PDA

View Full Version : Is this like watching addicts shooting up?

V.Melb
May 6th, 2008, 07:26 PM
" this is like watching addicts shoot up. makes me sad and uncomfortable."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h76OxJ8x-6w

this was exactly my sentiment when I saw this.

Pureracket
May 6th, 2008, 07:43 PM
I'm sorry, but I'm from the deep south, and....well....those fried twinkies did not look that bad.;)(I workout/lift @ least 5xwk, though).

Then again, I also like going to the Flea Market on Sunday after church, and I like sitting on my front porch on Saturday evenings to see who's passing by my house. I like southern living.

V.Melb
May 6th, 2008, 07:55 PM
sorry, i'm not American, I had no Idea that they are from the south, or that fried twinkies are a specialty in the southern states in America. I cant help but think that these women need help, and this sort of food is an addiction for them, thats what makes such a video disturbing. Whats more, the young girl, who is already obese, is not being taught anything by her older family members, in fact, the older woman sitting across from her is gorging herself and bragging about it. it sets such a bad example for the younger one eating the fried oreo.

Pureracket
May 6th, 2008, 08:10 PM
sorry, i'm not American, I had no Idea that they are from the south, or that fried twinkies are a specialty in the southern states in America. I cant help but think that these women need help, and this sort of food is an addiction for them, thats what makes such a video disturbing. Whats more, the young girl, who is already obese, is not being taught anything by her older family members, in fact, the older woman sitting across from her is gorging herself and bragging about it. it sets such a bad example for the younger one eating the fried oreo.Oh, there's not a need to apologize. I don't even know where these women are from. I do know that food like that is popular in Southern states.
I agree with what you're saying, though; however, lack of exercise also contributes to the obesity. A deep fried twinkie from time to time isn't so bad if it's accompanied by a steady regimine of excercise and the eating of lots and lots of fruits and veggies.

Kart
May 6th, 2008, 08:20 PM
I don't really think it's like watching addicts shoot up.

IMHO, being overweight has been de-stigmatised now to the extent that it's acceptable and frankly almost cultural.

kwilliams
May 6th, 2008, 08:43 PM
I eat like a horse (though I'm not as bad as I used to be). I do know though that if I even started to put on weight I would start exercising and eating healthier/less. I would imagine that the ladies probably do have emotional issues and must be doing a lot of comfort eating. It's hard to imagine how a person gets to that point. I suppose they didn't seemed too bothered by their weight though. I'd just worry a little that they may struggle with health issues down the line.

abercrombieguy23
May 6th, 2008, 11:59 PM
I eat like a horse (though I'm not as bad as I used to be). I do know though that if I even started to put on weight I would start exercising and eating healthier/less. I would imagine that the ladies probably do have emotional issues and must be doing a lot of comfort eating. It's hard to imagine how a person gets to that point. I suppose they didn't seemed too bothered by their weight though. I'd just worry a little that they may struggle with health issues down the line.

Obesity = Killer of healthcare system

It doesn't matter what you workout per week

Those fats are plaque on arteries

kwilliams
May 7th, 2008, 12:03 AM

But if you exercise (like aerobic or cardio exercise) you can reduce cholesterol, right?

abercrombieguy23
May 7th, 2008, 12:04 AM
But if you exercise (like aerobic or cardio exercise) you can reduce cholesterol, right?

Not trans fats....and those twinkies are transfats

hablo
May 7th, 2008, 12:09 AM
I didn't even know you could deep fry twinkies and oreos ! :eek:

Wannabeknowitall
May 7th, 2008, 12:17 AM

It seems to be for one person. You can't tell some people any different.
The hard way always seems the best.

To me it's like addicts shooting up.
It's not apart of any american culture to eat like that anymore besides the obesity culture.

I can't even eat a twinkie. I think it's the most disgusting thing ever.

I'm in Philadelphia we have Tastykates and they're so much better than anything anyone out there makes in a package.

Sally Struthers
May 7th, 2008, 12:22 AM
eh.. I've seen Paula Deen deep fry macaroni and cheese, lasagna, and cheesecake :tape:

Infiniti2001
May 7th, 2008, 12:38 AM
I didn't even know you could deep fry twinkies and oreos ! :eek:

Me either:eek: WT? :lol:

Wannabeknowitall
May 7th, 2008, 12:44 AM
eh.. I've seen Paula Deen deep fry macaroni and cheese, lasagna, and cheesecake :tape:

Paula Deen would deep fry herself and serve herself to her husband Michael if she could find a way to.

I have never even seen that bitch make a salad on her show.
Does she know what it would even consist of? :lol:

Coleslaw is not a healthy option to a real salad Paula Deen, just letting you know.

Sally Struthers
May 7th, 2008, 12:47 AM
Paula Deen would deep fry herself and serve herself to her husband Michael if she could find a way to.

I have never even seen that bitch make a salad on her show.
Does she know what it would even consist of? :lol:

Coleslaw is not a healthy option to a real salad Paula Deen, just letting you know.

she made a salad once by quartering a head of iceberg lettuce and slathering it with a huge mound of blue cheese dressing :o

Wannabeknowitall
May 7th, 2008, 12:50 AM
she made a salad once by quartering a head of iceberg lettuce and slathering it with a huge mound of blue cheese dressing :o

That's not a salad.
That's blue cheese dressing with a iceberg lettuce as a dip. :lol: