medical bill or a lower college bill or gas bill.

Vote for a Democrat if you want higher taxes (payroll, income, sales,property, etc.) down the line,
want the repeal of successful minor tax cuts that helped the entire tax paying population,
expanded regulation in all business, more abortions with pro-abortion judges and lawmakers and money,
and a bigger federal govt. employment roster - never to be fired employees doing less with more
money. Good times for all because we'll 'feel' better.

Pureracket
May 9th, 2008, 04:58 PM
*Pureracket beats samesong's double post*

Pureracket
May 9th, 2008, 05:02 PM
:worship::worship::worship:Ooookkkkayyy.....
For some "Democrats" here, it must be nice to have the luxury of worrying about faceless people hurting your feelings on message boards. I wonder how many of these people who threaten to vote for McCain because so and so on tennisforums hurt their feelings have to worry about important issues like normal fucking people? There are real people out there with real issues who don't give a good damn about your feelings being hurt on the internets and guess what..... why the fuck should they?! All this " be nice to me or else" I say take that and stick it because if you are in need of validation that bad, then you need to get the hell off of the internet and go talk to a professional. Seriously. :rolleyes:

BigB08822
May 9th, 2008, 05:15 PM
With all the time you spend on here kissing Obama's ass and bringing down Hillary, I would say you work a hell of a lot less than 12 hours a day! :rolleyes:

Williamsser
May 9th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Who pissed in your corn flakes this morning?

Pureracket
May 9th, 2008, 05:22 PM
With all the time you spend on here kissing Obama's ass and bringing down Hillary, I would say you work a hell of a lot less than 12 hours a day! :rolleyes:
You have a problem. You're upset because I deject your posts. I could be wrong, but I don't think you've ever read me say anything bad about Hillary.

Look @ the history of my posts.

However, I hope you read the OP carefully. I really like Obama, but I'm not one of the soft, nurturing Dems that you may read about. I'm not going to give you "a hug" for you to do the right thing in November. I don't care to "nurture you" or "win you over." The candidates speak for themselves.

I'll say it once, so listen carefully, Bo: If I said anything to personally upset or humiliate you, then I apologize. Sincerely. I hope you accept. If not, maybe you'll see me as the good person I am down the road.

What's more important during this political season, though, is seeing the difference between our candidates and McCain. We're not going to get anywhere by wallowing in self-pity because our candidate didn't win(whoever wins). We're talking about womens rights, Supreme Court justices, wars, education and healthcare.

We can kiss and make up later.

Wannabeknowitall
May 9th, 2008, 05:39 PM
It's not a stereotype if there's some truth to it.
If I've given the democrats the opportunity to be sensible and they're not, that's not going to make me or others like me change my ideology.
I have only met one person outside of my family who could talk to me as a person about the issues at hand with this race without feeling as if I'm inferior for my opinions.
That I'm not an idiot, Uncle Tom, etc.
That attitude goes a long way.
If there were more people out there like Donna Brazile who can mediate and to some degree understand where some Hillary supporters and Reagan democrats are coming from then yes the attitude that 30% of these people have would be unreasonable.
But the fact that 30%, which would be about 5 million people feel their vote isn't being respected by democrats should say alot about some sort of interaction.

The implications of Obama supporters by media and by Obama supporter themselves is that Hillary supporters lack the intelligence of an Obama supporter.
Problem is that doesn't mean we lack common sense.
And the common sense of it is that Obama will not unite this country.
That a lot of Obama's policies will not go thru.
That although one person can say they voted against this war, the democratic party in whole has had the opportunity time and time again to stop payment on this war and haven't and potentially makes them just as guilty as the Republicans.
He's not the best thing since slice bread.
And some people need more than hope to vote for someone, we need to see reality not a lionizing of a person that hasn't been this extreme since Churchill or Roosevelt.
If we don't find reality in Obama, we can get it somewhere else which is why I agree fully with Jesse ventura.
The two-party system is killing this country and that's why I'm an independent.

Wannabeknowitall
May 9th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Vote for a Democrat if you want higher taxes (payroll, income, sales,property, etc.) down the line,
want the repeal of successful minor tax cuts that helped the entire tax paying population,
expanded regulation in all business, more abortions with pro-abortion judges and lawmakers and money,
and a bigger federal govt. employment roster - never to be fired employees doing less with more
money. Good times for all because we'll 'feel' better.

This is the reality of the situation.
The countries with the best health care in the world have the highest taxes.
The majority of Americans right now detest even paying the taxes that we have now.

So I see no point in trying to :bs: people and saying that taxes won't go up for everyone because they will.

This is why I like Al Gore.
He doesn't sugarcoat it. He doesn't go oh we can get off the dependence of oil and gasoline without big sacrifices.
No he makes sure you know that it's going to be sacrifices.
And again the majority of Americans aren't willing to make those sacrifices.

And everyone knows about never to be fired employers in government jobs.
That's why I want one. :lol:

jbone_0307
May 9th, 2008, 06:31 PM
WAHHH WAHH! Cry me a fucking river!! GO MCCAIN!!!!

Berlin_Calling
May 9th, 2008, 06:51 PM
i respect your choice to vote Obama, but im voting McCain

Pureracket
May 9th, 2008, 06:52 PM
WAHHH WAHH! Cry me a fucking river!! GO MCCAIN!!!!*whew* There's one psycho the Democratic party won't have to answer for.

Either way, we'll wrap this up soon, and we'll come together as a party.

whyme225
May 9th, 2008, 07:03 PM

You said it all in this post. I really felt your pain reading this post....it is so true especially with our health care system.

Wannabeknowitall
May 9th, 2008, 08:12 PM
You know what pisses me off, everyone blaming things on the health system.

The health system does not pressure you to poison yourself.
That's a choice everyone of us makes.

This is a two way street. As I've mentioned before some of the best health care system have the highest taxes.
Do you know why some Scandanavian countries had to have better health systems?

The idea of butter and trans-fat became the rave by the 70s, so by the 90s a good portion of these people had every bad side effect you can think of from their arteries clogging.

You stop obesity in America we might be able to get a health care system that works.
If we don't stop obesity not even a perfect health care system would work here.

And it's not as if we can blame being poor on why we're poisoning ourselves either.
The biggest meal a day. Breakfast

A bowl of oatmeal. 35-40 cents. Less than a stamp.
A sausage Mcmuffin. 4-5 times more than the oatmeal but we would rather choose that sausage Mcmuffin over the oatmeal yet the oatmeal is cheaper and good for you. :weirdo:
Or we pick the 600 calorie overpreservative (which weaken the immune system) Honey Bun.

We never needed Activia before. Now we do.
Hint Hint. We're eating shit we're not suppose to.
So the question shouldn't be what the hell wrong is you, it should be what the hell is wrong with us.

~{X}~
May 9th, 2008, 10:22 PM
-sigh- This is America 2008 people. The government is run my Corporations, so no matter who wins, Democrat, Republican, its the same shit. Companies will make the decisions around here.

Universal Medicare? HA, when the pharmacutical companies allow that to happen, which would probably be never. Gas and Oil companies? They are raking in huge amounts of money.

Who supports lots of the government and who pays lots of the people in government, companies! Its all about Consumerism and Captilalism.

I'd still vote Democrat though, but honestly...the companies are the ones in charge. :tape:

samsung101
May 9th, 2008, 10:32 PM
The 'companies' donate funds to both parties.
Obama has taken a lot of money from oil companies.
He's taken money from trial lawyers.
He is not a 'new' politician, not a new kind of guy.
Speaks brilliantly. But, if you dissect his words,
he ain't saying much new.

Technically, McCain has not taken earmarks. Look that up.
He did want 'light' on financing, so he pushed McCain-Feingold.
A bill I hated because it does limit free speech. But, many
on the left love it.

If you look at his record, he is a guy with plenty of pro-Democratic
Party policy votes in it. Which he loves to remind people of.

Corporations and lobbyists do represent regular people too.
We are all special interest groups by - where we live, what we do
for a living, our hobbies and interests, kids, schools, health,
whatever. Most people work for companies or small business in
a particular field.

I look for a pro-life candidate.
That's McCain.
I look for a candidate who is a strict constitutionalist supporter,
that would be McCain.
I prefer tax cuts, to tax increases.
That's McCain.

I don't think someone who supports Obama is a loon, or wacked out of their mind.
They just disagree w/me. Which is fine. We can share common ideas, and still strongly
disagree on other issues.

Obama should win in a landslide. The house and senate should gain Democratic seats.

In 2010, I think the GOP will regain the House. They will not regain the SEnate for
a long, long time.

RVD
May 10th, 2008, 12:56 AM

:fiery:Pureracket, I empathize with you and certainly feel your pain.
We've lost a few relatives over the last 6 months. And given the fact that one was my mother-in-law who couldn't acquire the medical coverage that she needed due to pre-existing conditions, we know for a fact that she could have lived far longer.

As far as expecting sympathy or empathy from posters here, that is a losing battle.

Hell, I even had one poster outright LAUGH ("...OH-BOO-HOO_HOO...SO WHAT, PEOPLE IN YOUR FAMILY DIED...")
at the deaths in my family!! :eek: And I've sworn to never again post a reply to that sicko. :shrug:

I then had another poster PM me for calling the first poster out! :smash: :banghead: :scared:

But after some lengthy soul-searching, I realized that this site is nothing more than a place to connect with others, and unfortunately, a minor few of those "others" are gonna be sick individuals who only care to cause trouble and create strife. This site is simply a microcosm of the bigger world outside, and I'm sure (as your OP noted), that you've met some of those sick assholes already.

Just take a deep breath and concentrate on those post important to you. And don't worry about the 'other' things people post here.
It's what I've been doing, and I feel better for it. :wavey:

LeonHart
May 10th, 2008, 01:03 AM
Breaking news: A California superdelegate is selling his vote for 20million dollars. What has this primary turn into :p

LeonHart
May 10th, 2008, 01:24 AM
But a serious post...yes I agree. Republicans have ran our country dry. We're definitely going to be behind the likes of China and Russia in the next coming years. Technology-wise, we're already like a decade behind Japan. It's going to get worse. I think to myself: We need a democrat in the house to turn this around. Obama wasn't the man I had in mind...he roughly had 1 year in the senate before he decided to run for president. As for McCain, god knows how long he's been in politics. So I'm definitely split.

*JR*
May 10th, 2008, 01:41 AM
I'm suppose to be for someone who a faction of a white demographic is only doing this because he's the perfect black man and well other black people I still feel a sense of "uncomfortability".
This sounds like the dumbest "logic" on the race I've ever read. :confused: That because many whites have designated Barack as "the good black" (like Sidney Portier in Guess Who's Coming To Dinner) you'll "show them" by voting the other way? (Including for McCain if need be). :rolleyes:

kittyking
May 10th, 2008, 01:45 AM
I'm not going to start a fight in here on the Health care issues because I think both Universal Health Care and Compulsary Health Insurance has their good points. Whats bad is when you pay for Universal Health Care and then end up having to buy Health Insurance as well simply to have lifesaving surgery. This is the case in New Zealand and I'm not just speaking about what I hear in the local media, but I'm also talking about experiences of friends and family. My sister lost her baby last year which in a large part can be blamed on a having to wait too long for a previous surgery. Your President needs to have a clear plan on how to make Universal Health Care or Compulsary Health Insurance actually work. So far both Barack and John fail on this very important issue.

Wannabeknowitall
May 10th, 2008, 01:51 AM
This sounds like the dumbest "logic" on the race I've ever read. :confused: That because many whites have designated Barack as "the good black" (like Sidney Portier in Guess Who's Coming To Dinner) you'll "show them" by voting the other way? (Including for McCain if need be). :rolleyes:

*JR* I could care less what you think about me anymore.
You've clearly said what you think about me which makes me even wonder why the hell you continue to send me reps that go against your aggressive stature that I use dumb logic.

The point I was trying to make from the example which is just one of many is that the whole thing is a big farce.
And I've mentioned this stance before in PMs to you on other race issues.
So it's not like this is something you've never heard.
It's just now you seem to not like what you're hearing.

And to answer your question about Nutter.
I never voted for Michael Nutter in Philadelphia, I refused to.
One his policies are unconstituional.
Two he's one ugly mofo. I'm human. Attractiveness is a slight factor and if Obama was running for mayor of Philadelphia against Michael Nutter, I would have vote for Obama.
I would have preferred Dwight Evans who showed in West Oak Lane that he does have the ability to change this city "one block at a time".

But since the city of Philadelphia did pick Nutter, I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt and give him six months to show me what he really can bring to the table.
After five months, it's the same old shit excluding the spring cleaning that he got some Philadelphians to get involved in.

Wannabeknowitall
May 10th, 2008, 02:07 AM
As far as expecting sympathy or empathy from posters here, that is a losing battle.

Hell, I even had one poster outright LAUGH ("...OH-BOO-HOO_HOO...SO WHAT, PEOPLE IN YOUR FAMILY DIED...")
at the deaths in my family!! :eek: And I've sworn to never again post a reply to that sicko. :shrug:

I then had another poster PM me for calling the first poster out! :smash: :banghead: :scared:

But after some lengthy soul-searching, I realized that this site is nothing more than a place to connect with others, and unfortunately, a minor few of those "others" are gonna be sick individuals who only care to cause trouble and create strife. This site is simply a microcosm of the bigger world outside, and I'm sure (as your OP noted), that you've met some of those sick assholes already.

Just take a deep breath and concentrate on those post important to you. And don't worry about the 'other' things people post here.
It's what I've been doing, and I feel better for it. :wavey:

You know for someone who has me on ignore, you talk about me more than then you did when you actually didn't. :lol: It's hilarious.

This is my viewpoint. I've shared intimate thing about myself on this board and the response from some people like you is to call me names and tell me that I'm full of shit.

And then when you share something intimate about yourself you expect that same person to then sympathize with whatever intimate things you deem to show just to make a point.
Umm. No.

If you're going to be a cold-hearted bitch then expect a cold hearted bitch response back.
And I didn't laugh at a relative dieing. I just really didn't care like I really don't care about whatever sob story Pureracket has to offer.

It doesn't make me sick. It makes me practical.
Why would I waste time on emotions for someone who has shown at every path to not be able to empathize with anything initmate I bring to the table.

It's kinda like expecting Star Jones to empathize with whatever negative thing Barbara Walters has going on in her life. :lol:

LeonHart
May 10th, 2008, 03:00 AM
Analysis: 'Hillary Democrats' could be up for grabs

By NEDRA PICKLER, Associated Press Writer 2 hours, 10 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - With the racially tinged Democratic race drawing to an awkward close, Barack Obama and John McCain face the challenge of winning over "Hillary Democrats" the white, working-class voters who favored the former first lady over Obama's historic candidacy.

http://us.bc.yahoo.com/b?P=wjTFaEWTVvolRteOSCPNqgXDR71foUgk_1YAC7vu&T=1dku596mh%2fX%3d1210384214%2fE%3d8903521%2fR%3dn ews%2fK%3d5%2fV%3d2.1%2fW%3dH%2fY%3dYAHOO%2fF%3d39 35213691%2fH%3dY2FjaGVoaW50PSJuZXdzIiBjb250ZW50PSJ EZW1vY3JhdGljO3doaXRlO2VsZWN0aW9uO1JlcHVibGljYW47R mxvcmlkYTtJdDtEZW1vY3JhdDtCaWxsIENsaW50b247QW1lcml jYTtXaGl0ZTtJcmFxO2hlYWx0aCBjYXJlO2l0O0pvaG4gS2Vyc nk7cG9saXRpY3M7cmVmdXJsX3d3d195YWhvb19jb20iIHJlZnV ybD0icmVmdXJsX3d3d195YWhvb19jb20iIHRvcGljcz0icmVmd XJsX3d3d195YWhvb19jb20i%2fQ%3d-1%2fS%3d1%2fJ%3dD7519345&U=13b04b4cc%2fN%3dGPP3MUWTWUg-%2fC%3d654525.12529818.12876378.1442997%2fD%3dLREC %2fB%3d5113072
Obama and McCain clearly have set their sights on each other, a recognition of the long odds Clinton faces in trying to capture the Democratic presidential nomination. The McCain campaign figures some of her supporters might be up for grabs and won't necessarily vote Democratic in the general election in November.

"I've been saying for a year that you never count a Clinton out, but now people are laughing at me so I guess I've got to stop," McCain strategist Charlie Black said Friday. "But if you look at the blue-collar Democratic votes that Mrs. Clinton's been getting and then look at their opinions of

Obama in these public polls, there's clearly an opportunity for McCain."
Clinton won more than two-thirds of the white voters without college degrees in the last three primaries Pennsylvania, North Carolina and Indiana according to exit polls conducted for The Associated Press and the television networks. When those Clinton supporters were asked who they would vote for in an Obama-McCain matchup, just fewer than half said they would support Obama. Three in 10 said they would vote for McCain and the rest said they wouldn't vote for either.

Shrugging off those numbers, Obama spokesman Bill Burton expressed confidence that Democratic voters will unite behind the nominee. He argued that the Illinois senator also would attract "droves of independent voters and disaffected Republicans that he has already won over all across the country."

Clinton is trying to use her advantage with white working-class voters to persuade party leaders to disregard Obama's overall advantage at the ballot and nominate her. Her campaign circulated a letter Friday from 16 members of Congress arguing she's the strongest candidate to have at the top of the ticket in the fall because she has won most rural and suburban congressional swing districts.

Clinton told USA Today in an article published Thursday that AP exit polls "found how Senator Obama's support among working, hardworking Americans, white Americans, is weakening again, and how whites in both states who had not completed college were supporting me."
"There's a pattern emerging here," she said.

Republican pollster Whit Ayres said that based on focus groups he has conducted in swing states, including Missouri, Michigan and Florida, Clinton's claim that she would do better than Obama with blue-collar white voters is believable.

He said those voters support her because of the prosperous economic times they experienced when her husband was president. He also said they are uncomfortable with Obama because of his relationship with the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, who created a furor with his divisive comments, and questions about Obama's patriotism.
"It's cultural," Ayres said.

The older those voters are, the more likely they are to support Clinton. Whites without college degrees under 30 support Obama, although to a lesser extent than the college educated.

In the general election, Democrats trying to attract white, working-class voters immediately start at a disadvantage. The party's presidential candidates have not won a majority of white voters in more than three decades, according to exit polls over the years. The only Democrat to come close was Bill Clinton, who lost to Bob Dole among whites by 3 percentage points in 1996 and to President George H.W. Bush by 1 point in 1992.
This year, whites who do not have college degrees lean slightly toward the GOP, according to an Associated Press-Yahoo News survey conducted last month, with 43 percent calling themselves Republicans and 38 percent considering themselves Democrats.

Ruy Teixeira, author of "America's Forgotten Majority: Why the White Working Class Still Matters," said Democrats have a better chance of winning more votes from this demographic this year because of the troubled economy, the war in Iraq and rising health care costs and millions who remain uninsured.

"These are voters who haven't been doing too well throughout the whole Bush administration and now are really sort of beside themselves, don't have a lot of faith in the Republican brand of economic management," said Teixeira, a Democrat not supporting either Obama or Clinton. "The question is can McCain push other issues in such a way as to prevent the Democrats from taking advantage of their built-in advantage on the issues that are going to be current in this election."

Black said if McCain is to win over any "Hillary Democrats," he'll have to work for them and earn them, and he plans to do that.
"I think you'll see particularly his economic message and his health care message in very populous terms, and that he'll be talking to and meeting with people in that category," Black said. "A lot of these voters are conservative. A lot of them believe in a strong national defense."
They also believe in their guns, said strategist Mudcat Sanders, who advises Democrats on rural issues.

"He's got one thing he's got to do and he's got to say it clearly. He's got to say, `I'm not going to take anybody's gun,'" Sanders said. Obama has done that at times, such as when he was campaigning for Western voters. "It's not a litmus test. It shows you are in line with the culture."
Sanders said if Obama does that and spends time getting to know rural voters, he can win them over.

"He's got to embrace the culture is what he's got to do," Sanders said. "The boy's IQ looks like Pete Rose's liftime batting average. It's off the charts. But at the same token, that comes off to us as big city. The big city thing John Kerry never could shake, I think, is Obama's problem right now. But I think he can get those voters and lot more if he just gets out there among the people so they can get to know him."

----

Sadly I feel like I'm in the same boat :sad:

LeonHart
May 10th, 2008, 03:02 AM
I'm not going to start a fight in here on the Health care issues because I think both Universal Health Care and Compulsary Health Insurance has their good points. Whats bad is when you pay for Universal Health Care and then end up having to buy Health Insurance as well simply to have lifesaving surgery. This is the case in New Zealand and I'm not just speaking about what I hear in the local media, but I'm also talking about experiences of friends and family. My sister lost her baby last year which in a large part can be blamed on a having to wait too long for a previous surgery. Your President needs to have a clear plan on how to make Universal Health Care or Compulsary Health Insurance actually work. So far both Barack and John fail on this very important issue.

Do you even know whats going on in the US? Why did you even start the anti-Hillary thread? :)

Black Mamba.
May 10th, 2008, 03:04 AM
-sigh- This is America 2008 people. The government is run my Corporations, so no matter who wins, Democrat, Republican, its the same shit. Companies will make the decisions around here.

Universal Medicare? HA, when the pharmacutical companies allow that to happen, which would probably be never. Gas and Oil companies? They are raking in huge amounts of money.

Who supports lots of the government and who pays lots of the people in government, companies! Its all about Consumerism and Captilalism.

I'd still vote Democrat though, but honestly...the companies are the ones in charge. :tape:

In The Zone
May 10th, 2008, 03:14 AM

He doesn't need to justify or explain his vote. People vote for much stupider reasons. And regardless, even if it's dumb, it's the same value as a "smart vote".

In The Zone
May 10th, 2008, 03:16 AM

:lol: :haha: :rolls: Sounds about right.

*JR*
May 10th, 2008, 03:34 AM
*JR* I could care less what you think about me anymore.
You've clearly said what you think about me which makes me even wonder why the hell you continue to send me reps that go against your aggressive stature that I use dumb logic.

The point I was trying to make from the example which is just one of many is that the whole thing is a big farce.
And I've mentioned this stance before in PMs to you on other race issues.
So it's not like this is something you've never heard.
It's just now you seem to not like what you're hearing.

