PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay to play Eastbourne

Nikki
May 8th, 2008, 07:24 PM
I saw on my local news that Lindsay is confirmed to play again at Eastbourne this year.:bounce: I may get tickets.

http://www.lta.org.uk/Newsroom/GeneralNews/GeneralNews2008/080508Eastbourne.htm?BSMGuid=2acaa8e9-3707-4b0c-98c5-343e7cbbdea1

Former Wimbledon Champions Lindsay Davenport and Amelie Mauresmo will return to Eastbourne this summer to take part in the International Women’s Open from 14th-21st June (box office 01323 412 000).

Davenport and Mauresmo who have both been ranked number one in the world have had success on previous visits to Eastbourne. Davenport won the title in 2001 while Mauresmo finished runner up in last year’s event and won the doubles title with Svetlana Kuznetsova in 2006.

Lindsay Davenport returned to the WTA tour in 2007 after an 11 month absence while having her first child. The former world number one has won 55 Tour singles titles so far in her career including the US Open in 1998, Wimbledon in 1999 and the Australian Open in 2000. Since her return to the tour Davenport has won titles in Auckland, Memphis, Bali and Quebec City and is currently ranked 24th in the world.

Amelie Mauresmo has consistently been one of the best players on the women’s tour over the last decade finishing in the top 20 for nine consecutive years. Mauresmo has won 24 career singles titles including the Australian Open and Wimbledon in 2006. This year Mauresmo has reached Tour quarter finals in Australia, Paris, Dubai and Amelia Island.

Gavin Fletcher, International Women’s Open Tournament Director said: “Amelie and Lindsay are truly world class players and both very popular with the fans so it is fantastic news that they will be in Eastbourne this summer. Eastbourne regularly attracts the best players in the world and it looks like this year will be no exception with more names set to be announced over the coming weeks.”

In April the LTA announced that from 2009 Devonshire Park would host a combined international men’s and women’s event with the men’s event currently held in Nottingham being moved to Eastbourne.

Tickets are currently on sale for the International Women’s Open which takes place at Devonshire Park, Eastbourne and offers sports fans an opportunity to watch world class tennis. Ticket information is available from the box office on 01323 412 000. Qualifying for the International Women’s Open begins on 14th June with main draw matches taking place between 16th-21st June

Lindsayfan32
May 8th, 2008, 11:44 PM
Thanks for posting this Nikki I was hoping Lindsay would play a tournament before Wimbledon. It will do Lindsay good to play some matches before Wimbledon. if you've never seen Lindsay play live do yourself a favour and get tickets as it's something you have to do once before she retires for good.

Elldee
May 9th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Tempting. Verrrrrry tempting.

It's a saturday final, right? so if I went monday tuesday I'd see LD, right? I want to see her on the practice court and hang out with her.

Lindsayfan32
May 9th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Tempting. Verrrrrry tempting.

It's a saturday final, right? so if I went monday tuesday I'd see LD, right? I want to see her on the practice court and hang out with her.

Be careful Grand Slam you might be mistaken for a stalker :);)

Nikki
May 9th, 2008, 02:29 PM
I saw her play here in 2001 & saw her practice. She is a hard grafter. I did have tickets for the following year but she was knocked out the day before I went.

Dave.
May 9th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Great news. I hope she can do well there. It would also be good to play some doubles at Eastbourne aswell.

I saw her play here in 2001 & saw her practice. She is a hard grafter. I did have tickets for the following year but she was knocked out the day before I went.

Ahh, you're reffering to the loss to Farina-Elia. :o

hurricanejeanne
May 9th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Lindsay playing on grass again. :hearts:

Elldee
May 9th, 2008, 10:12 PM
Great news. I hope she can do well there. It would also be good to play some doubles at Eastbourne aswell.

Aha, which inspired the 'never again' to eastbourne comment... glad she is tho... hopefully we'll have a summer and everything

Lindsayfan32
May 10th, 2008, 12:47 AM
when Lindsay has played Eastbourne she has done really well or lost early. I hope this time Lindsay does really well and then goes on and kicks some butt a Wimbledon.

Lindsayfanumber1
May 10th, 2008, 12:58 AM
:D
Great news :)

brayster87
May 10th, 2008, 04:03 AM
Great to see she is playing a tournament before Wimbledon :)

ElusiveChanteuse
May 11th, 2008, 05:38 AM
:banana:

Destiny
May 11th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Great yeah
might be going and would love to see her

LindsayfanTV
May 11th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Fantastic news ~ I have tickets for the Thursday, Friday and Saturday ~ I will have to go the whole week now! :bounce::hearts::hearts:

Farina Elia Fan
May 11th, 2008, 01:21 PM

:p

I remember following it on live scoring :lol: What a tight match :worship:

The pics of Silvia after winning match point are :hearts:

Olórin
May 11th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Great news! Im going so hopefully I'll see her! :D

The Daviator
May 11th, 2008, 04:47 PM
:D The more tournaments Linds plays the better :bounce: