PDA

View Full Version : star jones vs barbara walters is getting ugly now...

Sally Struthers
May 7th, 2008, 10:49 PM
I saw Barbara on Oprah the other day and was surprised at how frank she was about how things went down on the View with Star and Rosie in her new book. I just saw this:

In the book, Walters claims Jones forced her to lie about her gastric bypass surgery on "The View." Walters also reveals that she had an affair with then-married Senator Edward Brooke during the 1970s.

"It is a sad day when an icon like Barbara Walters, in the sunset of her life, is reduced to publicly branding herself as an adulterer, humiliating an innocent family with accounts of her illicit affair, and speaking negatively against me all for the sake of selling a book," Jones told Us. "It speaks to her true character."

:o damn lol

Wannabeknowitall
May 7th, 2008, 11:00 PM
You know Star was not going to let that go. :lol:

And I'm happy someone stood up to that wicked pompous bitch of the East.
Even if it was a women who had to marry a gay man to get some play.

Sally Struthers
May 7th, 2008, 11:19 PM
I don't know why Star was so secretive about the gastric bypass. It's not like it wasn't totally obvious to everyone.

Denise4925
May 7th, 2008, 11:55 PM
Why does Starr have to tell her business about the medical procedures she has? Regardless of how obvious it was, she was under no obligation to reveal what she did and neither was anyone else. There is a such thing called the Privacy Act.

How does Barbara look at it as being forced to lie? If a friend tells you something in confidence, you shouldn't tell what they told you. That has nothing to do with lying.

Barbara is no better than Starr or any famewhore. It's all about Barbara, and that fake crying on TV was so scripted. Like she didn't know what Oprah was going to ask. :rolleyes: Whatever.

harloo
May 8th, 2008, 12:03 AM
I
"It is a sad day when an icon like Barbara Walters,in the sunset of her life
l

ROTF!! This part of Star's responses nearly had me in tears. In other words she means, "the heffa is about to croak".:haha::haha::haha:

Sally Struthers
May 8th, 2008, 12:13 AM
ROTF!! This part of Star's responses nearly had me in tears. In other words she means, "the heffa is about to croak".:haha::haha::haha:

yes this was the best part :lol:

Infiniti2001
May 8th, 2008, 12:17 AM
I don't care for either, but Starr should have kept her mouth shut. She had her say when she made it seem like she was pushed out of ABC, now that the audience knows otherwise she should just hide her head in shame :rolleyes:

mirzalover
May 8th, 2008, 12:22 AM
^^^ Well obviously if Star wanted Babs to lie about the surgery, then she went on about it in her book and she knew they had bad blood anyway so Star had every right to make her comment. She didnt start this up again Babs did and thats what she gets.

mykarma
May 8th, 2008, 12:24 AM
:lol::lol::lol:

Wannabeknowitall
May 8th, 2008, 12:25 AM

That's not all Star is implying.
She's about to croak AND she's probably getting senile.

Worse thing you can do to a person because there's nothing Barbara can do.
Because Star is the type of person who will say the same thing after she actually does croak.

G-Ha
May 8th, 2008, 12:33 AM
star jones certainly has no obligation to discuss any medical procedure. however, if she was truly interested in keeping anything private, she wouldn't have been running around on any talk show that would have her, discussing the "medical intervention" she received to lose weight. lord only knows why she was trying to be coy about it as we all knew she had gastric bypass...she lost so much weight, so fast, that it looked like someone had let the air of her tires...

i'm all for someone kicking barbara in the kooch, but i'd just be careful if i were star as barbara's dealt with much tougher than her...

mykarma
May 8th, 2008, 12:36 AM
^^^ Well obviously if Star wanted Babs to lie about the surgery, then she went on about it in her book and she knew they had bad blood anyway so Star had every right to make her comment. She didnt start this up again Babs did and thats what she gets.
Rumor has it that Barbara is vicious and will crush anyone that gets in her way. She's probably been waiting to throw Starr under the bus since she walked out on her. :o

Infiniti2001
May 8th, 2008, 12:40 AM
star jones certainly has no obligation to discuss any medical procedure. however, if she was truly interested in keeping anything private, she wouldn't have been running around on any talk show that would have her, discussing the "medical intervention" she received to lose weight. lord only knows why she was trying to be coy about it as we all knew she had gastric bypass...she lost so much weight, so fast, that it looked like someone had let the air of her tires...

i'm all for someone kicking barbara in the kooch, but i'd just be careful if i were star as barbara's dealt with much tougher than her...

Word!! How long did her show on Tru TV AKA Court TV last? Can you say damaged goods :tape:

Sally Struthers
May 8th, 2008, 12:43 AM
Rumor has it that Barbara is vicious and will crush anyone that gets in her way. She's probably been waiting to throw Starr under the bus since she walked out on her. :o

you don't get to where barbara is by being nice :o

CrossCourt~Rally
May 8th, 2008, 12:57 AM
[/B]

Word!! How long did her show on Tru TV AKA Court TV last? Can you say damaged goods :tape:

A little over a year :tape:.

The Views ratings are still very high thanks in large part to Whoopi breathing new life into the show :worship:.

harloo
May 8th, 2008, 01:06 AM
I don't care for either, but Starr should have kept her mouth shut. She had her say when she made it seem like she was pushed out of ABC, now that the audience knows otherwise she should just hide her head in shame :rolleyes:

Why should Starr keep her mouth shut? After the whole controversy died down she hasn't spoken about any of the remaining co-hosts or Barbara even when they've taken jabs at her. Now that Barbara is trying to sell her tell all book she decides to spill the beans on everything and you expect Starr to just remain silent? The one thing I like about Starr is that she'll stand up for herself regardless of what people think about her. She even went out on the limb and blasted O'Reily for his racist stance on Michelle Obama's speech.

Sir Stefwhit
May 8th, 2008, 01:20 AM
I don't expect Starr to remain quiet anymore than I do of Barbara. Spill it all, I love the drama!

Direwolf
May 8th, 2008, 04:34 AM
Why does Starr have to tell her business about the medical procedures she has? Regardless of how obvious it was, she was under no obligation to reveal what she did and neither was anyone else. There is a such thing called the Privacy Act.

I know right...

when Venus had to take that 5 weeks leave..
she really didnt have to say anything...
she should have just kept her mouth shut and let all
the people spread rumours about her...

and all the other wta celebrities right!!
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

darrinbaker00
May 8th, 2008, 04:42 AM
IT'S "STAR" WITH ONE "R," NOT "STARR" WITH TWO! :fiery:

OK, I feel much better now. Carry on. ;)

Scotso
May 8th, 2008, 04:43 AM
I can't believe people are defending Star Jones. FFS.

Infiniti2001
May 8th, 2008, 04:44 AM
Starr had her say immediately after she left The View, while Barbara and everyone kept quiet. Well now it's time to set th record straight and I applaud Barbara for telling the audience exactly how it went down.

Scotso
May 8th, 2008, 04:45 AM
How does Barbara look at it as being forced to lie? If a friend tells you something in confidence, you shouldn't tell what they told you. That has nothing to do with lying.

Oh PLEASE. This is a totally different situation. Someone that is on television talking about themselves every day really doesn't have much privacy. If she told Walters that she was fucking a woman on the side and Babs spilled the beans, that would be one thing... but the woman was wasting away and it was pretty obvious. Denying an obvious truth is not keeping a secret.

mykarma
May 8th, 2008, 04:46 AM
[/b]

Star is a lawyer so she can always get a job even though I can't stand her as a personality.

mykarma
May 8th, 2008, 04:50 AM
Starr had her say immediately after she left The View, while Barbara and everyone kept quiet. Well now it's time to set th record straight and I applaud Barbara for telling the audience exactly how it went down.
According to Barbara. She really should be ashame of herself. All she cares about is making money on this book no matter how many people she hurts in the process. I really thought she had more class than that.

mirzalover
May 8th, 2008, 04:55 AM
I cant understand why she felt the need to talk about her whoring around.

Scotso
May 8th, 2008, 04:58 AM
[/B]According to Barbara. She really should be ashame of herself. All she cares about is making money on this book no matter how many people she hurts in the process. I really thought she had more class than that.

You really think she needs more money?

Denise4925
May 8th, 2008, 05:00 AM
[/B]According to Barbara. She really should be ashame of herself. All she cares about is making money on this book no matter how many people she hurts in the process. I really thought she had more class than that.

You did? What pisses me off about Barbara is that she tries to come off as this saint that everyone praises and loves. That she's never backstabbed anyone to get where she is, but her backstabbing and lying was painfully obvious in the whole Star/Rosie/Donald feud. She's such a fake to me. I do, however, admire and respect the fact that she has succeeded in such a male dominated field, but personally her facade is a big turn-off to me.

mykarma
May 8th, 2008, 05:03 AM
I cant understand why she felt the need to talk about her whoring around.
You so crazy. :lol::lol::lol:

Perhaps she's not getting enough attention in the sunset of her years. :tape:

mykarma
May 8th, 2008, 05:04 AM
You really think she needs more money?
I didn't say need.

mykarma
May 8th, 2008, 05:06 AM
You did?
:o

harloo
May 8th, 2008, 06:18 AM
I can't believe people are defending Star Jones. FFS.

I'm not defending Star Jones because I feel she's partially responsible for her exit on the View. However, what I don't is understand why do some people hold Barbara in higher regard when discussing this issue? She moved Rosie in and fired Star and was exposed as a liar. Star refused to follow the script which left Barbara embarrassed and shaken.

And now people want to tell Star to shut up and let Barbara run her mouth? Is that fair? Barbara knew Star was going to respond to her accusations. It's nothing but a ploy to sell her book in my opinion. I mean how desperate is someone to start writing about sleeping with a married man? Her publisher most likely said, "Your life is too boring, we need more dirt". Barbara is probably loving every minute of this drama, she hopes that it will translate into sales.:tape::lol:

treufreund
May 8th, 2008, 07:55 AM
i always hated Star Jones for her homophobic views. Rosie and Barbara and Elizabeth Hasselback also .seem like witches. The only ones I like are Joy Behar and Whoopi Goldberg.

Infiniti2001
May 8th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Call me a sucker, but I believe this more than anything Star has/had to say :tape:
http://www2.oprah.com/world/politics/slide/20080506/politics_284_102.jhtml?promocode=HP22

In Audition, Barbara talks about her morning talk show, The View. Barbara appears on the show a few times a week alongside co-hosts Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, Sherri Shepherd and Elisabeth Hasselbeck. "The View is a very happy place," Barbara says. "To me, it's like dessert. I look forward to doing it." But for two years, rather than reporting on hot topics, Barbara says the show became one itself.

Barbara says The View controversies began when then-co-host Star Jones got gastric bypass surgery but decided not to tell anyone. "In the beginning, she was going to," Barbara says. "I was even going to do an interview with her on 20/20 because we thought it would be helpful. People would see her losing weight, so they should understand the dangers and the good things."

Star's choice to not go public with her gastric bypass operation made things difficult for The View's co-hosts, Barbara says. "We had to lie on the set every day because [Star] said it was portion control and Pilates. Well, we knew it wasn't portion control and Pilates," she says. "And the whole point of the program is honesty."

Barbara says the co-hosts went along with Star's choice because they wanted to support her. "She was our colleague, and she did not want us to out her, and we cared about her and thought we owed that to her."