And to answer your question about Nutter.
I never voted for Michael Nutter in Philadelphia, I refused to.
One his policies are unconstituional.
Two he's one ugly mofo. I'm human. Attractiveness is a slight factor and if Obama was running for mayor of Philadelphia against Michael Nutter, I would have vote for Obama.
I would have preferred Dwight Evans who showed in West Oak Lane that he does have the ability to change this city "one block at a time".

But since the city of Philadelphia did pick Nutter, I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt and give him six months to show me what he really can bring to the table.
After five months, it's the same old shit excluding the spring cleaning that he got some Philadelphians to get involved in.
I don't generally attack posters, but rather posts. Its you who insist on dividing eveything into pure good vs. pure evil. The thread starter is a staunch Obama supporter, but would vote for Hillary if she were (God forbid) the nominee. As would most. As will most of hers for Barack.

I'm the one OTOH who's able to say for example that while the cops who beat those guys on tape in Philly this week were completely unjustified, if their victims were indeed gangbangers who just shot someone, they should still face stiff justice.

Re. mayors of the City of Brotherly Love, I'm out in the boonies and will take your word that Nutter is imperfect. (Even Rendell was. Too "upper crust artsy type" oriented). Maybe the last great Mayor of Philly was Dick Dilworth, B4 I was even born.

Wannabeknowitall
May 10th, 2008, 03:53 AM
I don't generally attack posters, but rather posts. Its you who insist on dividing eveything into pure good vs. pure evil. The thread starter is a staunch Obama supporter, but would vote for Hillary if she were (God forbid) the nominee. As would most. As will most of hers for Barack.

I'm the one OTOH who's able to say for example that while the cops who beat those guys on tape in Philly this week were completely unjustified, if their victims were indeed gangbangers who just shot someone, they should still face stiff justice.

Re. mayors of the City of Brotherly Love, I'm out in the boonies and will take your word that Nutter is imperfect. (Even Rendell was. Too "upper crust artsy type" oriented). Maybe the last great Mayor of Philly was Dick Dilworth, B4 I was even born.

Well you clearly made an exception with me and it's something i won't forget anytime soon.

:lol: Pure good vs. pure evil. Again you seem to have me all figured out.

Bravo. Good for Pureracket. I won't. Hurray for me now.

Bravo. You have an opinion about the beating.
So do I. Hurray for me.

There is no clear right answer. But insist on making one with whatever topic that comes up.

Don't take my word when you know it means shit to you.
Like I've said with other posters don't do me any favors and some of them have gone about doing just that.

kittyking
May 10th, 2008, 06:51 AM
Do you even know whats going on in the US? Why did you even start the anti-Hillary thread? :)

Nope completely clueless ;)

Ryan
May 10th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Nope completely clueless ;)

Admitting it is the first step to getting better. :tape: Now if only there was a psychiatrist with enough patience to handle your drama and bitchiness.

ys
May 10th, 2008, 02:42 PM

I can feel your pain, feel you anger, man, but people have their own interest .. And that will define their choice.. Like .. take taxes.. my current total tax rate is currently above 40%. Do I want to pay even more? No, I don't. I will vote for a President that will promise just one thing - not to raise taxes.. The way it stands right now, with a either Democrat president the taxes will be raised..
There are more issues , of course..

griffin
May 10th, 2008, 05:32 PM
As someone who actually gave time AND money to Hillary's campaign I don't understand how anyone who supported her could vote for McCain.

The differences between Clinton's policy positions and Obamas are generally minor. The fact that someone who supported either would even THINK of voting for an older, crankier version of W instead says to me they're a bigot, a moron, or both.

harloo
May 10th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Well to be honest, I was planning on not voting in November for the first time since high school if Hilary was the nominee. My theory was that California is guaranteed for the party considering the monopoly they have on this state. However, I came to terms a while back that despite the actions of Hilary Clinton it would be a better option to vote for her despite my personal feelings. I could still vent out of frustration with some of the tactics she used during this race but when push came to shove I'd have to vote for her if she won the nomination.

I've heard co-workers state if Obama won the nomination they wouldn't vote for him in November and vice versa. I'm not offended by people taking sides at all because that's part of the process. However, I think it makes no sense to allow four more years of Bush into the White House because you've allowed personal feelings to overtake your decision.

At this point, I'm not sure any attempts to unite the party will work. It seems democrats are so invested in this contest that they fail to see the big picture. It's not who wins this contest but who takes the White House and reverses some of the bad things the Bush Administration has done. I am firmly against allowing Mccain to win the Presidency regardless of what happens in the Hilary/Obama saga. I hope democratic voters come to their senses.

ptkten
May 10th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Great post Pureracket I agree 100 percent, although it's easier to say this now that Obama's going to be the nominee ;) But seriously, Clinton would be MUCH better than McCain.

Anyway, just a side note I am SO tired of the media's obssession with Obama's "problem" with white working class voters. It's like their votes are valued more than others. I don't think I've heard one story about Hillary's problem of appealing to upper class voters and the problems it could cause in the general election.
The reality is that Obama appeals much more to educated independents and moderate Republicans and so he can lose some support among white working class voters and still poll as well if not better against McCain than Clinton but we never hear about this. We only hear that he's going to lose because white working class Clinton supporters won't vote for him, when they were never going to vote for him anyway.

Wannabeknowitall
May 10th, 2008, 06:46 PM
As someone who actually gave time AND money to Hillary's campaign I don't understand how anyone who supported her could vote for McCain.

The differences between Clinton's policy positions and Obamas are generally minor. The fact that someone who supported either would even THINK of voting for an older, crankier version of W instead says to me they're a bigot, a moron, or both.

Why do they have to be any of those. :lol:

That's just such disturbing attitude.
Some people don't like to be lied to.

