PDA

View Full Version : Who should John McCain pick as his VP?

kittyking
May 7th, 2008, 09:38 AM
Who do you think John McCain should pick as his VP for November. Plenty of possibilities, it certainly wasn't limited to the 9 in this poll!

Note: The poll isn't 'who is your favourite Republican' or 'which VP has the cutest ass' ;)

Philbo
May 7th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Ron Paul lol

kittyking
May 7th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Ron Paul lol

I think our dear retard friend azza has a greater chance of becoming VP :o

Boreas
May 7th, 2008, 10:14 AM
Poll is covered with votes:tape:

kittyking
May 7th, 2008, 10:16 AM

I forgot to make it so you can vote for more than one

I'm torn between Rice-Giuliani-Pawlenty :sad:

Philbo
May 7th, 2008, 11:52 AM

LOL -You Can see people here really care who'll be McCains Cheney....the voting is going crazy lol...

Boreas
May 7th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Well, poll results are very close, I believe anyone stand a chance:lol:

Should I be nice and vote? Naaaah.
Poll with only my name would look even more ridiculous

Philbo
May 7th, 2008, 12:14 PM
LOL.. Too Funny...

twight6
May 7th, 2008, 12:35 PM
He won't choose Rice.

He's going to have a very tough time beating the Democrats as it is, seeing as the US fears Republicans after Bush's f*ck up

Anyway, if you recall Condi is in Bush's cabinet, therefore associated with Bush. Granted, she was against the Iraq war, but for McCain to choose her would be a big risk.

Granted, Rice is amazing and I'd LOVE :hearts: to see her as VP but the only way McCain is gonna win is if he complete sevors any ties to the Bush administration

saint2
May 7th, 2008, 01:17 PM
All of them should be kicked to Africa. USA should detronize democracy and make me a dictator.

A Magicman
May 7th, 2008, 02:00 PM
As I want Condi for President in 2012 she needs to be VP now.

homogenius
May 7th, 2008, 02:04 PM
samsung911

Sally Struthers
May 7th, 2008, 03:30 PM
Hillary :tape:

Barrie_Dude
May 7th, 2008, 04:17 PM
Fred Thompson

Nicolás89
May 7th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Da Condo! :worship:

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/5/5/condi_conan.jpg

Expat
May 7th, 2008, 05:03 PM
if hillary is the democrat nominee
then condi
else
if obama is the nominee(99.9 %)
any latino guy
latinos will win this election against obama and his african american+loony liberals+youth voters
unfortunately mccain is too nice to adopt karl rove tactics :cry:
that is what i admire about hillary

obama is winning by a landslide
and this country will become a loony left nation
time for me to finally leave this country
shanghai here i come
seems china is the only true capitalist country in the world :lol:

samsung101
May 7th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Michelle Obama.

*JR*
May 7th, 2008, 05:09 PM
One of the South Carolina pair (Governor Mark Sanford or Senator Lindsey Graham).

samsung101
May 7th, 2008, 05:12 PM
He isn't going anywhere near a Bush Administration official.
Rice isn't a politician, she's never campaigned for anything
for herself. She would do badly.

Powell is the same. He's an egomaniac as well at this point, and
very liberal on many things. I think he'll back Obama, aiming for
a top Cabinet post again.

Huckabee, no. Southern pull, and not much else.
Romney, no.
Same reason - Romney would kill McCain. Americans will vote for a black, a woman,
hispanic, an old guy. They will not vote for a Mormon. His campaign proved that in 2008.

The governors of Minnesota and Florida, yes, definite maybes.
Gov. of Alaska, not anymore. She had a child recently with downs syndrome, and
is devoting herself to her family more than poltics these days.
Gov. of Lousiana, maybe. He's too young though. But, I'd prefer him.

I see him going with a Governor or a female Congresswoman with some business or
economic experience. He needs something he doesn't have.

samsung101
May 7th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Graham, Huckabee, Hagel, would be disasters.

McCain needs to shore up his conservative base, since he has none.
He also needs someone the talk radio crowd can embrace. None of the
above do that.

samsung101
May 7th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Right now, I'd say McCain is going to lose in a big way.
Actually, no matter who the GOP candidate is, they would lose, to
either Obama or Hillary. It's just historical cycles, added to
negative economic mood.

I think a woman, minority, younger candidate would help him

He really needs someone who is a brilliant campaigner...who can spark
his campaign with enthusiasm.

cheertennis12
May 7th, 2008, 06:33 PM
He's going to want someone who's ultra-conservative, because he's getting all of this talk about how he's too liberal to win the republican nomination.

samsung101
May 7th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Jack Baur ('24').

Tony Blair.

John Elway.

Judge Judy.

Ted Nugent.

Sean Hannity.

Actually, Congresswoman Marsha Blackburn would be a good pick, from TEnnessee,
moderate conservative, very talk radio friendly and active.

Someone from Colorado, New Mexico, PA, Missouri, Florida, who has a heartbeat,
personality, and a clean record.

Expat
May 7th, 2008, 06:53 PM
He's going to want someone who's ultra-conservative, because he's getting all of this talk about how he's too liberal to win the republican nomination.
he needs a conservative Latino Catholic who has good standing in the Latino community
Catholics are in play if Obama is the presidential candidate
any that spring to mind ???

Ryan
May 7th, 2008, 06:54 PM
I don't like McCain at all or any Republicans really, but I think figuring out VP candidates is interesting no matter what. I've read some things on him picking Crist from Florida - if Clinton is the nominee he can fight 50/50 in Florida, and if its Obama he pretty much seals that state up I'd imagine.

Expat
May 7th, 2008, 06:56 PM
I don't like McCain at all or any Republicans really, but I think figuring out VP candidates is interesting no matter what. I've read some things on him picking Crist from Florida - if Clinton is the nominee he can fight 50/50 in Florida, and if its Obama he pretty much seals that state up I'd imagine.
florida is in his bag given that obama is the candidate
he needs to make a push for ohio or pennsylvania
if he bags 2 out of the 3 he will negate any of the red states with huge african american populations turning blue

BigB08822
May 7th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Even though Jindal has said no, I think he should try to talk him into it.

DA FOREHAND
May 7th, 2008, 08:14 PM
then condi
else
any latino guy
latinos will win this election against obama and his african american+loony liberals+youth voters

shanghai here i come

Let us know if you need any help packing. We'll forward your mail.:wavey:

starin
May 7th, 2008, 08:42 PM
rofl it's not going to be Condoleeza rice or maybe she can cuz with Condi on board they can be more racist than usual cuz well they have a black person on their ticket...so obviously they can't be racist :rolleyes:
Romeny would be a mistake....although actually maybe not...cuz as VP the focus won't be on him as much and so maybe his Mormon faith won't be as big of deal breaker. He could def. draw in some fiscal conservatives while I think social conservatvies would vote for John McCain regardless or just not turn up.

it'll prolly be someone randmon i've never heard of. Maybe Jeb bush...lol that would be awesome if McCain tied himself even more closely to the Bush Presidency. :drool:

starin
May 7th, 2008, 08:45 PM
then condi
else
any latino guy

shanghai here i come

i really doubt McCain is too nice to employ the Karl Rove tactic. He won't do it himself but other people will do it for him. He is a politician after all he knows how to get his hands dirty not matter what his "image" might say otherwise. Republican party will just have to thread the needle and not go too far..cuz in the U.S. it's more than okay to be racist as long as you're not blatant about it. actually I hope Karl Rove and co go too far and say or do something outrageously racist cuz that'll def. give Obama a good chance to win the Presidency.

Expat
May 7th, 2008, 08:58 PM
i really doubt McCain is too nice to employ the Karl Rove tactic. He won't do it himself but other people will do it for him. He is a politician after all he knows how to get his hands dirty not matter what his "image" might say otherwise. Republican party will just have to thread the needle and not go too far..cuz in the U.S. it's more than okay to be racist as long as you're not blatant about it. actually I hope Karl Rove and co go too far and say or do something outrageously racist cuz that'll def. give Obama a good chance to win the Presidency.
karl rove wouldn't do well with mccain given that he spread the lies about mccain fathering a child of a black mother and dragging his adopted daughter into it to effectively end his campaign run

*JR*
May 7th, 2008, 09:38 PM
he needs a conservative Latino Catholic who has good standing in the Latino community
Catholics are in play if Obama is the presidential candidate
any that spring to mind ???
Catholic? Conservative? Latino? (He's not, but his wife is a Latina). Easy... Jeb Bush! :p

kittyking
May 7th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Eww I can't stand Jeb!

Expat
May 7th, 2008, 09:49 PM
Catholic? Conservative? Latino? (He's not, but his wife is a Latina). Easy... Jeb Bush! :p
LOLZ that would hand the presidency to obama in a heartbeat

kittyking
May 7th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Theres some talk going around that it could be Giuliani - it would certainly boost McCains chances of winning in Florida, Ohio, New Hampshire and even Pennsylvania....plus the two don't hate each other (like Romney, or Rice).

I still can't decide whether Rice-Giuliani-Pawlenty plus I forgot Charlie Christ :rocker2: (although Florida should go to McCain over Obama....unless a few million blacks move there :lol:)

Ellery
May 7th, 2008, 09:57 PM
Hillary :tape:

:drool: Johnny and Hilly 08 for Demoblicans! :D

kittyking
May 7th, 2008, 10:31 PM
:drool: Johnny and Hilly 08 for Demoblicans! :D

But Hillary would add nothing to the ticket :confused:

Sally Struthers
May 7th, 2008, 10:53 PM
But Hillary would add nothing to the ticket :confused:

It's not totally out of the realm of possibility. She wants to be president more than anything and there's no way in hell she's going to win the nomination or be Obama's running mate after trashing him. She'd have to wait till 2016 at the least. In the mean time she's been cozying up to McCain at Obama's expense. He is old and in questionable health and there's the possibility that he could bite the dust (one way or another ... you never know with the Clintons :o ) leaving her president before 2012. And she could bring some of her supporters over to his side. It would be weird though.

Edward.
May 7th, 2008, 11:22 PM
Jack Baur ('24').

Tony Blair.

John Elway.

Judge Judy.

Ted Nugent.

Sean Hannity.

Actually, Congresswoman Marsha Blackburn would be a good pick, from TEnnessee,
moderate conservative, very talk radio friendly and active.

Someone from Colorado, New Mexico, PA, Missouri, Florida, who has a heartbeat,
personality, and a clean record.

Jack Bauer would never sink low enough to align himself with a Republican. The show portrays Republicans in a terrible light as it is anyway. :lol:

The constitution should be amended to allow Arnold to run as McCain's VP. :silly:

Volcana
May 8th, 2008, 02:45 AM
Rush Limbaugh

kittyking
May 8th, 2008, 03:00 AM
It's not totally out of the realm of possibility. She wants to be president more than anything and there's no way in hell she's going to win the nomination or be Obama's running mate after trashing him. She'd have to wait till 2016 at the least. In the mean time she's been cozying up to McCain at Obama's expense. He is old and in questionable health and there's the possibility that he could bite the dust (one way or another ... you never know with the Clintons :o ) leaving her president before 2012. And she could bring some of her supporters over to his side. It would be weird though.

I agree with you on that point :scared:

If that happens then feel free to move to NZ :bounce:

kittyking
May 8th, 2008, 03:02 AM
Rush Limbaugh

Slight problem

Rush hates him!