Meanwhile, Barbara says, The View audience was becoming increasingly uncomfortable with Star's new image. "They didn't relate to her anymore. You can change if you're honest about your change," Barbara says. "[The viewers] turned on [Star] because they knew she wasn't telling the truth. If she'd said, 'I had a gastric bypass operation. … Let me tell you what's good about it. Let me tell you what's bad about it. I'm losing weight; I'm also doing Pilates and watching my diet,' it would have been different. They would have loved her for it.'"
Barbara discusses Star Jones's wedding.
About four months after she began losing weight, Star met her soon-to-be husband, Al Reynolds. When Star and Al got engaged, Barbara says Star wanted an extravagant wedding. "She wanted to be a princess, but royalty is expensive," Barbara says.

In order to offset the cost of her wedding, Barbara says Star wanted to promote some of the products—like flowers or bridesmaids dresses— on The View so she could have them for free. "[The View producers] made a big mistake in the beginning because we said, 'Okay.' But when we drew the line and said, 'We must stop,' Star started to do it on other television programs," she says. "The audience, instead of seeing her as this lovely, romantic bride, began to see her as a greedy bride." The New York Post even called her Bridezilla.

The combination of the gastric bypass surgery and the wedding had damaged Star in the eyes of The View audience. Barbara says focus groups showed that viewers felt Star was damaging the program and that she had fallen from her spot as the program's most popular host. As a result, Barbara says, ratings were down and ABC decided not to renew Star's contract.
In April 2006, the producers of The View told Star they were not going to pick up her contract for the following year. "We told her, 'Star, we will say anything you want. We will not say you were dismissed. We will say that you wanted to spend more time with your husband; we'll say you wanted to write a book; we'll say you wanted to do a television show.' And she agreed," Barbara says.

According to Barbara, Star decided she was going to announce her departure on June 29. On June 27, however, Star announced live on the show that she was leaving The View. "I thought she was just telling people two days early, so I got up and said, 'Let's everybody give her a standing ovation,'" Barbara says. "Suddenly, I see Bill Geddie, my co-executive producer, and I think he's going to burst a blood vessel."

What Barbara didn't know, she says, is that Star gave an interview days earlier to People magazine, accusing Barbara of lying. Star told People she wasn't leaving The View because of bad ratings but because of Rosie O'Donnell. Barbara says Rosie was hired to replace Meredith Vieira after it had been established that Star was leaving the show. "It wasn't because of Rosie," Barbara says. "Had Star stayed, we probably wouldn't have hired Rosie because the truth is that Rosie and Star had a bad relationship and we would not have been able to keep both of them."

Barbara says she took Star's interview with People very personally. "I had so many years with Star," Barbara says. "I had such affection for her, and now I was so furious with her. I thought, 'I didn't do this to her. She did this to herself.' She could have left with any kind of grace."

Star's unexpected early announcement was her last day on The View. Barbara says that while she thought the situation would diffuse, the network decided they didn't want Star to return.

Denise4925
May 8th, 2008, 07:40 PM
I'm not defending Star Jones because I feel she's partially responsible for her exit on the View. However, what I don't is understand why do some people hold Barbara in higher regard when discussing this issue? She moved Rosie in and fired Star and was exposed as a liar. Star refused to follow the script which left Barbara embarrassed and shaken.

And now people want to tell Star to shut up and let Barbara run her mouth? Is that fair? Barbara knew Star was going to respond to her accusations. It's nothing but a ploy to sell her book in my opinion. I mean how desperate is someone to start writing about sleeping with a married man? Her publisher most likely said, "Your life is too boring, we need more dirt". Barbara is probably loving every minute of this drama, she hopes that it will translate into sales.:tape::lol:

Exactly!!! :worship::worship::worship:

Denise4925
May 8th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Call me a sucker, but I believe this more than anything Star has/had to say :tape:
http://www2.oprah.com/world/politics/slide/20080506/politics_284_102.jhtml?promocode=HP22

There are two sides to every story.