McCain. I don't really have a health care plan but I can cut taxes. That's possible. We've seen it.
Obama. I have a health care plan. There's no way I can do it without raising some taxes for everyone but I'm going to say i can cut taxes anyway and see if you believe it.
I didn't believe it with Kerry, why the hell am I going to believe Obama now. :lol:
I'm suppose to lose all common sense for Barack Obama.

McCain. We're not getting out of Iraq anytime soon.
Obama. We can get out in 6 months even though it took 2 years for us to get out the first time.

Obama. I can unite this country.
McCain. I can't and I'm not going to say I can.
Because for me to say that is not understand that we're dealing with 250 years of slavery for blacks and 150 years of marginalizig for all minorities.
I can't fix that.

Obama. I can make America look good to the rest of the world again.
McCain. It's going to take at least 50 years to make up for the 50 years of shit we've caused in this world.

Wannabeknowitall
May 10th, 2008, 08:46 PM

I agree but I'm just going to vote McCain.
Here's the thing.
Obama is like a new wrapper on something from Taco Bells.
It has the same ingredients as before, the only difference is the wrapper.

That wrapper is not going to stop me from having the runs.
It's the same shit. The same kind of shit with the same results.

*JR*
May 10th, 2008, 09:20 PM
I agree but I'm just going to vote McCain.
Here's the thing.
Obama is like a new wrapper on something from Taco Bells.
It has the same ingredients as before, the only difference is the wrapper.

That wrapper is not going to stop me from having the runs.
It's the same shit. The same kind of shit with the same results.
In fact (re. "dumbest logic in a post about the race") I attacked "the post, not the poster", but you seem determined to convince everyone that you're indeed a dumbfuck. If you supported the war, I'd strongly disagree, but only be able to ask my usual: "So when RU volunteering?"

But you don't, you just want to beat up on Barack (on the surface for maybe ovapromising on that and other issues, though @ least he's setting a high bar for himself). But underneath it seems more like: "I am too black! And I'm the only black here who can think for myself". :rolleyes:

abercrombieguy23
May 10th, 2008, 09:23 PM
Can we also explain two differences between Obama & McCain that will tilt a lot of people
Left wing economic policy vs. Right wing economic policy
& based on polling..the economy is the number one issue

Wannabeknowitall
May 10th, 2008, 09:42 PM
In fact (re. "dumbest logic in a post about the race") I attacked "the post, not the poster", but you seem determined to convince everyone that you're indeed a dumbfuck. If you supported the war, I'd strongly disagree, but only be able to ask my usual: "So when RU volunteering?"

But you don't, you just want to beat up on Barack (on the surface for maybe ovapromising on that and other issues, though @ least he's setting a high bar for himself). But underneath it seems more like: "I am too black! And I'm the only black here who can think for myself". :rolleyes:

I don't support the war in Iraq because there's worse men in this world than Saddam Hussein.
But since we attacked a sovereign nation, we cannot just let it stay unstable because that's asking for someone worse than Saddam Hussein to control what really should be three separate nations.
I think we have more than enough bombs in the Middle East.

I don't want to beat up on Barack. There's just things about him I don't like and it has nothing to do with his race.
It has nothing to do with that either.
Agent_0 if I believe it to be true is black. I agree with what he seems to agree with in this thread so to say that I'm the only black here who can think for myself is a gross overexaggeration to say the least.
I'm not calling people dumbfucks, idiots, morons, Uncle Toms, whatever.
You want to vote for Barack fine.
I'm not going to pressure you in the least to vote for McCain.
But if you didn't feel that McCain could win this you wouldn't be acting as hostile.

That's what seems to scare some of you.

Joseph73
May 10th, 2008, 10:03 PM

McCain and to a lesser degree Hillary Clinton have experience.
Obama has none, especially not in foreign policy.

And that McCain is most definitely not some "version of W" is obvious.

*JR*
May 10th, 2008, 10:15 PM
I don't want to beat up on Barack. There's just things about him I don't like and it has nothing to do with his race.
It has nothing to do with that either.
Agent_0 if I believe it to be true is black. I agree with what he seems to agree with in this thread so to say that I'm the only black here who can think for myself is a gross overexaggeration to say the least.
I'm not calling people dumbfucks, idiots, morons, Uncle Toms, whatever.
You want to vote for Barack fine.
I'm not going to pressure you in the least to vote for McCain.
But if you didn't feel that McCain could win this you wouldn't be acting as hostile.

That's what seems to scare some of you.
I did NOT say that you're the only black who can think for yourself. (Just that you often ACT like thats the case. BIG difference). And as stated I don't go around calling others names, though I did with you once B4 in a thread that got out of control afterwards.

Which (like this time) was a pure response to your haughty attitude of some supposed great wisdom. I really don't know where the chip on your shoulder comes from, and don't much care. NOR do I wish to censor views I disagree with.

But when someone acts like most other posters' thought processes are inferior to yours because they disagree on an issue, yes I'll call them out on it. You only think you're intellectually superior to most other posters, you're really not.

And sure McCain might win (I certainly hope he doesn't) but that has nothing to do with my distaste for your attitude towards those here you disagree with. Which in your case often does include "attacking the poster as much as the post".

griffin
May 10th, 2008, 10:40 PM
Can we also explain two differences between Obama & McCain that will tilt a lot of people

And gas tax gimick aside, you think McCain is closer to Clinton's economic policy than Obama?

If you're a fan of right-wing economic policy, (what's not to love about racking up gazillions of dollars of national debt? :rolleyes: ) you had no business supporting Hillary.

If you liked HRC for anything beyond her ovaries and her skin color, Obama is a far better match.

Rocketta
May 10th, 2008, 11:34 PM
Great post Pureracket I agree 100 percent, although it's easier to say this now that Obama's going to be the nominee ;) But seriously, Clinton would be MUCH better than McCain.

