PDA

View Full Version : Hillary Clinton Drops out of the race........thread

kittyking
May 7th, 2008, 01:40 AM
With Hillary's supporters butting each others heads in disgust at her pretty lousy night (May 6 2008, remember that biatches!), I thought it might be nice for her to have a separate thread, where only their supporters go and discuss issues related to the candidate. This thread is simply if you dislike her. American, Canadian, British, Australian, Kiwi, Samoan or even if you live in Guam! If you want to discuss fund-raising, volunteering, and that kind of stuff go to the Hillary Clinton support thread. This is a Hillary Clinton drops out of the race thread to remember her great decline :)

Obama supporters, please feel free to create your own little haven - but post in here as well. Same as McCain supporters :rocker2:

*based on Ellery's post

People who have badrepped me for this thread so far (bad rep them back people!)
Ryan :fiery:
Leonhart :fiery:
Justdoit :fiery:
In The Zone :fiery:

People who have goodrepped me for this thread so far (good rep and giv em a hug!)
mimoco :hearts:
usopen01 :hearts:
Justin :hearts:

rada
May 7th, 2008, 01:42 AM
:bigwave:

kittyking
May 7th, 2008, 01:43 AM
:bigwave: What's up (apart from the number of delegates Barack has)

Donny
May 7th, 2008, 01:44 AM
Tonight reminds me of the Wizard of Oz...

http://www.hawaiiangecko.com/Wicked%20Witch%20gets%20House.jpg

doni1212
May 7th, 2008, 01:46 AM
:lol:

rada
May 7th, 2008, 01:46 AM
:bigwave: What's up (apart from the number of delegates Barack has)

not much just at work doing nothing he he

kittyking
May 7th, 2008, 01:48 AM
Tonight reminds me of the Wizard of Oz...

http://www.hawaiiangecko.com/Wicked%20Witch%20gets%20House.jpg

OMG I want those shoes!

(its Mothers Day coming up, she'd love them!)

mirzalover
May 7th, 2008, 01:49 AM
Honestly I want Hillary to win but I think Barack will but, god it would be so good if she won the nomination. This thread would be the ultimate bump / bitch festival the wtaworld/tennisforum has ever seen.

Edward.
May 7th, 2008, 01:49 AM
Bye bye Hilary. :bigwave:

I wonder how many more superdelegates Barack will get tomorrow? :drool:

kittyking
May 7th, 2008, 01:51 AM
not much just at work doing nothing he he

So your effectively getting paid to follow politics...

I WANT YOUR JOB!

kittyking
May 7th, 2008, 01:52 AM
Honestly I want Hillary to win but I think Barack will but, god it would be so good if she won the nomination. This thread would be the ultimate bump / bitch festival the wtaworld/tennisforum has ever seen.

If Hillary wins I'm gonna go live on the moon :fiery:

Wannabeknowitall
May 7th, 2008, 01:52 AM
If Hillary wins I'm gonna go live on the moon :fiery:

Most of us have assumed you already lived there for years. :wavey:

kittyking
May 7th, 2008, 01:59 AM
Most of us have assumed you already lived there for years. :wavey:

Well that would explain why I was a virgin til I was 14 :lol:

Cam'ron Giles
May 7th, 2008, 04:16 AM
OMG I want those shoes!

(its Mothers Day coming up, she'd love them!)

Yeah...for your mother...just like you're bisexual :haha:

kittyking
May 7th, 2008, 04:24 AM
Yeah...for your mother...just like you're bisexual :haha:

Correct :D

doni1212
May 7th, 2008, 04:28 AM
Well that would explain why I was a virgin til I was 14 :lol:

14 is pretty early to lose your virginity!

kittyking
May 7th, 2008, 04:30 AM

Not in NZ :confused:

Well when you take into account that you get boyfriends/girlfriends when your 10-13 and then if your 13 and their 16 boogietime comes easily I guess :lol:

mirzalover
May 7th, 2008, 04:30 AM

Fans of womens tennis mature faster. 14 is like 19 for someone who doesnt watch womens tennis.;)

kittyking
May 7th, 2008, 04:32 AM
Fans of womens tennis mature faster. 14 is like 19 for someone who doesnt watch womens tennis.;)

You can be immature and still have boogietime though :p

doni1212
May 7th, 2008, 04:33 AM
Not in NZ :confused:

Well when you take into account that you get boyfriends/girlfriends when your 10-13 and then if your 13 and their 16 boogietime comes easily I guess :lol:

Haha, that's funny.

Donny
May 7th, 2008, 04:34 AM
Russert: Clinton cancels morning show appearances

Tim Russert, a colleague reports, just said that Hillary Clinton canceled her scheduled appearances on the morning shows tomorrow.

It's a sign of weakness she can ill afford at a moment when questions about whether she can continue are mounting.
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0508/Russert_Clinton_cancels_morning_show_appearances.h tml

Ruh roh.

kittyking
May 7th, 2008, 04:34 AM
I already knew that like an hour ago - Karl Rove mentioned it on Fox ;)

Crisis meeting to try and figure out a new strategy

mykarma
May 7th, 2008, 04:41 AM
I already knew that like an hour ago - Karl Rove mentioned it on Fox ;)

Crisis meeting to try and figure out a new strategy
She'd better go kiss Rush Limbaugh's fat ass because without him having his people to vote for her it would be a tough day for her.

kittyking
May 7th, 2008, 04:47 AM
She'd better go kiss Rush Limbaugh's fat ass because without him having his people to vote for her it would be a tough day for her.

Or maybe she could give him 'only Oral'? Shes been waiting a decade to get even with Bill I guess ;)

Selah
May 7th, 2008, 10:18 AM
From your keyboard, to G-d's ears.

Thkmra
May 7th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Or maybe she could give him 'only Oral'? Shes been waiting a decade to get even with Bill I guess ;)

:lol::lol: Too bad she doen't wear dresses to collect, then frame the DNA! :tape:

mykarma
May 7th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Maybe it help both of them .

Edward.
May 7th, 2008, 04:27 PM
http://www.caricaturesbylisa.com/images/Hillary_Clinton-&-Obama.jpg

:angel: : obama: :devil: :clinton:

harloo
May 7th, 2008, 04:33 PM
With Hillary's supporters butting each others heads in disgust at her pretty lousy night (May 6 2008, remember that biatches!), I thought it might be nice for her to have a separate thread, where only their supporters go and discuss issues related to the candidate. This thread is simply if you dislike her. American, Canadian, British, Australian, Kiwi, Samoan or even if you live in Guam! If you want to discuss fund-raising, volunteering, and that kind of stuff go to the Hillary Clinton support thread. This is a Hillary Clinton drops out of the race thread to remember her great decline :)

Obama supporters, please feel free to create your own little haven - but post in here as well. Same as McCain supporters :rocker2:

*based on Ellery's post

People who have badrepped me for this thread so far (bad rap them back people!)