timafi
May 8th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Star was a nobody before she was on the View and thanks to Walters she became somewhat of a "celebrity":rolleyes:
She blew it big time when she started yapping about all the sponsors on the show about the whole circus that was her wedding and thought that people were a buch of fools who didn't get that she had her guts cut to keep her arse from eating too damn much.I also believe that she told Walters and the others to keep quiet about it too.
I mean at some point people had to get tired of her lies(bastric) and the whole wedding shit and I;was one of those fans who stopped watching the show because of her.
The only reason why I believe she is showing so much of a lack of respect towards Walters is because Walters talked about the whole thing and because Star is without a job and wants to keep her name in the media as much as possible while she is getting divorced too:rolleyes:
I'd rather be an adulter(not that I agree with it believe me) than be married to a guy that most people think is gay!

mykarma
May 8th, 2008, 08:03 PM
:o
where? :shrug:

mykarma
May 8th, 2008, 08:05 PM

Barbara was on NPR this morning

mykarma
May 8th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Star was a nobody before she was on the View and thanks to Walters she became somewhat of a "celebrity":rolleyes:
She blew it big time when she started yapping about all the sponsors on the show about the whole circus that was her wedding and thought that people were a buch of fools who didn't get that she had her guts cut to keep her arse from eating too damn much.I also believe that she told Walters and the others to keep quiet about it too.
I mean at some point people had to get tired of her lies(bastric) and the whole wedding shit and I;was one of those fans who stopped watching the show because of her.
The only reason why I believe she is showing so much of a lack of respect towards Walters is because Walters talked about the whole thing and because Star is without a job and wants to keep her name in the media as much as possible while she is getting divorced too:rolleyes:
I'd rather be an adulter(not that I agree with it believe me) than be married to a guy that most people think is gay!

Barbara did not make Star, the OJ Simpson trial is what put Star in the limelight. Barbara hired Star and Star did a job, it's not as though Barbara did Star some big favor. You can't be serious about preferring to be and adulterous than what someone thinks of the man you married, or can you? :eek:.

Infiniti2001
There are two sides to every story.

but Star gave hers right after she left The View ----- and this is totally opposite what she told the audience on Larry King and whomever listened to her :shrug:

spartanfan
Well actually Star was a somebody before the View and continues to be a somebody. Star gained notoriety when she became a legal analysis during the whole OJ Simpson trial. And I find this whole "fame" thing and the media sickening.. It's funny how we, especially as American's, will ready gossip mags and gossip shows about the intimate details of a celebrity's life and dig thru their trash and private medical records. But let a celebrity want to keep something personal and private like a surgery and they are villified. Or how magazines will pay millions of dollars for the photos of a celebritys newborn or of their wedding photos, but still crucify Star for what she did. I just don't get it.

Denise4925
May 8th, 2008, 08:21 PM
Barbara did not make Star, the OJ Simpson trial is what put Star in the limelight. Barbara hired Star and Star did a job, it's not as though Barbara did Star some big favor. You can't be serious about preferring to be and adulterous than what someone thinks of the man you married, or can you? :eek:.

Thank you.

harloo
May 8th, 2008, 08:23 PM

In Audition, Barbara talks about her morning talk show, The View. Barbara appears on the show a few times a week alongside co-hosts Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, Sherri Shepherd and Elisabeth Hasselbeck. "The View is a very happy place," Barbara says. "To me, it's like dessert. I look forward to doing it." But for two years, rather than reporting on hot topics, Barbara says the show became one itself.

Barbara says The View controversies began when then-co-host Star Jones got gastric bypass surgery but decided not to tell anyone. "In the beginning, she was going to," Barbara says. "I was even going to do an interview with her on 20/20 because we thought it would be helpful. People would see her losing weight, so they should understand the dangers and the good things."

Star's choice to not go public with her gastric bypass operation made things difficult for The View's co-hosts, Barbara says. "We had to lie on the set every day because [Star] said it was portion control and Pilates. Well, we knew it wasn't portion control and Pilates," she says. "And the whole point of the program is honesty."

