PDA

View Full Version : Obama vote supressed in 11 states (and counting)

dementieva's fan
May 6th, 2008, 04:22 AM
Democracy in action guys :rolleyes: This is low even for Hillary

http://www.masson.us/blog/?p=3161
Women’s Voices, Women Vote Engage in Vote Suppression
By Doug

Looks like a bit of vote suppression by some of Clinton’s well-wishers in North Carolina. An outfit called Women’s Voices, Women Vote is calling black people in North Carolina with messages that appear designed to sow confusion about registration procedures and deadlines. The organization claims it’s an innocent mistake, and perhaps it was, except that they’ve apparently been caught up in similar controversies in 10 other states. Each time, the response is, “oopsie!”

The non-profit’s board members include Clinton supporters such as Joe Goode, a pollster for Bill’s 1992 campaign and John Podesta, former Clinton White House chief of staff. The organization claims to organized for the purpose of registering unmarried women to vote. At the very least, the organization seems to make a *lot* of mistakes for a well-funded outfit chock-full of experienced political operators.

Update I liked the following from Majikthise on the subject:

One might assume this was an innocent mistake, but the behind the calls turns out to have disseminated inaccurate voter information in multiple states. Page Gardner of Women’s Voices Women’s Votes says the whole thing was just a misguided attempt to register women voters. Somehow they ended up targeting a fair number of people who were neither women, nor unregistered, and telling them to do things that couldn’t possibly help them register. WVWV also forgot to identify itself as the sponsor of these calls. Finally, they forgot to specify whether submitting one’s application now would register someone for the primary or the general election, if indeed they weren’t registered already.

------------------------

Where is the outrage in the msm? You can bet if a group associated with Obama had done something like this he would have been crucified by now. This is the equivalent of watergate. Looks like Hillary is taking some lessons in circumventing the will of the people from Fidel Castro. I think she now realizes that the only way she can win an election honestly is if hers is the only name on the ballot (Go Michigan :tape:) so she has stooped to blocking Obama's vote from showing up. Shame on her and supporters.

LeonHart
May 6th, 2008, 05:29 AM
http://www.mydd.com/story/2008/5/2/161342/1154

:weirdo:

dementieva's fan
May 6th, 2008, 05:33 AM
http://www.mydd.com/story/2008/5/2/161342/1154

:weirdo:

What has this got anything whatsoever to do with the topic of this thread?

whyme225
May 6th, 2008, 01:04 PM
What is MSM? I see it all the time and it's driving me crazy because I have no idea what it means.

Main stream Media?

BigB08822
May 6th, 2008, 02:06 PM
What about the terribly confusing ballots being passed out by Obama supporters that looked official but were not? I hate both sides for doing this but I don't blame Obama or Hillary, the last thing they want to do is win this unfairly. I know some people wont believe that but I do.

mykarma
May 6th, 2008, 02:18 PM
What about the terribly confusing ballots being passed out by Obama supporters that looked official but were not? I hate both sides for doing this but I don't blame Obama or Hillary, the last thing they want to do is win this unfairly. I know some people wont believe that but I do.
First on all in parts of N.C. this happens every election even elections even local elections. Plus, since they are confusing how does that help Obama? Those are suppose to be examples of ballots suggesting what candidates the org. approves of just like commercials show that a particular candidate supports a person. It's not only from the org. that was posted on this board.

The ballots that you are referring to doesn't tell lies and post inaccurate info. to pollsters like the last election when they sent inaccurate dates and times to people in the black community.

samsung101
May 6th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Suppressed?
Obama should win both the states today.
At least NC in a big win.
That won't shut Hillary down, nor should it.
Soros will just have to spend more to help out Obama to get
to the White House.

When do we ever give a voter in this country a bit of credit for having an
IQ greater than that of a 5th grader?

Register yourself. Read the simple pamphlet, call if you don't get it yet.
Stop blaming everyone else because you can't figure out the brain taxing
act of registering and voting.

Illegal aliens figure it out in California really easy, you sign the form
when you get your driver's license with the fake i.d. No problem.

Sorry, it sounds like one more of the non-profits, 527's, etc., is outdoing
the other sides.

Obama and George Soros and their side have plenty of independent groups doing
similar work...and I'm sure w/similar results, with mistakes and all.

This sounds more like mistakes, and intentional oops moments to confuse...a lot like
the boiler room calls aimed at seniors to confuse them. Not illegal, but, unethical,
and seedy.

It's a public group, which makes public news statements, has plenty of news stories on
it, and is in very many states.

That's not suppression, that's one group registering better than the other, and like the
DNC nomination process, they have plenty of rules to figure out for each state. Heck,
we can't even figure out who the nominee is by the confusing DNC rules, so why is it
suprising the groups make mistakes in telling people about registering.

Stop blaming everyone else, register yourself, and take some personal responsiblity,
and learn about the registering rules and process.