You're a mess. This is just what the board needed, another Hilary vs. Obama thread.:tape::lol: SMH.

mykarma
May 7th, 2008, 04:43 PM

:haha: :haha: :haha:

doni1212
May 7th, 2008, 05:04 PM

*JR*
May 7th, 2008, 07:12 PM
And now a few words from the Rolling Stones:

(Jagger/Richards)

You don't know what's going on
You've been away for far too long
You can't come back and think you are still mine

You're out of touch, my baby
My poor discarded baby
I said, baby, baby, baby, you're out of time
Well, baby, baby, baby, you're out of time

You are all left out
Out of there without a doubt
Cause baby, baby, baby, you're out of time

You thought you were a clever girl
Giving up your social whirl
But you can't come back and be the first in line, oh no

You're obsolete my baby
My poor old-fashioned baby
I said baby, baby, baby you're out of time
Well, baby, baby, baby, you're out of time

Yes, you are left out
Out of there without a doubt
Cause baby, baby, baby, you're out of time :wavey:

hulky9999
May 7th, 2008, 11:30 PM
Hillary b!tch you are going DOWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

:devil:

I'm Canadian BTW. :drool:

RVD
May 7th, 2008, 11:56 PM

:angel: : obama: :devil: :clinton: :haha: http://deephousepage.com/smilies/grinyes.gif

http://deephousepage.com/smilies/daz.gif

Sir Stefwhit
May 8th, 2008, 12:21 AM
I got super-psyched when I saw your thread; for a split second I thought it was finally 'officially' over...

mykarma
May 8th, 2008, 03:24 AM
I got super-psyched when I saw your thread; for a split second I thought it was finally 'officially' over...
:haha:

kittyking
May 8th, 2008, 03:58 AM
You're a mess. This is just what the board needed, another Hilary vs. Obama thread.:tape::lol: SMH.

No its not another Hillary vrs Obama thread

It is a Hillary sucks thread though, could use with more of them :D

doni1212
May 8th, 2008, 03:59 AM

kittyking
May 8th, 2008, 03:59 AM

:rolls:

Sir Stefwhit
May 8th, 2008, 04:45 PM
nteresting article by Karen Tumulty

Hillary's 5 mistakes

For all her talk about "full speed on to the White House," there was an unmistakably elegiac tone to Hillary Clinton's primary-night speech in Indianapolis. And if one needed further confirmation that the undaunted, never-say-die Clintons realize their bid might be at an end, all it took was a look at the wistful faces of the husband and the daughter who stood behind the candidate as she talked of all the people she has met in a journey "that has been a blessing for me."

It was also a journey she had begun with what appeared to be insurmountable advantages, which evaporated one by one as the campaign dragged on far longer than anyone could have anticipated. She made at least five big mistakes, each of which compounded the others:

1. She misjudged the mood
That was probably her biggest blunder. In a cycle that has been all about change, Clinton chose an incumbent's strategy, running on experience, preparedness, inevitability - and the power of the strongest brand name in Democratic politics. It made sense, given who she is and the additional doubts that some voters might have about making a woman Commander in Chief. But in putting her focus on positioning herself to win the general election in November, Clinton completely misread the mood of Democratic-primary voters, who were desperate to turn the page. "Being the consummate Washington insider is not where you want to be in a year when people want change," says Barack Obama's chief strategist, David Axelrod. Clinton's "initial strategic positioning was wrong and kind of played into our hands." But other miscalculations made it worse:

2. She didn't master the rules
Clinton picked people for her team primarily for their loyalty to her, instead of their mastery of the game. That became abundantly clear in a strategy session last year, according to two people who were there. As aides looked over the campaign calendar, chief strategist Mark Penn confidently predicted that an early win in California would put her over the top because she would pick up all the state's 370 delegates. It sounded smart, but as every high school civics student now knows, Penn was wrong: Democrats, unlike the Republicans, apportion their delegates according to vote totals, rather than allowing any state to award them winner-take-all. Sitting nearby, veteran Democratic insider Harold M. Ickes, who had helped write those rules, was horrified - and let Penn know it. "How can it possibly be," Ickes asked, "that the much vaunted chief strategist doesn't understand proportional allocation?" And yet the strategy remained the same, with the campaign making its bet on big-state victories. Even now, it can seem as if they don't get it. Both Bill and Hillary have noted plaintively that if Democrats had the same winner-take-all rules as Republicans, she'd be the nominee. Meanwhile, the Clinton campaign now acknowledges privately:

3. She underestimated the caucus states
While Clinton based her strategy on the big contests, she seemed to virtually overlook states like Minnesota, Nebraska and Kansas, which choose their delegates through caucuses. She had a reason: the Clintons decided, says an adviser, that "caucus states were not really their thing." Her core supporters - women, the elderly, those with blue-collar jobs - were less likely to be able to commit an evening of the week, as the process requires. But it was a little like unilateral disarmament in states worth 12% of the pledged delegates. Indeed, it was in the caucus states that Obama piled up his lead among pledged delegates. "For all the talent and the money they had over there," says Axelrod, "they - bewilderingly - seemed to have little understanding for the caucuses and how important they would become."

By the time Clinton's lieutenants realized the grave nature of their error, they lacked the resources to do anything about it - in part because:

4. She relied on old money
For a decade or more, the Clintons set the standard for political fund-raising in the Democratic Party, and nearly all Bill's old donors had re-upped for Hillary's bid. Her 2006 Senate campaign had raised an astonishing $51.6 million against token opposition, in what everyone assumed was merely a dry run for a far bigger contest. But something had happened to fund-raising that Team Clinton didn't fully grasp: the Internet. Though Clinton's totals from working the shrimp-cocktail circuit remained impressive by every historic measure, her donors were typically big-check writers. And once they had ponied up the $2,300 allowed by law, they were forbidden to give more. The once bottomless Clinton well was drying up.

Obama relied instead on a different model: the 800,000-plus people who had signed up on his website and could continue sending money his way $5, $10 and $50 at a time. (The campaign has raised more than $100 million online, better than half its total.) Meanwhile, the Clintons were forced to tap the $100 million - plus fortune they had acquired since he left the White House - first for $5 million in January to make it to Super Tuesday and then $6.4 million to get her through Indiana and North Carolina. And that reflects one final mistake:

5. She never counted on a long haul
Clinton's strategy had been premised on delivering a knockout blow early. If she could win Iowa, she believed, the race would be over. Clinton spent lavishly there yet finished a disappointing third. What surprised the Obama forces was how long it took her campaign to retool. She fought him to a tie in the Feb. 5 Super Tuesday contests but didn't have any troops in place for the states that followed. Obama, on the other hand, was a train running hard on two or three tracks. Whatever the Chicago headquarters was unveiling to win immediate contests, it always had a separate operation setting up organizations in the states that were next. As far back as Feb. 21, Obama campaign manager David Plouffe was spotted in Raleigh, N.C. He told the News & Observer that the state's primary, then more than 10 weeks away, "could end up being very important in the nomination fight." At the time, the idea seemed laughable.

Now, of course, the question seems not whether Clinton will exit the race but when. She continues to load her schedule with campaign stops, even as calls for her to concede grow louder. But the voice she is listening to now is the one inside her head, explains a longtime aide. Clinton's calculation is as much about history as it is about politics. As the first woman to have come this far, Clinton has told those close to her, she wants people who invested their hopes in her to see that she has given it her best. And then? As she said in Indianapolis, "No matter what happens, I will work for the nominee of the Democratic Party because we must win in November." When the task at hand is healing divisions in the Democratic Party, the loser can have as much influence as the winner.

http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1738331,00.html?cnn=yes

mykarma
May 8th, 2008, 06:52 PM

Hillary's 5 mistakes

For all her talk about "full speed on to the White House," there was an unmistakably elegiac tone to Hillary Clinton's primary-night speech in Indianapolis. And if one needed further confirmation that the undaunted, never-say-die Clintons realize their bid might be at an end, all it took was a look at the wistful faces of the husband and the daughter who stood behind the candidate as she talked of all the people she has met in a journey "that has been a blessing for me."

It was also a journey she had begun with what appeared to be insurmountable advantages, which evaporated one by one as the campaign dragged on far longer than anyone could have anticipated. She made at least five big mistakes, each of which compounded the others:

That was probably her biggest blunder. In a cycle that has been all about change, Clinton chose an incumbent's strategy, running on experience, preparedness, inevitability - and the power of the strongest brand name in Democratic politics. It made sense, given who she is and the additional doubts that some voters might have about making a woman Commander in Chief. But in putting her focus on positioning herself to win the general election in November, Clinton completely misread the mood of Democratic-primary voters, who were desperate to turn the page. "Being the consummate Washington insider is not where you want to be in a year when people want change," says Barack Obama's chief strategist, David Axelrod. Clinton's "initial strategic positioning was wrong and kind of played into our hands." But other miscalculations made it worse:

Clinton picked people for her team primarily for their loyalty to her, instead of their mastery of the game. That became abundantly clear in a strategy session last year, according to two people who were there. As aides looked over the campaign calendar, chief strategist Mark Penn confidently predicted that an early win in California would put her over the top because she would pick up all the state's 370 delegates. It sounded smart, but as every high school civics student now knows, Penn was wrong: Democrats, unlike the Republicans, apportion their delegates according to vote totals, rather than allowing any state to award them winner-take-all. Sitting nearby, veteran Democratic insider Harold M. Ickes, who had helped write those rules, was horrified - and let Penn know it. "How can it possibly be," Ickes asked, "that the much vaunted chief strategist doesn't understand proportional allocation?" And yet the strategy remained the same, with the campaign making its bet on big-state victories. Even now, it can seem as if they don't get it. Both Bill and Hillary have noted plaintively that if Democrats had the same winner-take-all rules as Republicans, she'd be the nominee. Meanwhile, the Clinton campaign now acknowledges privately:

While Clinton based her strategy on the big contests, she seemed to virtually overlook states like Minnesota, Nebraska and Kansas, which choose their delegates through caucuses. She had a reason: the Clintons decided, says an adviser, that "caucus states were not really their thing." Her core supporters - women, the elderly, those with blue-collar jobs - were less likely to be able to commit an evening of the week, as the process requires. But it was a little like unilateral disarmament in states worth 12% of the pledged delegates. Indeed, it was in the caucus states that Obama piled up his lead among pledged delegates. "For all the talent and the money they had over there," says Axelrod, "they - bewilderingly - seemed to have little understanding for the caucuses and how important they would become."

By the time Clinton's lieutenants realized the grave nature of their error, they lacked the resources to do anything about it - in part because:

For a decade or more, the Clintons set the standard for political fund-raising in the Democratic Party, and nearly all Bill's old donors had re-upped for Hillary's bid. Her 2006 Senate campaign had raised an astonishing $51.6 million against token opposition, in what everyone assumed was merely a dry run for a far bigger contest. But something had happened to fund-raising that Team Clinton didn't fully grasp: the Internet. Though Clinton's totals from working the shrimp-cocktail circuit remained impressive by every historic measure, her donors were typically big-check writers. And once they had ponied up the $2,300 allowed by law, they were forbidden to give more. The once bottomless Clinton well was drying up.

Obama relied instead on a different model: the 800,000-plus people who had signed up on his website and could continue sending money his way $5, $10 and $50 at a time. (The campaign has raised more than $100 million online, better than half its total.) Meanwhile, the Clintons were forced to tap the $100 million - plus fortune they had acquired since he left the White House - first for $5 million in January to make it to Super Tuesday and then $6.4 million to get her through Indiana and North Carolina. And that reflects one final mistake:

Clinton's strategy had been premised on delivering a knockout blow early. If she could win Iowa, she believed, the race would be over. Clinton spent lavishly there yet finished a disappointing third. What surprised the Obama forces was how long it took her campaign to retool. She fought him to a tie in the Feb. 5 Super Tuesday contests but didn't have any troops in place for the states that followed. Obama, on the other hand, was a train running hard on two or three tracks. Whatever the Chicago headquarters was unveiling to win immediate contests, it always had a separate operation setting up organizations in the states that were next. As far back as Feb. 21, Obama campaign manager David Plouffe was spotted in Raleigh, N.C. He told the News & Observer that the state's primary, then more than 10 weeks away, "could end up being very important in the nomination fight." At the time, the idea seemed laughable.

Now, of course, the question seems not whether Clinton will exit the race but when. She continues to load her schedule with campaign stops, even as calls for her to concede grow louder. But the voice she is listening to now is the one inside her head, explains a longtime aide. Clinton's calculation is as much about history as it is about politics. As the first woman to have come this far, Clinton has told those close to her, she wants people who invested their hopes in her to see that she has given it her best. And then? As she said in Indianapolis, "No matter what happens, I will work for the nominee of the Democratic Party because we must win in November." When the task at hand is healing divisions in the Democratic Party, the loser can have as much influence as the winner.

http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1738331,00.html?cnn=yes
Good read, thanks

doni1212
May 8th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Yeah, thanks!

doni1212
May 8th, 2008, 07:05 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20080508/pl_politico/10184
Obama plans to declare victory May 20
David Paul Kuhn
Thu May 8, 5:55 AM ET
Not long after the polls close in the May 20 Kentucky and Oregon primaries, Barack Obama plans to declare victory in his bid for the Democratic presidential nomination.

And, until at least May 31 and perhaps longer, Hillary Clinton's campaign plans to dispute it.

It's a train wreck waiting to happen, with one candidate claiming to be the nominee while the other vigorously denies it, all predicated on an argument over what exactly constitutes the finish line of the primary race.

The Obama campaign agrees with the Democratic National Committee, which pegs a winning majority at 2,025 pledged delegates and superdelegates--a figure that excludes the penalized Florida and Michigan delegations. The Clinton campaign, on the other hand, insists the winner will need 2,209 to cinch the nomination--a tally that includes Florida and Michigan.

"We don't accept 2,025. It is not the real number because that does not include Florida and Michigan," said Howard Wolfson, one of Clinton's two chief strategists. "It's a phony number."

Wolfson said they intend to contest the DNC's 2,025 number "every day," as well as any declaration of victory made by Obama based upon that number, because it does not include Florida and Michigan.

In January, Clinton won both states by wide margins when Obama did not actively contest them. The two states were stripped of their delegates for holding early primaries not sanctioned by the Democratic National Committee.

Obama will not reach the 2,025 magic number on May 20. Rather, on that date he is all but certain to hit a different threshold--1,627 pledged delegates, which would constitute a winning majority among the 3,253 total pledged delegates if Florida and Michigan are not included.

"On May 20 we're going to declare victory," said an Obama senior advisor who asked that his name be withheld to speak candidly, adding that after those contests they will be "the ones with the most pledged delegates and the most popular votes."

While the nature of that declaration of victory is "still developing," in the advisor's words, the Obama campaign contends that the winner of a majority of pledged delegates should be the party nominee.

"Senator Obama, our campaign and our supporters believe pledged delegates is the most legitimate metric for determining how this race has unfolded," wrote Obama campaign manager David Plouffe Wednesday in a memo to superdelegates. "It is simply the ratification of the DNC rules - your rules - which we built this campaign and our strategy around."

But the Clinton campaign's insistence on counting Florida and Michigan would alter not only the overall delegate math, but the pledged delegate math as well. Because if the two states are included in the count, the total number of pledged delegates would rise from 3,253 to 3,566--which means the magic number for a majority rises to 1,784, not 1,627 as the Obama campaign asserts.

By hewing to that interpretation, the Clinton campaign would thus be able to raise doubts about a May 20 declaration of victory by Obama.

Since the earliest possible resolution of the Florida/Michigan dispute is May 31, when the DNC Rules and Bylaws Committee will meet in Washington to address petitions from Michigan and Florida DNC members, the 11-day period between the May 20 primaries and the RBC meeting could produce a chaotic stretch where Obama claims to be the party nominee while Clinton argues otherwise.

Already, the two campaigns are gearing up for the battle.

"With the Clinton path to the nomination getting even narrower, we expect new and wildly creative scenarios to emerge in the coming days," wrote Plouffe in his memo. "While those scenarios may be entertaining, they are not legitimate and will not be considered legitimate by this campaign or its millions of supporters, volunteers, and donors."

"You can declare mission accomplished but that doesn't mean that the mission has actually been accomplished," Wolfson said.

Avi Zenilman contributed to this report

Email StoryIM StoryPrintable Vie

mykarma
May 8th, 2008, 07:35 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20080508/pl_politico/10184
Obama plans to declare victory May 20
David Paul Kuhn
Thu May 8, 5:55 AM ET
Not long after the polls close in the May 20 Kentucky and Oregon primaries, Barack Obama plans to declare victory in his bid for the Democratic presidential nomination.

And, until at least May 31 and perhaps longer, Hillary Clinton's campaign plans to dispute it.

It's a train wreck waiting to happen, with one candidate claiming to be the nominee while the other vigorously denies it, all predicated on an argument over what exactly constitutes the finish line of the primary race.

The Obama campaign agrees with the Democratic National Committee, which pegs a winning majority at 2,025 pledged delegates and superdelegates--a figure that excludes the penalized Florida and Michigan delegations. The Clinton campaign, on the other hand, insists the winner will need 2,209 to cinch the nomination--a tally that includes Florida and Michigan.

"We don't accept 2,025. It is not the real number because that does not include Florida and Michigan," said Howard Wolfson, one of Clinton's two chief strategists. "It's a phony number."

Wolfson said they intend to contest the DNC's 2,025 number "every day," as well as any declaration of victory made by Obama based upon that number, because it does not include Florida and Michigan.

In January, Clinton won both states by wide margins when Obama did not actively contest them. The two states were stripped of their delegates for holding early primaries not sanctioned by the Democratic National Committee.

Obama will not reach the 2,025 magic number on May 20. Rather, on that date he is all but certain to hit a different threshold--1,627 pledged delegates, which would constitute a winning majority among the 3,253 total pledged delegates if Florida and Michigan are not included.

"On May 20 we're going to declare victory," said an Obama senior advisor who asked that his name be withheld to speak candidly, adding that after those contests they will be "the ones with the most pledged delegates and the most popular votes."

While the nature of that declaration of victory is "still developing," in the advisor's words, the Obama campaign contends that the winner of a majority of pledged delegates should be the party nominee.

"Senator Obama, our campaign and our supporters believe pledged delegates is the most legitimate metric for determining how this race has unfolded," wrote Obama campaign manager David Plouffe Wednesday in a memo to superdelegates. "It is simply the ratification of the DNC rules - your rules - which we built this campaign and our strategy around."

But the Clinton campaign's insistence on counting Florida and Michigan would alter not only the overall delegate math, but the pledged delegate math as well. Because if the two states are included in the count, the total number of pledged delegates would rise from 3,253 to 3,566--which means the magic number for a majority rises to 1,784, not 1,627 as the Obama campaign asserts.

By hewing to that interpretation, the Clinton campaign would thus be able to raise doubts about a May 20 declaration of victory by Obama.

Since the earliest possible resolution of the Florida/Michigan dispute is May 31, when the DNC Rules and Bylaws Committee will meet in Washington to address petitions from Michigan and Florida DNC members, the 11-day period between the May 20 primaries and the RBC meeting could produce a chaotic stretch where Obama claims to be the party nominee while Clinton argues otherwise.

Already, the two campaigns are gearing up for the battle.

"With the Clinton path to the nomination getting even narrower, we expect new and wildly creative scenarios to emerge in the coming days," wrote Plouffe in his memo. "While those scenarios may be entertaining, they are not legitimate and will not be considered legitimate by this campaign or its millions of supporters, volunteers, and donors."

"You can declare mission accomplished but that doesn't mean that the mission has actually been accomplished," Wolfson said.

Avi Zenilman contributed to this report

Email StoryIM StoryPrintable Vie

Why are you putting this in every thread? I thought I hadn't responded to it when I saw it again? Like I said b4, I don't believe it because it makes no sense. Isn't the last primary in June, if so, what's so important about May 20th? :shrug:

doni1212
May 8th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Why are you putting this in every thread? I thought I hadn't responded to it when I saw it again? Like I said b4, I don't believe it because it makes no sense. Isn't the last primary in June, if so, what's so important about May 20th? :shrug:

So everyone will see it, :lol:

mykarma
May 8th, 2008, 07:46 PM
So everyone will see it, :lol:
UGH!!! Just put it in one thread until something like that is official. I looked on the Barack's website and nothing like that in there.

RVD
May 8th, 2008, 08:46 PM

Hillary's 5 mistakes

http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1738331,00.html?cnn=yesThis many miscalculations, and she wants to lead this country?! :eek:
And these aren't small mistakes either. :scared: I almost feel sorry for her.
*okay, sympathy's gone now* :lol:

You know, after reading this article, it almost sounds like she couldn't re-adapt (retool) her thinking back from Republican-like to Democratic-like. Her attempt at being more middle-of-the-road seems to have hurt her campaign in more ways than one.

One area that the article completely missed was the fact that the Clintons picked the wrong people to manage her campaign. Not once, but TWICE. And didn't she fire, dismiss, or replace some folks as well? SMH.

My new word of the day:
"elegiac" :cool:

Denise4925
May 8th, 2008, 09:53 PM
My new word of the day:
"elegiac" :cool:

Mine too. :) :o I had to look that sombitch up. :p

RVD
May 8th, 2008, 10:26 PM
Mine too. :) :o I had to look that sombitch up. :p:lol:

As a teen, I used to get teased for looking up new words... :angel:

Homies: "Whatcha doin' man?"
Me (flipping through a dictionary): "Looking up a word?"
Homies: WTF for?! :lol:

Denise4925
May 8th, 2008, 10:30 PM

As a teen, I used to get teased for looking up new words... :angel:

Homies: "Whatcha doin' man?"
Me (flipping through a dictionary): "Looking up a word?"
Homies: WTF for?! :lol:

RVD
May 8th, 2008, 10:53 PM
I found some of these kind of funny...

http://www.slate.com/blogs/blogs/trailhead/archive/2008/05/08/obama-doomsday-scenario-contest-results.aspx?GT1=38001
Obama Doomsday Scenario Contest Results!
Ways That Hillary Could Still Win The Nomination

Obama confesses that the blackout “ending” of the series finale of The Sopranos was his idea.—Scott Schiefelbein :lol:

The only way that Obama could possibly lose the nomination is if video of him punching a baby surfaced.—Nick Wilhelmy :lol:

There is only one unforgivable crime in America … dogfighting.—Tom Bianchi :haha:

The reason he doesn't believe the government created AIDS is because he did.—Shane Mehling

The best scenario for Hillary is to run as John McCain’s running mate. And for McCain to die.—Dea Henrich [So Obama would still be the nominee, but we had to include.—Ed.] :haha:

The Clinton campaign digs up records in the National Archives proving that Hawaii was not a state at the time of Obama's birth, thereby making him ineligible.—Pamela Belyn

Bill Clinton starts campaigning on his behalf before June 3.—Eric Samuels :haha: :haha:

Hillary sheds two tears.—Jon Cowan :haha: :haha:

WINNERS:

3rd place: Hillary appeals to the Supreme Court, which, based upon a 2000 ruling, decides that the candidate with fewer votes wins the election.—John Kirkbride

2nd place: Hillary Clinton must parachute into Pakistan while under heavy sniper fire, infiltrate al-Qaida using a fake beard, putty nose, and duct tape, and capture Osama Bin Laden, :lol: whilst singing the “Star Spangled Banner” with one hand over her heart and an American flag lapel pin prominently shown on her outfit. She must film all of this in HD and create a montage scored to Lee Greenwood's “God Bless the U.S.A.” Meanwhile, Barack Obama must publicly convert to Islam and change his name to Osama Hafez al-Mohammed Hussein Ayatollah Obama, while burning an American flag in the Crystal Cathedral as he replaces the crucifix with a do-it-yourself Piss Christ, while performing an abortion on the exhumed body of Terri Schiavo. He should also be naked. It should then rain frogs. That ought to do it.—Jason in San Diego

1st place: One of the lesser-known consequences of quantum physics is an event called “quantum tunneling.” Here's how it happens: At a campaign stop in West Virginia, completely out of the blue, the aggregate wave functions of all the particles in Barack Obama's body end up instantaneously transporting him through the entire Earth and leaving him treading water somewhere in the Indian Ocean, or leaving his various particles scattered inside the mantle. The odds of this occurring are such that any macroscopic object tunneling through any barrier is highly unlikely in the lifespan of the universe, but it could occur!—Michael Blessington :o

Donny
May 8th, 2008, 11:22 PM
http://hillaryis404.org/hillary404.jpg

doni1212
May 8th, 2008, 11:37 PM

mykarma
May 8th, 2008, 11:54 PM
That is so wrong. :lol:

Selah
May 9th, 2008, 01:01 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/cq/20080508/pl_cq_politics/politics2719785

Clinton Rejects Latest Michigan Delegate Plan

By Marie Horrigan, CQ Staff Thu May 8, 1:29 PM ET

Democratic presidential hopeful Hillary Rodham Clinton on Thursday rejected a compromise plan to seat Michigan's delegates to the national convention that would give 69 delegates to Clinton and 59 to Barack Obama.
ADVERTISEMENT

"This proposal does not honor the 600,000 votes that were cast in Michigan's January primary. Those votes must be counted," Clinton spokesman Isaac Baker said.

The Michigan Democratic Party had approved the plan and intended to submit it to the Democratic National Committee meeting on May 31. Michigan Democratic Party Chairman Mark Brewer said in a statement that the plan was a "good step toward a solution that unites Democrats and ensures that our state will not face a McCain presidency."

The Democratic National Committee (DNC) had stripped Michigan of its delegation to the Democratic National Convention because the state party scheduled its Jan. 15 primary in violation of national party rules. Several plans have been proposed to find a way to seat Michigan's delegation.

Clinton's campaign has maintained that the delegation should be allocated according to the vote in the Jan. 15 primary (73/55) but Obama's campaign had argued the delegation should be split between the two candidates (64/64) because he was not on the ballot. Clinton won that contest with 55 percent of the vote but most of the other major party candidates, including Obama, had removed their names from the ballot because the state violated national party rules.

Since any plan must be approved by all the players -- the state and national parties and both candidates -- it is unclear what will happen now.

The Michigan Democratic Party's Executive Committee on Wednesday had endorsed the 69/59 plan offered April 29 by a group of senior Michigan Democrats including Sen. Carl Levin, Rep. Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick, UAW President Ron Gettelfinger and DNC member Debbie Dingell.

Elizabeth Kerr, a spokeswoman for the Michigan Democratic Party, said the Clinton campaign's assertion that the votes "weren't honored" was "incorrect."

"This proposal honors the result of the January 15th primary but also takes into consideration that Obama's name was not on the ballot," she said.

If the state party ends up offering the plan to the national party, the DNC would consider it at the Rules and Bylaws Committee meeting in Washington on May 31. The DNC did not have any comment on the plan.

Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California, who has endorsed Clinton, said the former first lady would not make any decision about the future of her campaign until the status of the Michigan and Florida delegations had been settled at the May 31 meeting. The Democratic National Committee stripped Florida of its delegates to the national convention because the state legislature set the primary for Jan. 29 in violation of national party rules.

Some Democrats have pushed Clinton to consider suspending her campaign, particularly after her narrow victory in Indiana and her heavy loss to Obama in North Carolina during the primaries Tuesday.

"She's going to make the decision when the time comes," Feinstein said.

kittyking
May 9th, 2008, 03:43 AM
She's done for, and we called it here first :rocker2:

kittyking
May 9th, 2008, 03:48 AM

In The Zone
May 9th, 2008, 03:51 AM

Probably because this is in very bad taste. Wouldn't expect anything else, really.

harloo
May 9th, 2008, 03:53 AM
Hilary sends a blackmail letter to Barrack
(http://origin.observer.com/2008/clinton-writes-obama-demand-michigan-and-florida-votes-be-honored)

http://origin.observer.com/2008/clinton-writes-obama-demand-michigan-and-florida-votes-be-honored
Senator Barack Obama
Obama for America
P.O. Box 8102
Chicago, IL 60680

Dear Senator Obama,
This has been an historic and exciting campaign. Millions of new voters have been brought into the process and their enthusiasm for the Democratic Party and the principles for which you and I have fought and continue to fight is unprecedented.

One of the foremost principles of our party is that citizens be allowed to vote and that those votes be counted. That principle is not currently being applied to the nearly 2.5 million people who voted in primaries in Florida and Michigan. Whoever emerges as the Democratic nominee will be hamstrung in the general election if a fair and quick resolution is not reached that ensures that the voices of these voters are heard. Our commitment now to this goal could be the difference between winning and losing in November.
I have consistently said that the votes cast in Florida and Michigan in January should be counted. We cannot ignore the fact that the people in those states took the time to be a part of this process and to make their preferences known. When efforts were untaken by leaders in those states to hold revotes to ensure that they had a voice in selecting our nominee, I supported those efforts.

In Michigan, I supported a legislative effort to hold a revote that the Democratic National Committee said was in complete compliance with the party's rules. You did not support those efforts and your supporters in Michigan publically opposed them. In Florida a number of revote options were proposed. I am not aware of any that you supported. In 2000, the Republicans won an election by successfully opposing a fair counting of votes in Florida. As Democrats, we must reject any proposals that would do the same.

Your commitment to the voters of these states must be clearly stated and your support for a fair and quick resolution must be clearly demonstrated.
I am asking you to join me in working with representatives from Florida and Michigan and the Democratic National Committee to arrive at a solution that honors the votes of the millions of people who went to the polls in Florida and Michigan. It is not enough to simply seat their representatives at the convention in Denver. The people of these great states, like the people who have voted and are to vote in other states, must have a voice in selecting our party's nominee.

Sincerely,
Hillary Rodham Clinton

abercrombieguy23
May 9th, 2008, 03:54 AM
Probably because this is in very bad taste. Wouldn't expect anything else, really.

The Obama fanatics have soured so many Hillary fans they're not gonna vote or go McCain

Don't bite the hand that feeds you

kittyking
May 9th, 2008, 04:03 AM

Hillary's campaign has far worse taste than this

*waits for you to ramble off about how Hillary will become President of McDonalds of America

In The Zone
May 9th, 2008, 04:09 AM

*waits for you to ramble off about how Hillary will become President of McDonalds of America

Even though I disagree, what does that have to do with this thread? It doesn't.

abercrombieguy23
May 9th, 2008, 04:09 AM

that was a really bad attempt at being funny :tape:

kittyking
May 9th, 2008, 04:12 AM
Even though I disagree, what does that have to do with this thread? It doesn't.

As a Clinton supporter do you agree that she has absolutely no shot at winning the Democratic nomination?

kittyking
May 9th, 2008, 04:13 AM
that was a really bad attempt at being funny :tape:

I'm not a funny guy, take every single thing I say seriously :rolleyes:

In The Zone
May 9th, 2008, 04:14 AM
As a Clinton supporter do you agree that she has absolutely no shot at winning the Democratic nomination?

I am not going to get baited into this long, never-ending argument where I am cornered endlessly.

She can still win, you don't have to be a supporter to know that.

kittyking
May 9th, 2008, 04:19 AM
I am not going to get baited into this long, never-ending argument where I am cornered endlessly.

She can still win, you don't have to be a supporter to know that.

Theirs currently 2 Clinton supporters against 1 Conservative and yet I've somehow managed to corner you

:rolls:

Clinton can not win the Democratic Nomination. Even if you take into account Michigan and Florida she's still behind. On top of that some superdelegates who had previously endorsed her and now moving over to Barack. If you honestly think that Clinton has even a tiny shot at winning the Democratic nomination this year then you are crazy! :cuckoo:

doni1212
May 9th, 2008, 04:55 AM
The Obama fanatics have soured so many Hillary fans they're not gonna vote or go McCain

Ah, BITTER, are we? :devil:

LoveFifteen
May 9th, 2008, 05:22 AM

Obama claims that he is against the politics of division. He wants to usher in a new era of politics where people reach across the aisle and cooperate. Why are you posting such rude pictures of Clinton? Is this part of the politics of hope?

I have accepted the fact that Obama will be the nominee. I have also accepted the fact that he will probably get stomped in the general election. I don't see him winning any of the Big Four: Florida, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania.

I have seen no convincing evidence that Obama can win any of these four states. You can bump this thread in November and mock me mercilessly if Obama wins any of those four states ...

Stamp Paid
May 9th, 2008, 06:10 AM
Hell naw that is too funny. LOLOL

abercrombieguy23
May 9th, 2008, 06:36 AM
Ah, BITTER, are we? :devil:

No but I am sending you the bill for my eardrum surgery after your serenade :tape:

homogenius
May 9th, 2008, 09:38 AM
Seeing this thread, it's hard to realize that all the posters are actually Democrats and supposed to be on the same side.

kittyking
May 9th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Seeing this thread, it's hard to realize that all the posters are actually Democrats and supposed to be on the same side.

This isn't a Barack Supporters thread, this is a thread for people to celebrate Hillary loosing :rocker2:

Pureracket
May 9th, 2008, 11:35 AM
Seeing this thread, it's hard to realize that all the posters are actually Democrats and supposed to be on the same side.This is true. I'm hoping we'll all stop the Hillary bashing soon enough.

Donny
May 9th, 2008, 12:23 PM

"I have a much broader base to build a winning coalition on," she said in an interview with USA TODAY. As evidence, Clinton cited an Associated Press article "that found how Sen. Obama's support among working, hard-working Americans, white Americans, is weakening again, and how whites in both states who had not completed college were supporting me."
http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2008-05-07-clintoninterview_N.htm

Well, this woman has soured many Obama supporters. And personally, after the stuff she's pulled since January, she deserves the ridicule.

mykarma
May 9th, 2008, 02:50 PM
You really can't care what they say to you because you know they're bitter, depressed, and having a difficult time right now. For some reason they have this entitlement syndrome but oh well, that's their issue.

mykarma
May 9th, 2008, 02:51 PM
:tape:

Sir Stefwhit
May 9th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Leave kitty alone, I like him; he helps me stay pure.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/violent070.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

BigB08822
May 9th, 2008, 04:18 PM

I don't understand this. How can you start a thread like this and NOT expect to get some bad reps? I realize you did this in retaliation and out of immaturity, but if you had such a problem with Ellery's post then just bad rep them and let it be done. Send them a private message if you wish. I won't bad rep you because you aren't worth it but this thread says a load about you.

doni1212
May 9th, 2008, 04:43 PM
No but I am sending you the bill for my eardrum surgery after your serenade :tape:

Awwww, like I said, BITTER. :lol:
Haha, you took the time out of your day to watch my youtube videos. How pathetic for you who hates me, :lol:
And don't be jealous because I got those vocals, ;)

Harju.
May 9th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Haha, you took the time out of your day to watch my youtube videos. How pathetic for you who hates me, :lol:
You go, gurl! :worship:
Your voice is da bomb! Do you ever consider joining American Idol? I think you'd do very very well. :)

doni1212
May 9th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Your voice is da bomb! Do you ever to consider joining American Idol? I think you'd do very well. :)

Thanks!! :hug: I thought about it but the one thing that I'm lacking is personality. I don't come off as a bubbly person. I'm quiet except when I'm in my goofy moods with people I know, :lol:
Did you see my vids from my posting in the talent thread?

BigB08822
May 9th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Thanks!! :hug: I thought about it but the one thing that I'm lacking is personality. I don't come off as a bubbly person. I'm quiet except when I'm in my goofy moods with people I know, :lol:
Just go to auditions totally drunk! You'll be real bubbly then! :lol:

doni1212
May 9th, 2008, 05:01 PM

Harju.
May 9th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Are you kidding me? I've shown the videos to some of my friends and they even thought you were brilliant.

You shouldn't worry too much. Judging from your awesome posts in this board, you should do just fine. :hug:

Pureracket
May 9th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Are you kidding me? I've shown the videos to some of my friends and they even thought you were brilliant.

You shouldn't worry too much. Judging from your awesome posts in this board, you should do just fine. :hug:Don't flatter her. She already has the big head because she knows she can sing. LOL!

doni1212
May 9th, 2008, 05:25 PM

You shouldn't worry too much. Judging from your awesome posts in this board, you should do just fine. :hug:

Don't flatter her. She already has the big head because she knows she can sing. LOL!

Thanks guys!!!
Now I'm off to take a nap b/c I stayed up all night writing my history final on Reconstruction during the Civil War and then watching Serena so I'll see you guys tonight in about 6 hrs! :wavey:

mykarma
May 9th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Thanks guys!!!
Now I'm off to take a nap b/c I stayed up all night writing my history final on Reconstruction during the Civil War and then watching Serena so I'll see you guys tonight in about 6 hrs! :wavey:
I want to hear it. :mad:

abercrombieguy23
May 9th, 2008, 06:21 PM

deluded self confidence is a beautiful thing...

V-lix im disappointed in you :lol:

Selah
May 9th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Prayer is working. I'm gonna start a prayer circle until the countdown!

Obama picks up 6 superdelegates, union endorsement!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080509/ap_on_el_pr/obama_endorsement

ampers&
May 9th, 2008, 09:24 PM
ROTFLMFAO @ Pheelicks. :spit:

Thkmra
May 9th, 2008, 09:24 PM
Thanks guys!!!

I fell like a lil' ass kid: 'I wanna see...I wanna seeeeeeeeee'!!!!:lol::lol:

Stamp Paid
May 9th, 2008, 09:50 PM
ROTFLMFAO @ Pheelicks. :spit:I didnt know he had it in him :spit:

Denise4925
May 9th, 2008, 10:00 PM
That's mean what y'all are doing to doni. She's just a kid.

*JR*
May 9th, 2008, 10:39 PM
The new line by some media commentators is:

Dead Woman Walking :tape:

RVD
May 9th, 2008, 10:54 PM

Dead Woman Walking :tape::haha: :haha:
STOP IT *JR*!!
You are KILLING me man. :lol:

Hillary has made the blunder of the century.
Yet another irony was the fact that she and her campaign were waiting on Obama to screw up.
But alas. :tape: :tape:

And this is a senior Senator?! :o

doni1212
May 10th, 2008, 12:00 AM
I want to hear it. :mad:

http://www.youtube.com/doni1212

deluded self confidence is a beautiful thing...

V-lix im disappointed in you :lol:

Haha, damn, STILL haven't gotten over your BITTERNESS, :lol:

I fell like a lil' ass kid: 'I wanna see...I wanna seeeeeeeeee'!!!!:lol::lol:

That's mean what y'all are doing to doni. She's just a kid.

:lol: :hug: I mean I'm 18, lol.

kittyking
May 10th, 2008, 12:20 AM

:hearts:

doni1212
May 10th, 2008, 12:48 AM
:hearts:

Aww, thanks kittyking! :hug:

kittyking
May 10th, 2008, 12:49 AM
Aww, thanks kittyking! :hug:

:hug: And you definately should try out for American Idol!

RVD
May 10th, 2008, 01:04 AM

:lol: :hug: I mean I'm 18, lol.That was impressive doni! :worship:

Soooo, theeeennnnn...ummmm...

When is your American Idol debut? :shrug: :D :cool:

doni1212
May 10th, 2008, 01:37 AM
That was impressive doni! :worship:

Soooo, theeeennnnn...ummmm...

When is your American Idol debut? :shrug: :D :cool:

Lol, we'll see guys, we'll see. I think this summer I'm going to be in my fourth musical and I'm really excited about that! :bounce:

In The Zone
May 10th, 2008, 02:57 AM
Lol, we'll see guys, we'll see. I think this summer I'm going to be in my fourth musical and I'm really excited about that! :bounce:

Doni, you're such a soft spoken little girl with such a strong womanly voice.

I loved the clip. Good luck to you. :D You should try out for AI so we can have WTAW team up and bring you to victory!

kiwifan
May 10th, 2008, 03:28 AM

I wish I hadn't already given you rep...

...I just listened to your "Why Do Fools Fall In Love" and your chat that followed, loved the dancing, you are too cute. :angel:

Best of luck!!!

doni1212
May 10th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Doni, you're such a soft spoken little girl with such a strong womanly voice.

I loved the clip. Good luck to you. :D You should try out for AI so we can have WTAW team up and bring you to victory!

Yeah, and the haters would team up and kick me off, :lol:
But thanks! :hug:

...I just listened to your "Why Do Fools Fall In Love" and your chat that followed, loved the dancing, you are too cute. :angel:

Best of luck!!!

Lol, I can't dance for shit, :lol: I was messing around, haha.
Thank you! :hug:

*JR*
May 10th, 2008, 05:25 PM

Best of luck!!!
We should promote her, like in a girl group. ;)

Kiwi = Berry Gordy :cool:

JR = err, Phil Spector :o

doni1212
May 10th, 2008, 05:39 PM

Not Phil Spector, :lol:
We did Leader of the Pack (the musical) last year for my senior year and he was portrayed in it with a different name, :lol:

Denise4925
May 10th, 2008, 05:55 PM

doni :hearts: You have a beautiful tone to your voice. You just need to watch your pitch and breathe. Are you taking voice lessons? If not, the training will help with those areas. Other than that I loved it and you're such a sweetie. What are you talking about you don't have a bubbly personality? You have a great and endearing personality. :D One in which you just want to pinch your cheeks and give you kisses. :kiss: :lol: I loved it, hon. :yeah:

doni1212
May 10th, 2008, 05:58 PM
doni :hearts: You have a beautiful tone to your voice. You just need to watch your pitch and breathe. Are you taking voice lessons? If not, the training will help with those areas. Other than that I loved it and you're such a sweetie. What are you talking about you don't have a bubbly personality? You have a great and endearing personality. :D One in which you just want to pinch your cheeks and give you kisses. :kiss: :lol: I loved it, hon. :yeah:

I'm haven't taken lessons since January but I know I need to go back. I've just been so busy with school.
Thanks Denise! :hug:

harloo
May 10th, 2008, 06:18 PM

That's great, just keep believing and don't worry about what people say. They don't have a video of themselves up on the internet. It takes confidence to open yourself up to scrutiny. And you have a girl next door type of personality, it will work. If you plan on trying out for Idol, just be yourself. ;)

I remember someone posted a video of Matt singing here and many posters went on him hard. I thought that was a bit mean and always feel like it's better to encourage someone who's trying to develop a talent. Good luck!

doni1212
May 10th, 2008, 06:41 PM
That's great, just keep believing and don't worry about what people say. They don't have a video of themselves up on the internet. It takes confidence to open yourself up to scrutiny. And you have a girl next door type of personality, it will work. If you plan on trying out for Idol, just be yourself. ;)

I remember someone posted a video of Matt singing here and many posters went on him hard. I thought that was a bit mean and always feel like it's better to encourage someone who's trying to develop a talent. Good luck!

Thanks you! :hug:

@Sweet Cleopatra
May 10th, 2008, 06:51 PM
why is every thing related to race in america , all over the world one can prefer dark or white or chinease features without all this ... i like people with black hair and eyes and white skin and i can say that and no one says to me i am racist

RVD
May 10th, 2008, 09:37 PM
why is every thing related to race in america , all over the world one can prefer dark or white or chinease features without all this ... i like people with black hair and eyes and white skin and i can say that and no one says to me i am racist Not just America, I'm afraid. For example, in some Asian countries (I'll use Blacks in this case), the Asians still reject Blacks as an inferior people.
In some parts of China (I'm told by fellow Dojo moms and dads) they run up to a Black man or woman out of curiosity to touch their hair and skin to see if there is a difference.
In Korea, Blacks are j-u-u-u-u-s-t now being seen as "a people of worth'.
Japan, though they have a history of considering Blacks an inferior "race" are also just now coming around from their extreme prejudices. It's interesting to note that there is still study being conducted today that theorizes that the present Japan people are a product of Africans. maybe that's where their animosity towards darker races originate. Since they consider themselves a superior and pure race. :shrug:

It really hasn't been that long (a few decades)to where Black singers where even allowed to perform in Japan. Now you have Michael Jackson and J-Pop, where some singers are bi-racial stars. :lol:

Here in America, you'll find a mixture of Asians who hang out with their Black homies, playing Rap music, and are very involved in the Hip-Hop culture. My son who attends UC Irvin is a Vice-President of one such club there. On the other hand, you have many many other Asians here in America who still avoid and detest our very color. :shrug:
I'd imagine that America isn't the only place where this is so. Not being world-traveled, I can't say for sure, just that I'd imagine this to be so; since the nature of individual cultures vary little from country to country.

Anyway, having said all that, maybe someone from other countries can shed some actual light on the racial diversity and cultural relationships where they live.

On another note...
America is somewhat unique in that it's history is that of divisiveness and categorization of it's population. It really has not been that long since the days of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. spoke on this very subject, and pleaded his case for unity.
But America most certainly isn't the only place where this is so. I suggest reading up on other cultures and their history for a better understanding.

Lastly, IF Barack wins the nomination and finally the Presidency, it will be interesting to see how countries that still hold to the antiquated ideology of Black inferiority will receive the first Black American President. :)

We live in a very exciting time it would appear.

Monica_Rules
May 10th, 2008, 09:45 PM
Have to say I was a Hillary supporter but really wasn't too fussed as long as the democrats won the election. I would love to see a Barrack and Hillary joint fight but I can;t see that happening.

mykarma
May 11th, 2008, 01:54 AM

Dead Woman Walking :tape:
That's mean, :lol: and the Hillary supporters on this board will blame the Barack supporters for this.

mykarma
May 11th, 2008, 02:05 AM

Doni, these are fabulous and you have a wonderful voice. I am really impressed especially without any music or any type of background. Anyone that makes an attempt to laugh and say you can't sing are just plain jealous. :worship::worship::worship:

mykarma
May 11th, 2008, 02:10 AM

Best of luck!!!
I hope I can give her one and she is shy. :hearts:

mykarma
May 11th, 2008, 02:12 AM

:haha::haha::haha:

doni1212
May 11th, 2008, 03:06 AM
Doni, these are fabulous and you have a wonderful voice. I am really impressed especially without any music or any type of background. Anyone that makes an attempt to laugh and say you can't sing are just plain jealous. :worship::worship::worship:

I hope I can give her one and she is shy. :hearts:

Thanks mykarma, :hug:

mykarma
May 11th, 2008, 04:08 AM
http://i29.tinypic.com/2yvj8ew.jpg
Fat ugly bitch? I don't think so, :lol:

Lol, pllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssss ssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee post a pic, :lol:

Doni, you're so cute and what a beautiful smile.

doni1212
May 11th, 2008, 04:29 AM
Doni, you're so cute and what a beautiful smile.

Thanks again mykarma, :hug:

mykarma
May 11th, 2008, 04:32 AM
Thanks again mykarma, :hug:
Did u see Tina Fey on SNL tonight do the Hillary thing? It was hysterical but can't find it to post it. If you run across it can you post it?

G1Player2
May 11th, 2008, 04:32 AM
Doni, you have an awesome and sweet voice!

doni1212
May 11th, 2008, 04:34 AM
Did u see Tina Fey on SNL tonight do the Hillary thing? It was hysterical but can't find it to post it. If you run across it can you post it?

I didn't see it. I'll look now. Was it about Hillary not wanting 2 drop out?

Doni, you have an awesome and sweet voice!

Thanks GPlayer! :hug:

G1Player2
May 11th, 2008, 04:36 AM
I didn't see it. I'll look now. Was it about Hillary not wanting 2 drop out?

Thanks GPlayer! :hug:

I didn't even check out the "Why Do we Fall In love?" clip. That was hilarious. :lol:

OMG, I have a crush. :sad: :scared: :kiss:

doni1212
May 11th, 2008, 04:36 AM
I didn't even check out the "Why Do we Fall In love?" clip. That was hilarious. :lol:

:lol: I know, I can't dance, lol.
Lol, I'm blushing.

Denise4925
May 12th, 2008, 08:41 PM

:fiery: What??!!!

*JR*
May 12th, 2008, 09:58 PM
:lol: I know, I can't dance, lol.
Lol, I'm blushing.
Neither could this legend. (Though that black Jewish guy introducing her certainly could). Anyhow, speaking of the thread title, they say it ain't ova till the fat lady sings. Umm, OK:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RhriAN7jME :rocker:

doni1212
May 13th, 2008, 02:02 AM
Neither could this legend. (Though that black Jewish guy introducing her certainly could). Anyhow, speaking of the thread title, they say it ain't ova till the fat lady sings. Umm, OK:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RhriAN7jME :rocker:

They always play this song on LOST. I love Sammy Davis Jr!