Barbara says the co-hosts went along with Star's choice because they wanted to support her. "She was our colleague, and she did not want us to out her, and we cared about her and thought we owed that to her."

Meanwhile, Barbara says, The View audience was becoming increasingly uncomfortable with Star's new image. "They didn't relate to her anymore. You can change if you're honest about your change," Barbara says. "[The viewers] turned on [Star] because they knew she wasn't telling the truth. If she'd said, 'I had a gastric bypass operation. … Let me tell you what's good about it. Let me tell you what's bad about it. I'm losing weight; I'm also doing Pilates and watching my diet,' it would have been different. They would have loved her for it.'"
Barbara discusses Star Jones's wedding.
About four months after she began losing weight, Star met her soon-to-be husband, Al Reynolds. When Star and Al got engaged, Barbara says Star wanted an extravagant wedding. "She wanted to be a princess, but royalty is expensive," Barbara says.

In order to offset the cost of her wedding, Barbara says Star wanted to promote some of the products—like flowers or bridesmaids dresses— on The View so she could have them for free. "[The View producers] made a big mistake in the beginning because we said, 'Okay.' But when we drew the line and said, 'We must stop,' Star started to do it on other television programs," she says. "The audience, instead of seeing her as this lovely, romantic bride, began to see her as a greedy bride." The New York Post even called her Bridezilla.

The combination of the gastric bypass surgery and the wedding had damaged Star in the eyes of The View audience. Barbara says focus groups showed that viewers felt Star was damaging the program and that she had fallen from her spot as the program's most popular host. As a result, Barbara says, ratings were down and ABC decided not to renew Star's contract.
In April 2006, the producers of The View told Star they were not going to pick up her contract for the following year. "We told her, 'Star, we will say anything you want. We will not say you were dismissed. We will say that you wanted to spend more time with your husband; we'll say you wanted to write a book; we'll say you wanted to do a television show.' And she agreed," Barbara says.

According to Barbara, Star decided she was going to announce her departure on June 29. On June 27, however, Star announced live on the show that she was leaving The View. "I thought she was just telling people two days early, so I got up and said, 'Let's everybody give her a standing ovation,'" Barbara says. "Suddenly, I see Bill Geddie, my co-executive producer, and I think he's going to burst a blood vessel."

What Barbara didn't know, she says, is that Star gave an interview days earlier to People magazine, accusing Barbara of lying. Star told People she wasn't leaving The View because of bad ratings but because of Rosie O'Donnell. Barbara says Rosie was hired to replace Meredith Vieira after it had been established that Star was leaving the show. "It wasn't because of Rosie," Barbara says. "Had Star stayed, we probably wouldn't have hired Rosie because the truth is that Rosie and Star had a bad relationship and we would not have been able to keep both of them."

Barbara says she took Star's interview with People very personally. "I had so many years with Star," Barbara says. "I had such affection for her, and now I was so furious with her. I thought, 'I didn't do this to her. She did this to herself.' She could have left with any kind of grace."

Star's unexpected early announcement was her last day on The View. Barbara says that while she thought the situation would diffuse, the network decided they didn't want Star to return.

Star has publicly admitted some of her mistakes in regards to the wedding promotion and some of her actions while on the View. On the other hand, this article paints Barbara as some type of victim/saint and any sane person would be foolish to believe that. As mentioned in this thread, "You don't get in Barbara's position by being a saint".
And of course Barbara is happy with The View now. She ended up hiring two black comedians. One who has obvious color issues. What black woman in her right mind would defend her white ex-boyfriend doing black face? And another who's so clueless she believes the world is flat. It's no wonder why Barbara's happy. :haha::haha:

Denise4925
May 8th, 2008, 08:24 PM
but Star gave hers right after she left The View ----- and this is totally opposite what she told the audience on Larry King and whomever listened to her :shrug:

Yeah, and this is Barbara's version. LOL, Barbara is making it seem like TV execs were these holier than thou do-gooders/vicims of Star's dasterdly deeds and vile behavior. Please!! :rolleyes: And that, Star was the one who backstabbed them and betrayed their trust and loyalty to her. Somewhere in the middle of both these stories lies the truth.