Anyway, just a side note I am SO tired of the media's obssession with Obama's "problem" with white working class voters. It's like their votes are valued more than others. I don't think I've heard one story about Hillary's problem of appealing to upper class voters and the problems it could cause in the general election.
The reality is that Obama appeals much more to educated independents and moderate Republicans and so he can lose some support among white working class voters and still poll as well if not better against McCain than Clinton but we never hear about this. We only hear that he's going to lose because white working class Clinton supporters won't vote for him, when they were never going to vote for him anyway.

What I resent is how they put the term 'Hard working' in front of white working class as if the people who vote for Obama aren't hard working. :rolleyes:

mykarma
May 11th, 2008, 04:11 AM

Obviously they weren't voting for her because of her policies, it had to be for other reasons. :shrug:

mykarma
May 11th, 2008, 04:17 AM
McCain has said that he doesn't know about the economy.

mykarma
May 11th, 2008, 04:42 AM

Barack is an intelligent man, look at who he's surrounded himself with to run his campaign and look at how the more experienced Clinton ran her campaign.

No president makes decisions on their on, it's who they surround themselves with and Barack is by far the best at doing that. Look where he came from, look where he is now, look at all the money he's raised and has beat the best machine that the dems has ever had as far as I know.

. Hilary with all of her experience picked two campaign mgrs. that ran her campaign in the ground and she had to lend herself almost 12 mil. dollars and went from having this election in the bag to being desperate. With all of her experience she didn't even have a plan 'B' and had to stoop to mud slinging and waiting around to see if her opponent makes a mistake. That's what you get for experience. Also, Hillary has no more experience in the white house than Barbara Bush has. And if experience can include George Bush and Barack's cousin, shoot em up Cheney, then the hell with experience.

McCain with all of his experience can't even articulate whose a Sunni and whose a Shiite on more than one occasion. He has said that we could be in Iraq for 10 years and has admitted that the economy is his weak point. If this is what we get with experience then the hell with experience.

mykarma
May 11th, 2008, 04:46 AM
I did NOT say that you're the only black who can think for yourself. (Just that you often ACT like thats the case. BIG difference). And as stated I don't go around calling others names, though I did with you once B4 in a thread that got out of control afterwards.

Which (like this time) was a pure response to your haughty attitude of some supposed great wisdom. I really don't know where the chip on your shoulder comes from, and don't much care. NOR do I wish to censor views I disagree with.

But when someone acts like most other posters' thought processes are inferior to yours because they disagree on an issue, yes I'll call them out on it. You only think you're intellectually superior to most other posters, you're really not.

And sure McCain might win (I certainly hope he doesn't) but that has nothing to do with my distaste for your attitude towards those here you disagree with. Which in your case often does include "attacking the poster as much as the post".
Well said. :worship::worship::worship:

You got a good rep coming.

ys
May 11th, 2008, 04:54 AM
Well, guys, it is meaningless argument anyway.. We'll never convince each other, and more of fighting will only makes things worse, not better, and , also, I will never like any of you less because of your presidential vote.. We'll all vote for what we think is right, and the winner will be our next President. That's all I have to say on this subject .

drake3781
May 11th, 2008, 05:28 AM
I am one of the Hillary Democrats that is apparently going to be 'up for grabs'.

It is going to take a lot to get me to support Obama, the way I supported Clinton, Gore, and Kerry, actually working in their campaigns.

I don't like him - I think he is arrogant and underqualified, and his nomination will be a product of the same human foible that got W into power. And pre-determined by the media that apparently many Americans are watching. (Even my beloved NPR has shown continued bias toward him. :fiery: ) I like Michelle even less.

I'll never vote for McCain.

Obama lovers here on this board (as is the subject of the original post, I guess) have shown themselves to be extremely nasty people. Why? Don't bother answering, as it will be more nastiness. How dare you behave this way, then say, suck it up we will behave any way we please, as nasty as you like, but then it is only right that you support Obama.

I'll be VERY interested to see what transpires in the next few months. Consider me as not just myself, one person, but as the entire set of Hillary-supporting Democrats whose votes are needed to get this man into office. What are the answers (besides more nastiness, ultimatums, and pinning into corners)?

While the OP addresses the challenge to us, I see it the other way around.... persuade me, on my terms (or lose if you can't/won't). :shrug:

Wannabeknowitall
May 11th, 2008, 05:40 AM

:haha:
I only ask for some posters not to call people names for their voting habits when there could be other reasons for that voting habit besides stupidity and bigotry.
That's it.

I have never come on here stating that you must vote for Hillary or McCain nor have I pressured people into doing so.
I'm just sharing my views.
I just don't see Obama as others do. I see him as the politician just as Hilary and McCain.
You will not see me denying either is a liar or panderer.
You will not see me say that neither of them has a problem with a voting demographic.

I don't act as if my views are superior to anyone's.
That's what you perceive and as I've said before I don't give a fuck about what you perceive.
Obviously you're looking at the wrong posts.

It's hilarious. you're trying to spin something on me when it's clearly been you who has gone out of your way to come at me with :bs:.

Have I given you a rep. No.
Have initiated a PM. No.

Why do some people keep trying to figure me out? :lol:
And then get mad when I tell them they're wrong and now I have superiority complex.
How about you do yourself a favor and stop trying.

And it's very clear you took the low road.
I have two posts in a row.
One talks about the issues and one talks about where I stand.
You picked the one that gives you the opportunity to attack me.
Bravo. Way to show them you rarely attack posters.

Wannabeknowitall
May 11th, 2008, 05:53 AM
Well said. :worship::worship::worship:

You got a good rep coming.