(my LOL and eye rolling is not at you, but at the story)

samsung101
May 8th, 2008, 10:27 PM
Star Jones was a mediocre tv law personality when she got on the show I'm shocked is even
on the air.

She did help make it a big deal.

She also evidently got pretty full of herself, her weight loss/surgery, public
engagement, over the top sponsor heavy wedding, and exit. Bad ending to a job.
Lots of people have experienced that.

Babs is way over the best of her day. Famous, rich, and powerful, The View is her
baby.

But, she should have given up the full time gig a while ago.

To go public with a story of an affair with a black Senator 30+ years ago, come on Babs,
that's just cheesy and tawdry. Take it to your grave.

Instead, she comes across as desperate. Really, who else did you sleep with Barbara
while a so called legitimate journalist (at that time anyway)? Will you release those
names in the book after your death? Fidel? Heck, who would be shocked by then.

A more or less 'fired' employee, who parted ways with her former boss on bad terms...
dissing the former boss, and then getting blasted right back.

Star and Babs deserve each other.

Heck, Rosie is still slamming little Elizabeth and Barbara.

Infiniti2001
May 9th, 2008, 01:32 AM
Yeah, and this is Barbara's version. LOL, Barbara is making it seem like TV execs were these holier than thou do-gooders/vicims of Star's dasterdly deeds and vile behavior. Please!! :rolleyes: And that, Star was the one who backstabbed them and betrayed their trust and loyalty to her. Somewhere in the middle of both these stories lies the truth.

(my LOL and eye rolling is not at you, but at the story)

I strongly believe that Miss gastric bypass deserves all the shit in the world ,as payback for sucking America into her sham relationship and marriage :o

spartanfan
May 9th, 2008, 01:43 AM
Star has publicly admitted some of her mistakes in regards to the wedding promotion and some of her actions while on the View. On the other hand, this article paints Barbara as some type of victim/saint and any sane person would be foolish to believe that. As mentioned in this thread, "You don't get in Barbara's position by being a saint".
And of course Barbara is happy with The View now. She ended up hiring two black comedians. One who has obvious color issues. What black woman in her right mind would defend her white ex-boyfriend doing black face? And another who's so clueless she believes the world is flat. It's no wonder why Barbara's happy. :haha::haha:

Well what I don't get is that these ladies peddle things and promote themselves every day on the View. Every times Joy or Sherri has a standup gig, they promote it. When Whoppi was selling bed sheets on HSN that was talked about for a couple days and brought on the set and shown. And they have been talking about Babara's book for weeks now, and had Charles Gibson on the show yesterday to talk about some damn one hour special sit down interview he did with Barbara, not to mention Oprah did an entire hour with Barbara. So I ask you. What's the difference between what Star did and what Barbara is doing besides their skin color?

Infiniti2001
May 9th, 2008, 01:48 AM
Well what I don't get is that these ladies peddle things and promote themselves every day on the View. Every times Joy or Sherri has a standup gig, they promote it. When Whoppi was selling bed sheets on HSN that was talked about for a couple days and brought on the set and shown. And they have been talking about Babara's book for weeks now, and had Charles Gibson on the show yesterday to talk about some damn one hour special sit down interview he did with Barbara, not to mention Oprah did an entire hour with Barbara. So I ask you. What's the difference between what Star did and what Barbara is doing besides their skin color?

Uh , star was seeking corparate sponsorship for her sham wedding :help:

spartanfan
May 9th, 2008, 01:54 AM
^And if Barbara, and the show's producers and ABC wanted her to stop earlier then shey should have said so and not used it as an excuse to fire her. And celebrities get free shit all the time: when ever they make a special appearance somewhere or go to an awards show or heck get married or even have a baby, some get paid like 5mill just so that someone can take pictures of their new born baby.