And as usual mykarma, RVD, and Pureracket have more to say about who they assume I am (and you know what they say aboout that) on ignore than they ever did without it.
There's one thing to use a ignore to get away from a poster who you feel does nothing more than badgers you at every turn.
It's another to hide behind that ignore and continue to comment about that person.
It's the I'm better than you attitude that supposedly people try to spin on me. :lol:

mykarma
May 11th, 2008, 06:34 AM
I am one of the Hillary Democrats that is apparently going to be 'up for grabs'.

It is going to take a lot to get me to support Obama, the way I supported Clinton, Gore, and Kerry, actually working in their campaigns.

I don't like him - I think he is arrogant and underqualified, and his nomination will be a product of the same human foible that got W into power. And pre-determined by the media that apparently many Americans are watching. (Even my beloved NPR has shown continued bias toward him. :fiery: ) I like Michelle even less.

I'll never vote for McCain.

Obama lovers here on this board (as is the subject of the original post, I guess) have shown themselves to be extremely nasty people. Why? Don't bother answering, as it will be more nastiness. How dare you behave this way, then say, suck it up we will behave any way we please, as nasty as you like, but then it is only right that you support Obama.

I'll be VERY interested to see what transpires in the next few months. Consider me as not just myself, one person, but as the entire set of Hillary-supporting Democrats whose votes are needed to get this man into office. What are the answers (besides more nastiness, ultimatums, and pinning into corners)?

While the OP addresses the challenge to us, I see it the other way around.... persuade me, on my terms (or lose if you can't/won't). :shrug:
If that ain't the pot calling the kettle black. :lol:

RVD
May 11th, 2008, 10:12 AM

And sure McCain might win (I certainly hope he doesn't) but that has nothing to do with my distaste for your attitude towards those here you disagree with. Which in your case often does include "attacking the poster as much as the post".:haha: :haha: *JR*, that's not a chip. Those are panties-in-a-box. :haha: :haha:

Ryan
May 11th, 2008, 04:03 PM
This is just a dirty circlejerk thread for black Obama supporters. :tape:

harloo
May 11th, 2008, 04:15 PM

And what exactly is your contribution to this thread?:o

Thought so.

Pureracket
May 11th, 2008, 04:25 PM
This is just a dirty circlejerk thread for black Obama supporters. :tape:Now, you're beginning to show your immaturity(again). Seriously, it's so obvious that you want attention, but voices like yours will almost always be in the fringes and on the margins of society looking in.

*JR*
May 11th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Oops, I forgot to put the shoe polish on my face this morning. :p

Ryan
May 11th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Now, you're beginning to show your immaturity(again). Seriously, it's so obvious that you want attention, but voices like yours will almost always be in the fringes and on the margins of society looking in.

:lol: ROTF. Alright Pure, whatever you think. A white male, who is liberal/democrat, will almost always have more "voice" than a black female. :shrug: But if that makes you sleep at night, whatever.

woosey
May 11th, 2008, 06:13 PM
this country will get the great or lowly leader it deserves.

obama will prevail. believe.

mykarma
May 11th, 2008, 06:16 PM
:lol: ROTF. Alright Pure, whatever you think. A white male, who is liberal/democrat, will almost always have more "voice" than a black female. :shrug: But if that makes you sleep at night, whatever.
How did you come up with that response from Pure's response to your post, translation please.:eek:

woosey
May 11th, 2008, 06:16 PM
McCain has said that he doesn't know about the economy.

no. he said he doesn't understand economics, as well as he should.:lol:

woosey
May 11th, 2008, 06:32 PM

foreign policy "experience" is not as relevant as you think.

neither bill clinton or ronald reagan had foreign policy experience prior to taking office.

sometimes what's more important is who the president chooses to surround him/herself with. w. bush has surrounded himself with people who engage in cold war rhetoric and thinking. they are so steeped in the past and in old ways of doing things, they do not recognize how the landscape of the world has changed.

even the american intelligence community is behind the times - as evidenced by the constant faulty intelligence stemming in part from complacency and the belief that the enemy was gone and that new enemies could not attack or cause you problems.

so, based on age, mccain, and to a lesser extent hillary (i think her resume is bloated) can claim they have experience. but the question is, is it the thinking that has developed from their experiences what you want to base your foreign policy on?

in particular, mccain's vision on the world is not as nuanced as i'd like it to be. the best thing i can say about him is that at least he acknowledged the real reason we were over in iraq - to secure our oil interests.

meyerpl
May 11th, 2008, 08:35 PM
foreign policy "experience" is not as relevant as you think.
neither bill clinton or ronald reagan had foreign policy experience prior to taking office.

sometimes what's more important is who the president chooses to surround him/herself with. w. bush has surrounded himself with people who engage in cold war rhetoric and thinking. they are so steeped in the past and in old ways of doing things, they do not recognize how the landscape of the world has changed.

even the american intelligence community is behind the times - as evidenced by the constant faulty intelligence stemming in part from complacency and the belief that the enemy was gone and that new enemies could not attack or cause you problems.

so, based on age, mccain, and to a lesser extent hillary (i think her resume is bloated) can claim they have experience. but the question is, is it the thinking that has developed from their experiences what you want to base your foreign policy on?

in particular, mccain's vision on the world is not as nuanced as i'd like it to be. the best thing i can say about him is that at least he acknowledged the real reason we were over in iraq - to secure our oil interests.Indeed. If all we're looking for is foreign policy "experience", why look any further than Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld?

mykarma
May 11th, 2008, 08:46 PM
no. he said he doesn't understand economics, as well as he should.:lol:
I'm sorry, you're right. And if Hillary doesn't make it they'll vote for McCain. :lol: The world already agrees that we're nuts for voting for Bush a second term and now, we have people that will vote for someone that admits he's weak when it comes to the economy, keep the troops in Iraq, and it's rumored that he has an unbelievable temper which scares the shit out of me. .